PDA

View Full Version : Eligibility Rules, Okay

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155

geysir
14/09/2013, 3:54 PM
Why do you say that Danny?
are there a lot of dead bodies lying around?

DannyInvincible
14/09/2013, 4:24 PM
What is the "Nations Cup Final showpiece" to which Bryson is referring and in what way did the IFA have the "audacity to wipe out the National Anthem" from it? Of course, the Nations Cup didn't have a final as it was based on a mini-league format, but I imagined he was speaking of NI's last fixture of the competition, which would have been against Wales.

Newryrep
14/09/2013, 7:37 PM
What is the "Nations Cup Final showpiece" to which Bryson is referring and in what way did the IFA have the "audacity to wipe out the National Anthem" from it? Of course, the Nations Cup didn't have a final as it was based on a mini-league format, but I imagined he was speaking of NI's last fixture of the competition, which would have been against Wales.

Think it was the irish cup final Cliftonville V Cruesaders

And leave Jamie alone - the guy just continues to give and give, thinking about standing at the European elections if LAD is to be believed - you couldnt make it up

DannyInvincible
14/09/2013, 7:49 PM
Think it was the irish cup final Cliftonville V Cruesaders

Ah, I see. A mix of awful quoting and punctuation along with Bryson's peculiar usage of the word "nation" in the context had me thinking he was referring to the Carling Nations Cup.

SolitudeRed
15/09/2013, 12:36 AM
Yes that is right he is referring to the Irish Cup final this year which featured Cliftonville against the Glens, think it was claimed on ILS that Bwyson is a Glentoran fan and attends the odd match maybe that is why he was so upset by it! It also didn't get played in 2009 when Cliftonville played Crusaders and it didn't get much of a mention at all.

Not Brazil
15/09/2013, 10:24 AM
Who cares what he's referring to. Just a publicity seeking ****!

He's a Grade A **** Fly.

Hope he does put himself forward at a future election - he'll find out that he does not speak for "The Protestant People Of Ulster".

He's a wannabe nobody.

ArdeeBhoy
15/09/2013, 10:32 AM
Ha, agreed NB. But as Nr says he is a 'gift'.

And beat you to that story, Danny...unusually!

Btw, do Cliftonville have a special dispensation avoid hearing the royal dirge if they make the IFA Cup Final?
If so, hope they make the Final every year...

Not Brazil
15/09/2013, 10:55 AM
Ha, agreed NB. But as Nr says he is a 'gift'.

I'm waiting on him coming out with the immortal - Sinn Fein/IFA ;)

ArdeeBhoy
15/09/2013, 11:04 AM
Now that would be a turn-up...almost inspired!
:rolleyes:

Though even he's not that stupid, surely...

Not Brazil
15/09/2013, 11:14 AM
Though even he's not that stupid, surely...

Oh, I think his stupidity knows no bounds AB - now claiming on Twitter that he did not say that "The Billy Boys" was sung at the ground on Tuesday, and that the media have an "agenda" against him. ;)

If you didn't laugh, you'd cry at his cringeworthy bollicks.

ArdeeBhoy
15/09/2013, 11:20 AM
Hmm, strange chap.

There was that picture of him with the green harp/'Erin Go Bragh'? flag, in a Cork pub which don't think is 'Photoshopped' that seems to mean he's pretty insecure about his identity, or an attention-seeker, or :rolleyes: both...
http://i49.tinypic.com/28bvbzm.jpg

Not Brazil
15/09/2013, 11:24 AM
Hmm, strange chap.
...an attention-seeker

Nail on the head.

geysir
15/09/2013, 11:30 AM
Indeed, in that BT article, Jamie does not admit that the Billy song was sung at the match in Luxembourg.
He does not confirm or deny that the song was sung by NI supporters. He states that the song is not sectarian etc etc.

ArdeeBhoy
15/09/2013, 11:39 AM
You might need to re-read the first half of this article, albeit it is from The BT.

geysir
15/09/2013, 11:53 AM
You might need to re-read the first half of this article, albeit it is from The BT.
Why would I need to reread the first half?
Where is Bryson quoted as confirming or admitting that the BB was sung?

ArdeeBhoy
15/09/2013, 12:01 PM
Presumably you are being obtuse for some reason? Read the first line...

geysir
15/09/2013, 12:12 PM
Presumably you are being obtuse for some reason? Read the first line...
You mean to state that the BT claims Bryson confirmed the song was sung in Luxembourg?

Bryson denies he did, and I note that there is no quote from Bryson in the BT article to support their claim.
Therefore I state clearly and concisely, that there is no quote from Bryson in that BT article, where he admits that the BB song was sung in Luxembourg.

The article is a stitch-up, just because it's a stitch-up of a moron, doesn't make it any less of a stitch-up.

ArdeeBhoy
15/09/2013, 12:19 PM
Except I didn't say he did. If you want to go down a pointless route of pedantry.

As for your other 'point', please read the second word of the second paragraph of the original article!

geysir
15/09/2013, 12:36 PM
Except I didn't say he did. If you want to go down a pointless route of pedantry.
You are being as vague and slippery as Bryson :)
I didn't claim you said anything, I asked a question for clarification purposes.

As for your other 'point', please read the second word of the second paragraph of the original article!
Is that word (confirmed), a quote from Bryson or what the journalist plants?
If it's the former, then it should be in quotes.
If it's the latter, then it's not a quote, is it?

Bryson is not quoted as confirming anything. An article needs direct quotes to back up an accusation of what a person is suppose to have said.

ArdeeBhoy
15/09/2013, 12:41 PM
Ok, but you're in a minority of one with such semantics...
It's implied as is the case with lots of media. So what?

Charlie Darwin
15/09/2013, 2:47 PM
Always have to laugh when people claims the Billy Boys is no more sectarian than the Fields of Athenry - there is a special form of dementedness involved there. If they wanted to pick an Irish song that could be considered sectarian, they could always go with Amhran na bhFiann, although I suppose that would first require them to acknowledge that it exists.

geysir
15/09/2013, 2:54 PM
Ok, but you're in a minority of one with such semantics...
Semantics my árse,
as if 'semantics' explains being able to discriminate the difference between a junk journalist and one who respects the minimum standard of reporting about what a person has actually said re a controversial event.

It's implied as is the case with lots of media. So what?
Ah I see, if Ardeebhoy is satisfied with the accuracy of an Indo news journalist's implication, therefore it must be true, because lots of other media do it. ;)

And when the implication is denied by Bryson, you take issue with somebody who points out that Bryson is not quoted in the article,
you say "so what" "it's implied", "lots of media (do it)":D

ArdeeBhoy
15/09/2013, 3:02 PM
Yes, geysir you're bored. No-one bar you is interested in such pettiness. Even when it's the Indo, any easy target.
Get over it...
:)

Charlie Darwin
15/09/2013, 3:09 PM
Hard to tell from the article really. They may have asked him if the song was sung and he said 'yes' - hard (but not impossible) to quote him directly in that case. If he's been misrepresented then I'm sure wee Jamie will clear things up in due course.

DannyInvincible
15/09/2013, 4:17 PM
Indeed, in that BT article, Jamie does not admit that the Billy song was sung at the match in Luxembourg.
He does not confirm or deny that the song was sung by NI supporters. He states that the song is not sectarian etc etc.

It is reported that he confirmed it was sung.

Bryson (23) confirmed that the Billy Boys ... was sung at the match at Stade Josy Barthel.

He either confirmed it was sung or he has a case for defamation of character.

ArdeeBhoy
15/09/2013, 4:20 PM
Ha ha.

geysir
15/09/2013, 10:16 PM
It is reported that he confirmed it was sung.
He either confirmed it was sung or he has a case for defamation of character.

Its very simple, Bryson denies he confirmed it, and the BT does not carry any quotes where he admits he confirmed it.
I don't know how such journalism defames Bryson, imho it doesn't, at most the BT just has to correct a detail.

Ha ha.
The laugh of a fool.

Charlie Darwin
15/09/2013, 10:21 PM
Do you have a source for Bryson denying it? Not that I disbelieve you, just interested. Severe breach of ethics if so.

ArdeeBhoy
15/09/2013, 10:36 PM
The laugh of a fool.

Ha ha. Except it's the truth. According to the august BT.
Look forward to you being a 'character witness' for the 'noble' Bryson...

DannyInvincible
16/09/2013, 6:56 AM
Do you have a source for Bryson denying it? Not that I disbelieve you, just interested. Severe breach of ethics if so.

Bryson (https://twitter.com/JamieBrysonCPNI) tweeted the following:

I tell BT there was no sectarian songs. They print headline saying there was sectarian songs. Agenda?

BT headline deliberately misleading. Billy Boys never sung at game and in fact I said no contentious songs were sung in the ground.

I did not hear that song sung in stadium no.

He does appear to imply it was sung outside the ground though.

What people do amongst their own community outside the ground is their business. Only songs in ground were supporting team

Yes I said that any songs sung outside the ground were ppls own business. And said I didn't view songs as sectarian

ArdeeBhoy
16/09/2013, 7:35 AM
Hmm, he's hardly the most reliable witness.
A certain person of mutual acquaintance on here, who was there, implied otherwise.

geysir
16/09/2013, 9:14 AM
It's a severe breach of journalistic ethics to stitch up Bryson in that way, if he didn't confirm directly to the journalist that the song was sung at the stadium. It's not as if Bryson would refuse a phone call from a journalist. And it's not as if there's a dearth of real life material to ridicule Bryson with. A journalist should be dammed forever if they were so backward that they had to manufacture mud to throw at Bryson.

But it's not a defamation.

DannyInvincible
16/09/2013, 12:10 PM
I suppose Bryson would have to prove that what he claims to have been a false statement made by the Belfast Telegraph caused harm to him or his reputation in some way. Whether it would be possible for him to prove so, I'm not sure; perhaps not.

The article does state unambiguously that he confirmed the song was sung at the game inside the ground, whilst he claims he confirmed no such thing and implies it might only have been sung outside the ground. What can happen if a breach of journalistic ethics can be proven? Is that a mere moral "obligation" or expectation upon journalists and publishers or is there a legal framework in place to ensure that an ethical code of conduct is adhered to?

Charlie Darwin
16/09/2013, 12:39 PM
It would go to the Press Complaints Commission for arbitrage and the newspaper would likely post a retraction and possibly an apology and that would usually be the end of it. He'd have a hard time proving defamation if he tried.

Gather round
16/09/2013, 1:45 PM
It would go to the Press Complaints Commission for arbitrage and the newspaper would likely post a retraction and possibly an apology and that would usually be the end of it. He'd have a hard time proving defamation if he tried

Difficult to prove defamation (ie damage to reputation) when you're known mainly as a sectarian, rabble-rousing numbskull.

Those of you on OWC can see plenty of detail of off-color songs at the game. I managed a version of Le Moribond/ Seasons in the Sun before following asleep in Cafe Barbarella laters.

BonnieShels
16/09/2013, 2:29 PM
Difficult to prove defamation (ie damage to reputation) when you're known mainly as a sectarian, rabble-rousing numbskull.

Those of you on OWC can see plenty of detail of off-color songs at the game. I managed a version of Le Moribond/ Seasons in the Sun before following asleep in Cafe Barbarella laters.

I always forget about your ABBA fetish.

Not Brazil
16/09/2013, 2:39 PM
He does appear to imply it was sung outside the ground though.

It needs to be borne in mind that the Saviour of The Loyalist People (Jamie) does not believe that "The Billy Boys" is a sectarian ditty...he had that discussion on this Twitter Account once upon a time.

ArdeeBhoy
16/09/2013, 4:03 PM
Ha ha, NB.

Those of you on OWC can see plenty of detail of off-colour songs at the game. I managed a version of Le Moribond/ Seasons in the Sun before following asleep in Cafe Barbarella laters.

Except getting on/in there is more intractable or difficult than getting inside the 'mind' of Jamie Bryson.

I always forget about your ABBA fetish.
Terry Jacks surely?
GR is more of a Creedence CR/Kenny Rogers sort of person...
:eek:

BonnieShels
16/09/2013, 4:06 PM
Ha ha, NB.
Terry Jacks surely?

You be right. It was Westlife's double A-side with " I have a dream" that I was thinking of.

IsMiseSean
16/09/2013, 8:21 PM

Nothing wrong with Creedence!

DannyInvincible
18/09/2013, 10:15 AM
Has someone (of significance) proposed the banning of 'God Save the Queen' being played before NI matches?

Jamie Bryson tweeted this (https://twitter.com/JamieBrysonCPNI/status/379926452495724544) yesterday:

Heinous proposals to ban the National Anthem from NI games. More fruit of the Belfast Agreement tree.

And retweeted the following UKIP statement: http://ukipni.co.uk/wp13/?p=183

UKIP’s Northern Ireland Culture Spokesperson, Brian Higginson says, “For UKIP, banning the national anthem at Northern Ireland football games is a non-starter.

“Those suggesting the national anthem be banned are the very same people who bore us silly about the Good Friday Agreement, reminding us how their prized agreement can’t be ‘cherrypicked’. But they ignore the reality that the very same agreement states that Northern Ireland will remain a part of the UK, so long as the majority of people here wish. The playing of the national anthem at Northern Ireland games is consistent with that agreement and consistent with Northern Ireland’s position within the UK. It’s time these people practiced what they preach.

“Furthermore, looking around us, our health service is broken, our education service is in chaos and there’s an apathetic dependence upon the public sector. All of which shows just how far removed the chattering classes are from the people they claim to represent.”

Gather round
18/09/2013, 10:31 AM
Has someone (of significance) proposed the banning of 'God Save the Queen' being played before NI matches?

Jamie Bryson tweeted this (https://twitter.com/JamieBrysonCPNI/status/379926452495724544) yesterday:

And retweeted the following UKIP statement: http://ukipni.co.uk/wp13/?p=183

A fan, John Carson has started a petition to have a sporting anthem unique to NI played at games.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/northern-ireland-football-team-anthem-change/

Which doesn't involve 'banning' anything.

Squeaky's interest probably increases the chance of a Windsorvision song contest soonest. Never previously heard of the UKIP guy.

co. down green
18/09/2013, 11:21 AM
UKIP’s NI Culture Spokesperson!! - Brian Higginson (http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/ukip/article/2856/ukip-headhunter) :clown:

ArdeeBhoy
18/09/2013, 12:42 PM
Bryson v.Higginson?

Now there's a thought?
;)

And you signed Carson's petition GR??

Gather round
18/09/2013, 1:01 PM
And you signed Carson's petition GR??

Certainly did, top of page four.

ArdeeBhoy
18/09/2013, 1:17 PM
Ha, I like the thought that every signature can be 'flagged', only in the North...

And FWIW be amazed if this works.

Not Brazil
21/09/2013, 9:57 AM
Some hysterical reaction to the petition to use a Northern Ireland specific "sporting" Anthem at our matches - "erosion of our Britishness", "another sop to Republicans", "blame the GFA", "banning GSTQ" etc, etc.

It seems to escape the attention of those gettng irate about such a proposal that the calls for change are fan driven.

The problem is it's an extremely devisive issue amongst our fans - for the time being, maintaining the status quo is the easiest option for the IFA.

ArdeeBhoy
21/09/2013, 1:42 PM
Hmm, know what their fans could do to promote that, but with almost total exception, doubt they would have the sense to do it...

DannyInvincible
27/09/2013, 8:42 PM
Manchester Arndale Centre's Sports Direct in eligibility-related shame!:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1377143_10201973674012676_728322983_n.jpg

The Fly
27/09/2013, 9:03 PM
They've given over large parts of Connacht to the Atlantic as well.