PDA

View Full Version : Cork City denied a licence; club to be wound up; FORAS to enter First Division

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76

gotaroundbetter
15/02/2010, 3:50 PM
Anybody hear Cork given till Wednesday by licensing committee??

Jofspring
15/02/2010, 3:52 PM
I want Cork City to be rerfused a licence. Let FORAS Cork, Cobh and any other interested parties battle to take the final place in the First Division - I don't it should go to FORAS just because they are looking to replace Cork (and no offence to City fans) but surely other teams like Cobh and Tralee have every right to be considered for the First Division?

Agree with this. No totally new club should be allowed jump the que ahead of anyone else. If Cobh do get a First Division licence then they have as much a right as any new club to apply for the free spot in the First Division.

tippex
15/02/2010, 3:54 PM
Agree with this. No totally new club should be allowed jump the que ahead of anyone else. If Cobh do get a First Division licence then they have as much a right as any new club to apply for the free spot in the First Division.
The FAI have already set a precedent by allowing Derry into the first.

total hoofball
15/02/2010, 3:54 PM
I was going to say 'this is beyond a joke' but we've been past that stage at least 5 times with FAI and their favourite club so I can't come up with a phrase that does today's latest farce any justice

If only there was IMF for football they would have be long in here cleaning the sh!t out of Abbotstown, the Football Association of Ireland are bankrupt on credibilty, integrity and Delaney's own favourite phrase 'fair play'. The FAI are the Fianna Fáil of sport.

I for one will be boycotting games not involving my club and televised games this season until someone with integrity and 'fair play' are running the LOI.

GuisaSaigon
15/02/2010, 3:55 PM
I want Cork City in it's present guise to be refused a licence for any division. Let FORAS into the A League. THe FAI Need to look at the amount of clubs allowed in the league, we cant keep losing clubs and replacing them with junior clubs from housing estates. League needs to be trimmed down. The FAI have to ensure that Knob Jockeys like TNB are let nowhere near the league. I also want to see Roddy back on the dole!

weecountyman
15/02/2010, 3:58 PM
Maybe this should be under a different thread heading - but maybe, just maybe, the FAI should take this gift from Rod, sorry, god, and totally revamp the leagues. Make a 16 team top flight and ditto 1st division. In one stroke you'd satisfy clubs who want to be in the 1st and premier, and more importantly give teams 30 matches in a competitive season. I don't know what to do with the FORAS application (should Tom and co fail), but at least they can go into a 1st division that will have a bit of bite and Cobh can also gain a slot. Derry, for fairness sake, also start in the 1st and have a 3 up and down.

Jofspring
15/02/2010, 3:59 PM
The FAI have already set a precedent by allowing Derry into the first.

Are they definately allowing Derry in though? Trying to catch up on the news around so have posted a similar question in the Derry City thread.

Captain2007
15/02/2010, 4:00 PM
Anybody hear Cork given till Wednesday by licensing committee??

Now that would be hilarious, sure give them until 5th March at least Bray would get 2 days to prepare for premier league football,what must Bray be going through at this moment,I know their budget want change, but they will have played all their friendlies against premier opposition in anticipation for 1st Div ...........

tippex
15/02/2010, 4:02 PM
I know what I'm going through I can't imagin what Jack and the lads are going through....

kid creole
15/02/2010, 4:02 PM
Bray on principle should refuse the place and same with any other club offered it .

blackholesun
15/02/2010, 4:04 PM
Maybe this should be under a different thread heading - but maybe, just maybe, the FAI should take this gift from Rod, sorry, god, and totally revamp the leagues. Make a 16 team top flight and ditto 1st division. In one stroke you'd satisfy clubs who want to be in the 1st and premier, and more importantly give teams 30 matches in a competitive season. I don't know what to do with the FORAS application (should Tom and co fail), but at least they can go into a 1st division that will have a bit of bite and Cobh can also gain a slot. Derry, for fairness sake, also start in the 1st and have a 3 up and down.

Personally agree with all that, ten team league is boring ...

bhs

GUFCghost
15/02/2010, 4:04 PM
Are Cork part-time of full?

Scrufil
15/02/2010, 4:08 PM
Legally the FAI cannot pay Tom the 'Long' Money. He is banned under their own rules from all football related matters.

Fr Damo what has Athlone Town got to do with the muddle Cork are in? Why stop paying due to people who are in their own little 'Republic'?

eamo1
15/02/2010, 4:11 PM
I have a season ticket renewal form on my desk.Was waiting to see what happened today before i filled it in.Im with "kid creole" on this and jacking it in tomorrow if i dont see a list of what licence EVERY club has been given and dont see a FULL fixture list either.I wont be pulling up my barstool but i wont be in Terryland this season unlike the previous 13 season's.

Jofspring
15/02/2010, 4:13 PM
I have a season ticket renewal form on my desk.Was waiting to see what happened today before i filled it in.Im with "kid creole" on this and jacking it in tomorrow if i dont see a list of what licence EVERY club has been given and dont see a FULL fixture list either.I wont be pulling up my barstool but i wont be in Terryland this season unlike the previous 13 season's.

The clubs should be using comments like these to show the FAI that it is going to affect every club hugely if people start packing it in due to frustration with the running of the league and licensing. A wrong decision by the FAI is going to send the league so far backwards.

Doomofman
15/02/2010, 4:15 PM
I wonder if we'll even get an FAI statement on the matter tonight

Longfordian
15/02/2010, 4:16 PM
Legally the FAI cannot pay Tom the 'Long' Money. He is banned under their own rules from all football related matters.

Fr Damo what has Athlone Town got to do with the muddle Cork are in? Why stop paying due to people who are in their own little 'Republic'?

They have to pay it into the bank account of Cork City. Tom owns Cork City and is presumably a signatory on the account. Not much the FAI can do about it once the court orders them to pay it.

Doomofman
15/02/2010, 4:16 PM
So say Cork got refused a license tonight... Could TNB just take that money and run?

pineapple stu
15/02/2010, 4:17 PM
They're not going to. They're going to (have to, in fact) pay CCIFL the money.

Tom can't take that money and run without having to pay tax on it as earnings. And even then, he'd get sued for giving himself a bonus when there were large creditors in the company.

Longfordian
15/02/2010, 4:18 PM
So say Cork got refused a license tonight... Could TNB just take that money and run?

If he wanted to take his chances with the fraud squad he could try it.

tippex
15/02/2010, 4:19 PM

I would imagine so.....

Magicme
15/02/2010, 4:22 PM
I think our fans were well ahead of the posse and started this protest in 2001.

Martinho II
15/02/2010, 4:26 PM
I think our fans were well ahead of the posse and started this protest in 2001.

dont get you at all??:confused:

Magicme
15/02/2010, 4:28 PM
dont get you at all??:confused:

not coming to games or buying season tickets like some of the lads are thinking of doing due to disillusionment.

culloty82
15/02/2010, 4:28 PM
So no licences have been announced for the rest of the league yet? Agree it's gone beyond a joke at this stage - time to kick Cork out at this stage and let the other clubs get on with fixtures.

HammerNThongs
15/02/2010, 4:31 PM

Neither...we're slavery!

OneForTheFuture
15/02/2010, 4:32 PM
not coming to games or buying season tickets like some of the lads are thinking of doing due to disillusionment.

T'Was funny until you had to explain yourself.......

Magicme
15/02/2010, 4:33 PM
T'Was funny until you had to explain yourself.......

I know. Well was asked to so being the nice obliging lady I am, I did.

tippex
15/02/2010, 4:36 PM
God this has been one god-damn awful day.

Doomofman
God this has been one god-damn awful day.

And it aint over yet...

DmanDmythDledge
The clubs should be using comments like these to show the FAI that it is going to affect every club hugely if people start packing it in due to frustration with the running of the league and licensing. A wrong decision by the FAI is going to send the league so far backwards.
I think it's more of a case of people being complete idiots.

tippex
15/02/2010, 4:37 PM
And it aint over yet...

I know and I don't think I've been off this thread most of the day....

Doomofman
15/02/2010, 4:38 PM
This thread must have more followers than Cork at this stage

Martinho II
15/02/2010, 4:38 PM

grand Im on go slow today so dont mind me at all..;)

tippex
15/02/2010, 4:39 PM
maybe they are trying to give cork the news first but TNB phone has been cut off for none payment

danthesaint
15/02/2010, 4:42 PM
would like to see

fran gavin/john delaney resign
cork relegated
the licensing sh1te sorted out
fixtures released

DmanDmythDledge
15/02/2010, 4:46 PM
would like to see

fran gavin/john delaney resign
Why?

danthesaint
15/02/2010, 4:50 PM
not having the ballox to stand up to cork and other teams............... if the FAI give the clubs an inch, they will take a mile
for not given a fook about the league

kid creole
15/02/2010, 4:51 PM
Fran is the head of the league and should have to be accountable to the mess he presides over , he hasnt made a decision since he signed on and therefore should go , im sure others can elaborate more.

LukeO
15/02/2010, 4:51 PM

****ing amateurs.

DmanDmythDledge
15/02/2010, 5:04 PM
not having the ballox to stand up to cork and other teams............... if the FAI give the clubs an inch, they will take a mile
for not given a fook about the league
You think the FAI hasn't stood up to Cork in this situation?

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2009/1221/fai_corkcity.html

http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=100648:fai-statement-on-tom-coughlan&catid=19:league-of-ireland&Itemid=316

No official announcement has been yet on the issuing of a license to Cork City so I don't know how you could possibly comment on that.

No need to throw the toys out of your pram.

Dodge
15/02/2010, 5:08 PM
No need to throw the toys out of your pram.

The whole thread (bar maybe 10 posts) is like that. People getting their knickers in a twist over every single rumour. The FAI are blamed for the court adjourning at least 5 times ffs

Licences are also announced in the evenings. Might even be tonight.

centre mid
15/02/2010, 5:11 PM
It will be some craic if there is a complete left-field decision, Sligo or St Pats denied a prem licence with Cork getting one.

danthesaint
15/02/2010, 5:13 PM
You think the FAI hasn't stood up to Cork in this situation?

eh no........... this is dragging on months.............. cork players havent been paid....... they cant even afford to pay their busfare to dublin, if that isnt an embarrassment to the league i dont know what is.

why should ever other club have to wait for them to sort their sh1t out??

DmanDmythDledge
15/02/2010, 5:19 PM
eh no........... this is dragging on months.............. cork players havent been paid....... they cant even afford to pay their busfare to dublin, if that isnt an embarrassment to the league i dont know what is.

why should ever other club have to wait for them to sort their sh1t out??
How are those things the FAI's fault?

Clubs have to wait how long extra? Only a couple of hours at this stage and the latest rumour, which you seem to be basing a lot of your opinions on, is that they will be released tonight. I'm sure they will get over a wait of a few hours. The final licensing deadline is today, what's the problem with the licenses aren't officially announced until today?

Nevertheless, clubs have been told themselves whether their license applications have been successful or not in advance. The only club that could be in any way inconvenienced is Bray but presumably they have been told that they have been awarded a Premier Division license. Given that it's been said on here that their budget will be the same whatever division their in people are overreacting as to how much this "delay" is effecting them.

kid creole
15/02/2010, 5:22 PM
I think it's more of a case of people being complete idiots. Which people would you be talking about ? Me a loyal loi fan for most of my 26 years on the planet ? A club Volunteer for over ten ? After going through our own troubles and having to put up with disaster after disaster , league medals not awarded , shels fiasco , derry fiasco , cork fiasco , kilkenny , kildare , drogheda ........................... Do I need to go on? Yes based on a quick reflection I am an idiot . But nothing compared to the idiots who are charged with running this league , Gavin being the biggest prize turkey of the lot .

CSFShels
15/02/2010, 5:23 PM
How are those things the FAI's fault?

Clubs have to wait how long extra? Only a couple of hours at this stage and the latest rumour, which you seem to be basing a lot of your opinions on, is that they will be released tonight. I'm sure they will get over a wait of a few hours. The final licensing deadline is today, what's the problem with the licenses aren't officially announced until today?

Nevertheless, clubs have been told themselves whether their license applications have been successful or not in advance. The only club that could be in any way inconvenienced is Bray but presumably they have been told that they have been awarded a Premier Division license. Given that it's been said on here that their budget will be the same whatever division their in people are overreacting as to how much this "delay" is effecting them.
It is a matter of fairness really. Nothing should be extended by a single minute for anyone, if Cork didn't have their house in order by today, which they blatantly didn't, and we know they didn't, that should be it. The FAI are doing everything possible to avoid doing the fair thing, and have done so many times int he past.

DmanDmythDledge
15/02/2010, 5:24 PM
It is a matter of fairness really. Nothing should be extended by a single minute for anyone, if Cork didn't have their house in order by today, which they blatantly didn't, and we know they didn't, that should be it. The FAI are doing everything possible to avoid doing the fair thing, and have done so many times int he past.
Where have they announced that the deadline has been extended beyond today? Jumping the gun and ranting about something that might not happen is completely premature.

CSFShels
15/02/2010, 5:25 PM
Its 6:30 pm. I can't remember the licence announcements being completely unannounced by now ever, thats an unofficial extension in itself. Are we going to wait the whole day until Cork decide if they can sort their finances out?

Doomofman
15/02/2010, 5:26 PM
Its 6:30 pm. I can't remember the licence announcements being completely unannounced by now ever, thats an unofficial extension in itself. Are we going to wait the whole day until Cork decide if they can sort their finances out?

I think they weren't announced til the following day last season... I remember seeing our license announcement during the morning last year