PDA

View Full Version : Cork City denied a licence; club to be wound up; FORAS to enter First Division

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76

micls
19/02/2010, 4:01 PM
So were the revenue payed on Wednesday?

yeah.

Doomofman
19/02/2010, 4:02 PM
And I'm guessing there wasn't much truth behind the reported 1m debt either

tippex
19/02/2010, 4:05 PM
any word yet MICLS?

DmanDmythDledge
19/02/2010, 4:11 PM
Deal done apparantly according to somebody on CCFC forum.

Dodge
19/02/2010, 4:11 PM
And I'm guessing there wasn't much truth behind the reported 1m debt either

I'd imagine most of tht was being painted by TOmmy as director loans (ie money he invested)

There's no question that a large amount of debt exists

Doomofman
19/02/2010, 4:12 PM
Deal done apparantly according to somebody on CCFC forum.

Guaranteed Premier spot for Cork so....

SkStu
19/02/2010, 4:31 PM
im getting angry again.

Im sick and tired of being sick and tired.

dahamsta
19/02/2010, 4:34 PM
Something just struck me. If you are a director of a company which gets wound upI don't think "wound up" is right in this context. Winding up a company is just the process of closing it down. That said, I don't think liquidation guarantees a directorship ban either, I think the only thing that guarantees it is personal bankruptcy.

Martinho II
19/02/2010, 4:37 PM
The FAI have launched a last minute bid to takeover Cork City. The hearing has been postponed for another week to allow the takeover to be completed!! Cork will be in Premier Division this season and as a kind gesture the FAI have awarded them +10 points to start off the season!!

I was close enough to believe that and its not the first time either too...:rolleyes:

centre mid
19/02/2010, 4:43 PM
I'm looking forward to playing in the first (or premier) division, the game against Derry (or Dundalk). Its great to be able to approach the season with a clear direction to where we are going as club with a goal of promotion (or relegation) to the Premier (or First).

DRDoc
19/02/2010, 4:44 PM
no deal done yet - talks continuing

Doomofman
19/02/2010, 5:03 PM
Well the outcome is obvious enough at this stage.. We now know that the Quintas crowd were just posturing with their deadline... So the deal will go through and Cork will get a premier licence with no fines or point deductions...

culloty82
19/02/2010, 5:14 PM
According to Aertel:

Quintas continuing negotiations, "significant progress made" however "outstanding issues need to be resolved". James Duggan appointed CCFC interim chairman.

Doomofman
19/02/2010, 5:15 PM
Read as: Quintas continuing negotiations, "We we're just bluffing with our deadline" and "We'll be in charge of a Premier Division club by Monday"

Longfordian
19/02/2010, 5:18 PM
Tom & Co have now annonced a new interim chairman for a period of four weeks from today. James Duggan B.L. a well known barrister in Cork apparently. God knows why, apparently his task is to "ensure the smooth transition of ownership". Bit late now to be nominating lads for a period of four weeks when it has to be done by Monday. Apparently there's still a number obstacles to be overcome but "significant progress" was made today and negotiations are ongoing.

compo
19/02/2010, 5:24 PM
If it's any consolation, lads, we're just as ****ed off as the rest of ye.:mad: TNB has destroyed the club and obstructed the takeover bid at almost every turn. BTW, I'd expect a points deduction.

jebus
19/02/2010, 5:31 PM
If it's any consolation, lads, we're just as ****ed off as the rest of ye.:mad: TNB has destroyed the club and obstructed the takeover bid at almost every turn. BTW, I'd expect a points deduction.

How gracious of you when in reality Cork should be dumped into the A Championship

tonydaly
19/02/2010, 5:59 PM
How gracious of you when in reality Cork should be dumped into the A Championship

Does that mean we get to play ye then :mad:

danthesaint
19/02/2010, 7:42 PM
this is like the whole who killed archie mitchell saga!!! lol

i couldnt give a rats anymore tbh, i dont think i will be going to a cork away game anymore anyway, jokeshop!!

tonydaly
19/02/2010, 7:46 PM
this is like the whole who killed archie mitchell saga!!! lol

i couldnt give a rats anymore tbh, i dont think i will be going to a cork away game anymore anyway, jokeshop!!

You want to be living here.Its like waiting for a baby to be born :rolleyes:

dong
19/02/2010, 7:50 PM
You want to be living here.Its like waiting for a baby to be born :rolleyes:

Yea, the longest most painful labour in history.
And any baby that comes out now isn't going to be pretty!

tonydaly
19/02/2010, 7:56 PM
Yea, the longest most painful labour in history.
And any baby that comes out now isn't going to be pretty!

At least it might be better looking & healthier than the one we threw out.:D

Scrufil
19/02/2010, 7:59 PM
If I were Cobh Ramblers I would be getting ready to lodge a complaint against the FAI if Cork City are given even a first Division licence. Ramblers were hammered and not given any help. The FAI didn't give a rats ass about Kildare County either.

I am really starting to wonder is there a certain amount of Fianna Fail messing going on in this whole affair because it is starting to give off the same foul smell.

Dodge
19/02/2010, 7:59 PM

Not being funny, but he did save you from a winding up order Not defending him. Just pointing out you've been on the scrapheap for more than his tenure

Longfordian
19/02/2010, 8:05 PM
True enough Arkaga sowed the seeds by getting them into the situation that allowed Tom to take over for a pittance. I still can't help thinking he's up to something why has he been hanging on for so long and why is he appointing an interim chairman for four weeks?.

dcfcsteve
19/02/2010, 9:10 PM
Its all to suit the bigger clubs. Sure look what happened Longford Town a couple of seasons back...

I keep reading the above time and time again, yet it still make me laugh out loud.....:D

Has there been a sudden national outbreak of Hepatitis P (Dificillis Paranois) in Ireland at the moment...?

marty
19/02/2010, 9:12 PM
Report on the local radio here that its all fallen through and city will be going the first division route with Fc Cork City,all over it seems

Doomofman
19/02/2010, 9:13 PM
Really? Finally some justice? Naaaa... I don't believe you...

marty
19/02/2010, 9:16 PM
Just on 96fm fella Billy Barry had a report on it for about 10 mins before the news at 10,hopefully its through as nobody will begrudge foras a fresh start in the first.

dcfcsteve
19/02/2010, 9:20 PM
If I were Cobh Ramblers I would be getting ready to lodge a complaint against the FAI if Cork City are given even a first Division licence. Ramblers were hammered and not given any help. The FAI didn't give a rats ass about Kildare County either.

I am really starting to wonder is there a certain amount of Fianna Fail messing going on in this whole affair because it is starting to give off the same foul smell.

LOL - Do you think Fianna Fail even understand that there are any Irish football teams outside of Glasgow and Manchester.... :D

The Dificillis Paranoius outbreak continues apace ;)

Doomofman
19/02/2010, 9:22 PM
RTE on the latest development

Quintas turn attention to FORAS club

Friday, 19 February 2010 22:00
Quintas have confirmed that talks for their takeover of Cork City have stalled and they are now focusing on being part of a new Cork club that will start in the League of Ireland First Division.

The group claim that an offer was made to Tom Coughlan this afternoon and the Cork owner has failed to make any 'meaningful engagement' in return.

Quintas are keen to have some level of senior soccer in Cork this year and Tom O'Sullivan, speaking on behalf of Quintas, told RTÉ.ie that with time running out, the consortium had little choice.

The group will now look to be part of the new club FORAS are proposing to join. They have applied for a licence to play in the second tier of the League of Ireland.

Meanwhile, Cork have appointed James Duggan as interim chairman of the club for the next month.

Coughlan was banned by the FAI from running the club after the governing body claimed he brought the game into disrepute.

Duggan said: 'The main priority for the people of Cork is to have a viable team competing in the Premier Division of the League of Ireland.

'My position as interim chairman is to ensure that a change of ownership proceeds smoothly and in doing so ensure that
long term football in Cork City is safeguarded.

'I have therefore agreed to act as interim chairman of Cork Cityfor a period of four weeks from the date hereof.'

dcfcsteve
19/02/2010, 9:23 PM
Report on the local radio here that its all fallen through and city will be going the first division route with Fc Cork City,all over it seems

The Good Friday Agreement took less time to sort out than the Cork City saga, so I'm not holding my breath.

It would be ridiculous if the last 3-4mths end up with Cork City still going ourt of existence and FORAS taking over. As it's what should've been done from the start.

gufct
19/02/2010, 9:26 PM
Really? Finally some justice? Naaaa... I don't believe you...

What a stupid statement there but the grace of god goes the majority of loi clubs.

Doomofman
19/02/2010, 9:27 PM
Huh? What are you on about?

Longfordian
19/02/2010, 9:36 PM
If this is another bluff from the consortium they're really taking the mick. Having said that that proposed course of action is by a long way the most financially viable. Tom is up
to no good deliberately and I don't think his attitude will have changed by Monday.

mick dundee
19/02/2010, 10:03 PM
a few diffrent storys here
http://www.eecho.ie/news/index.aspx?c=sport&jp=eyeygbsnsnau

http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/soccer/2010/0219/1224264869049.html

Longfordian
19/02/2010, 10:06 PM
Irish Times would be hours behind. Wouldn't pay much attention to that.

Doomofman
19/02/2010, 10:08 PM
We're probably gonna need a mining team to try and find the LOI's name it must be trodden so far into the mud at this stage...

razor
19/02/2010, 10:16 PM
The worry for me is that it merely says stalled and not dead.
I think Tom has been given more than enough time to engage.

Doomofman
19/02/2010, 10:18 PM
The worry for me is that it merely says stalled and not dead.
I think Tom has been given more than enough time to engage.

Huh? They say Quintas are turning their attention to FORAS.. That says dead to me

razor
19/02/2010, 10:24 PM
Huh? They say Quintas are turning their attention to FORAS.. That says dead to meThis should be happening anyway, my fear is that its merely a ploy to get Tom to engage.

bholg
19/02/2010, 10:26 PM
Interesting for Foras.... do they need these guys?

Will it dilute or alter the original 100% fan owned set up, or was that actually the plan?

How do members feel about going in with these lads if they don't actually have to (?) or do they?

Doomofman
19/02/2010, 10:28 PM
This should be happening anyway, my fear is that its merely a ploy to get Tom to engage.

Certainly wouldn't be surprising as we know they were BSing about the 12pm deadline today...

Mick89
19/02/2010, 10:34 PM
Michael O'Connell is owed c200k from the Celtic game by all accounts. (I'm open to correction here). Would including him in the coalition of the willing bring on a 200k debt to the new club?

sheao
19/02/2010, 10:40 PM
Interesting for Foras.... do they need these guys?

Will it dilute or alter the original 100% fan owned set up, or was that actually the plan?

How do members feel about going in with these lads if they don't actually have to (?) or do they?

It we have the funds to go alone then we should. FORAS are well able to manage a budget and run a sustainable LOI club .First division here we come.

danthesaint
19/02/2010, 11:05 PM
if the corkies do go to the wall and foras setup a team on their own, does 2 week give them time to prepare for the first game?? and if not what do yaz think will happen??

Doomofman
19/02/2010, 11:10 PM
if the corkies do go to the wall and foras setup a team on their own, does 2 week give them time to prepare for the first game?? and if not what do yaz think will happen??

Did Drogheda not do something similar last season? I'd imagine FORAS have had everything they can have sorted for a 1st division team... I'm sure there are plenty of players still available.... I'd say they'll be fine... They'll be down towards the end of the 1st Div but they'll make it I think...

dcfcsteve
19/02/2010, 11:18 PM
Huh? They say Quintas are turning their attention to FORAS.. That says dead to me

Read the quote from RTE again. It says : "Quintas have confirmed that talks for their takeover of Cork City have stalled and they are now focusing on being part of a new Cork club that will start in the League of Ireland First Division".

"Stalled" doesn't say dead to me. If they wanted it to be dead, they'd just have to say it's dead. But they don't. Instead they say "stalled" and that they're focusing on something else.

But it's very interesting that they don't say that they're over with Coughlan. Presumably because they're not.

danthesaint
19/02/2010, 11:27 PM
Read the quote from RTE again. It says : "Quintas have confirmed that talks for their takeover of Cork City have stalled and they are now focusing on being part of a new Cork club that will start in the League of Ireland First Division".

"Stalled" doesn't say dead to me. If they wanted it to be dead, they'd just have to say it's dead. But they don't. Instead they say "stalled" and that they're focusing on something else.

But it's very interesting that they don't say that they're over with Coughlan. Presumably because they're not.

in fairness they cant do both, they cant carry on negotiations with coughlan and concentrate on a new club

me think its as some said earlier, could be just to get coughlan to budge

i was gonna say it will be interesting to see, but frankly that will be a lie, its boring the tits off everyone at this stage

Longfordian
19/02/2010, 11:49 PM
It does seem to be another ultimatum from the consortium but sure until Monday it's all up
for grabs and everyone knows it.