PDA

View Full Version : Eligibility Rules, Okay

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155

Predator
26/01/2012, 12:02 PM
I suspect the same. Barry Maguire represented us at under-16 level before going on to represent Holland at under-age level. In spite of this, he's still eligible to play for us as the under-16 game for us would not have been considered an official/competitive fixture. That's not to say I'm sure as to whether or not the games he played for Holland were deemed competitive either. Anyhow, Zahavi's international career to date appears to prove this. He's been able to line out for Israel and the US whilst being officially tied to Portugal.

Weren't there also two England-born players with Irish-sounding names who represented us at under-age level before it later transpired they weren't even eligible to play for us? Names escape me at the minute.The English born lads were James Wallace and Gerard Kinsella, who both played with Everton. Wallace, who scored for our u16s in a game against the Czech Rep. went on to represent England while Kinsella seems to have fallen into obscurity. I'm not sure how far out they are in terms of meeting criteria, but I am almost sure that they do not meet the criteria. Either that or they did and were keen to get some international bonuses :confused:.

http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1964

SolitudeRed
26/01/2012, 10:31 PM
Another article on the eligibility issue this time by Ewan McKenna seems to have incurred the wrath of the OWB loyal...

http://eircomsports.eircom.net/News/Ewan-MacKenna-blog-no-right-under-Windsor-Park-lights.aspx

It was in March 2003 that John Dallat, the SDLP MLA for East Derry, brought up the issue of ‘God Save the Queen’ before Northern Ireland soccer matches. He said that the song was being exploited by bigots and that it was a deterrent for members of the Catholic community that wished to attend games. In two months’ time, it will be nine years since he raised an obvious and pressing issue, a timeframe in which nothing has changed regarding a song those involved in Northern Irish soccer believe is representative of their territory and people. Yet, it is against this background, that new manager Michael O’Neill has expressed his frustration and unhappiness about players declaring for the Republic.
“I have never hidden behind the fact that I think it is wrong,” O’Neill said at his first official press conference, only a minute later to dodge a question that is very much entwined with his grievance. “The situation around the anthem is not something I have given any consideration to,” he added. “That’s a decision for other people; my focus is on building a competitive and fully inclusive international team.” But there, in just a few words, he managed to talk out of both sides of his mouth simultaneously.

Being from Portadown, of course O’Neill understands the exclusion that exists in Northern Ireland soccer circles and exactly why some decent players, that he would have chosen, aren’t available to him. And of course he was always going to play the political game so early into his new job. But therein lies the rub. It’s about time the Irish Football Association and everyone connected with them stopped trying to play that political game and tried to develop something for all, and not just the some who choose to sing the British national anthem with interjections of ‘No Surrender’ in front of a Union Jack.

It has been James McClean’s form with Sunderland that has started this latest debate, as the winger from Derry played under-21 with Northern Ireland but more recently switched allegiances. But who could possibly blame him? Of course his move was about more than just a song but anyone who thinks it was to do with playing with a better team clearly hasn’t experienced life in nationalist estates. Instead his move was helped along because of an unwillingness to adapt and incorporate in Northern Irish soccer. Indeed if anything summed up that rigid stance, it was this misfiring paragraph printed in the Belfast Telegraph.

“The campaign has made Windsor Park – in spite of its name, the history of Linfield as a Protestant-dominated club, the playing of God Save The Queen at internationals and the flag-bedecked Village area – a less-unwelcoming place for Catholics.” And there you have it. For all that the IFA have tried to do in terms of supporters’ associations and rhetoric, they are unwilling to move on the major issues. Instead, they’ve laid down new carpet without bothering to fix the leak in the roof.

Already, nationalists consider themselves to be Irish, not British, and the fact there are two teams on the island is, in terms of basic facts, because of a British presence here. So ask anyone on the Derry estates – where McClean and another Republic recruit Darron Gibson grew up – where they come from and it will become obvious why they have chosen the Republic of Ireland. Remember, these are players who grew up in a different era. Whatever about life away from sport, any nationalist kid who went to Windsor Park in the 1980s or ’90s will have decided there and then where their future’s lay courtesy of UDA flags, ‘The Billy Boys’ and even a refusal on one visit of the Republic of Ireland to play ‘Amhrann na bhFiann’ because it might upset the locals.

But how much have things changed? Of course there have been improvements and campaigns run by the IFA but just last year a game between supporters of the Republic and the North had to be called off because of security fears surrounded the latter group. A leaked email from a Police Service of Northern Ireland officer spoke of the “unfortunate anti-social/sectarian behaviour of a number of our fans at the Scotland game” which had taken place in Dublin last February. But actual incidents aside, there is a mindset amongst many in Northern Irish soccer that is equally troubling and stagnant.

Few seem to see that it is progressive that on an island of duel citizenship, players from Northern Ireland now have a choice. (And remember, this would have worked both ways only for the IFA to turn down an FAI proposal because they saw it purely as a numbers game rather than an acceptance of background and culture.) That members of the IFA want compensation for those who move shows up their draconian side. But nether cent nor penny seems to have dropped because not all that long ago a representative of the Northern Irish supporters’ association went on Ulster radio and talked about players who declare for "the other country" and when called up on his remarks refused to alter his wording.

Some may talk of bigotry in the GAA as a defence but that is a cultural organisation that has never claimed to represent both sides of a community, in the same way that Ulster-Scots events aren’t meant for all. And some may talk about the fact that the likes of McClean played underage with the North but ignore the fact that kids don’t always have a choice, travel is an issue, being recognised by a separate association is very difficult as a youth and there isn’t that same atmosphere of anger and unease at underage games as there is when Windsor Park internationals are in full swing.

All in all, anyone in Northern Irish soccer who has a problem with players declaring for the Republic are making the same mistake as those that have gone before and making sure that another generation of nationalist children will do just the same and make the switch. If those running Northern Irish soccer can’t see why it’s happening, then they are blind to the problem of exclusion that has been created. And therefore, they can never properly address it and the cycle will happen all over again.

ArdeeBhoy
26/01/2012, 11:26 PM
Hmm, seems a fair summary to me...

Sullivinho
27/01/2012, 6:55 PM
IFA have serious fight on their hands to keep young stars. (http://niandthebeautifulgame.weebly.com/1/post/2012/01/ifa-have-serious-fight-on-their-hands-to-keep-young-stars.html)

So in a long way around I ask myself how do the born and bred Irishmen feel about the likes of McLean, Duffy and Kearns making their way into the Irish senior ranks. If I was indeed in their shoes I would be incredibly annoyed and frustrated.

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/4782/89907350.jpg

ArdeeBhoy
27/01/2012, 9:58 PM
Heh, yer man obviously doesn't know how a sizeable proportion of the North's population feel about their national identity...

Or noticed the existence of the GFA, CAS ruling et al.
:rolleyes:

Predator
27/01/2012, 10:04 PM
Your man Sam Gamble is a raving luny, if his tweets are anything to go by.

Charlie Darwin
27/01/2012, 10:23 PM
As a qualified journalist following four years studying Journalism at the University of Stirling
How on earth he earned a degree with ****-poor constructions like this I'll never know.

DannyInvincible
28/01/2012, 3:02 AM
I've frequently dissected pieces on the eligibility issue point-by-point here, but that one's already a train-wreck.

DannyInvincible
29/01/2012, 6:26 PM
Lifted this from OWC:

According to the the Sunday Times today Michael O'Neill phoned Martin ONeill to ask him to have a word with McClean. Martin did so but McClean refused to change his mind.

Quote from Martin O'Neill:

"I spoke to James and he had made up his mind about it. That really would be the end of it......Players have that choice now. I'm not sure on what grounds. They used to say that Jack Charlton picked up players because they had a pint in Dublin but it is a personal choice"

He goes on to say he thinks McClean will have difficuly getting into the RoI side but he is not in a position to be able to dissuade the turd from defecting.

I also tackled Sam Gamble about his piece in Twitter. He wasn't keen on a debate, resorted to insults and blocked me.

BonnieShels
29/01/2012, 6:41 PM
Ah yes... a turd... better than that douche Sammy Clingan...

Predator
29/01/2012, 7:45 PM
The key thing to consider from Martin O'Neill's words in the Sunday Times article is that he recognises that it is not up to him to persuade one way or the other. He respects McClean's choice.

SwanVsDalton
29/01/2012, 7:50 PM
Lolpocalypse at that article. Second line!!

"I will certainly not pretend to know all the ins and outs of the matter."

Clearly his 'Journalism' degree in Stirling didn't include any reference to research...

ArdeeBhoy
29/01/2012, 9:36 PM
I've frequently dissected pieces on the eligibility issue point-by-point here, but that one's already a train-wreck.

One slight problem. You're talking to people who can't read or write, often. And are in total denial of the facts.

Predator
30/01/2012, 8:16 AM
I also tackled Sam Gamble about his piece in Twitter. He wasn't keen on a debate, resorted to insults and blocked me.
http://www.trainingbykeir.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/fingers-in-ears.jpeg

"La La La, still can't hear you!"

dantheman
30/01/2012, 9:24 AM
Lifted this from OWC:

He's a mod on OWC, Lisbellawloyal. He has a fantastic way with words and respect for what will soon be the majority community in the north:

You would think we were going into another country and whispering sweet nothings into young RC lads ears.

Those young arseehs eh?

BTW the terms t*rd, c*nt etc are pretty commonplace on that forum, not just directed at JMcC.
We aren't talking about a particularly sophisticated bunch of people here. The problems with poor education in working class Protestant areas have been well highlighted on other threads/forums etc

ArdeeBhoy
30/01/2012, 10:21 AM
Based on the evidence on here, it's not just 'working class areas'. A certain institution not far from Belfast's Botanic Gardens springs to mind...

geysir
30/01/2012, 3:03 PM
The Statutes as of Sep 2006 (http://web.archive.org/web/20061016153302/http://www.fifa.com/documents/static/regulations/Statutes_09_2005_EN.pdf) were:

Then we had this from Ealing Green (http://foot.ie/threads/69926-NI-Boss-targets-Republics-Kane?p=784907&viewfull=1#post784907) 10 days before TK played for NI U-21's

The Statutes as of 17/10/06 (http://web.archive.org/web/20071127010615/http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/federation/fifa_statutes_0719_en_14479.pdf) when TK made his debut for NI U21, had changed to:

So there is quiet clearly a rule change between the time Kane changed association to the FAI and then played for NI again.

I'll try to track down, when exactly the change was made and if any circulars went out explaining it at the time.

But judging by all that, my reading of it, is that there was a time that a request for a change of association ruled you out for your old association, but that rule appears to have changed, or at least the wording of it, between 06 and 07. But they'd crucially also taken out the 'only once' part of it. Maybe that's the loophole that allowed Zamora, Kane make the changes?

"So there is quiet clearly a rule change between the time Kane changed association to the FAI and then played for NI again."

The rules were not changed according to FIFA, just reworded for better clarity.:)
Offhand, the only rule changes in this time period, were increasing residency from 2 years to 5 years and removing the age limit of 21.
A rule change requires a congress vote. E.g.the statutes that were 'reworded' in June 2008 did not require a congress vote.

Regardless, once a player submits his request to change, he's no longer eligible to play for any association until his request has been processed, and this applied to all those version of the rules of transfer, regardless of how they were worded.

On the rules re requesting a change,

Rules Oct 2003
3 (a) 'Up to his 21st birthday, a player may only once request changing the Association for which he is eligible to play international matches.
A Player may exercise this right to change Associations' … usual list of conditions

After submitting the request, the Player is no longer qualified to play for his current Association’s team.

I think the obvious implication here 'is no longer qualified to play for his current Association’s team' - while the request is in process.
Because obviously, if the request is denied he would again be able to play for his current association.
And obviously he can't play for his new association until the request is granted.

There is one circular, doesn't add much though.
Nov 2003 Circular nr 877 (http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/ps_877_en_89.pdf) 'a player is permitted one change'

Rules 2007
3b. 'A player may exercise this right only once.'
Is the right referred to, the right to change or the right to request a change? I think it is the right to change associations as it is made clearer in nr.5

5. 'Any Player who has the right to change Associations in accordance with par. 3 and 4 above shall submit a written, substantiated request to the FIFA general secretariat. The Players’ Status Committee shall decide on the request. The procedure will be in accordance with the Rules Governing the Procedures of the Players’ Status Committee and the Dispute Resolution Chamber. Once the player has filed his request, he is not eligible to play for any Association team until his request has been processed.'

So here the 'implication' from 2003 is written in to the 2007 version.

Rules 2011 A player ….. may, only once, request to change the Association for which he is eligible to play international matches to the Association of another country of which he holds nationality,
3. Once the Player has filed his request, he is not eligible to play for any representative team until his request has been processed.

This 2011 version comes from June 2008, when the text in all the eligibility rules were altered …again.

In the 3 versions, the difference is basically
2003 - the right to request a change once
2007 - the right to change once
2008 onwards - the right to request a change once.

DannyInvincible
30/01/2012, 3:49 PM
He's a mod on OWC, Lisbellawloyal.

I figured. I left a comment beneath his piece asking him to unblock me on Twitter so we could actually have a proper debate rather than him attempting to mock me and call me names like a juvenile. He's only gone and deleted it. I'm stunned he has the audacity to refer to himself as a journalist.

Charlie Darwin
30/01/2012, 4:07 PM
A good rule of thumb is that if somebody has a journalism degree they're probably not very good at it. Most of the best journalists here and in the UK - with some exceptions - either learned on the job or have a broader education.

Predator
30/01/2012, 4:43 PM
"You would think we were going into another country and whispering sweet nothings into young RC lads ears."

Never mind the "other country" talk, this tells you a lot about perceptions.
As Danny has pointed out, it is perfectly fine when gentle encouragement* comes from Gerry Armstrong, but it is nearly carnal when it comes from someone associated with the FAI, even those are not officially related to the FAI.

*Armstrong has been very vocal with regard to certain players, casting them mercilessly into the public spotlight. Is his encouragement really all that gentle? I very rarely hear of players being named and singled out by the FAI. For all the criticism they receive, the FAI have been excellent throughout this whole saga.

Predator
30/01/2012, 4:45 PM
I figured. I left a comment beneath his piece asking him to unblock me on Twitter so we could actually have a proper debate rather than him attempting to mock me and call me names like a juvenile. He's only gone and deleted it. I'm stunned he has the audacity to refer to himself as a journalist.Don't journalists thrive on attention and debate? You have to wonder at the mindframe of those who censor dissent.

DannyInvincible
30/01/2012, 6:44 PM
"You would think we were going into another country and whispering sweet nothings into young RC lads ears."

Never mind the "other country" talk, this tells you a lot about perceptions.
As Danny has pointed out, it is perfectly fine when gentle encouragement* comes from Gerry Armstrong, but it is nearly carnal when it comes from someone associated with the FAI, even those are not officially related to the FAI.

*Armstrong has been very vocal with regard to certain players, casting them mercilessly into the public spotlight. Is his encouragement really all that gentle? I very rarely hear of players being named and singled out by the FAI. For all the criticism they receive, the FAI have been excellent throughout this whole saga.

Armstrong is very open about speaking to England-born players who are also eligible for the IFA. He recently declared his intention to give Anton Rodgers a phone call. The lad's currently registered with the FAI. I have no problem with it; it's just the hypocrisy and lack of self-awareness on the part of guys like Gamble that's ridiculous.

geysir
30/01/2012, 7:00 PM
Sam claims to be a journalist who writes for the Mid Ulster Mail, an e-paper based in Tyrone.

The Mid Ulster Mail's vision of local sport in Tyrone, does not include even a miniscule mention of GAA.
However, the Mid Ulster Mail does carry accounts of Tyronies who play snooker, tennis, soccer, rugby. boxing and motor sport.

I didn't think there was a sand pit deep enough to stick your head into, in order to report on sport in Tyrone and completely and utterly ignore the existence of the GAA
Therefore I have to conclude that the Mid Ulster Mail, a supposed community news service, is in fact a sinister Klu Klux Klan revivalist rag

Not Brazil
30/01/2012, 10:30 PM
Sam claims to be a journalist who writes for the Mid Ulster Mail, an e-paper based in Tyrone.

The Mid Ulster Mail's vision of local sport in Tyrone, does not include even a miniscule mention of GAA.
However, the Mid Ulster Mail does carry accounts of Tyronies who play snooker, tennis, soccer, rugby. boxing and motor sport.

I didn't think there was a sand pit deep enough to stick your head into, in order to report on sport in Tyrone and completely and utterly ignore the existence of the GAA
Therefore I have to conclude that the Mid Ulster Mail, a supposed community news service, is in fact a sinister Klu Klux Klan revivalist rag

I entered "GAA" into the site's search facility.

The results would suggest you are talking out of your hoop.

Not Brazil
30/01/2012, 10:37 PM
We aren't talking about a particularly sophisticated bunch of people here. The problems with poor education in working class Protestant areas have been well highlighted on other threads/forums etc

I think you've done a great job in articulating your own sectarian prejudices.

Charlie Darwin
30/01/2012, 10:41 PM
I entered "GAA" into the site's search facility.

The results would suggest you are talking out of your hoop.
None of it is sports coverage, I think is the point. A couple of hard news items a month is nothing when you have a full sports section that makes no mention of the county's most popular sports.

Not Brazil
30/01/2012, 10:55 PM
None of it is sports coverage, I think is the point..

There was an interesting result when I input "Sam Gamble " into the site's search facility.:D

DannyInvincible
30/01/2012, 11:08 PM

Sam has taken great umbrage with your description of the Mid Ulster Mail and he'd like me to relay the following message to you:

If you actually knew the paper or Geysir did. We provide two pages to GAA during the off season. Club notes and photos

The McKenna Cup does not attract much media attention and we have had a reduced number of pages.

In the summer when the All Ireland starts then yes the paper will follow Tyrone and Derrys progress. Happy?

I will quite happily stand and photocopy pages of the paper and send to this so called 'geysir'

Why he saw fit to bang on to me about it, I'm not sure. You'll get me in big trouble, geysir!

Charlie Darwin
30/01/2012, 11:16 PM
There was an interesting result when I input "Sam Gamble " into the site's search facility.:D
Turncoat!

ifk101
31/01/2012, 8:54 AM
Interview with Daniel Kearns

http://www.dundalkfc.com/kearns-speaks-of-mccaffreys-republic-influence

Not Brazil
31/01/2012, 9:31 AM
Based on the evidence on here, it's not just 'working class areas'. A certain institution not far from Belfast's Botanic Gardens springs to mind...

Don't be fooled by a name...again.;)

ArdeeBhoy
31/01/2012, 10:31 AM
Nothing to do with any name. That's an irrelevance.

Just evidence I see on here and via other, er, 'distinguished alumni'.
;)

Predator
31/01/2012, 10:40 AM
I don't understand how a journalist who posts something onto the world wide web can be annoyed at the exposure. Is he not aware of how that works?
It seems that he simply cannot take the criticism and so cries blue murder, complaining of how he is being "abused" by the "vile" and bigoted forum users on foot.ie

Instead of debating the issue and having the courage of his convictions, this guy stuck his head in the sand and resorted to ad hominem, branding dissenters "muppets" and "twa ts". Imagine the hypocrisy of then complaining of having his "reputation" tarnished. He is tarnishing his own reputation as a journalist with such childish antics.

geysir
31/01/2012, 12:48 PM
Sam has taken great umbrage with your description of the Mid Ulster Mail and he'd like me to relay the following message to you:

Why he saw fit to bang on to me about it, I'm not sure. You'll get me in big trouble, geysir!

Sam wrote "The McKenna Cup does not attract much media attention and we have had a reduced number of pages"

The McKenna cup final between Tyrone and Fermanagh attracted an attendance of 7,000, which alone is probably greater than the attendance at all the local sports in Tyrone reported on by MUM in all of January.
So the McKenna cup final is not more newsworthy than a 3rd division ladies hockey match or some tennis match attended by 2 girls and a poodle?
Not newsworthy ?? It's not newsworthy to the twisted infested mind of Sam.

Enough about Sam, he's mediocre at best and lives far from a life that includes some coherency.

DannyInvincible
31/01/2012, 1:43 PM
I don't understand how a journalist who posts something onto the world wide web can be annoyed at the exposure. Is he not aware of how that works?
It seems that he simply cannot take the criticism and so cries blue murder, complaining of how he is being "abused" by the "vile" and bigoted forum users on foot.ie

Instead of debating the issue and having the courage of his convictions, this guy stuck his head in the sand and resorted to ad hominem, branding dissenters "muppets" and "twa ts". Imagine the hypocrisy of then complaining of having his "reputation" tarnished. He is tarnishing his own reputation as a journalist with such childish antics.

He's just fudging the debate in typical juvenile fashion; crying foul, mock outrage and claiming not to have enough time for an argument whilst wasting plenty of it moaning to me about something with which I had absolutely nothing to do. This is also whilst he's more than happy to dish abuse out himself on Twitter and OWC. He referred to me as a "tw*t from down south" (http://ourweecountry.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=32409&view=findpost&p=749172), Miss. And worse; misrepresented my argument!

The guy's identity/employer is already in the public domain anyway. I'm puzzled as to what the problem can be for him. He said he was offended by my "direct and forceful" debating manner (https://twitter.com/#!/OWC_Sam/status/164139445996634113)... :confused: Is he having a laugh? How does debate work again? Obviously, time spent on OWC wouldn't prepare anyone well for a thorough argument but I'd have thought a degree in journalism might go some way towards that. I didn't insult the guy once, but he's displayed extreme paranoia, stunning hypocrisy and a depressing siege mentality. A bit rich, that, anyway considering his own militant approach; he spoke of "taking the fight to [us] muppets" (https://twitter.com/#!/OWC_Sam/status/164104562653925376)/"scarring"/"scumming it up" (https://twitter.com/#!/OWC_Sam/status/164111552511877120). I don't know exactly what all that entails but it sounds a lot more aggressive than anything I uttered.

If he is indeed "happy to fight [his] corner and discuss the eligibility issue" he's going about it in quite a contradictory fashion (http://niandthebeautifulgame.weebly.com/1/post/2012/01/break-from-blogging.html). If the debate was so "pointless" why even write about it in the first place? Sam, the enigma...

Anyway, Matt (comment 01/31/2012 02:01) claims that British citizenship is not a prerequisite to representing the IFA (http://niandthebeautifulgame.weebly.com/1/post/2012/01/ifa-have-serious-fight-on-their-hands-to-keep-young-stars.html?). FIFA and CAS have been pretty adamant that it is, yet Matt still maintains that players can play for the IFA by virtue of their Irish nationality, stating: "it has never been mandatory for a player to show evidence of British citizenship only when registering themselves as Northern Irishmen". It was at least mandatory before FIFA permitted the Irish passport exemption so long as the IFA could otherwise certify the eligibility of their players, or their British citizenship in other words. Or am I mistaken?

Indeed, if players were eligible to play for the IFA on account of their Irish nationality, article 6 of the Regulations Governing the Application of the Statutes would apply to Irish nationals, but it doesn't; article 5 does.

Enough about Sam, he's mediocre at best and lives far from a life that includes some coherency.

OK, just had to let off some steam first. :p

Charlie Darwin
31/01/2012, 2:01 PM
Am I reading it right that he's considering reporting foot.ie to the police for hate speech? Bizarre.

Predator
31/01/2012, 2:05 PM
Am I reading it right that he's considering reporting foot.ie to the police for hate speech? Bizarre.
I saw that too. He has allegedly printed out all the "vile abuse" that he thinks that he has received.

The Fly
31/01/2012, 2:46 PM

I saw that too. He has allegedly printed out all the "vile abuse" that he thinks that he has received.

Link please?

DannyInvincible
31/01/2012, 3:04 PM
Link please?

https://twitter.com/#!/OWC_Sam/status/164088085372608513

https://twitter.com/#!/OWC_Sam/status/164089154261622784

Predator
31/01/2012, 3:04 PM
Link please?Danny has linked to his twitter page. If it is public, you can scroll through his tweets.

geysir
31/01/2012, 6:50 PM
Self-flagellation has more appeal.
I'll leave Sam to you Nordies :D

co. down green
31/01/2012, 7:18 PM
Hilarious stuff on Twitter over the last couple of weeks. First of all McAllister (the head of the NI supporters clubs) ran away from Danny and hid his tweets, and now this other fella has done the same. :cry:

My favourite over the last 24 hours is this (https://twitter.com/#!/cruevertonian/status/164088840947122176) :clown:

Sullivinho
31/01/2012, 7:46 PM
If I had to guess which vile diatribe hurt the most I'd say it was probably Charlie's suggestion that yer man is probably not very good at journalism. Twas as cruel as it was speculative.

geysir
31/01/2012, 9:35 PM
"a vile site ... with sectarian hate filled vitriolic hatred"

That's it, we have to get rid of Not Brazil, to raise the tone a bit :D
Sorry NB, but it's like the cold war, tit for tat, expulsions of embassy staff.

The Fly
31/01/2012, 9:40 PM
My favourite over the last 24 hours is this (https://twitter.com/#!/cruevertonian/status/164088840947122176) :clown:

Please excuse my ignorance of twitter, but what is that in reference to?

(I presume it's in regard to this place but I can't view any of the links provided by Danny earlier)

DannyInvincible
31/01/2012, 9:48 PM
Please excuse my ignorance of twitter, but what is that in reference to? (I can't view any of the links provided by Danny earlier)

Sam has since seen fit to lock himself away in his little bubble and has unfortunately made his Twitter profile private. I can no longer view it either.

That response was in relation to Gamble's reaction of mock outrage (a typical diversion/fudge tactic) to geysir's comment about the Mid Ulster Mail. Gamble apparently complained to the Foot.ie moderators about geysir's post, has printed out certain posts he perceives to contain vile abuse and is considering reporting them to the police as hate speech. Gardaí or PSNI, I'm not sure...

Edit just to add: It's all a bit mad.

Charlie Darwin
31/01/2012, 9:50 PM
If I had to guess which vile diatribe hurt the most I'd say it was probably Charlie's suggestion that yer man is probably not very good at journalism. Twas as cruel as it was speculative.
Well, it was cruel (although I didn't expect him to read it). Speculative... no way.

geysir
31/01/2012, 9:53 PM
Don't mention the KKK.

Charlie Darwin
31/01/2012, 9:56 PM
Given the depth of research he's exhibited to date, I wouldn't put it past him to report the father of evolutionary theory to the PSNI.

BonnieShels
01/02/2012, 12:13 AM
I love this thread.