PDA

View Full Version : Stadium Updates (All Clubs)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163

Jerry The Saint
06/02/2007, 1:18 PM
think what you like. just because im invloved with gufc and gaa, you feel treatened some how.

I do feel treatened! Tanks for de treat. :)

Lim till i die
06/02/2007, 1:21 PM

That's how they got Premier

A big bag of treats for everyone around the table ;)

GalwayFrancis
06/02/2007, 2:42 PM

That's how they got Premier

A big bag of treats for everyone around the table

:D :D

galwayhoop
06/02/2007, 3:24 PM
Clearing work will start on Monday 5th March and construction is
due to start, if there is no objectors, in the next 4 weeks.
It will take 3 months to construct, so it should be open by the end
of June along with new seating for the existing stand as well.

cue LTiD pulling out the 09 area phone book and looking under Local Authorities ...... :D :D

Partizan
07/02/2007, 10:41 AM
word over on BTID is that the new 1700 seater stand in the RSC is due to start in early June.

The Man Himself
07/02/2007, 10:49 AM
i notice theres a few galway fans knocking around ever since their shock promotion to the premier league,
where were they all last year:rolleyes:
and the year before
and the year before
and the year before:confused:

Terry
07/02/2007, 10:57 AM
i notice theres a few galway fans knocking around ever since their shock promotion to the premier league,
where were they all last year:rolleyes:
and the year before
and the year before

WHAT?????

Your not a very good WUM !

There was over 70 supporters posting here before our INVITATION to the NEW league !!!!!:rolleyes:

paul_oshea
07/02/2007, 11:10 AM
paudie was that fellla a corkonian? there are some awful backward ignorant cork people on that gaa council. Doing nothing for anything only stirring more sh1te.

paudie
07/02/2007, 12:35 PM
paudie was that fellla a corkonian? there are some awful backward ignorant cork people on that gaa council. Doing nothing for anything only stirring more sh1te.

Not sure. I didn't recognise the name so probably not.

In last Sunday's tribune the same column was used by John Arnold (from Cork) to say the motion to open Croke PArk is being breached because building hasn't started on Lansdowne yet.
He was always very vocal against opening up Croker.

Weren't Cork the only non Ulster county to vote against opening up Croker?

galwayhoop
07/02/2007, 3:58 PM
where were they all last year:rolleyes;
and the year before
and the year before

and where were you all last month :rolleyes:
and a week before that
and a week before that
and the week before :confused:

are you a wexford youths supporter - just joining after your shock invention and installation to the first division

G-Man
07/02/2007, 4:09 PM
and where were you all last month :rolleyes:
and a week before that
and a week before that
and the week before :confused:

are you a wexford youths supporter - just joining after your shock invention and installation to the first division

well seeing as he thinks the team name sounds like a place for juvenile delinquents I wouldnt think he is a WYFC supporter. And there are plenty of Wexford supporters out there who have been knocking around for a while. And hardly a shock invention or installation, idea of a team in Eircom league has been around for a long while too, as has the develoment of the team now entered.

gotaroundbetter
07/02/2007, 6:48 PM
If theres a post or link etc. with the grants listed for the various stadium developments in the league??? Thanks

sniffa
07/02/2007, 9:29 PM
The expected new stand in Station Road will be those used in the Ryder Cup in the K Club. Expect 4 rows max. And also it wont be covered.

GalwayFrancis
08/02/2007, 12:15 AM
The expected new stand in Station Road will be those used in the Ryder Cup in the K Club. Expect 4 rows max. And also it wont be covered.

whats the point of the new stand? just to get a premier licence? waste of money in my eyes, ive been at station road a few times and the stand was never full. I dont see the reason installing a temperary stand that wont be used and i cant see kildare in the premier in the near future.

dont get me wrong it would be great to have every club in the country with a premier licence, but why not save up their money for another year or two and extend the stand ye already have or build a permenant one? may i add that station road is a great little ground, with indoor hall and a bar.

Lim till i die
08/02/2007, 7:56 AM
cue LTiD pulling out the 09 area phone book and looking under Local Authorities ...... :D

Must get the flats around Jackman knocked first ;)

Peadar
17/02/2007, 2:58 PM
The seats have been delivered and preparations are being made to install them. All finishing work will be completed before the stand will be open to the public. This is expected to be early April.
If the funds are available, the builders will move to the St. Anne's end of the ground, to begin roofing it.
Lighting will be installed in all stands and the PA system will be upgraded.
The new lighting will improve safety and enhance the general appearance of the ground.

Sandro
17/02/2007, 3:23 PM
A relevant point here; did anyone see Cagliari's ground the last couple of seasons? Its the ground where we played england in Italia 90. Basically they built two square terraces (seated) behind each goal, temporary if you will, in front of the existing terrace. Didn't look great but would this be a possibility in the likes of the RSC or Morton?

Here's Cagliari "new" stands. Horrible, believe me

Philly
17/02/2007, 6:17 PM
An update on the KCFC stand.

It's coming in April and is being gotten from the K Club! One of those golf platform stands.

BohsFans
17/02/2007, 8:41 PM
An update on the KCFC stand.

It's coming in April and is being gotten from the K Club! One of those golf platform stands.

was down at Station Rd today, they seem to have diggers clearing out behind the dugouts alright.

don ramo
17/02/2007, 11:41 PM
http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbums.jsp?MemberId=2944695234

her is an update on the progress of coleman park in cobh wil be done in a week our two will be 900 seater stand with media box

www.cobhramblers.com

here is the top stand that was already there with new seats installed 500 seater now

new floodligts installed too

planning permission granted for anther stand on opposite side of the ground just need the grant for it, should be an 1100 seater and the final stand at the clubhouse end will be a 2500 seater
total capactiy when/if completed will be 5000 :ball: :ball: :ball:

BohsFans
18/02/2007, 12:26 AM
http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbums.jsp?MemberId=2944695234

her is an update on the progress of coleman park in cobh wil be done in a week our two will be 900 seater stand with media box

www.cobhramblers.com

here is the top stand that was already there with new seats installed 500 seater now

new floodligts installed too

planning permission granted for anther stand on opposite side of the ground just need the grant for it, should be an 1100 seater and the final stand at the clubhouse end will be a 2500 seater
total capactiy when/if completed will be 5000 :ball: :ball: :ball:

Why not leave one end terraced?

pete
18/02/2007, 9:20 AM
Why not leave one end terraced?

Cobh will never need 5000 capacity let alone 5000 seats.

don ramo
18/02/2007, 10:43 AM
ya but if we dont have a ground to uefa standards, in a few years you will not get promoted if you dont have one, it for the future of the club for when we get promoted.

its like in scotland you are not allowed into the top flight unless you have a 10,000 seater ground that is why everyone is upgrading there ground if you dont have the facilities you will not be allowed play in the top flight of the eircom leauge.

whats the point of donig three stand swill bohs have only three stand when they move to there new ground (i dont thnk so its a 10,000 seater with three stands:confused: ) and if city had three sides to the gorund and a terrace (the shed) why did they replace it:confused: because they want there ground to be up to uefa standards for the future,

the laws will be changed in this country to conform to uefa standards like scotland england spain etc, no ground up to standard, no promotion.

pete
18/02/2007, 12:23 PM
ya but if we dont have a ground to uefa standards, in a few years you will not get promoted if you dont have one, it for the future of the club for when we get promoted.

AFAIK ye already have a Premier licence. If by some bizarre means you qualify for Europe can alwasy move the game to the cross. If CCFC had an alternative for European games we'd probably move out games there...

don ramo
18/02/2007, 12:30 PM
AFAIK ye already have a Premier licence. If by some bizarre means you qualify for Europe can alwasy move the game to the cross. If CCFC had an alternative for European games we'd probably move out games there...

its not europe didnt you read the post we would never be able to quailifyfor europe in a few years cause we wont be allowed into the top division cause our ground wont be up to standard for the premier division, well develop our ground ourselfs thanks anyway:ball: , were not city we wont rent a ground for no reason.:D

pete
18/02/2007, 12:48 PM
its not europe didnt you read the post we would never be able to quailifyfor europe in a few years cause we wont be allowed into the top division cause our ground wont be up to standard for the premier division, well develop our ground ourselfs thanks anyway:ball: , were not city we wont rent a ground for no reason.:D

You got a Premier licence this year? Yes or No?

:confused:

don ramo
18/02/2007, 12:57 PM
yes but thats now, its moving forward every year in two years we wont get a license, the leauge is moving forward and we must move with our get left behind, we've no intention of our club staying in the first division forever.

sure ye got a premier license the last two years so why did ye replace the shed

BohsFans
18/02/2007, 3:14 PM

its like in scotland you are not allowed into the top flight unless you have a 10,000 seater ground that is why everyone is upgrading there ground if you dont have the facilities you will not be allowed play in the top flight of the eircom leauge.

whats the point of donig three stand swill bohs have only three stand when they move to there new ground (i dont thnk so its a 10,000 seater with three stands: ) and if city had three sides to the gorund and a terrace (the shed) why did they replace it:confused: because they want there ground to be up to uefa standards for the future,

the laws will be changed in this country to conform to uefa standards like scotland england spain etc, no ground up to standard, no promotion.

I think we will have a terrace in our new ground actually!

If for some bizarre reason Cobh ever get into Europe (:D ) just close off the terraced end and if you need a bigger ground, ask the Munster FA for Turners Cross!

There is no stipulation that you need an all seater ground to play in the top flight in Ireland.

Foreign example...Germany.

There's no need for all seater grounds if your not playing in the UEFA Cup or CL and if you are, do as the Germans do.

Simple as :p

BohsFans
18/02/2007, 3:16 PM

eh...source? :confused:

DmanDmythDledge
18/02/2007, 4:16 PM
eh...source? :confused:
It's definetly happening alright. The manual is on the UEFA website.

don ramo
18/02/2007, 5:01 PM
sample is 4 years ago you didnt need a licence, now thats a uefa standard, the leauge will only move forward with better facilities, do you want a double standard the premier teams have all seater while the first are ony allowed two stands max, we dont all have E60 million grounds to sell, we get it through grants that we are more than entitled to, (not being smart) bohs invested wisely when they got there ground and got lucky it eventually ended up in the middle of dublin great for ye, but i highly doubt ye will build a 10,000 seater ground with a terrace at one end in this day and age.

when bohs move to there new ground it will be, our should be the best ground in the country that hosts leauge football:ball:

Philly
18/02/2007, 6:39 PM
whats the point of the new stand? just to get a premier licence? waste of money in my eyes, ive been at station road a few times and the stand was never full. I dont see the reason installing a temperary stand that wont be used and i cant see kildare in the premier in the near future.

dont get me wrong it would be great to have every club in the country with a premier licence, but why not save up their money for another year or two and extend the stand ye already have or build a permenant one? may i add that station road is a great little ground, with indoor hall and a bar.

The current stand is unextendable. Perhaps that is why we don't extend it?

We are getting two 350 seater stands for a very, very reasonable rate.

We would have been idots not to accept them if you ask me.

There are plans to build an excellent permanent stand but so far neither NTFC nor KCFC have gotten enough in grants to build it.

We want a Premier license, and are willing to pay a "pittance" to get our seating up to scratch, I don't see the problem.

Also, the electricals throughout the ground will be totally upgraded this season. Not a big deal but a sign the club is investing in the ground and not pouring all its cash into a grossly overpaid squad like other clubs.

BohsFans
19/02/2007, 3:25 PM
sample is 4 years ago you didnt need a licence, now thats a uefa standard, the leauge will only move forward with better facilities, do you want a double standard the premier teams have all seater while the first are ony allowed two stands max, we dont all have E60 million grounds to sell, we get it through grants that we are more than entitled to, (not being smart) bohs invested wisely when they got there ground and got lucky it eventually ended up in the middle of dublin great for ye, but i highly doubt ye will build a 10,000 seater ground with a terrace at one end in this day and age.

when bohs move to there new ground it will be, our should be the best ground in the country that hosts leauge football

Sample:confused: :rolleyes:

Please explain re: "a double standard", because a far as I can see, it is the Dublin clubs (bar the scum) who are being negatively discriminated against by not giving them a cent of grant money!

Also, why do you think you know more/better than me re: our new ground?:eek:

Pablo
19/02/2007, 3:57 PM
Turners Cross Latest:

http://www.ccfcforum.com/forum/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=2110]

BohsFans
19/02/2007, 4:01 PM
Turners Cross Latest:

can you post the pic url's, my ban isn't up on the nazi board til April 2010!

GalwayFrancis
20/02/2007, 11:33 PM
Turners Cross Latest:

looks good, when do they hope to have the seats open for matches, march 9th? whats the yellow building in that picture?

Paddyfield
21/02/2007, 5:18 AM
Turners Cross Latest:

I'm not a member of the forum and I'm not in the habit of joining other Club's forums so I can't view the photo. :mad:

don ramo
21/02/2007, 7:39 AM
Sample:confused: :rolleyes:

Please explain re: "a double standard", because a far as I can see, it is the Dublin clubs (bar the scum) who are being negatively discriminated against by not giving them a cent of grant money!

Also, why do you think you know more/better than me re: our new ground?:eek:

well they should get there tax clearance cert and get there grant that is what you need to get grants (and a lot of patience), there a fair few million avalible and the likes of athlone and longford wont get much see at there grounds are relatively new, and more money was given recently,

and your ground is national news and worldwide for us people who have the internet and no moron is going to spend E10 million on a three stand 10,000 seater ground, especially when its and all seater ground

Peadar
21/02/2007, 8:27 AM
looks good, when do they hope to have the seats open for matches, march 9th? whats the yellow building in that picture?

The yellow building is the Horse Shoe Inn.
The seats should be in by the start of the season but the MFA have said that they wont allow the stand to be used until all work is completed. This is expected to be the start of April.

Edit* I've posted that picture here (http://farm1.static.flickr.com/161/397478068_0a3b956982_b.jpg), for those without access to the City Forum.

Poor Student
21/02/2007, 10:03 AM

UCD have been awarded €1.5m of grant money.

BohsFans
21/02/2007, 7:42 PM
UCD have been awarded €1.5m of grant money.

yeah because the rugby team play there and you know that! :rolleyes:

BohsFans
21/02/2007, 7:47 PM
well they should get there tax clearance cert and get there grant that is what you need to get grants (and a lot of patience), there a fair few million avalible and the likes of athlone and longford wont get much see at there grounds are relatively new, and more money was given recently

The minister for sport wrote to certain clubs; Bohs, Shels and Pat's I think and told us that we were not eligible for grant money FULL STOP so I don't know where you're going with this tax clearance cert thing?

BohsFans
21/02/2007, 7:49 PM
The seats should be in by the start of the season but the MFA have said that they wont allow the stand to be used until all work is completed. This is expected to be the start of April.

Edit* I've posted that picture here (http://farm1.static.flickr.com/161/397478068_0a3b956982_b.jpg), for those without access to the City Forum.

Is that a camera position on top of the stand? If so, good thinking by the MFA!

BohsFans
21/02/2007, 7:53 PM
and your ground is national news and worldwide for us people who have the internet and no moron is going to spend E10 million on a three stand 10,000 seater ground, especially when its and all seater ground

I haven't told you any of the ground plans yet you already seem to know it's only gonna have 3 stands and 10,000 seats.
Just leave it at that, your way out of league don! :rolleyes:

HulaHoop
21/02/2007, 8:01 PM

Is the back of the stand going to be filled in? The wind will blow right through it if not.

Frankfurt Hoop
21/02/2007, 8:12 PM
The minister for sport wrote to certain clubs; Bohs, Shels and Pat's I think and told us that we were not eligible for grant money FULL STOP so I don't know where you're going with this tax clearance cert thing?

As all three clubs' grounds are de facto owned by property speculators, none of whom have an interest in their long term development as sporting facilities, the Government would be mental to provide funds. Surely even someone who thinks that Bohemians are a big club would be able to figure that one out.

BohsFans
21/02/2007, 8:19 PM
As all three clubs' grounds are de facto owned by property speculators, none of whom have an interest in their long term development as sporting facilities, the Government would be mental to provide funds. Surely even someone who thinks that Bohemians are a big club would be able to figure that one out.

:rolleyes:

Another ignorant reply! The minister wrote to the clubs roughly 2/3 YEARS ago. Well before us or shels or Pats thought about moving out of our homes.

:rolleyes:

The Man Himself
21/02/2007, 8:30 PM
I'm not a member of the forum and I'm not in the habit of joining other Club's forums so I can't view the photo. :mad:

same here:rolleyes:

anychance of giving us another pic of your new stand as i dont want to join a cork website just to see one photo

BohsFans
21/02/2007, 8:39 PM
same here:rolleyes:

anychance of giving us another pic of your new stand as i dont want to join a cork website just to see one photo

click where it says 'here' on this post http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=627654&postcount=249

Schumi
21/02/2007, 8:52 PM
yeah because the rugby team play there and you know that! :rolleyes:Completely untrue. The rugby team have been playing there for years with no talk of the ground being developed. The Bowl's development is solely down to us moving there because it wouldn't meet UEFA licencing as it stands. It's perfectly adequate for AIL rugby games so there'd be no need for development for the rugby team.