PDA

View Full Version : Cork City denied a licence; club to be wound up; FORAS to enter First Division

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76

Longfordian
27/01/2010, 3:14 PM
Wouldn't normally have great time for the FAI but I look forward to that statement.

Mr A
27/01/2010, 3:19 PM
Triumphant press releae due on FAI website any moment.

I really, really, really hope that they add bringing them to court to dispute the bringing the game into disrepute charge is now brought forward as a fresh charge of bringing the game into disrepute against him. :)

Buile Shuibhne
27/01/2010, 4:18 PM
TNB lost

http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/cork-city-owner-loses-appeal-against-fai-ban-443720.html

tippex
27/01/2010, 4:22 PM
would I be right in assuming that this will seriously weaken his demands for a higher payout by selling the club as he is not allowed to be involved for 12 months anyway. So one way or another Cork City are shot of TNB?

Doomofman
27/01/2010, 4:27 PM
would I be right in assuming that this will seriously weaken his demands for a higher payout by selling the club as he is not allowed to be involved for 12 months anyway. So one way or another Cork City are shot of TNB?

Yup you'd have to imagine that there's no way TNB can still be at Cork when the season starts... So either he sells up or Corck City FC goes down the swanny

Scrufil
27/01/2010, 4:34 PM
Just so this is clear. Has Tom Coughlan also lost his right to appeal the decision - the 12 month ban - against the FAI within the FAI Rulebook?

Longfordian
27/01/2010, 4:35 PM
There's usually a deadline for appealing. I'd imagine it's passed. They usually only give a week or two.

tippex
27/01/2010, 4:44 PM
AFAIK part of the FAI's defense was that there was an appeal open to TNB and he didnt take it and went straight to the judicial review. So I would say the time has passed for him to appeal.
I'd love to see the costs involved in him taking this action...

tiktok
27/01/2010, 4:55 PM
Yup you'd have to imagine that there's no way TNB can still be at Cork when the season starts... So either he sells up or Corck City FC goes down the swanny

Today's decision, while vindicating the FAI, needn't change much. While the FAI may ban him from involvement in football, they can't ban him from owning CCIFL, which in turn owns the club.

Licencing however, could certainly be used to put an end to his tyranny!

Longfordian
27/01/2010, 4:55 PM
Between his costs and the FAI's I'd say he's looking at over €50k of a hit, maybe more. Two days in the High Court doesn't come cheap. Good enough for him anyway.

tiktok
27/01/2010, 4:56 PM
I'd love to see the costs involved in him taking this action...

I'm sure the cheque is in the post.

Scrufil
27/01/2010, 4:59 PM
Okay cheers lads, but I don't think Cork are out of the woods yet. The manner in which any 'stake attempt' or take over is going ahead seems to rushed and it is only inviting more problems. I know it might be fire fighting but I suspect the winds of change may well re-ignite the flames in the coming months.

tiktok
27/01/2010, 5:10 PM
Okay cheers lads, but I don't think Cork are out of the woods yet. The manner in which any 'stake attempt' or take over is going ahead seems to rushed and it is only inviting more problems. I know it might be fire fighting but I suspect the winds of change may well re-ignite the flames in the coming months.

It's not rushed at all.
It's not something that I can see happening before the licencing decision to be honest.
Revenue date on Monday will be adjourned due to the negotiations I'd imagine, then the ball is in the FAI's court and we'll see the risk/fudge ratio calculators coming out.

Scrufil
27/01/2010, 5:25 PM
Tiktoc the deadline is the very reason I think things are being rushed. It might be better in the long run for Cork to miss the deadline and get things firmly in place prior to getting things going on the football field. Alas this may well mean a First Division licence but is that not better than another season of Cork=Mud?

tiktok
27/01/2010, 7:07 PM
Tiktoc the deadline is the very reason I think things are being rushed.

The people interested in taking over are not going to rush into anything, they're under no illusions with respect to the due diligence that will need to be carried out, so that no surprises pop out. The licence application is the responsibility of Coughlan and Meaney, the general manager, the only pressurized decision here belongs to the FAI.

Will they fudge the licence in the hope Coughlan sells, thereby running the risk that Coughlan would pull out of the deal once he gets that licence?

Longfordian
27/01/2010, 8:03 PM
First Division Licence sounds like an easy way out for them. Wouldn't be surprised to see that happen.

micls
27/01/2010, 8:11 PM
First Division Licence sounds like an easy way out for them. Wouldn't be surprised to see that happen.

First division license for who?

tiktok
27/01/2010, 8:21 PM

Revenue winding up order in place suggests no tax clearance cert, required for first division.
There's no easy way out.

Mr A
27/01/2010, 8:41 PM
“This High Court victory vindicates the independent disciplinary committee’s actions. Their finding that Mr Tom Coughlan brought the game into disrepute and their sanction now stands. By ignoring the internal appeals process open to him and engaging in a costly and entirely unnecessary Judicial Review application to the High Court, Mr Coughlan has squandered money that should have gone into League of Ireland football. We again call on Mr Coughlan to stand down from the untenable position he holds at Cork City FC in the interests of the game, the club and most importantly its fans. We thank our Legal Counsel and our solicitors in A&L Goodbody for their assistance in this case.”

Full story: http://www.loi.ie/index.php/about/press-office/1384-cork-city-owner-loses-high-court-case-against-fai

Mr A
27/01/2010, 8:47 PM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4062/4310162012_73fc93271a_o.jpg

weecountyman
27/01/2010, 8:59 PM
Full story: http://www.loi.ie/index.php/about/press-office/1384-cork-city-owner-loses-high-court-case-against-fai

In a way it's a little unfair for the LOI or FAI to ask for someone to stand down (people in glasshouses etc) but the whole situation surrounding this case/club is nuts. The supporters do deserve better yet I have an awful feeling there's a long, long way to go in this saga yet. What bets that this "show of strength" is to scare the FAI into getting a licence, and it's almost as if he's hired Rod as his personal advisor.

Longfordian
27/01/2010, 9:14 PM
Revenue winding up order in place suggests no tax clearance cert, required for first division.
There's no easy way out.

First division license for who?

Depends on what the takeover involves. They wont give Tom any sort of Licence but if a new group is definitely taking over especially if FORAS are on board they may bend the rules. The Licensing Committee can make a decision to demote them and give them a sanction that the TCC has to be in place or they can't start the season. A fudge in other words

yiddo
27/01/2010, 10:07 PM
In a way it's a little unfair for the LOI or FAI to ask for someone to stand down (people in glasshouses etc) but the whole situation surrounding this case/club is nuts. The supporters do deserve better yet I have an awful feeling there's a long, long way to go in this saga yet. What bets that this "show of strength" is to scare the FAI into getting a licence, and it's almost as if he's hired Rod as his personal advisor.

if the FAI didn't ask him stand down theyd have even less credibility! They'll be a few twists and turns yet but I reckon the tools game is up at long last. In the overall sceme of things ensuring we're rid of him for once and for all is way more important than what division we're playing in.

micls
27/01/2010, 10:11 PM
Depends on what the takeover involves. They wont give Tom any sort of Licence but if a new group is definitely taking over especially if FORAS are on board they may bend the rules. The Licensing Committee can make a decision to demote them and give them a sanction that the TCC has to be in place or they can't start the season. A fudge in other words

The problem with this is that its doubtful the takeover could happen before the licences were handed out. Meaning if the FAI were to give CCIFL a premier or first division licence in the hpoes of a takeover TNB could pull out at the last minute and keep the licence.

The people taking over wont sign anything until due diligence has been completed and given the previous abandonned attempt at an audit I dont think that will be completed before licencing.

dcfcsteve
27/01/2010, 10:55 PM
What bets that this "show of strength" is to scare the FAI into getting a licence, and it's almost as if he's hired Rod as his personal advisor.

What show of strength...?!? :confused:

He got b!tch slapped in a court room.

I doubt the FAI are in any way scared of the clown - especially now.

Longfordian
27/01/2010, 11:12 PM
The problem with this is that its doubtful the takeover could happen before the licences were handed out. Meaning if the FAI were to give CCIFL a premier or first division licence in the hpoes of a takeover TNB could pull out at the last minute and keep the licence.

The people taking over wont sign anything until due diligence has been completed and given the previous abandonned attempt at an audit I dont think that will be completed before licencing.

It's kind of a Catch 22, if they don't give him a Licence would the takeover still go ahead?. Would the investors not be better off to go into partnership with the FORAS backed team?. On the basis of the Derry situation they should be able to get into the First Division.

culloty82
28/01/2010, 7:22 AM
It's kind of a Catch 22, if they don't give him a Licence would the takeover still go ahead?. Would the investors not be better off to go into partnership with the FORAS backed team?. On the basis of the Derry situation they should be able to get into the First Division.

If nothing's completed by Monday, looks like the only way out would be to terminate the licence, at least then either the takeover would be speeded up or FORAS would have two weeks to replace them

Partizan
28/01/2010, 9:34 AM
If nothing's completed by Monday, looks like the only way out would be to terminate the licence, at least then either the takeover would be speeded up or FORAS would have two weeks to replace them

Thats assuming FORAS have everything in place, squad, manager, backroom staff not to mention off field stuff like sponsorsip, insurances, stadium, money etc. 2 weeks is too little notice. It now looks as if TNB is finally on his way out and the present CCFC entity is all but dead and buried. The FAI on Monday will refuse to grant the license to the waster giving the green light for FORAS to set up a new Cork club, this time run and owned by the fans. Not only would it be debt free but also langer free.

John83
28/01/2010, 9:36 AM
... The FAI on Monday will refuse to grant the license to the waster giving the green light for FORAS to set up a new Cork club, this time run and owned by the fans. Not only would it be debt free but also langer free.
It'd be full of langers.

tiktok
28/01/2010, 9:54 AM
Thats assuming FORAS have everything in place, squad, manager, backroom staff not to mention off field stuff like sponsorsip, insurances, stadium, money etc. 2 weeks is too little notice.

Surely they've been slaving away on things like this just in case?
SURELY! :eek:
FORAS OOOUUUUTTT!!!!!!!

razor
28/01/2010, 10:09 AM
It'd be full of langers.Leave Roddy alone.

Surely they've been slaving away on things like this just in case?
SURELY! :eek:
FORAS OOOUUUUTTT!!!!!!!Relax, i'm sure they've all been beavering away tirelessly over the Christmas and into January.
We're in safe hands (I hope :o)

tiktok
28/01/2010, 10:25 AM
http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/2824/

"Last week, the supporter group FORAS, who want to create a new Cork team, caused quite a stir when they reportedly upgraded their application from Newstalk A Championship to First Division particpation"
That's news to the members of the Trust I'd say :rolleyes:

"They submitted the application in case Cork City were refused a licence and were unofficially informed that they would have a chance of transferring the club’s name and history to the new team."
Load of nonsense, who's supposed to have done this 'informing'. It can't be the FAI, they have no control over the trading names that CCIFL own. The mechanisms by which the club name could be 'transferred' to a new entity are well known to everyone at this stage, and the people who control the name are Tom Coughlan, and if he's wound up, the liquidator.

Sam_Heggy
28/01/2010, 10:58 AM
Do you not just apply for a Licence to participate in Senior LOI competition and not for any particular division?
If so, how would FORAS upgrade their application from A Licence to First Division?

razor
28/01/2010, 11:32 AM
Coughlan stepping down as chairman
no choice after yesterday.

I'd much rather he stepped down as owner.

tiktok
28/01/2010, 11:36 AM

Meh, still owns the holding company and doesn't have much choice but to accept the football ban now.
I can't wait to see who's going to be temporary chairman while the membership scheme nominations and voting takes place.

juan
28/01/2010, 11:58 AM
Meh, still owns the holding company and doesn't have much choice but to accept the football ban now.
I can't wait to see who's going to be temporary chairman while the membership scheme nominations and voting takes place.

Pauly No Brains, or Daddy No Bobs. If PNB got it he'll be the first chairman to pass memo's around written in crayon

pineapple stu
28/01/2010, 12:02 PM
If TNB gets a licence for the Premier, could (would) FORAS protest? All it'd take (in theory...) is one person to come out and say that they're owed money and haven't agreed to a deferral to show the licence is invalid; there seem to be plenty of people like that around.

tiktok
28/01/2010, 12:16 PM
If TNB gets a licence for the Premier, could (would) FORAS protest? All it'd take (in theory...) is one person to come out and say that they're owed money and haven't agreed to a deferral to show the licence is invalid; there seem to be plenty of people like that around.

I'd imagine Bray would be the first to protest.

marinobohs
28/01/2010, 12:46 PM

People of Cork, meet your new Chairman Mr Roddy "the rebel" Collins :D

juan
28/01/2010, 1:09 PM
Confirmed now. Ultimate triumphs begin with small victories like these.

weecountyman
28/01/2010, 1:10 PM
People of Cork, meet your new Chairman Mr Roddy "the rebel" Collins :D

I did warn this, he's been angling for this all along! Buyers beware.

bluewhitearmy
28/01/2010, 1:15 PM
If FORAS did start a club would it have to start in the A championship?

superfrank
28/01/2010, 1:15 PM
I'd imagine Bray would be the first to protest.
I'd rather we didn't. We are in no state to compete in the Premier.

BonnieShels
28/01/2010, 1:19 PM

You would think that. Who knows!!!

weecountyman
28/01/2010, 1:28 PM
Offtheball on Newstalk tonight "promises" to have some "very important news regarding Cork City", according to a promo.

marinobohs
28/01/2010, 1:44 PM

You mean like the new Derry club will ? I am not sure what the difference would be if FORAS start a new club.

Longfordian
28/01/2010, 1:45 PM
Roddy pops up a lot on Newstalk, this big news is obviously coming from him. Cork fans beware.

razor
28/01/2010, 2:15 PM
If FORAS did start a club would it have to start in the A championship?FORAS have upped their game and are now applying for a First Division licence, so i'd imagine the team would start there.

osarusan
28/01/2010, 2:29 PM
FORAS have upped their game and are now applying for a First Division licence, so i'd imagine the team would start there.

Without wanting to rain on your parade, on what grounds will they bypass the A Championship?

Just through fudging?

Mr A
28/01/2010, 2:30 PM
There grounds would be that the 'new' Derry city did exactly the same. If your face fits the rules are different.