PDA

View Full Version : Cork City denied a licence; club to be wound up; FORAS to enter First Division

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76

Umberside
30/07/2009, 8:42 PM
These guys - http://www.quintas.ie/

or these guys - http://www.quintaswealthmanagement.ie/

I think.

Same crowd

Rovers Maniac
30/07/2009, 8:44 PM
These guys - http://www.quintas.ie/

or these guys - http://www.quintaswealthmanagement.ie/

I think.

They're the same.

Dunny
30/07/2009, 8:44 PM
Meh.

Is it these guys though?

brianw82
30/07/2009, 8:45 PM
"Quintas Wealth Management offers a flexible, holistic and creative wealth management service."

Holistic? This is utter jibberish. No wonder the FAI have gotten in touch. They can blind the Revenue with jargon!

Umberside
30/07/2009, 8:48 PM
Meh.

Is it these guys though?

I wasn't aware of a "Quintas" all I heard was the FAI had been in contact with a sort of rescue package. Mr_Parker is the one who mentioned Quintas.

Dunny
30/07/2009, 8:49 PM
I wasn't aware of a "Quintas" all I heard was the FAI had been in contact with a sort of rescue package. Mr_Parker is the one who mentioned Quintas.

It was on the Cork forum earlier and Newstalk.

SMorgan
30/07/2009, 9:43 PM
Do Quintas not fly big aeroplanes to, from and around Australia??

OneRedArmy
30/07/2009, 9:43 PM
Groundhog Day.

Sheridan
30/07/2009, 9:53 PM
While I fully endorse Coughlan's removal and supporter control of clubs (preferably part-funded by the state) I think some people are becoming very blasé about the efficacy and viability of supporter-based consortia. Let's not forget that for all the terrific work done by the 400 Club and the Rovers family, it was the largesse of a private individual that ultimately stopped them going wallop and put them where they are now.

Keeping Cork City FC alive, minus Coughlan, should be the focus now. Cork's vaunted potential is based on the large support it attracted to a competitive, pro or semi-pro based team playing at the top level. A fan-run side scraping around the "A" Championship could easily fizzle out without fanfare within a few years.

micls
30/07/2009, 10:05 PM
Quintas are financial advisors who will be dealing with the revenue for Tom.

They will be offering 220k up front and the Celtic friendly basically.

dong
30/07/2009, 10:05 PM
You couldn't make this stuff up!
This whole debacle looks so shambolic to anybody else apart from those who have followed the league down through the years. We've become acclimatised to this kind of thing.
Any wonder the league is such a laughing stock.
Best of luck tomorrow Cork Fans. As the Rolling Stones once said: "You can't always get what you want but you'll find sometimes you get what you need".

sheao
30/07/2009, 10:09 PM
Tomorrow is make or break for Cork City football club! I really hope that we can survive somehow,this club means a lot to the people of Cork and should it fold it would break a lot of people's hearts.

micls
30/07/2009, 10:10 PM
Tomorrow is make or break for Cork City football club! I really hope that we can survive somehow,this club means a lot to the people of Cork and should it fold it would break a lot of people's hearts.

Cork City Football Club won't be folding tomorrow, Cork City Investments FC Limited might.

El Paso
30/07/2009, 10:12 PM

Don't want to be mean but, if that's the case, why are you averaging 2,000 fans a match?

Dunny
30/07/2009, 10:20 PM
If CCFC survive tomorrow, what penalties(if any) would be imposed on ye?

micls
30/07/2009, 10:21 PM

No idea, and tbh at the moment, couldn't care less

redgav
30/07/2009, 10:26 PM

feckinhell do you think any of us seriously gives a rats arse ..."Yes ,the quadruple heart bypass,and your liver & kidney transplant were a total success,but i'm afraid we lost a pubic hair forever "

Dunny
30/07/2009, 10:26 PM
No idea, and tbh at the moment, couldn't care less

True. Good luck tomorrow.

don ramo
30/07/2009, 10:29 PM
ah sweet jesus like, its like a soap opera, if city are saved tomrow (which going by whats being said is likely), that will only be the revenue out of the way, what about the 30 or 40 other creditors that are also owed thousands, surely if the revenue get there money, theyll also want theres,

i really thought this would be sorted tomorow, the club would fold, with all its debth erased, then FORAS could start up a new debth free cork city,

the fund they have would easily get them out of A league in the first year, and then the majority of the fan base would return, and more or less guarantee a return to prem football within 3 years,

why spend the next 6 years recovering when you could build a new club and get it to where the current one is in half the time

A N Mouse
30/07/2009, 10:35 PM
Do Quintas not fly big aeroplanes to, from and around Australia??

I don't think so. No. Definitely not.

QANTAS. QANTAS never crashed.

Definitely.

Sheridan
30/07/2009, 10:41 PM
"I'm an excellent chairman."

da bishop
30/07/2009, 11:12 PM
You're joking right?

Apart from Danny coming in to give half time team talks which amounted to him bollocking out the players for only drawing at that minute and threatening to not pay their wages unless they win he also did things like withhold the Limerick FC name after the FAI (unfairly, but thats another matter) got rid of him and our club as well.

Oh and he once went around the ground looking for me personal ('Who's this Jebus character?') to throw me out of Hogan Park and bar me from home games. Why? Because I didn't agree with his methods as our chairman and said so on this very site (he was signed up here for a while, pretending not to be Danny Drew even though we all knew who he was). I wasn't alone in having that happen to me either.

Cork should let the club fold, start up again with FORAS next year and move up from the A Championship over time. With Drew you'd be postponing this charade until next year when it all goes tits up againi remember that,strange thing about it was there were plenty in the ground saddened he didn,t succeed in throwing you out.

Hairy Bowsie
30/07/2009, 11:17 PM
I've this awful feeling TMB will manage to scrape the money together.

The Lep
31/07/2009, 4:20 AM
"I'm an excellent chairman."

You were a great secretary :D

Buile Shuibhne
31/07/2009, 6:43 AM
Quintas are financial advisors who will be dealing with the revenue for Tom.

They will be offering 220k up front and the Celtic friendly basically.

Out of the total 439k owed to Revenue, Tom Coughlan is claiming that part of if is calculated (by Revenue) from tax due on back-money he paid to players/staff from last year/pre-examinership?

How much is from last year and how much accrued post-examinership?

razor
31/07/2009, 7:42 AM
Theres light at the end of the tunnel.
96FM news down here reporting that Coughlan has stepped down.

EDIT : false alarm, Coughlan said he will stepped down if requested to by the Revenue (but his lips were moving)

razor
31/07/2009, 7:56 AM
How much is from last year and how much accrued post-examinership?
City said their figure was €239,416 but the revenue had a figure of €327,279 and that another €241,000 has been accumulated since March.
So you could say the difference might be that from last year.

Mayo Red
31/07/2009, 8:17 AM
According to the report on Today FM this morning, Cork are set to offer in the region of €220,000 to the Revenue today and are hoping that the proposed friendly with Celtic in August or September will raise more cash, if City are in existence by then that is!

micls
31/07/2009, 8:54 AM
Taken from our forum:

According to the Irish Star today, we're on the verge of our greatest victory ever:

- FAI have given the club a letter with an advance payment of €45,000 from league and Setanta Cup prize money
- Celtic friendly
- Tom Coughlan's political connections have proved crucial in gaining support from the FAI and the government

razor
31/07/2009, 9:00 AM
Tom Coughlan's political connectionsAsbo Billy has come in handy for something.
Still want him gone though.

micls
31/07/2009, 9:01 AM
Asbo Billy has come in handy for something.
Still want him gone though.

Of course.

shep
31/07/2009, 9:09 AM
Taken from our forum:

According to the Irish Star today, we're on the verge of our greatest victory ever:

- FAI have given the club a letter with an advance payment of €45,000 from league and Setanta Cup prize money
- Celtic friendly
- Tom Coughlan's political connections have proved crucial in gaining support from the FAI and the government

Great news if you survive!!!! Will that be the end of it,as in no relegation or points deduction???

micls
31/07/2009, 9:09 AM
Great news if you survive!!!! Will that be the end of it,as in no relegation or points deduction???

No idea.

White Horse
31/07/2009, 9:15 AM
If Cork City are just bringing forward revenue (Setanta money from FAI) or delaying expenditure (wages), how is this going to convince a judge that they are now solvent.

Any person with financial knowledge would see that this is going to cause bankcruptcy in a few weeks or months.

They are still loss making and this will continue with their current playing staff. Have they discussed large pay reductions with the players yet?

Cork need new money to pay this debt. The friendly with Celtic is a small step in the right direction.

micls
31/07/2009, 9:19 AM
If Cork City are just bringing forward revenue (Setanta money from FAI) or delaying expenditure (wages), how is this going to convince a judge that they are now solvent.

Any person with financial knowledge would see that this is going to cause bankcruptcy in a few weeks or months.

They are still loss making and this will continue with their current playing staff. Have they discussed large pay reductions with the players yet?

Cork need new money to pay this debt. The friendly with Celtic is a small step in the right direction.

We dont have to convince a judge, just the revenue.

Also the plan is to slash outgoings, not to continue with the current playing staff afaik.

tippex
31/07/2009, 9:30 AM
lets not forget the reported small matter of deferred wages dues next week.

Mr A
31/07/2009, 9:37 AM
You really, really have to wonder why Coughlan didn't get his act together and make a more serious attempt to save the club earlier!

The players contracts are still there though if the club survives today, so cost cutting may not be all that easy. Still it's good to hear that those in charge at CCFC finally seem to grasp the seriousness of what's going on.

micls
31/07/2009, 9:38 AM
You really, really have to wonder why Coughlan didn't get his act together and make a more serious attempt to save the club earlier!

The players contracts are still there though if the club survives today, so cost cutting may not be all that easy. Still it's good to hear that those in charge at CCFC finally seem to grasp the seriousness of what's going on.

I don't trust Coughlan to do anything right, but at least it gives us a chance to try to get rid of the langer and do things properly

Buile Shuibhne
31/07/2009, 9:40 AM
We dont have to convince a judge, just the revenue.

Also the plan is to slash outgoings, not to continue with the current playing staff afaik.

But it was Revenue who applied to have CCFC wound up in the first place.

They're the ones playing hardball.

It was the judge who gave CCFC extra time etc to try and help you out.

Revenue will be much harder to deal with especially after been messed about already by TNB

micls
31/07/2009, 9:41 AM
But it was Revenue who applied to have CCFC wound up in the first place.

They're the ones playing hardball.

It was the judge who gave CCFC extra time etc to try and help you out.

Revenue will be much harder to deal with especially after been messed about alreay by TNB
I never said any differently. I'm just clarifying.

Buile Shuibhne
31/07/2009, 9:43 AM
I never said any differently. I'm just clarifying.

"We dont have to convince a judge, just the revenue." infers that Revenue would be easier to deal with than the Judge.

micls
31/07/2009, 9:45 AM
"We dont have to convince a judge, just the revenue." infers that Revenue would be easier to deal with than the Judge.
No, it doesn't.

The 'just' refers to only having to convince one party rather than 2 given the judge will go with the revenues decision.

Someone stated we had to convince a judge, Im clarifying we don't. If you're reading something else into that, then that's your own issue.

Ezeikial
31/07/2009, 9:57 AM
I must admit I am really confused by the current suggested developments.

I can understand that Cork fans have enormous emotional attachment to the current club, especially the players and staff, and from a short term perspective would like to remain in existence and rebuild from within the premier division.

But I wonder does this emotion cloud judgement, and if the better alternative (short, medium and long term) is to re-start debt free with a FORAS run entity in the A Championship.

Perhaps this will all be irrelevant shortly - I am curious to know what the attitudes are from within FORAS.

micls
31/07/2009, 9:58 AM
I must admit I am really confused by the current suggested developments.

I can understand that Cork fans have enormous emotional attachment to the current club, especially the players and staff, and from a short term perspective would like to remain in existence and rebuild from within the premier division.

But I wonder does this emotion cloud judgement, and if the better alternative (short, medium and long term) is to re-start debt free with a FORAS run entity in the A Championship.

Perhaps this will all be irrelevant shortly - I am curious to know what the attitude are from within FORAS.

The attitude within FORAS is to do everything possible to save the company today. Then work towards taking it over

Ezeikial
31/07/2009, 9:59 AM
The attitude within FORAS is to do everything possible to save the company today. Then work towards taking it over

Are there any dissenting voices on this strategy?

micls
31/07/2009, 10:02 AM
Are there any dissenting voices on this strategy?

No. There are of course people who think it might be better for the compan to be liquidated, some that arent sure etc, but everyone has rowed in behind this for the 2 days that was in it.

We can worry about everything else afterwards.

passerrby
31/07/2009, 10:08 AM

do you not think thats exactly the reason ccfc are in the trouble there in

micls
31/07/2009, 10:10 AM
do you not think thats exactly the reason ccfc are in the trouble there in

Eh, no. I think we're in the trouble we're in because we have a langer in charge who made the club unsustainable and insolvent with the highest budget in the league.

I don't see how saying that worrying about our possible a championship team next season can wait til after a courtcase which will decide if we need to go that route is in any way comparable.

Ezeikial
31/07/2009, 10:10 AM
No. There are of course people who think it might be better for the compan to be liquidated, some that arent sure etc, but everyone has rowed in behind this for the 2 days that was in it.

If all within FORAS are rowing in behind this approach, even if some disagree, it says alot about the members that will put unity ahead of ego.

I wish you well, admire your passion as a group, and trust that whatever way the ball bounces, that Cork City will be a stronger, more sustainable club when it come out the other side

eamo1
31/07/2009, 10:11 AM
Is'nt there strickter penalties for clubs in Cork's position now.20 pts deduction etc.I assume they will also be putting out a youth team for the rest of the season.Thats IF they survive and IF they dont relegated.I DONT want to see them go out of business but there has to be repercussion's.