PDA

View Full Version : Cork City denied a licence; club to be wound up; FORAS to enter First Division

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76

Ezeikial
27/12/2009, 6:00 PM
Who'd have thought that last year's candidate of Billy Morgan would end up looking a good option.

I hear that Steven Spielberg, who has bought up the movie rights, is insisting on Sean Connor with Dave Rogers as assistant manager. Billy Morgan as kitman.

MariborKev
27/12/2009, 8:41 PM
Ezekial,

I heard Andrew Lloyd Webber is in advanced discussions with TV3 for a new show called "How do you solve a problem like Roddy?"

dcfc1928
27/12/2009, 10:14 PM
Anybody else think that Roddy wont get to be in charge for one single game?

Mr A
27/12/2009, 10:23 PM
Yep!! Certainly not a premier one anyway.

dcfcsteve
28/12/2009, 12:48 AM
Anybody else think that Roddy wont get to be in charge for one single game?

Here's hoping....

Martinho II
28/12/2009, 6:01 PM
"Suspended skipper Julien Briffa refused to comment on the current head Coach situation, only that the club committee and executive were working hard to solve the problem. Asked if the players feel betrayed by Collins he would only say "He didn't regard too many of us highly as players and at times tried to get us to leave the club. He told Orosco that none of us would be good enough to get our game with Longford Town, I heard this and asked why not. But didn't get an answer. But out club is bigger than one person."

Now I can overlook most things he's done, but this time he's gone just too far!

If I lay my hands on that mobster Collins.:mad:. just because we were brave enough to reject him..:)

Martinho II
28/12/2009, 6:03 PM
Yeah he made an approach with some mates of his almost two years ago. They weren't able to come up with proof that they had any money though and he was pretty much left in little doubt by the supporters he wasn't wanted. It obviously hurt him more deeply than he was letting on!.

It was in april 2008 when it happened not long after the season started...

sheao
28/12/2009, 9:51 PM
It is in another thread, but Roddy according to today's star wnats to bring Glen Crowe and Liam Kearney to City .

Doomofman
28/12/2009, 10:44 PM
It is in another thread, but Roddy according to today's star wnats to bring Glen Crowe and Liam Kearney to City .

You mean failure and misery to City?

razor
29/12/2009, 8:57 AM
You mean failure and misery to City?Or in this case Pudding and Peanut

weecountyman
29/12/2009, 11:04 AM
Got this overnight from Malta, seems a bit confusing but probably makes sense to someone in the FAI.

Yesterday morning, Monday 28th December, Floriana began official proceedings to ensure their case for compensation is heard in the highest quarters. The MFA have stated that Collins, Roderick is still coach of Premier League side Floriana F.C. and this has been transmitted to the Football Association of Ireland (FAI)and UEFA. The FAI were unavailable for comment this afternoon as they are currently closed until after the New Year. Cork City F.C. are likewise closed until the New Year, as told by a club supporter by phone from Dublin. Floriana F.C. released a statement to the Maltese media this morning that laid out the claim for compensation and evidentially refuted the "facts" put forward by Collins in the Irish media. A senior club official who for procedural reasons cannot be named offered "Mr. Collins is facing a very serious case of slander. He deliberately and with extreme malice did set out to drag Floriana F.C. down into the dirt with him and this behaviour has been his undoing. He already faces a warrant for failure to pay outstanding bills here in Malta and this will be enforced should he return and will be pursued through the Irish system. He cannot simply run away on debts and obligations in such a manner."

l-Orrizzont special report 29/12/09

I've asked if this "warrant" is up to much but was told that it's over not paying parking fines and domestic bills. Apparently a couple of plastic bags of Louis Copelands finest is sitting in a garage belonging to Roddy's former landlord in Malta!

Longfordian
29/12/2009, 12:11 PM
I don't see a European Arrest Warrant being issued for not paying his parking fines somehow but I'd love if it was.

pineapple stu
29/12/2009, 12:39 PM
Can we get a Floriana avatar or forum or something? Definitely my Maltese team now.

weecountyman
29/12/2009, 12:40 PM
I don't see a European Arrest Warrant being issued for not paying his parking fines somehow but I'd love if it was.

That's what I thought as soon as I saw it, I think it's just a case that if he steps back into the country he'll be in the clink :D What price would anyone give on Cork being drawn with a Maltese side in the summer ??? :p

Mr A
29/12/2009, 12:49 PM
Can we get a Floriana avatar or forum or something? Definitely my Maltese team now.

You can if you're a member. See the super-cool secret and privileged members only forum for the image location :)

Longfordian
29/12/2009, 1:03 PM
That's what I thought as soon as I saw it, I think it's just a case that if he steps back into the country he'll be in the clink :D What price would anyone give on Cork being drawn with a Maltese side in the summer ??? :p

Any odds you like I reckon. There'll be no European football for Roddy and Tom.

You can if you're a member. See the super-cool secret and privileged members only forum for the image location :)

The things you can see and do in there. Cheap at twice the price. Reading people's PMs is a particular favourite perk.

gotaroundbetter
29/12/2009, 1:19 PM

I'll nip down to Azzurri Waterford and pick you up a Floriana shirt in the factory shop
How many X's you wearing Stu :D

weecountyman
29/12/2009, 1:43 PM
I'll nip down to Azzurri Waterford and pick you up a Floriana shirt in the factory shop
How many X's you wearing Stu :D

I think they changed the supplier thanks to Roddy. He was looking for a private deal with Azzurri to wear their gear and when he didn't get it wore some Italian gear and the club lost the contract! Really, I think it's something mad like that. My mate bought replica shirts with Azzurri on them, then for Christmas ordered new ones and was told they've changed because of what I just said. Bit of a shame as the gear looks the business.

Northern Light
30/12/2009, 11:44 PM
ah - over 24 hours and nothing happening on the City thread - maybe its all going to be ok!

weecountyman
31/12/2009, 11:13 AM
ah - over 24 hours and nothing happening on the City thread - maybe its all going to be ok!

hehe, for who? I think Roddy's at the Louis Copeland sale today :D

My buddy is home for NYE and was at a supporters rally on Saturday in Floriana, so it'll be interesting to see how things are. I'll stick up an update on the Maltese tomorrow, or if tonight is very good, the day after tomorrow :)

rambler14
31/12/2009, 11:41 AM
Dan Murray and Danny Murphy signed for Shamrock Rovers yesterday.

tiktok
31/12/2009, 11:42 AM
Dan Murray and Danny Murphy signed for Shamrock Rovers yesterday.

No, they didn't.

rambler14
31/12/2009, 11:47 AM
Sorry they didn't. Billy Barry acting the b0llocks again on 96fm.

tiktok
31/12/2009, 11:52 AM
Sorry they didn't. Billy Barry acting the b0llocks again on 96fm.

I think people actually feed him stories to see if he'll do any research or just run with them.

A bit like the time the Echo got caught out when Dave Rodgers rang them [under Greg O'Halloran's guidance] pretending to be a Preston journalist that Neil Mellor was signing [cue a back page spread].

Both lads want to stay in Cork but i wouldn't be surprised if this came true eventually anyway. Murray certainly was offered a contract at Rovers, but seems to be seeing what happens next down here.

weecountyman
01/01/2010, 3:25 PM
Got the lowdown(-ish) from Malta. The club held a meeting with players after the Valletta loss and read out, this isn't verbatim, the following.
1. Roddy broke his contract by a. approaching other clubs (Cork wasn't the first, he'd also contact Pats and Dundalk). He admitted that HE called tom Coughlan about taking over as he had "big money" behind him. b. Two of the Floriana investors gave notarised affidavits to the club stating that Roddy had asked them to "pull out" of Malta and join him in Cork. c. Signing a contract with another club while still under contract with Floriana. d. Cork told Floriana that Roddy "swore blind" he was a free agent and that no matter what he was able to sign with them, however in order to sign Cork should have asked for a release from Floriana, they didn't.

2. The MFA have written to UEFA and FIFA, as well as copying the FAI, regarding the illegality of the move as Roddy is still the registered coach of Floriana.

3. 2 players from Floriana (1 ex player) gave signed affidavits stating that they'd been tapped up to join Cork BEFORE Roddy's last game. The agent of one of the players, Sunday Wasiu, also gave a notarised statement offering the same.

4. Roddy has 1 week to write a letter of apology retracting his false allegations made to the media.

5. Roddy has 1 week in which to organise his compensation (Cork have said it's nothing to do with them).

And that pretty much is that, only that Roddy faces a 2 year ban from football, Cork (for signing him without requesting or receiving a release form) will be fined between €30,000-€100,000 and banned from UEFA competitions for 1 year, and both will be subject to further criminal, civil and FAI proceedings. The local l-Orizzont newspaper in Malta had a statement from the General Secretary of the MFA (but it's not online until tomorrow) regarding the punishment.

Personally I think it's a lot of fuss over very little. If he wants to go to Cork so badly there's no reason why not, I think it's just the manner of the move that grates. And if Cork come up with a decent compo package and Roddy apologises then it's game on for City.

pineapple stu
01/01/2010, 3:27 PM
Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaa!

The Lilywhites
01/01/2010, 3:34 PM
Cork (for signing him without requesting or receiving a release form) will be fined between €30,000-€100,000 and banned from UEFA competitions for 1 year, and both will be subject to further criminal, civil and FAI proceedings.

Europe, here we come :)

Mr_Parker
01/01/2010, 3:47 PM
Someone mentioned making this into a film. It would be an epic!!

weecountyman
01/01/2010, 4:04 PM
Europe, here we come :)

I was thinking the same myself! :D But maybe we'd lose out because of the Fair Play element :p

Mr. Parker, I'd readily buy a year diary of the season in Malta, just to know what happened behind the scenes. What I'd give to know how team talks went!

Captain2007
01/01/2010, 4:05 PM
Someone mentioned making this into a film. It would be an epic!!

Yeah and call it "Escape from Malta" starring Rodney Collins & Del Boy Coughlin :D

weecountyman
01/01/2010, 4:28 PM
"The Runaway Boss", Directed by and Starring Roddy Collins, Finance thanks to Coughlan Enterprises "We gets the job done boy"

juan
01/01/2010, 7:49 PM
Have heard from a reliable source that Shels have been told to prepare for the premier division.

Hibs4Ever
01/01/2010, 7:52 PM
Have heard from a reliable source that Shels have been told to prepare for the premier division.

Why would they be? Bray are next in line

tiktok
01/01/2010, 7:55 PM

You're assuming that only Cork are in trouble there!

thischarmingman
01/01/2010, 7:58 PM
http://images.paraorkut.com/img/funnypics/images/l/lol_cat-12926.jpg

gael353
01/01/2010, 8:00 PM

Ive been told that two first div clubs are to prepare, and neiter are us :rolleyes:as we dont have a stadium

blackholesun
01/01/2010, 8:20 PM

Wouldnt be surprised ...

I heard from a reliable source that actually three clubs were placed under the transfer embargo last season but only bohs name was leaked.

The 65% rule could yet bite some other teams in the ass.

bhs

pineapple stu
01/01/2010, 8:44 PM
86 pages in and stuff can still come completely out of left field at you!

Gotta love this league.

Roo69
01/01/2010, 8:59 PM

Dead right ! why unearth would Shels be picked ahead of Shels to into the Premier IF Cork go down/bust or what ever... Over the past 4/5 seasons Bray's record on and off the picth is surely much better than Shels.

I'd reckon the only reason Shels went into the Premier ahead of Bray is if that Bray asked not to be given a place in it.

pineapple stu
01/01/2010, 9:01 PM
Or read the post straight after the one you quoted...

monkey9
01/01/2010, 9:27 PM
This is the greatest soap opera around. I feel sorry for the fans, but damn, this is entertaining stuff.

Anyone have any idea of the other club who could be in trouble if two 1st division clubs are asked to prepare for the top league?

passerrby
01/01/2010, 10:15 PM
This is the greatest soap opera around. I feel sorry for the fans, but damn, this is entertaining stuff.

Anyone have any idea of the other club who could be in trouble if two 1st division clubs are asked to prepare for the top league?

dont know but could the sun go down on a certain bay

gael353
01/01/2010, 10:18 PM
dont know but could the sun go down on a certain bay

ooooooo smoken! ;)

weecountyman
02/01/2010, 6:21 AM
Galway down? Pretty disappointing as they seem to be getting things right off the park. It's not their fault if the local council are so full of the arts (or a similiar Father Jack word) that they don't realise the benefits sports bring to the city and region. If the local council supported GUFC and Connacht Rugby just a little bit there would be a lot more sunshine out west. Instead of smelly beardy types pretending to be intelligent so that they can seduce women, or men, or goats or whatever they're into. Rant over!

Mad Moose
02/01/2010, 9:16 AM
Ezekial,

I heard Andrew Lloyd Webber is in advanced discussions with TV3 for a new show called "How do you solve a problem like Roddy?"

I doubt there's any truth in this at all. I mean TV3 producing their own programme. It'll never happen. ;)

**FrOsTy**
02/01/2010, 9:30 AM
Happy days!!

Derry
02/01/2010, 9:34 AM

Wouldnt be surprised ...

I heard from a reliable source that actually three clubs were placed under the transfer embargo last season but only bohs name was leaked.

The 65% rule could yet bite some other teams in the ass.

bhs
So you both have been talking to the same person. Is there any other type of 'source'?

Mad Moose
02/01/2010, 9:35 AM
IN-NAZZJON Newspaper 24/12/09

Wasiu, the fan hero for this season, said Collins asked him to join Cork before the Msida game through his agent. "I am happy in Malta, my wife and my daughter too. Roddy has been not

constant here and I think has problems in his mind as we found out he was not telling the truth."

Mark Chetcuti

There's really no limit to what you can quote when it comes to Roddy and while it doesn't sound like Waisu meant it as it reads there this is the one thing (in bold above) that has always struck me about Roddy. Its complete unadulterated narcissism and you'll never find a better example. It has got him places financially in that it gets him into jobs his he would never ever be considered for otherwise and got him on the RTE wage bill.

This thread is incredible and comparable to the very best soap opera TV could ever throw at us. A film is a must provided no royalties go Roddy's way because you could't make this stuff up. I knew little other than what I read of Coughlan before this but the appointment of Collins, despite him been in contract and the financial cauldon the club are in, is provision of gantry and rope for the club to step forward to.

As echoed previously I feel sorry for Cork City and Floriana but less so for Floriana. They must count getting rid of this waster as a blessing in the long run and they may whistle for compensation but I hope they push it and get it.

The Lilywhites
02/01/2010, 9:03 PM
I thought Galway were the best run club in Ireland? :confused:

Doomofman
02/01/2010, 9:06 PM
I thought Galway were the best run club in Ireland? :confused:

Sarcasm right?