PDA

View Full Version : Cork City denied a licence; club to be wound up; FORAS to enter First Division

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76

razor
04/02/2010, 3:37 PM
Looks like Dan Murray has finally lost patience and signed for Shamrock Rovers.

Martinho II
04/02/2010, 4:22 PM
Looks like Dan Murray has finally lost patience and signed for Shamrock Rovers.

where did you hear this razor?

yiddo
04/02/2010, 5:47 PM
where did you hear this razor?

it's been mentioned on local radio here in Cork and also posted on ccfc forum.

razor
04/02/2010, 7:36 PM
it's been mentioned on local radio here in Cork and also posted on ccfc forum.I got a text off a very trustworthy source :D

weecountyman
05/02/2010, 8:37 AM
http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=317837907931&ref=search&sid=581318995.165119324..1

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=317837907931&ref=search&sid=581318995.165119324..1

I found these on a Maltese forum with a plea to join both. And then I thought, well I reckon CCFC are the most famous/infamous club from Ireland right now - sorry Rovers fans of whatever persuasion (love between the east and west coast). Only in Ireland!

tiktok
05/02/2010, 9:58 AM
Cork City and Dan Murray have cancelled his contract by "mutual consent" [he's admitted on local radio here he didn't want to kleave, he's been forced out].
He's doing a medical at Shamrock Rovers this morning, expected to sign later on.

The last couple of years have been tough as a City fan, in Dan Murray we had a man who led by example through it all, on and off the pitch. He recently got voted our player of the decade in an online poll and he's widely recognised as the best captain our club has had. There are so few embers of our club left glowing right now it's almost unbearable, Roddy Collins forcing Dan Murray out of the club [and dion't let anyone else tell you otherwise] extinguishes a few more.

In this action, Collins has managed to pack his suitcases for his own exit before he has even managed a competitive match.
We'll get rid of Coughlan shortly, you're next against the wall Roddy, make no mistake, you ****ing ****!

pineapple stu
05/02/2010, 10:12 AM
So do Cork actually have any players left?

Assuming that the likes of O'Callaghan can't sign because of the transfer embargo.

marinobohs
05/02/2010, 10:28 AM
Cork City and Dan Murray have cancelled his contract by "mutual consent" [he's admitted on local radio here he didn't want to kleave, he's been forced out].
He's doing a medical at Shamrock Rovers this morning, expected to sign later on.

The last couple of years have been tough as a City fan, in Dan Murray we had a man who led by example through it all, on and off the pitch. He recently got voted our player of the decade in an online poll and he's widely recognised as the best captain our club has had. There are so few embers of our club left glowing right now it's almost unbearable, Roddy Collins forcing Dan Murray out of the club [and dion't let anyone else tell you otherwise] extinguishes a few more.

In this action, Collins has managed to pack his suitcases for his own exit before he has even managed a competitive match.
We'll get rid of Coughlan shortly, you're next against the wall Roddy, make no mistake, you ****ing ****!

during all the difficulties Cork have gone through Dan Murray remained loyal to the club (when he did have offers to leave) and if true that he is forced out it is a new low (something I didn't think possible) for TC's Cork City. A big loss to Cork City both as a player and as a team leader. Still they have Roddy's "inspiration"............

marinobohs
05/02/2010, 10:38 AM
Only 17 days til Setanta Cup game too
why the ***** don't the FAI clarify the position ? It really is beyond a joke at this point.

weecountyman
05/02/2010, 11:34 AM

This is a really depressing situation. The scariest thing of all is that Tom will get a licence, and even then the new owners will come in, accept the bluster and in June Cork are looking for a new boss and in all sorts of trouble. I hope FORAS can make it happen (ie get a licence and take over as Cork's club!).

razor
05/02/2010, 11:54 AM
This is a really depressing situation. The scariest thing of all is that Tom will get a licence,Without even applying?
I know using credibility and the FAI in the same sentence is funny but I think that even they cannot give him one at this stage.
No licence = no club = goodbye Tom
Our last chance now is FORAS, the only show in town.
After todays debacle with Dan Murray,Shoddy can go to hell (or Dublin, same thing I guess :D)

Its sickening and depressing what has happened to Dan Murray.
Thanks Dan for all you've done.
Those responsible will get whats coming to them.

Onefootednopace
05/02/2010, 12:05 PM

Spot on Razor, I agree with those sentiments. "The Dan" was a great leader on the pitch for City and a very nice guy off the pitch as well. A shame to see him go, but can you blame him.

weecountyman
05/02/2010, 12:09 PM
Without even applying?
I know using credibility and the FAI in the same sentence is funny but I think that even they cannot give him one at this stage.
No licence = no club = goodbye Tom
Our last chance now is FORAS, the only show in town.
After todays debacle with Dan Murray,Shoddy can go to hell (or Dublin, same thing I guess :D)

Now now, Dublin isn't too bad, if Dan likes it .... :-)

Razor I was under the same opinion as yourself, they didn't apply and so won't get a licence etc, but there's something going on behind the scenes and maybe it's my suspicious mind, but what I know for sure is this, Tom has high up connections, the shots taken at him by the FAI/LOI are not going to do any damage as both bodies are protecting him from sanctions by UEFA and FIFA (both bodies have rejected the prosecution that there was any improriety going on with Rod's signing - this DESPITE the club admitting they didn't return calls or contacts from Floriana and the MFA, and Roddy admitting he lied on his affadavit!). I believe we will see some schmuck stick a couple of hundred grand into the club, Tom stays on as majority shareholder (while continuing to mess around) and then it all blows up when the club tries to clip Roddy's wings for wheeler dealing and this time next year we're still discussing the same situation!

blackholesun
05/02/2010, 12:15 PM

The darkest hour comes before the dawn ... sure Rovers lost Pat McCourt, Dave Mooney and Jason Gavin and others during the transfer window for nothing while the club was in administration. One of the first jobs to be tackled when the fans took over was getting rid of Collins the spoofer. So no reason why Cork cant follow the same route and rebuild the club slowly and properly over a few seasons.

Murray should be a great addittion to the Rovers squad for the coming season.

bhs

yiddo
05/02/2010, 12:18 PM
Now now, Dublin isn't too bad, if Dan likes it .... :-)

Razor I was under the same opinion as yourself, they didn't apply and so won't get a licence etc, but there's something going on behind the scenes and maybe it's my suspicious mind, but what I know for sure is this, Tom has high up connections, the shots taken at him by the FAI/LOI are not going to do any damage as both bodies are protecting him from sanctions by UEFA and FIFA (both bodies have rejected the prosecution that there was any improriety going on with Rod's signing - this DESPITE the club admitting they didn't return calls or contacts from Floriana and the MFA, and Roddy admitting he lied on his affadavit!). I believe we will see some schmuck stick a couple of hundred grand into the club, Tom stays on as majority shareholder (while continuing to mess around) and then it all blows up when the club tries to clip Roddy's wings for wheeler dealing and this time next year we're still discussing the same situation!

if there is a schmuk with money to throw away tnb won't find him in Cork. At this stage the dogs of the road down here know tnbs form and the game is up! FORAS is the only show in town and at this stage I'm happy with that.With the best will in the world if another investor comes in and turfs tommy out we'll still be beholding to them! Lets stand on our own 2 feet and go for it!

pineapple stu
08/02/2010, 12:27 PM
Per the Echo, Quintas have pulled out of the takeover after conducting due diligence. Hard to see any outcome now bar the company being wound up in court on Monday and a FORAS team in the A League or the First Division.

Buile Shuibhne
08/02/2010, 12:42 PM
Have FORAS definitely just applied for an A League licence?

tiktok
08/02/2010, 12:45 PM
Have FORAS definitely just applied for an A League licence?

All you can do is make your application as strong as it can possibly be, if there is an opening in the 1st division and you meet the criteria, you should be considered though there's no guarantee you'd get it.

Buile Shuibhne
08/02/2010, 12:52 PM
By Cork getting relegated out of the Premier Div, they create a vacancy in the First Div - into which the new FORAS entity could slot into

Longfordian
08/02/2010, 12:56 PM
Any truth in the whisper I heard that Shels were told they wouldn't get a Premier Licence for Tolka?. Just something I heard from somebody with long standing connections to Shels. Waterford could end up going up yet.

Buile Shuibhne
08/02/2010, 1:00 PM
Shels were given a list of works - mostly emergency lighting in the stands and safefty signage and marking - which need to be undertaken to meet Prem Div criteria.

Those works are now in progress.

Longfordian
08/02/2010, 1:05 PM
Fair enough. Cheers.

paudie
08/02/2010, 1:08 PM
Any truth in the whisper I heard that Shels were told they wouldn't get a Premier Licence for Tolka?. Just something I heard from somebody with long standing connections to Shels. Waterford could end up going up yet.

With Drogs licence in doubt both Shels and Waterford may be playing in the Prem next season

pineapple stu
08/02/2010, 1:12 PM
Bray get first dibs surely? Then Shels and then Waterford.

tiktok
08/02/2010, 1:19 PM
By Cork getting relegated out of the Premier Div, they create a vacancy in the First Div - into which the new FORAS entity could slot into

If Cork City are relegated and are awarded a First Division licence, then there won't be a FORAS club.
If Cork City are thrown out of the league entirely, and a slot is available in the 1st as a result, I'd hope FORAS are considered if the criteria are met but other clubs e.g. Cobh Ramblers or Tralee Dynamos may also meet 1st division criteria and would equally deserve consideration [possibly they'd be more deserving as they'd have footballing grounds]

Longfordian
08/02/2010, 1:21 PM
Bray get first dibs surely? Then Shels and then Waterford.

I think Bray may have reservations about going back up for this season. They'd have no time to get a decent squad together and it'd likely be a lot tougher to finance a Premier campaign especially if you're doing very badly.

pineapple stu
08/02/2010, 1:22 PM
I'd have though Bray would jump at the chance of playing in the DDSL, to be honest. Low transport costs and good away gates.

Longfordian
08/02/2010, 1:26 PM
Maybe that's just an impression I get from their supporters, you have increased gates but also increased security. They don't seem to have any money to spend even in the First so they could be cut adrift early on, which would be bad for sponsorhip and gates probably.

Buile Shuibhne
08/02/2010, 1:33 PM
Do Bray have a problem with the Carlisle Grounds that might prevent them getting a Prem Div licence.

That side of the ground where the wall collapsed during the season - I've heard it's still closed and hasn't been repaired?

pineapple stu
08/02/2010, 1:42 PM
Maybe that's just an impression I get from their supporters, you have increased gates but also increased security. They don't seem to have any money to spend even in the First so they could be cut adrift early on, which would be bad for sponsorhip and gates probably.
It's the away gates that are the important ones. Bray doing rubbish wouldn't eat much into the 1500 Rovers fans you could expect twice a season.

It's a tough call to make though; we were kind of in their position this time last year (not as likely to happen, but we were still pondering it) and there's definite pros and cons about staying down or going back up. Waterford haven't fully recovered from 2007, for example.

Longfordian
08/02/2010, 1:50 PM
Is it really worth all the hassle though if you know there's no way you can survive?. No team likes to be humiliated so there'd be a temptation to try and find some extra cash somewhere. How much could you realisitically expect to make from extra away fans over the season? 30-40k maybe?. It's a tough call as you say.

pineapple stu
08/02/2010, 1:54 PM
If the prize money for bottom place is E40k with an E15k entry fee, it gets more tempting. Aren't you guaranteed one game on telly too? Another couple of grand. There's a definite chance of staying up too - Bray's underage set-up is very good, while other clubs appear to be in the doo. Even if they stay up on an asterisk technicality, it'd probably be worth it.

weecountyman
08/02/2010, 2:12 PM
Just got a cracking text - "Crock City have decided to go for broke in the flight coach stakes. In an effort to gain a financially secure future Shoddy is moved upstairs to a roving ambassador role while Dracula Lee has been hired to lead the rebels to european glory."

Apologies to Cork City fans, but it was sent to me from a Cork City fan.

centre mid
08/02/2010, 2:27 PM
Do Bray have a problem with the Carlisle Grounds that might prevent them getting a Prem Div licence.
Carlisle would have no problems with a prem licence

That side of the ground where the wall collapsed during the season - I've heard it's still closed and hasn't been repaired?

The wall was rebuilt within 2 weeks

Buile Shuibhne
08/02/2010, 2:37 PM
Thanks for clearing that up

passerrby
08/02/2010, 3:59 PM

i think that was the builders

passerrby
08/02/2010, 4:00 PM

I think that was the builders

culloty82
08/02/2010, 5:10 PM
If Cork City are relegated and are awarded a First Division licence, then there won't be a FORAS club.
If Cork City are thrown out of the league entirely, and a slot is available in the 1st as a result, I'd hope FORAS are considered if the criteria are met but other clubs e.g. Cobh Ramblers or Tralee Dynamos may also meet 1st division criteria and would equally deserve consideration [possibly they'd be more deserving as they'd have footballing grounds]

FORAS should have the field to themselves, as Cobh fans were saying that they would still have problems with their accounts, and while Tralee would have taken their place if they'd been promoted, they wouldn't be able to scale up in less than a month, so Turner's Cross should see First Division football.

A face
08/02/2010, 10:58 PM
Roddy was just on Newstalk talking about car parks, tuned in late so maybe I'm missing the point totally. WTF though?!

Missed this as well, any update on what was said people? Is this online?

razor
09/02/2010, 8:37 AM
From todays Examiner
TIME is running out to save top-flight football on Leeside, as Cork City face into a make or break few days for the club.

With the consortium represented by the Quintas Group having withdrawn from takeover talks, it’s understood that a Britain-based group remains in contention to buy the club.

However, with some sources now putting the club’s debts at over €500,000 ahead of next week’s dual deadlines of the FAI club licensing awards and a High Court hearing of a winding-up petition by the Revenue Commissioners, City’s future hangs in the balance.

"We’re working diligently to get something sorted in the next 48 to 72 hours," said owner Tom Coughlan yesterday. "There are a number of parties interested in taking over; we’re doing everything we can to get people over the line."

Coughlan, who has become the focus of criticism for the club’s plight, insisted his "primary focus is to save the football club."

He added: "I’ve put in, in excess of €1million of my own money into the club and there’s no question of me getting it back. What’s important now is that the people who do come in have the wherewithal to move the club forward."

Former captain Dan Murray, who made his debut for his new club Shamrock Rovers in a friendly against Shelbourne on Saturday, says that not only the city of Cork, but the League of Ireland as a whole, needs top-flight football on Leeside.

"Cork city needs football and League of Ireland football, hopefully Premier Division football," said Murray. "It’s a massive town and it loves its football. The supporters are great and you get some great crowds down there.

"But it needs a clean slate and fresh ideas. It needs FORAS, the supporters’ group, to get involved, probably with some local businessman, who can give it a right go. That’s what it needs. It needs a fresh start and for the supporters to be a big part of the club. It’s hard for everyone as no-one wants to be in that situation. It’s been difficult for the players and the manager. I just hope everything gets sorted out for the club and there is football in Cork because it would be a massive shame for the city and the league if there was no Cork City in there."

Mackey has gone seriously down in my estimation by giving Coughlan a method in which to peddle his lies
I haven't read such lies since the last time Coughlan was interviewed.

Coughlan is only interested in lining his own pockets before he makes for the exit door.

tiktok
09/02/2010, 8:56 AM
Coughlan is only interested in lining his own pockets before he makes for the exit door.

I'm going to try and track down quotes from him over the last six months or so.

He's gone from investing €400,000 to over €1,000,000 in no time at all [I don't know where he's investing it though because people still are owed wages], it's a shame that the journos, especially in and around Cork at the Examiner, Echo, Trevor Welch are so weak and slow to challenge anything he says.

If he's invested €1,000,000 since he took over
Add €150,000 for winning Setanta Cup
Add €100,000 for Kevin Doyle's sell on Clause
Add €130,000 for Denis Behan And Colin healy Transfer fees
Add €220,000 that Michael O'Connell gave him in the High Court

Now, take the €1,600,000 above and factor in money that was spent/has a cost but is not paid
Add €115,000 currently owed to the revenue
Add the according to Liam Mackey in that article the {very very conservative] €500,000 of assumed debt that is owed to a varirty of creditors
[which include Colin Healy, Gareth Farrelly, Alan Mathews etc., etc.]

Now take that €2,215,000 and look at the figures we haven't factored in yet

Add all the sponsorhip money that has been brough in from Hummel, Evening Echo, Beamish, Red FM, Player Sponsorship, Programme Ads, matchball sponosrship which did not come from Tom yet has been spent.
Add in enery penny taken at the gate over the course of the entire season and the money from all season tickets
Add in every penny made in merchandising, add in friendly games against Ipswich and Celtic
Add in participation money from the FAI, Add in prize money
Add in the rent paid by the Burger shops, Coffee sellers and sweet stalls

Add the whole ****ing lot up and you're looking at a club [if Coughlan's claims are true] that must have spent well in excess of €3,000,000 in 14 months since examinership only to end up with a chairman banned on a disrepute charge and a holding company facing it's third winding up order.

For all of you lurking journalists who pop in here for your news and scoops, how about someone grows a ****ing pair of balls and asks Coughlan a toguh question for once.

razor
09/02/2010, 9:13 AM
For all of you lurking journalists who pop in here for your news and scoops, how about someone grows a ****ing pair of balls and asks Coughlan a toguh question for once.Sometimes I think its just cowardice but I think now they just don't give a damn.

Liam still hasn't responded to my email the last time he fawned all over Tommy in the Examiner. :D

weecountyman
09/02/2010, 9:20 AM
I'm going to try and track down quotes from him over the last six months or so.

He's gone from investing €400,000 to over €1,000,000 in no time at all [I don't know where he's investing it though because people still are owed wages], it's a shame that the journos, especially in and around Cork at the Examiner, Echo, Trevor Welch are so weak and slow to challenge anything he says.

If he's invested €1,000,000 since he took over
Add €150,000 for winning Setanta Cup
Add €100,000 for Kevin Doyle's sell on Clause
Add €130,000 for Denis Behan And Colin healy Transfer fees
Add €220,000 that Michael O'Connell gave him in the High Court

Now, take the €1,600,000 above and factor in money that was spent/has a cost but is not paid
Add €115,000 currently owed to the revenue
Add the according to Liam Mackey in that article the {very very conservative] €500,000 of assumed debt that is owed to a varirty of creditors
[which include Colin Healy, Gareth Farrelly, Alan Mathews etc., etc.]

Now take that €2,215,000 and look at the figures we haven't factored in yet

Add all the sponsorhip money that has been brough in from Hummel, Evening Echo, Beamish, Red FM, Player Sponsorship, Programme Ads, matchball sponosrship which did not come from Tom yet has been spent.
Add in enery penny taken at the gate over the course of the entire season and the money from all season tickets
Add in every penny made in merchandising, add in friendly games against Ipswich and Celtic
Add in participation money from the FAI, Add in prize money
Add in the rent paid by the Burger shops, Coffee sellers and sweet stalls

Add the whole ****ing lot up and you're looking at a club [if Coughlan's claims are true] that must have spent well in excess of €3,000,000 in 14 months since examinership only to end up with a chairman banned on a disrepute charge and a holding company facing it's third winding up order.

For all of you lurking journalists who pop in here for your news and scoops, how about someone grows a ****ing pair of balls and asks Coughlan a toguh question for once.

tiktok, I find you'll discover the million euro lie began when Roddy was panhandling for the job, he repeated it ad nauseum over the airwaves when he was trying to secure his contract and ever since. I know it sounds mad, but suddenly the price of the club skyrocketed due to these claims and the "interested parties" began to appear more numerous - which shouldn't be the case. Cork City is a broke, down on its luck club with European football, the Setanta cup and large, loyal firm fanbase. So looking at it analytically, it's an undervalued asset - but worth nothing and needing half a million to pay off existing debts. Tom can sell the debts off for €1 (including all his claims to the club) once a new investor commits to paying off what is owed (and I'm pretty certain some of the debtors will show goodwill to the right person).

Now look at the money that will come in at the gate, from UEFA, RTE, the FAI, Setanta, sponsors and concessions, and you have a half a million war chest to kick off the season with. This is what Tom has been hoping for, but he wants to keep control of the club and keep trousering cash. It will be very interesting to see how much in loans were taken out of the company. And how can Roddy be paid €500 a week plus his expenses when nobody else seems to be paid. It just doesn't add up. I hope FORAS can take it on and get into the 1st Division at least.

yiddo
09/02/2010, 9:21 AM
From todays Examiner

Mackey has gone seriously down in my estimation by giving Coughlan a method in which to peddle his lies
I haven't read such lies since the last time Coughlan was interviewed.

Gave up on Mackey after his "The worst is over" lickfest last September!

razor
09/02/2010, 9:24 AM
but worth nothing and needing half a million to pay off existing debts.some are saying the debt is nearer Tommys magic million figure.

Martinho II
09/02/2010, 9:27 AM
I think Bray may have reservations about going back up for this season. They'd have no time to get a decent squad together and it'd likely be a lot tougher to finance a Premier campaign especially if you're doing very badly.
That would remind me longfordian of the time at short notice Waterford Utd were told they were stayin in the top flight in the 2007 season .. I belive from recollection that they got two weeks notice that they were going up..

weecountyman
09/02/2010, 9:40 AM
some are saying the debt is nearer Tommys magic million figure.

I heard that exact same figure too, but that the balance is made up of Directors loans or "expenses". There was a complete mess when Tom came in, but he made it far worse. He added more to the wage bill, fell out with too many people and was too arrogant to accept he needed steering. What will be sadder still is that he'll still get a licence for the Premier, himself and his crew are way too litigious to allow the LOI/FAI do anything but.

dong
09/02/2010, 9:51 AM
"TIME is running out to save top-flight football on Leeside, as Cork City face into a make or break few days for the club."

How many times have we read this over the past year?
With Coughlan, every day is a make or break day. The problem is it's break every time.
I'll give him this much, he has a thick skin.
What a joke.

razor
09/02/2010, 10:33 AM
What will be sadder still is that he'll still get a licence for the Premier, himself and his crew are way too litigious to allow the LOI/FAI do anything but.Will you stop saying that.
The only way I can see it happening is without Tommy.

weecountyman
09/02/2010, 11:17 AM
Will you stop saying that.
The only way I can see it happening is without Tommy.

Sorry Razor, I just have a feeling of dread. All going well the courts will do their job and wind up the company, thus getting at least one batch up bad eggs out of the league (another if you count Derry's n'er do wells).

I know everyone is complaining about how the Irish media are giving Tom and Co an easier than acceptable time, but the community is so small that no one wants to rock the boat because of the "what if" factor - ie what if it's my shower next? On top of that everyone is afraid of being ostracised (in such a small circle it's a death) and on top of that the headers in Cork will not go gently into the good night. Look at what Roddy was given free rein to do with his current employers (I don't think he's been released from his contract yet in Malta) and it went totally unchecked without any coment allowed to the Maltese, even their statements were rubbished in the media. So all we can do is cross our fingers and hope justice has her blindfold on!