PDA

View Full Version : Cork City denied a licence; club to be wound up; FORAS to enter First Division

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76

seand
28/10/2009, 10:40 AM
http://www.fai.ie/images/stories/pdf/FAI_Rule_Book_2009.pdf

See Rule 124 & 125

I love the directory 'stories' that they keep it in :D

Yes, lots of details there!

RULE 124. DEMOTION TO A LOWER DIVISION
A club may be demoted to a lower division.
RULE 125. DEDUCTION OF POINTS
A club may have points deducted from those already attained in the current or a future* competition.

There is nothing in this rule book about the 65% rule, about payments to players, etc. Surely even with the FAI the 65% rule must be written down somewhere?

(* I particularly like this bit ... clubs can be docked points from those already attained in a future competition!)

harps1954
28/10/2009, 10:53 AM
As far as I'm aware, the League of Ireland also has a rule-book in addition to the FAI rule-book. The rules regarding the 65% wage cap, etc. are contained in the LOI rule-book.

tippex
28/10/2009, 11:09 AM
well from the looks of the report in the star today the fudge has already started page 59 will see if the article is online somewhere.
It also states "Cork's players are currently without showering facilities at their bishopstown training facility as the electricity has been cut over unpaid bills"

should we be surprised if true?

luka
28/10/2009, 11:17 AM
As far as I'm aware, the League of Ireland also has a rule-book in addition to the FAI rule-book. The rules regarding the 65% wage cap, etc. are contained in the LOI rule-book.

http://www.loi.ie/index.php/about/club-licensing/about-licensing

http://www.loi.ie/images/stories/publications/licensing/Salary-Cost-Protocol.doc

micls
28/10/2009, 1:20 PM
It also states "Cork's players are currently without showering facilities at their bishopstown training facility as the electricity has been cut over unpaid bills"

should we be surprised if true?
That was days ago, and it is true.

passerrby
28/10/2009, 2:54 PM
according to the paper the FAI are going to meet them to highlight their embarrasment and to give them a bloody good talking to.., so that should solve all future problems and negate any need for licensing sanctions, well done john just what cork need right now a right good talking too

Northern Light
29/10/2009, 7:51 PM
29 October 2009 12:00

Statement following the Special General Meeting

Following a very well attended Special General Meeting at the Kingsley Hotel on Wednesday, October 28th, the Board of Management of FORAS make the following statement:

Last night, at a special General Meeting of FORAS, Friends of the Rebel Army Society Ltd., members voted unanimously to lodge a League of Ireland ‘A’ Championship licence application for the 2010 season. FORAS took this decision to try to ensure that there will be League of Ireland representation in Cork City next season should any other applicants be unsuccessful. FORAS BoM will not be making any further comment on the application whilst it is under consideration by the Independent Licencing Committee.

Regards,
FORAS BoM

sheao
29/10/2009, 9:35 PM
Got this quote from the City forum

Coughlan has told the players at a meeting that he has agreed a deal to sign Andy Cole for next season.

The circus continues http://www.ccfcforum.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif

Credit to boscos for the info.

pineapple stu
30/10/2009, 9:20 AM
It says a lot when I can't tell if that's a joke or not.

marinobohs
30/10/2009, 10:19 AM

Following a very well attended Special General Meeting at the Kingsley Hotel on Wednesday, October 28th, the Board of Management of FORAS make the following statement:

Last night, at a special General Meeting of FORAS, Friends of the Rebel Army Society Ltd., members voted unanimously to lodge a League of Ireland ‘A’ Championship licence application for the 2010 season. FORAS took this decision to try to ensure that there will be League of Ireland representation in Cork City next season should any other applicants be unsuccessful. FORAS BoM will not be making any further comment on the application whilst it is under consideration by the Independent Licencing Committee.

Regards,
FORAS BoM

Best of luck with this lads/lasses but would much prefer a Cork team in the Premier. it does not say much for the League if the 2nd city cannot sustain a Prem team (I know, I know - a well run Prem team).

Mr_Parker
30/10/2009, 10:20 AM
Got this quote from the City forum

I prefered the assesment that Coughlan had been misheard and had actually said in a broad accent, I'll be "An the dole next season." :D

Northern Light
06/11/2009, 5:26 PM
Jeepers - arn't that Derrry crowd terrible messers all the same - they are giving the rest of us a bad name.:rolleyes:

christo
06/11/2009, 8:24 PM

Regards,
FORAS BoM

So does this mean that Cork will be in the "A" Championship next year and that we needn't bother play Salthill since whoever loses will be in the first division next year anyway (licence pending of course)

Longfordian
06/11/2009, 8:31 PM
Probably but there's an outside chance Coughlan will get some sort of licence if they can't find a way not to give him one and you can be sure they don't want to.

paudie
07/11/2009, 9:11 AM
So does this mean that Cork will be in the "A" Championship next year and that we needn't bother play Salthill since whoever loses will be in the first division next year anyway (licence pending of course)

FORAS, if granted a licence, will only take it up if no other cork applicant gets a licence.

holidaysong
07/11/2009, 9:12 PM
To hell with that. You should set it up regardless and rent Turner's Cross from the MFA and get fans to go to the A Championship club games instead and force Coughlan out. I wonder sometimes if Cork fans actually want to get Coughlan out. Surely a boycott of CCFC is in order if Coughlan somehow manages to get a licence for next year.

christo
07/11/2009, 9:14 PM
FORAS, if granted a licence, will only take it up if no other cork applicant gets a licence.

Is that any other Cork team (cobh included)

and I think if Coughlan is granted a licence we should all boycott the league until the FAI and licencing board gets a bit of sense

galwayjames
07/11/2009, 9:18 PM
Is that any other Cork team (cobh included)

What happens in Cobh is different, this is in relation to a team in Cork city

christo
07/11/2009, 9:21 PM
fair enough, wasn't sure if he meant Cork Co. or Cork City I thought he meant City but just had to double check

A face
08/11/2009, 2:06 PM
and I think if Coughlan is granted a licence we should all boycott the league until the FAI and licencing board gets a bit of sense

If they knew that was how people felt then it would put the pressure on at least.

superfrank
08/11/2009, 3:08 PM
I think if Coughlan is granted a licence we should all boycott the league until the FAI and licencing board gets a bit of sense
This is the stupidest suggestion I've heard yet. I can't believe you've actually posted this, I'm guessing your just saying it half-heartedly.

Why should other clubs be boycotted because of a dispute involving Cork City and the FAI?

A boycott on Cork City would be one thing and I think it could be a good idea as it might force out Coughlan or the FAI might see that people aren't willing to put up with him in charge there.

However, a league-wide boycott is ridiculous. The other clubs have no say in the matter. They have to work with Cork City and the FAI in a professional capacity but they can't influence the decisions taken. A boycott on these clubs will damage their finances and punish them for something they can't do anything about.

christo
08/11/2009, 4:27 PM
A boycott on Cork City would be one thing and I think it could be a good idea as it might force out Coughlan or the FAI might see that people aren't willing to put up with him in charge there.

However, a league-wide boycott is ridiculous. The other clubs have no say in the matter. They have to work with Cork City and the FAI in a professional capacity but they can't influence the decisions taken

Well I was more saying that I think it would be stupid if they get a licence than posting a real suggestion

I do however think it could be an option, stupid nonetheless, drastic times call for drastic measures. If the FAI can't run the league and continue to allow clubs slowly destroy themselves than not playing in a league run by the FAI might be a good idea

micls
08/11/2009, 5:27 PM
A lot of die hards have come out and said they wont be going back until Coughlan's gone. If he's still around and gets a license then our crowds will plummet.

A face
08/11/2009, 6:57 PM
Well I was more saying that I think it would be stupid if they get a licence than posting a real suggestion

I do however think it could be an option, stupid nonetheless, drastic times call for drastic measures. If the FAI can't run the league and continue to allow clubs slowly destroy themselves than not playing in a league run by the FAI might be a good idea

But you'd need something like National League Supporters Association (NLSA) to organise something like that. Sadly that never got off the ground.

paudie
08/11/2009, 7:02 PM
A lot of die hards have come out and said they wont be going back until Coughlan's gone. If he's still around and gets a license then our crowds will plummet.

Attendances have gone way down anyway since the winding up fiasco.

they will be lower next year again. I've been going to most games as i have a season ticket but i won't be renewing that and will be choosy about what games if any I will go to.

paudie
08/11/2009, 7:05 PM
To hell with that. You should set it up regardless and rent Turner's Cross from the MFA and get fans to go to the A Championship club games instead and force Coughlan out. I wonder sometimes if Cork fans actually want to get Coughlan out. Surely a boycott of CCFC is in order if Coughlan somehow manages to get a licence for next year.

The supporters trust has had discussions with the FAI about how poorly they feel the club is being run.

At the moment Coughlan owns the company that has the licence so there isn't much fans can do to "force him out" apart from not going to games, which many people are doing and supporting FORAS, which many people are also doing.

KUFCMan
08/11/2009, 7:35 PM
Im sure the last thing u want is a Setanta Cup game V Sligo on a Monday nite after the season is over.Will u have a string team out,Sligo are in the FAI final so theyre probably glad of a game

forza rovers
08/11/2009, 7:39 PM
Im sure the last thing u want is a Setanta Cup game V Sligo on a Monday nite after the season is over.Will u have a string team out,Sligo are in the FAI final so theyre probably glad of a gamewe have played a team players through out the tournament so i dont see why we will risk players for the final

KUFCMan
08/11/2009, 7:51 PM
So Sligo will probably rest a few then with the Cup Final in mind,u wouldnt want any bookings or injuries I suppose,

SkStu
11/11/2009, 3:38 PM
F5ndoBdm0yY

eamo1
11/11/2009, 3:46 PM
I do hear a sweeping sound though,the sound of issues being swept under the carpet.

razor
12/11/2009, 1:44 PM
Quiet? Sure didn't Tom announce a new General Manager at the club
Liam Meaney, come on down. (pardon the pun)

Longfordian
12/11/2009, 1:50 PM
I see the Liverpool Legends thing was postponed. That'll probably further delay payments to players and staff.

A face
12/11/2009, 6:07 PM
The FAI really need recognise that this guy is just going to try and fall over the post on Nov 30th and it'll all start again from there.

OneRedArmy
12/11/2009, 6:09 PM
You should jump along with us and we might get a group discount.

tippex
12/11/2009, 6:46 PM
I see the Liverpool Legends thing was postponed. That'll probably further delay payments to players and staff.

This bit from the cork site would scare me if I had tickets what would happen if TNB walks / company folds they have already got this money in...
"Please note, all bookings and ticket purchases for either of the events will still be valid for the new date and we respectfully ask you all to bear with us until the new date is finalised before enquiring about refunds etc."

A face
12/11/2009, 8:24 PM
"Please note, all bookings and ticket purchases for either of the events will still be valid for the new date and we respectfully ask you all to bear with us until the new date is finalised before enquiring about refunds etc."

If in Tommy you trust, you better hope he doesn't go bust !! :p

adamd164
12/11/2009, 10:43 PM
PFAI issued a statement saying all players paid today; http://www.pfai.ie/news/214-cork-city-players-paid

edit- In other news, clubstore closed!

Buile Shuibhne
12/11/2009, 10:46 PM
http://www.corkcityfc.ie/main.php?action=newsLink&headlineID=1209

tiktok
13/11/2009, 1:18 AM
PFAI issued a statement saying all players paid today; http://www.pfai.ie/news/214-cork-city-players-paid

It's comical that the club paying wages as it agreed to requires a press release.

Buile Shuibhne
13/11/2009, 5:40 AM
Are the players now paid in full for the season or was that just one of the list of scheduled installments?

I seem to to remember that the schedule ran on into the close season?

DJP09
13/11/2009, 5:48 AM

At least they got paid, were do Cork go from there?

tiktok
13/11/2009, 7:51 AM
Are the players now paid in full for the season or was that just one of the list of scheduled installments?

I seem to to remember that the schedule ran on into the close season?

There's definitely at least one more scheduled payment.
There may be two though.

HammerNThongs
13/11/2009, 9:57 AM
Bishopstown is locked up. Shop is locked up. Off field staff to be paid today *Inhales...holds breath*

John83
13/11/2009, 11:11 AM
You know, if Cork's holding company folds, selling its name to a new holding company, they could start anew in the First Division. That'd free up a spot in the Premier, which no doubt Frank And Irene would consider best given to the biggest club in the First... Derry city (Mark D).

tiktok
13/11/2009, 11:14 AM
You know, if Cork's holding company folds, selling its name to a new holding company, they could start anew in the First Division. That'd free up a spot in the Premier, which no doubt Frank And Irene would consider best given to the biggest club in the First... Derry city (Mark D).

Unfortunately that won't happen because the FAI have made it abundantly clear that any no new entity can parachute straight into the first division, licensing wouldn't allow it, so the new Cork club would be out of luck there!

Unless of course it's Derry and an unmerciful serving of Fudge is required.

eamo1
18/11/2009, 9:36 AM
Isnt there some deadline coming up at the end of this month for clubs to submit accounts?I know theres some deadline that Cork will struggle to meet coming up in a couple of weeks but not sure which it is.I hope they pull through and survive,to lose Cork and Derry in the space of a few weeks would be a disaster.

tiktok
18/11/2009, 9:45 AM
Isnt there some deadline coming up at the end of this month for clubs to submit accounts?I know theres some deadline that Cork will struggle to meet coming up in a couple of weeks but not sure which it is.I hope they pull through and survive,to lose Cork and Derry in the space of a few weeks would be a disaster.

Yeah, on nov. 30th Clubs must have either
1. all employees [current and former] paid up in full
or
2. an agreement in place with people who have not been paid up in full.

if an employee, current or former, has gone to the courts to get their money then licencing cannot consider that particular case.

Specifically in Cork's case if money is owed to employees, current or former, and they refuse to sign an agreement, my understanding is that it could prevent CCIFL getting a licence. In the event that people sign up to the agreement and it's in place on 30th November, in the snapshot of time that is licencing CCIFL complies and gets a licence, if that agreement is subsequently broken, the outstanding money is not a matter for licencing until the next application period.

i.e. if an employee hasn't been paid, signs an agreement with CCIFL on a payment scheme which is in place on 30th November the licence application can proceed. if on Dec 1st tht agreement is broken and the employee never gets their cash, the FAI don't consider the outstanding wages until Nov. 30th next season. if in the meantime the employee goes to their court to claim the cash, the FAI may not consider it even at the next window.

Mr A
18/11/2009, 9:46 AM
It seemed significant last night that Gavin kept talking about the actions of certain individuals at clubs and also mentioned that TNB should engage with FORAS. It seems the FAI aren't even pretending to have illusions about the fact that the guy is a waste of space.

tiktok
18/11/2009, 9:53 AM
It seems the FAI aren't even pretending to have illusions about the fact that the guy is a waste of space.

Not even David Copperfield could sell those illusions.
That's David Copperfield the magician by the way, not Dickens' literary character.