PDA

View Full Version : Cork City denied a licence; club to be wound up; FORAS to enter First Division

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76

Schumi
29/09/2009, 7:19 PM
protest went very well, while it's a tiny crowd, more people stayed outside than went in.

Extratime reckons 200 were there for kick off. What's the full crowd?

tiktok
29/09/2009, 7:22 PM
Extratime reckons 200 were there for kick off. What's the full crowd?

Official attendance is 1,377.
That's a far better result than I initially thought, we heard around 500 had gone through the turnstile before the protest crowd.

Schumi
29/09/2009, 7:26 PM
I'd take their crowd estimates with a large pinch of salt but it's probably not more than 100% or so off the correct figure.

Buile Shuibhne
29/09/2009, 7:56 PM
Official attendance is 1,377.
That's a far better result than I initially thought, we heard around 500 had gone through the turnstile before the protest crowd.

I remember a few weeks back, TNB put out an appeal target, asking for 5,000 at your remaining home games which would be needed to keep the club afloat (or something along those lines?)

Just curious if anyone has kept tabs on the actual attendances as against the targets?

Would be interesting to see a running table on that?

Cosmo
29/09/2009, 8:53 PM
Also quite a few ex-players were quite public in standing alongside the protestors.

Good to hear - who are the ex players youre talking about?

micls
29/09/2009, 8:58 PM
Good to hear - who are the ex players youre talking about?
They stayed on the other side of the road rather than standing with the protest itself so I dont know if they want it too public but they didnt go into the game until after the protest.

There were 3 Legends that I saw anyway

James
30/09/2009, 8:05 AM
yeah i was talking to 2 of them while handing out flyers
both in favour of the 10 min protest

Martinho II
30/09/2009, 9:56 AM
[QUOTE=micls;1241261]They stayed on the other side of the road rather than standing with the protest itself so I dont know if they want it too public but they didnt go into the game until after the protest.

After his speech on Mns I would safely hazard a guess that Dave Barry was one of them!

micls
30/09/2009, 9:58 AM
[QUOTE=micls;1241261]They stayed on the other side of the road rather than standing with the protest itself so I dont know if they want it too public but they didnt go into the game until after the protest.

After his speech on Mns I would safely hazard a guess that Dave Barry was one of them!

I actually didn't see Dave there last night.

tiktok
30/09/2009, 9:59 AM
I actually didn't see Dave there last night.

don't get drawn into revealing by the process of elimination ;-)

Martinho II
30/09/2009, 10:02 AM
don't get drawn into revealing by the process of elimination ;-)

damn ye! I was trying to suss who the ex players were!!:D

pineapple stu
30/09/2009, 10:19 AM
Pfft. Former players.

What would have been impressive is if any of the current players had joined in.

John83
30/09/2009, 11:46 AM
Pfft. Former players.

Piffle. What would have been really impressive would have been getting opposition players involved.

passerrby
30/09/2009, 12:40 PM
reading toms comments after the busgate incident that they were concentrating on getting to europe next season, does anybody thing there is the remotest chance of cork being in europe next season ..unless there going to lourdes or that tax free haven

PartySaint
30/09/2009, 1:00 PM
Pfft. Former players.

Piffle. What would have been really impressive would have been getting opposition players involved.

Pfft, What would have been really really impressive would have been if Tom Coughlan have of protested against himself

micls
30/09/2009, 1:23 PM
Question: Was Dan Murray actually on the local radio appealing to the people of cork for donations, as in the man himself, i know the good people of FORAS were.

Yes.

And no one from FORAS was, it was just the players and the radio staff

Mr A
30/09/2009, 3:40 PM
Pfft, What would have been really really impressive would have been if Tom Coughlan have of protested against himself

Horse testicles. What would really, really, really have been impressive would be if TC not only joined in the protest, but doused himself in petrol and torched himself while tap dancing and singing the Korean National anthem.

John83
30/09/2009, 3:41 PM
Horse testicles. What would really, really, really have been impressive would be if TC not only joined in the protest, but doused himself in petrol and torched himself while tap dancing and singing the Korean National anthem.
Backwards.

brianw82
30/09/2009, 3:42 PM

If he was Joe Higgins, maybe....

Mr A
30/09/2009, 3:42 PM
Backwards.

Goes without saying.

pineapple stu
30/09/2009, 3:46 PM
Right.

I had to get up in t'morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went t'bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah.

Sorry, wrong thread...

razor
30/09/2009, 3:50 PM
I had to get up in t'morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went t'bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah.Thats nothing try being a Cork City fan

passerrby
30/09/2009, 4:47 PM
Right.

I had to get up in t'morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went t'bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah.

Sorry, wrong thread...

you lucky lucky bastrrd what i would not give..........

Sheridan
30/09/2009, 5:21 PM
You must be kidding, bellavistaman. You object to his soliciting funds so he can travel and place his fitness and livelihood on the line by playing a game he probably won't be paid for (on behalf of an employer who's dicked him around wholesale), basically for the benefit of the fans and the community?

Hairy Bowsie
30/09/2009, 5:37 PM
Right.

Sorry, wrong thread...

And you try tell that to the kids of today and they won't believe you!!

tiktok
30/09/2009, 5:50 PM
Ok my bad. Heres my theory on this fiasco, right you've a man who "earns"(wheter he gets it or not is a different ball game) over a grand a week, and hes on the radio asing people, in a resession, and people on the dole to give them a 5er 10er or 20 spot, anybody find something suss about that like, i think its sums up modern day footballers myself.

Dan Murray probably won't end up getting all the wages he's due this year from his employer if the recent history, dwindling attendances and lack of fundraising is anything to go by.

I reckon that the players are hoping that they can get into Europe and it will attract a new investor, they couldn't run the risk of failing to fulfil the fixture and getting a points deduction. You seem to imply he should have paid for the bus himself?

Realistically, with the current owner, there isn't a hope in hell this team will be anything more than a memory next season, can't blame the man for fighting for what little chance he has of holding onto his livelihood.

davidatrb
01/10/2009, 8:09 AM
Dan Murray probably won't end up getting all the wages he's due this year from his employer if the recent history, dwindling attendances and lack of fundraising is anything to go by.

I reckon that the players are hoping that they can get into Europe and it will attract a new investor, they couldn't run the risk of failing to fulfil the fixture and getting a points deduction. You seem to imply he should have paid for the bus himself?

Realistically, with the current owner, there isn't a hope in hell this team will be anything more than a memory next season, can't blame the man for fighting for what little chance he has of holding onto his livelihood.

The problem is that its more than a livelihood, its a passion and its a dream. If it was just a regular job like yours or mine it would be different. If my employer stopped paying me or was screwing me around like that then I'd be out the door and get a new job. If I had to go to England for it, I'd be gone, or if I had to look at a different industry here in Ireland then I would too.

I have to say that I find myself half agreeing with bellavista on this. These guys are living out every boy's childhood dream and getting paid very well for it.

I have huge respect for the players for what they have put up with, but I think at this stage its gone too far. Nobody should have to put up with the humiliation of having to go on radio and plead for the bus fare to work. I think that they have a choice. Leave for England where they can get the wages that they are used to, or get a regular job and keep up their passion and their childhood dream for football by playing for a team like Cobh or Limerick for a couple of bob at the weekend.

Ezeikial
01/10/2009, 8:43 AM
I have huge respect for the players for what they have put up with, but I think at this stage its gone too far. Nobody should have to put up with the humiliation of having to go on radio and plead for the bus fare to work. I think that they have a choice. Leave for England where they can get the wages that they are used to, or get a regular job and keep up their passion and their childhood dream for football by playing for a team like Cobh or Limerick for a couple of bob at the weekend.

The choice is not just A or B. What they obviously want is C - Play professionally for their preferred club and get paid.

It's just that the TNB led Cork City can't provide that.

Cosmo
01/10/2009, 7:36 PM
They stayed on the other side of the road rather than standing with the protest itself

So 3 ex players watched the protest from across the road! thanks for clearing that up!

tiktok
01/10/2009, 8:00 PM
So 3 ex players watched the protest from across the road! thanks for clearing that up!

Yeah, it's a good thing that we were talking to them or we mightn't have been sure they were supporting us. I'm telling you, the Internet and facebook are great but I think this 'talking to people face to face' idea might just catch on.

micls
01/10/2009, 8:08 PM

:D While Tiktok's post clears it up just to add,

People were asked to protest by staying outside until 10 minutes after kick off, not by standing across the road. A large group stood together across the road but they weren't by any means the only ones protesting.

Buile Shuibhne
07/10/2009, 8:12 AM
Sep1
We need 5,000 to Support City's "Six Steps to Europe"! Tuesday September 1st 2009
Following consultation with the club’s financial advisers, Cork City FC has set a target of achieving an attendance of 5,000fans at each of our remaining six league games this season, as we bid to achieve European qualification.
This will allow us to meet our financial obligations, and we are calling on the people of Cork to get behind us!
With a population of over 480,000 in the county of Cork, we need just over 1% of that population to march with the Rebel Army on our Six Steps to Europe.
The past year has seen Cork City FC overcome significant difficulties, and while we are still faced with many challenges in this competitive world, our players and staff have shown admirable loyalty to Cork City. Now, starting with Friday’s game against Galway United, we are asking the people of Cork to repay this loyalty by backing our march on Europe which will be crucial in achieving the success Cork deserves, on and off the pitch!

http://corkcityfc.ie/main.php?action=newsLink&headlineID=1107

Cork City’s remaining League games at Turner’s Cross this season:
Fri. 4 September Cork City v Galway United Turner’s Cross 7.45 pm - 2,026
Fri. 2 October Cork City v Derry City Turner’s Cross 7.45 pm - 1,745
To be confirmed Cork City v Sligo Rovers Turner’s Cross 7.45 pm - 1,377
Fri. 16 October Cork City v Bohemians Turner’s Cross 7.45 pm
Fri. 23 October Cork City v Drogheda United Turner’s Cross 7.45 pm
Fri. 30 October Cork City v Dundalk Turner’s Cross 7.45 pm

razor
07/10/2009, 10:14 AM
Fri. 2 October Cork City v Derry City Turner’s Cross 7.45 pm - 1,745We were lucky if there was 745 there last night, where did they get the other 1000 from?

Ezeikial
07/10/2009, 1:25 PM
Fri. 4 September Cork City v Galway United Turner’s Cross 7.45 pm - 2,026
Fri. 2 October Cork City v Derry City Turner’s Cross 7.45 pm - 1,745
To be confirmed Cork City v Sligo Rovers Turner’s Cross 7.45 pm - 1,377
Fri. 16 October Cork City v Bohemians Turner’s Cross 7.45 pm
Fri. 23 October Cork City v Drogheda United Turner’s Cross 7.45 pm
Fri. 30 October Cork City v Dundalk Turner’s Cross 7.45 pm

You have to laugh. Who would have thought such a cunning and divisive plan would have failed. Payday today I think, keeping an eye on our forum it could be interesting to see how things will happen

Plan failed? Maybe, but a new even more cunning plan is about to be announced:

Its called "3 Steps to Europe"

"Cork City appeal for gates of 8,284 for each of the remaining games "

tiktok
07/10/2009, 2:00 PM
"Cork City appeal for gates of 8,284 for each of the remaining games "

Given that the capacity is 7500, I can't see that working. :D

Macy
07/10/2009, 2:01 PM
How could it not work?

John83
07/10/2009, 2:06 PM
nLlFd5KVoqQ

pineapple stu
08/10/2009, 9:26 AM
No programme for the Derry game apparently. Bit of nostalgia for you!

tiktok
08/10/2009, 10:29 AM
No programme for the Derry game apparently. Bit of nostalgia for you!

http://www.corkcityfc.ie/downloads/programme/CCFC%20Programme%202009-19.pdf

No programme Printed for the Derry Game.

I believe we got around the possibility of a fine by cobbling a few A4 team sheets together fot the officials and press. Reason given on the night was that they didn't want to outlay on the programme in case the game was called off, which is comical as it suggests the practice is to give the proofs to the printers about 6 hours before kick-off.

Rumours that a few other creditors are adding their names to Farrelly's petition next Monday as people down here get nervous that Monday next is their only chance to recoup money.

Buile Shuibhne
08/10/2009, 12:30 PM
Players to refuse to train?

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/2622/

rambler14
08/10/2009, 1:28 PM
Players to refuse to train?

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/2622/

Its about time they showed some dignity. All they are Rent Boys if they keep playing for that clown.

Ezeikial
08/10/2009, 2:33 PM
The circus will surely end soon.

The whole saga would be hilarious were it not for the implications for players and fans of the club.

Sometimes it's kinder to kill the wounded animal and focus on nurturing it's offspring to grow healthy and strong

SkStu
08/10/2009, 2:59 PM

The whole saga would be hilarious were it not for the implications for players and fans of the club.

Sometimes it's kinder to kill the wounded animal and feast on its corpse for weeks and months online

fixed that for you.

brianw82
08/10/2009, 3:05 PM

Sometimes it's kinder to kill the wounded animal and focus on nurturing it's offspring to grow healthy and strong

Would you really want CCFC as a parent? It'd probably be some kind of paedo-drug addict....

Mr A
08/10/2009, 4:03 PM
Basically: Killing animals is fun.

Acornvilla
08/10/2009, 4:28 PM
Basically: Killing animals is fun.

bamby wouldnt agree!!:eek:

A face
08/10/2009, 6:00 PM
bamby wouldnt agree!!:eek:

He had it coming though ;)

SMorgan
08/10/2009, 8:22 PM
Anybody know if they got their money?

micls
08/10/2009, 8:32 PM
Anybody know if they got their money?

Players were paid, staff weren't.

Rumours flying about on our forum and facebook etc about a takeover.

Same rubbish, different day

Dunny
08/10/2009, 8:45 PM
It's about time those lads took some action, they have put up with alot of s**t recently and have co-operated for the good of CCFC.