PDA

View Full Version : Eligibility Rules, Okay

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155

ArdeeBhoy
29/01/2013, 2:41 PM
Maybe...
;)

Predator
29/01/2013, 2:42 PM
Sixth most prolific poster in this thread (29/1/13). Must add that to the CV.

peadar1987
29/01/2013, 2:59 PM
A solid 38th (moving up to 36th with this magnificent effort)

BonnieShels
29/01/2013, 3:04 PM
|You can do it Peadar.

It's amazing how many Our Man in Canadia has. 28. All of them coming in to tell us to shut up no doubt.

Now that we've all congratulated each other on our penis size let's get back to the matter at hand.

Re-poaching back McLaughlin.

geysir
29/01/2013, 3:24 PM
I have nothing of quality to add on that issue at this time.

peadar1987
29/01/2013, 5:44 PM
I have nothing of quality to add on that issue at this time.

Although you do have an impressively large penis

geysir
29/01/2013, 6:45 PM
You are of course, referring to my post count on this thread, albeit using a rather crude analogy.

However, unlike some here, I do make an effort to balance quality with quantity, in order to enhance the complete experience for the reader.

Bungle
29/01/2013, 7:54 PM
Was on ybig and a fella has just said that Ryan is a massive roi fan. He questioned whether the fai have really tried to get Ryan to declare and mentions that he has been in the north's system since he was a young lad. I understand how in normal circumstances you would expect him to make the move, but he's very young and I'm sure he has loyalties to the north's coaches. Hopefully, the fai give it a go to chase him up.

co. down green
29/01/2013, 8:12 PM
Michael O'Neill has been pestering Paul George again. Didn't work though.

Gather round
29/01/2013, 8:19 PM
Michael O'Neill has been pestering Paul George again. Didn't work though

Never mind, he wouldn't get a game ahead of John Ringo anyway.

What a player does at club level determines their market value. An international cap for said countries is just recognition of this

As I mentioned, Jonny Evans marking Torres out of the NI-Spain game as a teenage debutant boosted his career in a way that his efforts for Royal Antwerp or ManU reserves likely wouldn't have.

co. down green
29/01/2013, 8:34 PM
Never mind, he wouldn't get a game ahead of John Ringo anyway.

O'Neill should just 'Let it Be' and stop annoying the lad :)

geysir
29/01/2013, 8:47 PM
Puns again?? Let's not go down that long and winding road.

SkStu
29/01/2013, 9:44 PM
|
It's amazing how many Our Man in Canadia has. 28. All of them coming in to tell us to shut up no doubt.

Bit rude. Not sure where this reputation has come from.

If you're interested, here are my posts in this thread. http://foot.ie/search.php?searchid=2537803 I don't think there's much in there that any of you would object to.

BonnieShels
29/01/2013, 10:43 PM
Bit rude. Not sure where this reputation has come from.

If you're interested, here are my posts in this thread. http://foot.ie/search.php?searchid=2537803 I don't think there's much in there that any of you would object to.

Not at all. I was only kidding. :)

And we all know, you're in Saskatchewan. Not Canadia. ;)

ArdeeBhoy
29/01/2013, 10:58 PM
Go to the Ireland forum, then click on the number of posts in the thread - now 4946 - a box will open with a list of posters and post count.
Yes, but that's always been the case. Why is it suddenly of interest now?

Props to NB for coming 'top', though at least half of mine are replies to him!
:rolleyes:

Though maybe he had a hidden agenda for not 'multi-quoting' all these years...
;)

ArdeeBhoy
29/01/2013, 11:02 PM
Jonny Evans marking Torres out of the NI-Spain game as a teenage debutant boosted his career in a way that his efforts for Royal Antwerp or ManU reserves likely wouldn't have.

Yes, one fluke result does make him an EPL PLayer...

Quality over quantity... verbosity over succinctness.

Well DI is the direct opposite of our more, erm, shape-conscious posters then. Good stuff.

SkStu
29/01/2013, 11:38 PM
Not at all. I was only kidding. :)

And we all know, you're in Sakatchewan. Not Canadia. ;)

Saskatchewin!

Ignore me, I've got the painters in.

Edit: sh!t, that's 30 posts now...

BonnieShels
29/01/2013, 11:56 PM
Saskatchewin!

Ignore me, I've got the painters in.

Edit: sh!t, that's 30 posts now...

Can't believe I misspelled a Province. Noooooo.

nigel-harps1954
30/01/2013, 12:11 AM
I've a lot of catching up to do it seems.

Crosby87
30/01/2013, 12:14 AM
Yes the next time you go to prison for a year you should try to at least get internet access once in a while to stay up on things.

nigel-harps1954
30/01/2013, 12:22 AM
Yes the next time you go to prison for a year you should try to at least get internet access once in a while to stay up on things.

I'll try to remember that.

ArdeeBhoy
30/01/2013, 8:13 AM
Sorry to add to my post count, but these two links are highly amusing, to link into the Paranoia issue once again re.Eligibility!

https://twitter.com/AreWeACountry

http://www.universitytimes.ie/2013/01/23/they-took-our-flegs/

DannyInvincible
30/01/2013, 8:39 AM
Michael O'Neill has been pestering Paul George again. Didn't work though.

Had heard that myself, which makes this from above look a bit silly: https://twitter.com/AreWeACountry/status/295333007273885699

Heard that Paul George regrets declaring for the south.

DannyInvincible
30/01/2013, 8:40 AM
http://www.universitytimes.ie/2013/01/23/they-took-our-flegs/

C'mon, AB; let's keep horse-meat out of football!

IsMiseSean
30/01/2013, 1:04 PM
Sorry to add to my post count, but these two links are highly amusing, to link into the Paranoia issue once again re.Eligibility!

https://twitter.com/AreWeACountry

The account has been suspended. I was really enjoying it

IsMiseSean
30/01/2013, 1:07 PM
No wait it's back.

BonnieShels
30/01/2013, 1:32 PM

That Willie Frazer!

DannyInvincible
30/01/2013, 10:23 PM
'Ger asset for Mick': http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/sport/irishfootball/4769322/Ger-asset-for-Mick.html

MICHAEL O’NEILL has confirmed he wants Derry City keeper Ger Doherty to ditch the Republic for Northern Ireland.

Doherty, 31, won youth-level caps for the Boys in Green, but has admitted he would welcome an approach from Norn Iron.

Doherty (right) and O’Neill have spoken and the ex-Shamrock Rovers boss has revealed the Derry keeper is close to a call-up.

O’Neill expects to be a regular at the Brandywell this season as he also keeps tabs on Shane and Patrick McEleney, who recently switched allegiance to the North.

O’Neill said: “I keep a keen eye on the McEleneys as we have to give ourselves as many players to pick from as possible, but there’s a number of players at Derry. Gerard Doherty is another example of that.”

DannyInvincible
30/01/2013, 10:24 PM
'O’Neill keen to keep Derry trio under spotlight': http://www.derryjournal.com/sport/football/derry-city/o-neill-keen-to-keep-derry-trio-under-spotlight-1-4720061

NORTHERN IRELAND manager Michael O’Neill says he is planning to keep a close eye on the progress of Derry City goalkeeper Gerard Doherty as well as Shane and Patrick McEleney as he looks to increase competition at International level.

O’Neill was speaking at the launch of the ‘Football for All’ programme in Derry’s Playhouse this week during which the I.F.A. unveiled plans to set up a North West street league which it hopes will help young players from disadvantaged back grounds come together through football.

The former Shamrock Rovers manager was full of praise for the coaching work being undertaken by Declan Devine and his backroom staff at Brandywell Stadium and said he believes a number of Derry players could come under consideration in the coming months.

“They (Shane and Patrick McEleney) have potential to have a really bright future with us,” explained O’Neill.

“We are hoping to elevate them to a level of the game that can hopefully benefit Derry City and Northern Ireland which I believe is a big part of my job as Northern Ireland manager. I’ve met face-to-face with the McEleney brothers on a couple of occasions and I’m delighted they’ve made the choice to represent Northern Ireland.”

O’Neill, whose name was this week linked to SPL outfit Dundee United after manager Peter Houston indicated he will be stepping down at the end of the season, was present at a number of Derry City matches last season and made at least one an appearance at the Brandywell, a habit he intends to continue throughout the 2013 campaign.

“I keep a keen eye on the McEleneys as we have to give ourselves as many players to pick from as possible but there’s a number of players at Derry (worth considering). Gerard Doherty is another example of that.”

The McEleney brothers decision to pledge their international futures to Northern Ireland reversed the recent trend of Derry men declaring for the Republic of Ireland, a trend that saw O’Neill miss out on players such as Everton duo Darron Gibson and Shane Duffy as well as Sunderland star James McClean. Despite this, O’Neill is reluctant to discuss a ruling over which he has little control at present.

“As the rules stand, the player has a right if he is born in Northern Ireland to play for either Northern Ireland or the Republic. We don’t have the opportunity to change that whether you believe it’s correct or incorrect. It is really irrelevant to me because that’s what the rule is and you have to deal with it.”

The Northern Ireland manager is the ambassador for the ‘Football for All’ relaunch and praised the programme for “bringing football to all areas of the community” adding it can only have a positive influence for everyone in football.

The relaunch at the Playhouse was also attended by Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness who was glowing in his praise of the program.

“It’s a fantastic project and a hugely important job of work,” explained the Deputy First Minister, “I applaud the I.F.A. for the programme and you can be sure of my on-going 100 per cent support.”

Charlie Darwin
30/01/2013, 10:24 PM
Good player but I don't think he'd ever come into the equation for Ireland. All the best to him if he wishes to get some football with OWC.

Sullivinho
30/01/2013, 11:48 PM
The street league sounds like a great initiative. Who knows, it might produce some players for us.

ArdeeBhoy
30/01/2013, 11:54 PM

Doubtless an unholy trinity of a Mr.W.Fraser (and 'friends'), the Ealing Green/fhtb 'wing' of OWB and the Fleg protesters are mobilising to stop this at the first possible opportunity...

ArdeeBhoy
31/01/2013, 12:06 AM
My two favourite tweets to date...

the citizens of places like Waterford and Galway etc are as foreign to us as the people of Warsaw and Ghana.

and

they should pass a law that any kid from NI that declares for an RoI underage team is ineligible for UK benefits in the future.

Both priceless...

Not Brazil
01/02/2013, 6:43 PM
'O’Neill keen to keep Derry trio under spotlight': http://www.derryjournal.com/sport/football/derry-city/o-neill-keen-to-keep-derry-trio-under-spotlight-1-4720061

Changed times when the IFA hold an event in Derry City, with Martin McGuinness taking to the podium to deliver a gracious speech.

He seemed to be getting on very well with Michael O'Neill, judging by the photos I saw earlier.

Predator
01/02/2013, 10:09 PM
Changed times when the IFA hold an event in Derry City, with Martin McGuinness taking to the podium to deliver a gracious speech.
Certainly change times when you're using that name! Capital 'D' an'all! :)

ArdeeBhoy
02/02/2013, 4:15 AM
Aye, fair play to NB. Though my rationale would be that Messrs. McGuinness and O'Neill are of the, erm, same 'tradition'...so why ever not? ;)
(runs...)

ArdeeBhoy
02/02/2013, 4:21 AM
Given I can't post in that thread have attempted to answer GR's latest ramblings here...

Originally Posted by Gather round

Originally Posted by Ole Ole
If someone is a nationalist...yet pulls on the NI jersey, can they really be deemed nationalist?

Originally Posted by geysir
What Ole Ole suggested and what you understand are 2 entirely different things

Aye, sorry about that. I don't have your impressive ability to read others' minds, and so have to respond to what they actually say. Even if it ain't what they meant to say. Is it a skill you learned from reading CB's poems?

Originally Posted by Danny Invincible
Olé Olé may well recognise their Irish identity but might dispute their credentials if they proclaimed themselves to be nationalists.

Nice sidestep.

Would say any nationalist playing for the North selectively dilutes their 'nationalism' as they're really playing for a team they don't strive to recognise.
However representing such a sports team shouldn't necessarily affect one's political aspirations and would say they can be largely detached in this case.
Especially when you consider how poor that side currently is.
Even Ireland look 'good' by comparison...

Our Rotund associate is partly right, but given most of those engaging him would, erm, appear to be of a 'nationalist' leaning, we can also recognise that we/they have more clue about the dilemmas involved over the potential identity issues affecting Irish nationalism.
Say over someone, whose stance is of a rank unionist.

Originally Posted by Danny Invincible
It's clearly a matter of principle rather than cost

Originally Posted by Rather Round
No, it's a publicity stunt. Willie doesn't want his neighbours to become British (which presumably they'd be much more likely to do if it cost £80 rather than £860), as it would lose him some imagined moral high ground.

Last edited by Gather round; 01/02/2013 at 6:44 PM.

Trying to End Hypocrisy?

This appears to be a quite a red herring, even by the standards of this MB.
If he can't prove his 'Britishness', tough. We're happy to have him, even as an OO clown. He should put up and shut up.

DannyInvincible

How so?

And why do you perceive Seamus Heaney to be a bigot exactly?

geysir

A culchie bigot, to be more exact?

Though I doubt he'll admit to here, his sometime oblique references to the likes of Seamus Heaney would be because SH (& his ilk) represent a tradition different and at odds with that of our Rotund Associate*, who feels threatened like many of their 'tradition' by any view or opinion different from their unionist 'norm'.
(And would regard with anything between suspicion and outright hostility dependent on their perceived slight.)
Which having known them* for many years like numerous others, remains steadfastly stuck in the past...
:eek:

ArdeeBhoy
02/02/2013, 3:55 PM
Originally Posted by Ole Ole

That's an incredibly liberal interpretation of what I was trying to say there, Gather Round. Geysir didn't quite read my mind, I think he more managed to apply some sense of logic in his apprehension of what I was saying. Pity you didn't exercise the same approach.

Be fair, Ole. That would never be his 'modus operandi
;)

Not Brazil
02/02/2013, 4:47 PM
Certainly change times when you're using that name! Capital 'D' an'all! :)

I take my lead from the Apprentice Boys when referring to the United Kingdom's City Of Culture this year.

Not Brazil
02/02/2013, 4:48 PM
Though my rationale would be that Messrs. McGuinness and O'Neill are of the, erm, same 'tradition'...so why ever not?

I was unaware that Michael O'Neill is a Republican.

ArdeeBhoy
02/02/2013, 6:02 PM
Who said he was?

gastric
03/02/2013, 10:21 PM
Ryan McLaughlin supposedly out injured again for NI. Could it be that he is unsure of who he wishes to play for? Hopefully he picks us as he would be a great addition to any team.

http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/sport/all-change-for-northern-ireland-3376020.html

Sullivinho
03/02/2013, 11:52 PM
McLaughlin's 'injury' is allegedly to the calf.

The letters in the word 'calf' can quite intuitively be rearranged to form the abbreviation 'FALC', or Fine Arts League of Cupertino. (http://www.falc.org) On their homepage, examine closely if you will, the final letter which appears furthest to the right on each line. They are; l, s, t, e, f, and a. Clearly, an anagram of 'festal'. Festal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festal) is a drug used in the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders.

Do I need to spell it out?

The obvious, inescapable truth is that Ryan finds the prospect of playing for and/or committing to the north hard to stomach.

gastric
04/02/2013, 1:14 AM
McLaughlin's 'injury' is allegedly to the calf.

The letters in the word 'calf' can quite intuitively be rearranged to form the abbreviation 'FALC', or Fine Arts League of Cupertino. (http://www.falc.org) On their homepage, examine closely if you will, the final letter which appears furthest to the right on each line. They are; l, s, t, e, f, and a. Clearly, an anagram of 'festal'. Festal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festal) is a drug used in the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders.

Do I need to spell it out?

The obvious, inescapable truth is that Ryan finds the prospect of playing for and/or committing to the north hard to stomach.

Brilliant! Whatever drugs you take, they certainly continue to make your posts entertaining.

Charlie Darwin
04/02/2013, 7:56 AM
'Ger asset for Mick': http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/sport/irishfootball/4769322/Ger-asset-for-Mick.html
Call-up confirmed: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21313424

And the best of luck to him. I never thought there was much difference between him and Mannus, so his chance of playing the odd game have to be quite reasonable.

ps hands off our boys, etc.

ArdeeBhoy
05/02/2013, 6:13 AM
Brilliant! Whatever drugs you take, they certainly continue to make your posts entertaining.

Kinda ironic;given Sullivinho's point. And your username...

DannyInvincible
06/02/2013, 8:41 AM
Next player to switch; I present to you, our new "goal machine", Sir Daithí Ó hÉalaighthe.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc12/poguemahone85/1360143227030_zpsb07f1e1d.jpg

Well, according to a t-shirt found in a Manchester charity shop...

ArdeeBhoy
06/02/2013, 9:41 AM
The penultimate word in the last post says it all...

DannyInvincible
06/02/2013, 11:15 PM
I see Bruce started for NI in Malta this evening. How's the boycott going, NB?

Gerard Doherty was also on the bench for them. I hadn't realised he'd actually been called up.

Charlie Darwin
06/02/2013, 11:53 PM
I see Bruce started for NI in Malta this evening. How's the boycott going, NB?

Gerard Doherty was also on the bench for them. I hadn't realised he'd actually been called up.
Re: the latest AreWeACountry updates: what did Noel King do now to be labelled "a piece of work"?