PDA

View Full Version : Cork City denied a licence; club to be wound up; FORAS to enter First Division

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76

Leeside Swagger
18/10/2009, 3:56 PM
From the live updates on the city website on Friday night. Yet another disgruntled employee perhaps?

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/8266/whathappenswhenyoudontp.jpg

Mr A
18/10/2009, 4:16 PM
WTF??

A face
18/10/2009, 4:25 PM
WTF??

You can just about anything with this (http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/compare/)

dcfcsteve
18/10/2009, 5:18 PM
Well, not paying players and staff for one. Not being fully tax compliant is another.

Don't break any league rules at the moment.

Try again....

Leeside Swagger
18/10/2009, 5:26 PM
You can just about anything with this (http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/compare/)

:confused:

I really dont have that much time on my hands....Anyone who was following it online would have seen it.

Celdrog
18/10/2009, 6:40 PM
:confused:

I really dont have that much time on my hands....Anyone who was following it online would have seen it.I knew that rang a bell on Friday night.

http://foot.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=126145&page=5

dcfcsteve - there's one rule they've broken:D - not allowed to say bold things like that on the official website.

Leejo
18/10/2009, 7:14 PM

http://foot.ie/forums/showpost.php?p=1251930&postcount=78

The Betting Man
19/10/2009, 3:19 PM
Any news if the players got paid or not today?

brianw82
19/10/2009, 4:14 PM
Heard from a mate at work, who heard on Newstalk, that the players are balloting for strike action today.

Can anyone confirm?

Longfordian
19/10/2009, 4:22 PM
Their deadline for payment was 4 p.m today but no definite news on Cork forum as yet.

micls
19/10/2009, 4:24 PM
Heard from a mate at work, who heard on Newstalk, that the players are balloting for strike action today.

Can anyone confirm?
They already balloted and voted for strike action and have given notice for tomorrow night should the deadline not be met.

Leeside Swagger
19/10/2009, 5:06 PM
Players were not paid today according to newstalk. Looks like the strike will go ahead.

RĂ©iteoir
19/10/2009, 6:54 PM
So that would mean them not fulfilling the Rovers game tomorrow up in Tallaght?

If so - and the FAI apply their rules correctly - then Rovers will be handed a 3-0 win.

Interesting times indeed

Jicked
19/10/2009, 7:05 PM
And Rovers will also have to refund all tickets they've sold for a crucial game, having just sold nearly 5,000 tickets for their last game against Drogheda.

centre mid
19/10/2009, 7:08 PM
Supporters forum seem to suggest that the deadline has been extended, so it looks like they will travel.

jebus
19/10/2009, 7:16 PM
Supporters forum seem to suggest that the deadline has been extended, so it looks like they will travel.

Jesus Christ

This is why I've fallen out of love with football this year. Hey the club is gone to hell and they clearly are sinking fast but lets extend deadlines all over the place, make the league seem like even more of a joke than it already is and hopefully good things will happen to people with good intentions.

And this is what Limerick are aiming to get into :(

brianw82
19/10/2009, 7:19 PM
They'll have the money "tomorrow morning" according to MNS.

Trouble is that tomorrow is always one day away.

Dodge
19/10/2009, 7:34 PM
Jesus Christ

This is why I've fallen out of love with football this year. Hey the club is gone to hell and they clearly are sinking fast but lets extend deadlines all over the place, make the league seem like even more of a joke than it already is and hopefully good things will happen to people with good intentions.

And this is what Limerick are aiming to get into :(

Cork players are at dispute, and Cork players ave extended their deadline. Nothing much to do with Limerick

jebus
19/10/2009, 8:19 PM
Cork players are at dispute, and Cork players ave extended their deadline. Nothing much to do with Limerick

No but you'll forgive me for thinking that if Cork, Galway, Bohs, Derry etc. can't make a go of it without ruining their club (or at least getting into serious bother) than we wouldn't fare much better in the top flight

The Lep
19/10/2009, 8:36 PM
Would cork city agree to extend deadlines if money was owed to them?
points should have been docked with every deadline extension given to them, maybe they would have coughed up money owed a bit quicker.

sheao
19/10/2009, 9:01 PM
Not the right way to go about preparing for a game still pending on a strike the morning of the match. I will be supporting the players 100% if they were to strike but hopefully it won't come to that.

tallaghtfornia
19/10/2009, 9:10 PM
Genuinely cant see Cork travelling. Dont have the money at any stage today yet will have it tomorrow morning?? I expect pickets to appear at TC in morning and (unfortunately) Rovers will get a 3 nil win and 3 points.

micls
19/10/2009, 9:12 PM
Genuinely cant see Cork travelling. Dont have the money at any stage today yet will have it tomorrow morning?? I expect pickets to appear at TC in morning and (unfortunately) Rovers will get a 3 nil win and 3 points.

The only possible way the money could be there tomorrow but not today is if someones transferring it to him...and it hasnt cleared.

Doubtful though.

Hopefully they follow through

Mr A
19/10/2009, 9:12 PM
TNB always seems to scrape through at the last moment, no reason yet to think this will be different.

micls
19/10/2009, 9:14 PM
TNB always seems to scrape through at the last moment, no reason yet to think this will be different.

Well its easier to do when people keep giving you extra 'last minutes'....

They claimed theyd strike if they didnt have the money by 4 today. TNBs laughing away knowing he'l get away with it again and again

James
19/10/2009, 9:15 PM
The only possible way the money could be there tomorrow but not today is if someones transferring it to him...and it hasnt cleared.

Doubtful though.

maybe thats why he's swilling in the trough in a plush limerick hotel right now, while pretty much every media outlet / FAI / PFAI are trying to contact him.. he's busy trying to beg / borrow / steal so money from ppl to pay his way tomorrow morning!!

dcfcsteve
19/10/2009, 9:15 PM
No but you'll forgive me for thinking that if Cork, Galway, Bohs, Derry etc. can't make a go of it without ruining their club (or at least getting into serious bother) than we wouldn't fare much better in the top flight

I'll save you the bother.

You won't fare very well in the top flight. :D

If you're lucky enough to finally make it there.... ;)

jebus
19/10/2009, 9:17 PM
Micls you always seem to be one of the more sensible Corkies on here so I'll ask you this

What do you think is the best possible way for Cork to get out of this?

Keep plugging away? Disband and come back as another club? Accept a demotion to the First Division perhaps and start from there?

Genuinely would like to know, I'm unsure of how bad it actually is down there for your lot at the moment

EDIT: just noticed the tags :D:D

micls
19/10/2009, 9:22 PM
Micls you always seem to be one of the more sensible Corkies on here so I'll ask you this

Keep plugging away? Disband and come back as another club? Accept a demotion to the First Division perhaps and start from there?

Genuinely would like to know, I'm unsure of how bad it actually is down there for your lot at the moment

Basically there's only 2 options. If Coughlan is around next season the club wont be.

1) Takeover by someone else, with FORAS involved(most seem to realise at this stage theyl have to deal with us)

2) Liquidation and buy the name, carry on with the youths and enter A championship.

If Foras get a decent share, over 5%, then I could cope with option 1 and its probably more palatable for most fans as the A championship is a depressing thought. Tbh wouldnt be too bothered if it were premier or first division, either way the club jsut needs to be run properly and sustainably.

Option 2 is dodgy, not only does it mean a lot of people losing their jobs, but theres no guarantee FORAS wouldnt be outbid for the name and we could end up with some other clown of an owner and be back here in a year.

So, i guess i havnt really answered the question at all :D

My preference overall, longterm, is a fans owned club, with at least a majority shareholding. The best way to bring this about is what were working on figuring out.

On the dont know how bad is is part, it cant get much worse.

If anyone does figure it out, send me a pm :D

dcfcsteve
19/10/2009, 9:26 PM

EDIT: just noticed the tags :D:D

I'm not Micls, but personally I'd suggest that it should be clear to everyone now that Coughlan has to go and the fans need to take over.

The key to making this happen now, rather than some messy licensing refusal or face-off in the off-season, would appear to be for the players to actually go on strike for a game. Or at least for them to come out and take a stand to force him out. The fans aren't being listened to.

If Cork are facing these sort of problems now during the season, where will they find any money off-season to pay for players, staff etc ? :confused:

dcfcsteve
19/10/2009, 9:30 PM
Basically there's only 2 options. If Coughlan is around next season the club wont be.

1) Takeover by someone else, with FORAS involved(most seem to realise at this stage theyl have to deal with us)

2) Liquidation and buy the name, carry on with the youths and enter A championship.

If Foras get a decent share, over 5%, then I could cope with option 1 and its probably more palatable for most fans as the A championship is a depressing thought. Tbh wouldnt be too bothered if it were premier or first division, either way the club jsut needs to be run properly and sustainably.

Option 2 is dodgy, not only does it mean a lot of people losing their jobs, but theres no guarantee FORAS wouldnt be outbid for the name and we could end up with some other clown of an owner and be back here in a year.

So, i guess i havnt really answered the question at all :D

My preference overall, longterm, is a fans owned club, with at least a majority shareholding. The best way to bring this about is what were working on figuring out.

On the dont know how bad is is part, it cant get much worse.

If anyone does figure it out, send me a pm :D

The name bit isn't all that important. Just like Limerick or AFC Wimbledon- there are ways round it.

The license is the key thing. If the FAI are effectively showing 'favouritism' towards FORAS in all of this, then it may be difficult/pointless for anyone else to come along and buy the name. The name means nothing without the license.

tallaghtfornia
19/10/2009, 9:34 PM

Doubtful though.

Sorry mate but it dont take a week to transfer money. TC will just keep going at his pace because the players (rightly or wrongly) continue to crumble when it comes to deadlines and are just puppets at this stage!!

Northern Light
19/10/2009, 9:36 PM
If you need to kill some time waiting for the players to decide what they are going to do:

http://www.punchinthefacebook.com/punch/cork/tommy-no-bobs

micls
19/10/2009, 9:38 PM
The name bit isn't all that important. Just like Limerick or AFC Wimbledon- there are ways round it.

The license is the key thing. If the FAI are effectively showing 'favouritism' towards FORAS in all of this, then it may be difficult/pointless for anyone else to come along and buy the name. The name means nothing without the license.

For us and our fans, the name and the youths teams are key. We support CCFC not anyone else. The license can come next, an A championship license application from a team called CCFC run by the fans running the youth teams will be looked on favourably ive no doubt

Sorry mate but it dont take a week to transfer money. TC will just keep going at his pace because the players (rightly or wrongly) continue to crumble when it comes to deadlines and are just puppets at this stage!!

A week? Where'd you get a week from? :confused: someone could have sent him money Friday like

SkStu
19/10/2009, 9:40 PM

sounds like you'd like the players to take a stand and strike for tomorrows game Tallaghtfornia...? :)

jebus
19/10/2009, 9:42 PM
For us and our fans, the name and the youths teams are key. We support CCFC not anyone else. The license can come next, an A championship license application from a team called CCFC run by the fans running the youth teams will be looked on favourably ive no doubt

You'd be surprised how quickly that attitude changes when you lose the name :)

micls
19/10/2009, 9:44 PM
You'd be surprised how quickly that attitude changes when you lose the name :)

I can understand that, but I know our membership has no interest in anything else, now anyway.

After the last 2 years, we'd also lose a lot of core support if people didnt perceive it to be the same club.

gael353
19/10/2009, 10:22 PM
lets face one fact though, coughlan isnt gonna pay the players or one other cent of debt for the rest of the season so expect the fai to pay the players. and foras....that will be the extent of their support so accept no promises. but even if foras are involved next year they still need a big money backer so its the A or first division for city i feel.

tiktok
19/10/2009, 10:42 PM
lets face one fact though, coughlan isnt gonna pay the players or one other cent of debt for the rest of the season so expect the fai to pay the players. and foras....that will be the extent of their support so accept no promises. but even if foras are involved next year they still need a big money backer so its the A or first division for city i feel.

FORAS aren't there to pay the players, why should supporters cover Coughlan's debts?
The Trust established a hardship fund in association with the PFAI, that's there to provide bridging loans to players who need it.

The 2nd part of your post, I don't know where to start but that 'white knight' nonsense drives me dememnted, it's such a cop-out.

WoodquayBoy
19/10/2009, 10:48 PM
If you need to kill some time waiting for the players to decide what they are going to do:

http://www.punchinthefacebook.com/punch/cork/tommy-no-bobs
Thanks, actually enjoyed that!

Acornvilla
19/10/2009, 11:08 PM
Thanks, actually enjoyed that!
we should have a who punched tom the most competition i did 200:D

dcfcsteve
20/10/2009, 1:40 AM
I can understand that, but I know our membership has no interest in anything else, now anyway.

After the last 2 years, we'd also lose a lot of core support if people didnt perceive it to be the same club.

Micls - I've asked you (or another Cork fan on here anyway) this before.

If Cork had to do a Limerick - i.e. be called something random for 5mins whilst the club gets wrestled off of Coughlan, before changing itself back to CCFC - then what would be the issue with that ? :confused:

RoversHead
20/10/2009, 9:59 AM
AFC and then drop the A whenever. Cork City AFC OR AFC Cork City as DCFCSTE said the A can be dropped 5 minutes after the carpet bagger is gone.

brianw82
20/10/2009, 10:28 AM
RTE now says that if the money isn't in the players' accounts by 4pm, they won't travel. But, surely they'd already have to be on the road by that time?:confused:

tallaghtfornia
20/10/2009, 10:28 AM
A week? Where'd you get a week from? :confused: someone could have sent him money Friday like

They gave strike notice 1 WEEK ago and they are still standing around less than 2 hours until this deadline (which was moved) and you think Coughlan might be waiting for money to be transferred??

I, under no circumstances want Cork to strike as I want Rovers to have a go at winning this league without any walkover, asterix, or points deduction.

tallaghtfornia
20/10/2009, 10:32 AM
RTE now says that if the money isn't in the players' accounts by 4pm, they won't travel. But, surely they'd already have to be on the road by that time?:confused:

This is getting beyond a joke, nobody can find Coughlan and the deadlines mean sod all. Would CCFC not need to give more notice to the FAI/Rovers if they were not gonna play tonight instead of leaving it until 4pm to decide??

Celdrog
20/10/2009, 10:33 AM
The Trust established a hardship fund in association with the PFAI, that's there to provide bridging loans to players who need it.
Has there been much a take up on this?

White Horse
20/10/2009, 10:36 AM
This is getting beyond a joke, nobody can find Coughlan and the deadlines mean sod all. Would CCFC not need to give more notice to the FAI/Rovers if they were not gonna play tonight instead of leaving it until 4pm to decide??

I was talking last night to a Rovers fan who is exiled in London thanks for our government.

He had saved up for a couple of Rovers run-in games.

Will Cork City or the FAI compensate him if City don't turn up?

tallaghtfornia
20/10/2009, 10:42 AM
I was talking last night to a Rovers fan who is exiled in London thanks for our government.

He had saved up for a couple of Rovers run-in games.

Will Cork City or the FAI compensate him if City don't turn up?

Im sure Rovers could try bring action against CCFC for not turning up and costing them money but whats the point.

tallaghtfornia
20/10/2009, 10:47 AM
Word is the players have been paid and will travel