PDA

View Full Version : Cork City denied a licence; club to be wound up; FORAS to enter First Division

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76

weecountyman
20/12/2009, 9:58 AM
Cork supporters should have a read of Today’s Star ( Before you have your breakfast) Oul Shoddy is basically begging for the job in his column.

He says Coughlin is an honest man, supporters should keep quiet and support the club and best of all …the Overpaid Cork players should shout their mouths and be lucky that they are not on the dole (at least they would get paid on the dole).

He is some plank.

http://www.florianafc.com/news.asp?newsid=30

Seems both Roddy and TNB have been caught on their lies. Roddy won't be going without a lump from TNB's pocket. Seems like we've seen this all before, and the sad thing is, he actually DID do good things in Malta. The players were devastated that the first they heard was in a Maltese newspaper that he'd left for "personal reasons" and then the Irish media say he's going to Cork for sure, after him swearing he would never take the Cork job on Saturday evening! It's too hard to believe, and I defended the man before. Silly me :):ball:

HammerNThongs
20/12/2009, 10:34 AM
Cork supporters should have a read of Today’s Star ( Before you have your breakfast) Oul Shoddy is basically begging for the job in his column.

He says Coughlin is an honest man, supporters should keep quiet and support the club and best of all …the Overpaid Cork players should shout their mouths and be lucky that they are not on the dole (at least they would get paid on the dole).

He is some plank.

What swindling have those 2 cockends agreed? :mad:

eelmonster
20/12/2009, 10:50 AM
http://www.florianafc.com/news.asp?newsid=30

Seems both Roddy and TNB have been caught on their lies. Roddy won't be going without a lump from TNB's pocket. Seems like we've seen this all before, and the sad thing is, he actually DID do good things in Malta. The players were devastated that the first they heard was in a Maltese newspaper that he'd left for "personal reasons" and then the Irish media say he's going to Cork for sure, after him swearing he would never take the Cork job on Saturday evening! It's too hard to believe, and I defended the man before. Silly me :):ball:

Is there any truth in Roddy's contention that Floriana had already broken his contract in October when they (and I'm paraphrasing the Rod) took away the house and car?

cheech
20/12/2009, 12:31 PM
Collins is disgusting piece of work. He brings nothing positive whatsoever to the league. It is very apt that once again he leaves a club in a cloud of controversy of his own making.

Bohs: Attacks the Bohs board in the national media after winning the league title in a foolish attempt to get a much larger budget for the following season. Gets sacked.

Carlisle United: Attacks the owner of the club in the media and says he will leave if the owner doesn't sell the club to his mate John Courtney. Gets sacked. John Courtney buys club. Re-instates Roddy. Loses record number of games in a row. Gets sacked again.

Dublin City: With three weeks to go until the end of the season and fighting it out with Shamrock Rovers against relegation, he walks out on Dublin to leave them managerless to become Rovers new manager. Dublin subsequently relegated.

Shamrock Rovers: His contract was terminated by Rovers the following year and the club were relegated after a playoff, ironically with his old employers Dublin City. Had a case of unfair dismissal settled out of court.

Floriana (Malta): He suddenly leaves Floriana FC, to join Cork City. Floriana FC claimed that Cork City FC never requested permission from them to speak to their coach and refused to respond to any phonecalls, faxes or emails requesting information regarding about such meetings.

Cork City: Before it can even be announced that he is the new manager, the owner is banned from football for a year by the FAI. Looks extremely doubtful now if Roddy will get the role.

First piece of luck that Cork have had in a while that TNB and this piece of **** will not be in power next season. No integrity, no honour and little knowledge about the game. He shouldn't be let within spitting distance of any club. Hopefully we'll see the last of now as he won't be getting his contract renewed with MNS either...

eamo1
20/12/2009, 12:56 PM
Theres a piece on Rte.ie football pages that Roddy can't go to Cork because TNB is banned from football for a year and therefore he is not allowed appoint anyone.I had thought of this on Friday that how could TNB make the appointment if he is indeed banned??

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2009/1220/collinsr.html

sheao
20/12/2009, 2:01 PM
Appearently Collins had a pop at the City supporters in the star !

John83
20/12/2009, 2:05 PM
Appearently Collins had a pop at the City supporters in the star !
Yeah. See Joe Strummer's post above.

James
20/12/2009, 2:20 PM
looks like collins is well tuned in on the stupidness down here

them down here..
the stupidness

doolin's take on it ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdbuwMg9JZw

Ezeikial
20/12/2009, 3:28 PM
Theres a piece on Rte.ie football pages that Roddy can't go to Cork because TNB is banned from football for a year and therefore he is not allowed appoint anyone.I had thought of this on Friday that how could TNB make the appointment if he is indeed banned??

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2009/1220/collinsr.html

Don't think it actually says that!

However, the 12-month ban imposed by the FAI on club owner Tom Coughlan has hampered the move.

The question now remains over whether Coughlan has the authority to appoint the controversial manager.
Cork reportedly have not yet handed the final part of wages they promised to their players and if the debts are not paid by Monday, the club are in breach of the FAI licensing agreement and could be thrown out of the league.

It's not clear to me that any restrictions imposed on Coughlan by the FAI would actually prevent Cork City appointing anyone as manager or to any other position for that matter

placid casual
20/12/2009, 4:46 PM
Roddy Collins is a self-serving money grabbing shyster who should be chased out of the game with the upmost vigour.
Coughlan strikes me as being a somewhat similar odious individual.

It appears to my eyes that the FAI are beginninng to clean up this league- not before time obviously.
there is many more twists and turns to come but hopefully after all these labour pains , a new vibrant league will be born into the world.
we can but hope.
KOH

micls
20/12/2009, 9:06 PM
It says it all when the majority of our online fans, our forum and facebook, are hpoing we DONT fulfil the requirements to get a license tomorrow.Must be a first

Take a bow Tom.

micls
20/12/2009, 9:07 PM
Oh and the clown that is Mr. Collins can take a long walk off a short pier. I'm sure he'll change his tune fast enough when he signs his contract and the first paycheque bounces. He deserves Tom.

John83
20/12/2009, 9:12 PM
Oh and the clown that is Mr. Collins can take a long walk off a short pier. I'm sure he'll change his tune fast enough when he signs his contract and the first paycheque bounces. He deserves Tom.
Maybe he'll take a percentage of the gates?

Of course, that'd make for the most popular boycott of a club since Wimbledon put the "MK" in "life-long fans".

micls
20/12/2009, 9:13 PM
Maybe he'll take a percentage of the gates?

Of course, that'd make for the most popular boycott of a club since Wimbledon put the "MK" in "life-long fans".

If so then he's even thicker than I thought. Did he think insulting the fans was the best way to improve the gate?

Also, having a contract that says you get a share of the gate and actually getting a share of the gate are 2 very different things in the world of Mr. Coughlan.

razor
20/12/2009, 9:16 PM
Also, having a contract that says you get a share of the gate and actually getting a share of the gate are 2 very different things in the world of Mr. Coughlan.And who would calculate these gate figures? Cos theres a big difference between Toms gate figures and the amount of people at the game.

Stevo Da Gull
20/12/2009, 9:21 PM
You wont for long as you'll be back annoying us in the premier division next season :p

While I'd love that, we've already parted with a number of first team players from last year who could do a job in the Premier. Foran (Shels), Pender and Coughlan are examples.. had this crap been sorted out earlier then those players might still be on our books!

As long as the FAI do make a decision this week, then we can't really be angry as this is a predetermined date for liscensing criteria analysis. Strange as it sounds, I reckon the FAI will actually sort this out this week :eek:

John83
20/12/2009, 9:32 PM
And who would calculate these gate figures? Cos theres a big difference between Toms gate figures and the amount of people at the game.
Just picture what it would be like if Pineapple Stu controlled Roddy Collins' wages.

I should probably emphasise here that I was kidding above - I can't imagine anyone taking a percentage of the gate at Cork right now.

micls
20/12/2009, 9:35 PM
Not sure if it's been posted here yet but the latest rumour, as per our forum, is that the FAi's favourite Danny Drew is now involved.

A company of his is gonna be the shirt sponsor next season and he'll pay the money up front to sort licensing issues.

Also rumours that he will be made the new chairman in return.
Just when people thought it couldnt get any crazier...

Coughlan, Drew and Collins, and unstoppable force.

John83
20/12/2009, 9:40 PM
We're just short one person, four horses and an Apocalypse.

tiktok
20/12/2009, 9:50 PM

Fingers crossed we get Bernie Madoff to do the books.
We'll complete the set then.

Collins having a pop of City fans for asking genuine questions of the chairman is comical [especially since he was vocal about the same man when paid for his opinion in the Star and on MNS]. Having a pop off the players is worse, calling them overpaid when many of them are owed wages heading into Christmas only shows how easily his opinion can be bought.

As for Drew as Chairman, Delaney et al. will love that.
Looney Tunes beyond what we've seen already.
Who would have thought that possible?

pineapple stu
21/12/2009, 8:56 AM
Just picture what it would be like if Pineapple Stu controlled Roddy Collins' wages.
I'd quite like that job.

"Roddy - your pay is...zero. Here it is. Now feck off."

Baffled why Collins is pimping himself so strongly for this voluntary position too.

LeixlipRed
21/12/2009, 11:59 AM
Because Roddy knows that his only way into jobs in Ireland nowadays is when some complete lunatic/fool like TNB is in charge of a club. He's burnt his bridges and TNB is his only hope.

micls
21/12/2009, 2:44 PM
Banks closed in 20 minutes and some staff still have not received their money.

So, does this deadline matter, will it be enforced or will we see the most unpopular fudge in a while.

harps1954
21/12/2009, 3:00 PM

So, does this deadline matter, will it be enforced or will we see the most unpopular fudge in a while.

Some banks (including Bank of Ireland) don't close until 5pm, so TNB has about an hour to go yet.

Also, from what I can gather, the Independent Licensing Committee do not meet until the end of January. Even if TNB doesn't pay up his debts today, but pays them in mid-January, that should also suffice. I think the deadline today is a case of if he isn't going to pay anytime soon, he needs to have agreements in place with those that he owes money too. However, if he expects to pay everyone in the first week or two of January (and actually does pay them), I think the Licensing Committee will accept that as no monies will be owed to anyone by the time they sit.

micls
21/12/2009, 3:05 PM
Some banks (including Bank of Ireland) don't close until 5pm, so TNB has about an hour to go yet.

Also, from what I can gather, the Independent Licensing Committee do not meet until the end of January. Even if TNB doesn't pay up his debts today, but pays them in mid-January, that should also suffice. I think the deadline today is a case of if he isn't going to pay anytime soon, he needs to have agreements in place with those that he owes money too. However, if he expects to pay everyone in the first week or two of January (and actually does pay them), I think the Licensing Committee will accept that as no monies will be owed to anyone by the time they sit.

Then whats the point of the deadline.

He hasnt paid people yet and they are refusing to sign agreements. If the deadline is pointless why have it and not just saw the deadline is the middle of January.

It's crap like this that means TNB gets away with this constantly, and now all staff wont be paid before Christmas, he'l pay it at the last possible minute and the licensing committee will see nothing wrong in this?

I'll be disgusted if this is true.

OneRedArmy
21/12/2009, 3:06 PM
So, does this deadline matter, will it be enforced or will we see the most unpopular fudge in a while.On the basis only Tom wants to see a fudge, and everyone else (bar the Rodster) is searching for a reason to finally get shot of him, it would seem like this SHOULD be the end of the road.

But of course it won't be....

Doomofman
21/12/2009, 3:06 PM
I wonder when we'll find out the result of this so called deadline

redobit
21/12/2009, 3:13 PM

Seen this on extratime.ie:

Section 10.1 of the FAI domestic club licensing manual includes the following: “The licence applicant must prove that, in respect of contractual and legal obligations with its employees, it has no payables overdue towards employees or revenue/social/tax authorities as at 30 November of the year preceding the season to be licensed, unless by the following 21 December they have been fully settled, deferred by mutual agreement with the creditor or are subject to a not obviously unfounded dispute submitted to a competent authority.”

harps1954
21/12/2009, 3:15 PM
Then whats the point of the deadline.

He hasnt paid people yet and they are refusing to sign agreements. If the deadline is pointless why have it and not just saw the deadline is the middle of January.

It's crap like this that means TNB gets away with this constantly, and now all staff wont be paid before Christmas, he'l pay it at the last possible minute and the licensing committee will see nothing wrong in this?

I'll be disgusted if this is true.

It's the FAI's fault.

The deadline for completed License applications is the 30th November.
They then have another deadline where outstanding monies must be paid by 21st December.
However, the Licensing Committee do not sit until the end of January.

For me, everything should be in place by 30th November, the Licensing Committee should sit on the 1st December and licences for the following season issued then. However, we have a situation where almost three months pass from the date of the previous season until licences are handed out, and then just a two week period before the new season starts.

It's a joke of a situation where club's don't know for certain what Division they will be in next season. Take Bray, they are the club who will benefit most if Cork don't get a licence as they will be awarded a Premier Division licence. However, at the moment, they are not sure whether to sign players for a First Division campaign or a Premier Division campaign. We also have a situation in that we don't know if Salthill Devon or the 'new' Derry City are successful in getting First Division Licenes for next season - and no-one will know for certain until two weeks before the season is due to begin.

I know Cork fans want rid of TNB as soon as possible, and are hoping the FAI do this for them. However, it's the FAI that have set all these 'deadlines' and don't enforce them.

If you want my views on it, I'll bet you TNB pays all his football debts before the Licensing Committee sits and he'll get his Premier Division licence for next season. The 12 month ban won't bother him in the slighest as he'll just get that new General Manager to sign all the paperwork, etc. while he pulls the strings behind the scenes.

tiktok
21/12/2009, 3:29 PM
Section 10.1 of the FAI domestic club licensing manual includes the following: “The licence applicant must prove that, in respect of contractual and legal obligations with its employees, it has no payables overdue towards employees or revenue/social/tax authorities as at 30 November of the year preceding the season to be licensed, unless by the following 21 December they have been fully settled, deferred by mutual agreement with the creditor or are subject to a not obviously unfounded dispute submitted to a competent authority.”

There are 'payables' overdue as of 30 November, they have not been cleared by 21 December [at least as of 4.37 today] and there are no mutual agreements in place with anyone. It's black and 888ing white!

Screw all this fudging, they only get away with fudging because people have been willing to turn a blind eye to it in the past. Well not this ****ing time. No way.

The FAI have a responsibility to the employees of the clubs they claim they police, they'll grow a pair of balls this time if I have to rip off Coughlan's and staple them between Fran Gavins legs.

So ****ing angry right now, people I've known for years, working for this ***** are facing into Christmas without money in their pockets, solely because TNB thinks he can get away with it.

Longfordian
21/12/2009, 3:30 PM
The reason that they wait until the end of January for the financials is that the financial and tax year runs until 31st December and clubs have to get their accounts done and audited. Ordinarily I'd say that if clubs had the money paid by the time the committee met they'd be alright but in my opinion there's such bad blood between Coughlan and the FAI that they'll make no allowances for him whatsoever and any chance they get to deny him a Licence they'll take it. The only difficulty would be if other clubs are in the same boat and haven't met the deadline but it appears to be the case that everyone except Cork will at least have agreements in place.

pól-dcfc
21/12/2009, 4:12 PM
So... After five now. Any news?

LeixlipRed
21/12/2009, 4:46 PM
3 words: Job Seekers Allowance

LeixlipRed
21/12/2009, 5:00 PM
This could possibly have been mentioned here before but if there is a fudge with regards to Cork and licensing does anyone feel that there's an appetite among LOI fans in general for some sort of Delaney Out campaign? An organised, non-whining on the internet type one that is.

harps1954
21/12/2009, 5:34 PM
This could possibly have been mentioned here before but if there is a fudge with regards to Cork and licensing does anyone feel that there's an appetite among LOI fans in general for some sort of Delaney Out campaign? An organised, non-whining on the internet type one that is.

It's not up to Delaney - it's up to the Independent Licensing Committee.

LeixlipRed
21/12/2009, 5:51 PM
Independent, yes, of course independent. Then the FAI just choose which league to place the team in.

micls
21/12/2009, 6:25 PM
Cork City FC Chairman Tom Coughlan today obtained an Order from the High Court for leave to judicially review the Disciplinary Committee’s hearing of 17 December 2009.

The order relates to the Committee’s refusal of Mr. Coughlan’s request for an adjournment, the Committee’s decision to hold the hearing in Mr. Coughlan’s absence and the Committee’s finding that Mr. Coughlan had brought the game of football into disrepute and the sanction imposed on him.

As a result of this, certain issues may not be capable of being finalised while the proceedings are pending.

Notwithstanding the pending judicial review proceedings, Mr. Coughlan remains committed to obtaining a renewal of the Club's license and will be doing everything possible to ensure such renewal while awaiting the outcome of the judicial review.

Speaking to CorkCityFC.ie, Mr Coughlan said: “I was very disappointed with the decision of the Disciplinary Committee and the manner in which we have been treated. It is unfortunate that we have had to pursue this course of action, however given the prejudicial nature of the CEO’s comments and the subsequent actions of the Disciplinary Committee, we were left with no option. We hope that this issue can be brought to speedy and successful conclusion so that we can concentrate on playing football next season.”

Im sure he'l try to claim this somehow stopped him from paying people.

LeixlipRed
21/12/2009, 6:36 PM
And of course the licensing rules exclude cases were legal proceedings are currently underway when taking unpaid wages into account. Super

Longfordian
21/12/2009, 6:40 PM
They only exclude cases where it's a "not obviously unsound" dispute about the actual wages not some other case ongoing whilst wages are owed but no doubt he'll try it.

Mr A
21/12/2009, 6:52 PM
Plonker. He seems determined to **** Delaney off as much as possible.

Dead man walking.

Mr A
21/12/2009, 6:58 PM
Incidentally, doesn't legal action against the FAI raise the possibility of FIFA action against the FAI and a possible ban on the National Team.

I also suspect there are bits in the participation agreement about this.

micls
21/12/2009, 7:33 PM
FAI response

The Football Association of Ireland this evening (December 21) confirmed its surprise at the Cork City FC statement that Mr Tom Coughlan was granted leave to apply for judicial review, given that Mr Coughlan has to date failed to exhaust all internal appeal procedures open to him.

The FAI is not on notice of any court application and if any order was made, it would been given on an ex parte basis, meaning that it would have been granted on Mr Coughlan’s word only.

Mr_Parker
21/12/2009, 7:49 PM
FAI response

Surely the court will tell him to go away and exhaust the procedures open to him first?

Doomofman
21/12/2009, 7:50 PM
Surely the court will tell him to go away

Hopefully :D :p

incident
21/12/2009, 9:18 PM
Incidentally, doesn't legal action against the FAI raise the possibility of FIFA action against the FAI and a possible ban on the National Team.

I also suspect there are bits in the participation agreement about this.
Technically, Yes.

FIFA Statutes (http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/federation/01/24/fifastatuten2009%5fe.pdf)

1. The Confederations, Members and Leagues shall agree to recognise CAS as an independent judicial authority and to ensure that their members, affiliated Players and Officials comply with the decisions passed by CAS. The same obligation shall apply to licensed match and players’ agents.

2. Recourse to ordinary courts of law is prohibited unless specifically provided for in the FIFA regulations.

3. The Associations shall insert a clause in their statutes or regulations, stipulating that it is prohibited to take disputes in the Association or disputes affecting Leagues, members of Leagues, clubs, members of clubs, Players, Officials and other Association Officials to ordinary courts of law, unless the FIFA regulations or binding legal provisions specifically provide for or stipulate recourse to ordinary courts of law. Instead of recourse to ordinary courts of law, provision shall be made for arbitration. Such disputes shall be taken to an independent and duly constituted arbitration tribunal recognised under the rules of the Association or Confederation or to CAS.

The Associations shall also ensure that this stipulation is implemented in the Association, if necessary by imposing a binding obligation on its members. The Associations shall impose sanctions on any party that fails to respect this obligation and ensure that any appeal against such sanctions shall likewise be strictly submitted to arbitration, and not to ordinary courts of law.

eamo1
21/12/2009, 9:52 PM
The saying "you could write a book about this" springs to mind.What would the title of it be though???

TNB is really taking the pi** now,i knew he'd try something in the run up to today's deadline but not anything like this.He's dragging what little credibility this league had further into the s*it with each passing day.

athloneman
21/12/2009, 10:00 PM
Coughlan is beyond a joke, he isn't only making a show of a great club like Cork but the league aswel!!!he should be taken out and shot, i dont think there is too many who would care!!if he continues the way he is, Cork will be made an even bigger example of, than Derry were!!!

sheao
21/12/2009, 10:12 PM
The saying "you could write a book about this" springs to mind.What would the title of it be though???

TNB is really taking the pi** now,i knew he'd try something in the run up to today's deadline but not anything like this.He's dragging what little credibility this league had further into the s*it with each passing day.

Never mind a book , i'd say you could make a flim on it at this stage .

Hairy Bowsie
21/12/2009, 10:19 PM
Is anyone else at a point where they just don't give a damn about the whole F'ing LoI anymore. The way i feel right now, i honestly don't think i'd care if the whole thing went tits up.

jebus
21/12/2009, 11:20 PM
Is anyone else at a point where they just don't give a damn about the whole F'ing LoI anymore. The way i feel right now, i honestly don't think i'd care if the whole thing went tits up.

Happened to me about half way through last season

The whole league is a jokeshop, but then again I find football to be a nonsense sport the older I get

The rate it's going pro-wrestling will soon have more creditability, at least they know how ridiculous they are and actually treat their fans well