PDA

View Full Version : Cork City denied a licence; club to be wound up; FORAS to enter First Division

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76

Acornvilla
22/02/2010, 11:02 PM
It's Bray's place due to them being the highest finishers on the field. Unless they give us the place for just generally being class. Could love with that.

hahaha thanks made me lol :)

Schumi
22/02/2010, 11:30 PM
It's Bray's place due to them being the highest finishers on the field. Unless they give us the place for just generally being class. Could live with that.
I think I should get the premier division place because I'm great. In fact I should get two in case one goes bust.

tonydaly
22/02/2010, 11:31 PM
Why is everyone so happy with the ILC? So far I cannot see any official statement stating which league Bray are playing in next year. Why was this not sorted tonight? They could decide to give this to any first Division club who has a Premier licence.

Thats up to the FAI. Has nothing to do with the ILC.

Job well done? They courted and propped up Coughlan, dragged this process out forever, jumped into bed with the third bunch of "saviours" to wander along, held a gun to the FAIs head on licencing, only agreed to save CCFC if they were kept in the Premier against all the rules, fought tooth and nail to buy 20% of a couple of millions worth of debt, along with giving 80% of the say of what happens in their club to these unknown investors, wanted to create a situation where todays situation would almost certainly recurr again in a short period, and only ended up with their own club because a judge made them have it.

Well done indeed.

I wonder if Rovers fans felt the same all those years that they wandered around Dublin like wild horses. If you were one of those Rovers fans you would know how some of the fans in Cork felt. There is great credit due to the Cork people who tried to keep Cork City alive & tried to get a fair deal for all those people who tonight are left with nothing but unpaid debts & those who tomorrow will probably lose their livelyhood because of the folly of one man.I did not agree with their attempts but they have my utmost respect for trying to do the right thing.

jebus
23/02/2010, 12:04 AM
Right decision by the ILC and the bets move for Cork Whatever FC in the long run I feel

dahamsta
23/02/2010, 12:10 AM
Job well done?Yes, job well done. In business, and politics, you get what you want by asking for twice that. It's a pity that's how it has to be, but if you don't play the game, you don't get what you want. Think about that the next time a political party or a business comes out with an outrageous list of demands. I blame the Star.

(Obviously. I blame everything on the Star. Can you imagine the idyllic pastures Irish football would be without that rag?)

adam /goes to sleep with images of homer j prancing around a meadow of flushing toilets

TheBoss
23/02/2010, 12:11 AM
Website and Facebook pages setup, Nice Logo I have to say.

http://www.corkcityforasco-op.com/
http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=Cork+City+FORAS+Co-Op&init=quick#!/pages/Cork-City-Foras-Co-Op/323776406015?ref=search&sid=508200317.3605382527..1

Stevo Da Gull
Delighted to be a Premier Division, terrified to think of our points haul at the end of the season! We could do a few physical and experienced players. We have a good, young squad, but they're too light to compete in the Premier and after seeing Bohs put 7 past us last week, and knowing that we'll be working off the smallest budget in the Premier again, I can't help but fear the worst, while obviosuly hoping for the best. Our first competitive game is in 3 days in the Leinster Cup.

Good luck to the new Cork City, the fans are the ones who have been there through it all and hopefully a couple of years in the First Division will see the making of a better club.

Dunny
Website and Facebook pages setup, Nice Logo I have to say.

http://www.corkcityforasco-op.com/
http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=Cork+City+FORAS+Co-Op&init=quick#!/pages/Cork-City-Foras-Co-Op/323776406015?ref=search&sid=508200317.3605382527..1

Very MLS-ish..

jebus
23/02/2010, 12:15 AM
Please don't call a football team a Co-op for the love of God

I know you all would like to keep it Cork City FC but it's really quite, actually it's very, lame to call it Foras Co-op just to keep the FC initials

Pablo Escobar
23/02/2010, 12:41 AM
Please don't call a football team a Co-op for the love of God

I know you all would like to keep it Cork City FC but it's really quite, actually it's very, lame to call it Foras Co-op just to keep the FC initials

Cork 84?

jebus
23/02/2010, 12:52 AM
Cork's Merry Shower of Dancing Giraffes FC would be better than Cork City Foras Co-op to be honest

Candystripe
23/02/2010, 1:46 AM
Welcome to D1 CCFC FC, your 1st game will be against us!

That is some big clubs now in D1........if Cork can start the season well along with us,Shels and Waterford I can see D1 having bigger average Att than the premier!

What will happen to this years Setanta cup I wonder?

The Lilywhites
23/02/2010, 1:50 AM
Hello Europe! :D It's been too long...

weecountyman
23/02/2010, 5:47 AM
Not wanting to rain on anyone's parade, but isn't there an appeals process that takes place within 3 days? If it's the case that they do appeal then suddenly it's game on again, and the winding up order will only take place if there is no money to meet the bills, which still hasn't been ruled out. Or maybe this whole thing has frazzled my brain!

Woke up to a mail this morning from Malta, the news broke late last night and there won't be any reaction until later on, but the club will be "cautious" in issuing any release or anything related to Roddy. He's still under contract but suspended and will be in the CAS. I don't think anyone will want him back, which is a shame as he'd managed to do a more than decent job getting the players going.

SMorgan
23/02/2010, 6:00 AM
I think we can safely say there is no way back and we, as followers of the local game, can take only a passing interest in what happens in the High Court this afternoon.

PS :- How about somebody starting up a new thread to deal with the implications of all this? 178 pages of posts is mental.

I would, but I am too shy!!

weecountyman
23/02/2010, 6:40 AM
Roddy Collins on Radio1 at 8.30

edit: It's with Des Cahill and will be very interesting as to who is to blame, and if this counts as a relegation on his record, and if he'll return to Malta.

I know I'll be slated for saying this, but I still feel sorry for the man. Having a general lack of cop on has cost him a chance to be a hero in Malta, but instead he thought he was cleverer than the average fox. It's sad, yet I keep smiling.

dong
23/02/2010, 7:26 AM
Welcome to D1 CCFC FC, your 1st game will be against us!

That is some big clubs now in D1........if Cork can start the season well along with us,Shels and Waterford I can see D1 having bigger average Att than the premier!

What will happen to this years Setanta cup I wonder?

Except yourselves and Cork aren't really the same clubs as previously though, are ye?
Sure we can brush that under the carpet as well.
Everything is great. Well done to all involved on a job well done!:eek:

Bonovox
23/02/2010, 7:34 AM
What about Cork City teams still in competition like their youth team. Are they affected?

culloty82
23/02/2010, 7:34 AM
It may have been a week late, but well done to the ILC for finally making the right decision for the good of the LoI. Will take a few seasons for Foras to be serious challengers, but no doubt it's only a matter of time before they will be playing in the Premier Division. Said in the Star on Saturday that Damien Richardson will be the new manager?

weecountyman
23/02/2010, 7:40 AM
Roddy looked for a meeting with FORAS but they never wanted to meet him, according to the man. He's clearing out the house, ringing around clubs to get players jobs and he feels responsible for bringing players into it. Amazing how his memory seems to be so suspect.

Real ale Madrid
23/02/2010, 7:41 AM
sounds like he's regretting getting into bed with TnB now.

tough S**t Roddy.

SeanDrog
23/02/2010, 8:10 AM
FORAS should have nothing to do with him. His comments about lack of loyality etc were disgusting (even for him). FORAS are a separate entity and owe him nothing. They would be mad to even entertain a meeting with him.

razor
23/02/2010, 8:18 AM
I'm relieved its all over to be honest, this was my preferred option all along, I thought taking on the debt was crazy as it also meant being lumbered with Shoddy & Meaney etc. A fresh start is better for all concerned.
I sent texts to 7 buddies last night with the news and all were delighted with the news.
There are some that are hung up on the club name, time to put that aside and FORAS all to work together to make this new club work.
Roddy cut his own throat at the press conference last week with his comments on Murray & Murphy.
Good Riddance.

Real ale Madrid
23/02/2010, 8:25 AM
I know what you mean when you say delighted. But its hard to be overly happy when there are so many good people who have either lost money or jobs in all of this.

I hope Tommy is wound up today and that Justice Laffoy throws the book at him after that. It would be irresponsible to allow him to run a business again.

Dunny
23/02/2010, 8:35 AM
Roddy on 96fm atm..

http://www.96fm.ie/96fm.asx

razor
23/02/2010, 8:40 AM
But its hard to be overly happy when there are so many good people who have either lost money or jobs in all of this.That goes without saying and that was the only reason as to why I was prepared to go with the majority vote last Friday week.

Roddy on 96fm atm.Neil just called him a journeyman, Roddy denied it. :D

madblaa
23/02/2010, 8:47 AM
Cork 84? are you for real? The whole '84 thing has to be dropped now, Cork 2010, more like!

Cork FORAS or what ever should start in the A Championship, as they are a new team, or in fact the MSL.

tonydaly
23/02/2010, 9:02 AM
It may have been a week late, but well done to the ILC for finally making the right decision for the good of the LoI. Will take a few seasons for Foras to be serious challengers, but no doubt it's only a matter of time before they will be playing in the Premier Division. Said in the Star on Saturday that Damien Richardson will be the new manager?

They could do a lot worse.He would be a steading hand & a wise head to have around.

bluewhitearmy
23/02/2010, 9:05 AM
Cork FORAS or what ever should start in the A Championship, as they are a new team, or in fact the MSL.

Exactly them and Derry.

Kildareman
23/02/2010, 9:07 AM
Yesterday we were informed that the consortium with Foras had taken over CCFC. The justice insisted on no conditions?????
If this is true then they now own a club with no license but a massive debt.
Does it also mean TNB walks away, scot free??

eelmonster
23/02/2010, 9:07 AM

Why? They applied for a First Division licence and were successful, just like Fingal and Limerick Mk 37 in previous seasons (only joking Lims, still have a soft spot for yous after that night in Tolka). I'm still in shock, the ICLC did the right thing, well done. Good luck to FORAS.

bluewhitearmy
23/02/2010, 9:11 AM
We didnt skip the A Championship. If Tralee Dynamos got a 1st division licence would they be put straight into it no they would have to earn promotion like Derry and Cork should have to.

osarusan
23/02/2010, 9:12 AM
http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2010/0223/corkcity1.html

Peter Gray, Michael O'Connell and FORAS, the Cork City Supporters Trust, made up the Quintas Group.

A spokesperson for the group said: 'With the decision of the Licencing Committee not to grant a Premier League licence, we're unable to proceed with our bid.
A bit pedantic of me I know, but the word unable is quite disingenuous there. Unwilling might be a batter word.

Anyway, good luck to FORAS, hopefully common sense will reign in Cork at least for a short time.

I look forward to seeing you in Div 1 and shouting obscenities along the lines of you being cheating bas***ds.

pineapple stu
23/02/2010, 9:17 AM
Have to say osarusan, your sig reminded me of the deliberations in the legal trial in To Kill a Mockingbird; hours of deliberation in an open and shut case centering around someone called Tom where we knew someone was standing up for right, but we expected prejudice/fudge to prevail. Just like the FAI meeting last night.

This one had a happy ending though.

tonydaly
23/02/2010, 9:26 AM
Yesterday we were informed that the consortium with Foras had taken over CCFC. The justice insisted on no conditions?????
If this is true then they now own a club with no license but a massive debt.
Does it also mean TNB walks away, scot free??

Sorry but who informed you.The consortium was formed to take over Cork City from Coughlan on receiving a Premier license. No Premier license,no deal.

Leeside Swagger
23/02/2010, 9:29 AM
Great result, I forsee many happy years ahead supporting Cork City Foras Co-op or Cork City FC for short. Hopefully the people of the city will rally around the new club and help get us back to the top of the premier division where we belong.

pineapple stu
23/02/2010, 9:29 AM
Another thought - weren't Cork due to play Sligo last night? How times change...

I assume they're fecked out of the Setanta too, and we're now down to eight clubs. Almost a easy to put everyone into the quarter finals rather than working out who the best runner-up is.

Also, I assume - like Limerick 37 - that CCFCFC will revert to CCFC in 2011?

tippex
23/02/2010, 9:31 AM
Tom Coughlan on 96fm

Dunny
23/02/2010, 9:32 AM
Another thought - weren't Cork due to play Sligo last night?

Postponed.

http://www.loi.ie/index.php/about/press-office/1409-setanta-fixture-postponed

SeanDrog
23/02/2010, 9:32 AM
whats he saying .....

tippex
23/02/2010, 9:33 AM
hes totally blaming quintas etc...

bluewhitearmy
23/02/2010, 9:36 AM
Anyone know what standard of player the new Cork will be going after will they try o keep any of the lads that have been training with Roddy? Suppose have to get a manager first.

Dunny
23/02/2010, 9:37 AM
What a mess he is...

ifk101
23/02/2010, 9:39 AM
Cheerio Tom.

Terry
23/02/2010, 9:40 AM
What a mess he is...

can you explain why? what is he saying?

cannot open, in work !

ifk101
23/02/2010, 9:43 AM

cannot open, in work !

It just was a wall of words, a rant if you will, where he blamed everyone and anything that came into his head from Sinn Fein to English registered cars. It sounded like he was close to tears tbh. He's on his way to the High Court now.

Dunny
23/02/2010, 9:44 AM

cannot open, in work !

It actually sounded like he was crying! Blaming Quintas and even Sinn Fein! Said Steven Grey does not pay tax...

Real ale Madrid
23/02/2010, 9:59 AM
It actually sounded like he was crying! Blaming Quintas and even Sinn Fein! Said Steven Grey does not pay tax...

hilarious - Bye Bye Tom you scumbag - reverting to cheap shots is hardly surprising.

Dodge
23/02/2010, 10:11 AM
I've no doubt Tommy is crying. His company is about to be wound up, which will bar him from being a company director for 5 years (I think). I understnad he's a director in multiple companies as it is...

Real ale Madrid
23/02/2010, 10:18 AM
I've no doubt Tommy is crying. His company is about to be wound up, which will bar him from being a company director for 5 years (I think). I understnad he's a director in multiple companies as it is...

Which begs the question - why on earth did he continue to borrow and borrow and allow things get to this. He could have sold the company a few weeks ago to the consortium if he pulled his finger from between his butt cheeks.

Now he just looks like an idiot.