PDA

View Full Version : Cork City denied a licence; club to be wound up; FORAS to enter First Division

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76

luka
13/01/2010, 6:45 PM
Bill was paid I believe after the last time it was down

Mr A
13/01/2010, 6:53 PM
Statement Regarding Club Website
Cork City Football Club regrets to advise that our website is currently unavailable. This is as a result of correspondence sent to the club’s webmaster requesting his VAT number and inviting him to tender for the 2010 season. This correspondence is consistent with that sent to all service providers to the football club, and underlines our efforts to reduce costs and increase efficiencies for the coming season.

We would like to thank our former webmaster for his contribution to the club over the years, however in the interests of transparency such arrangements as may have existed in the past can no longer do so into the future.

The club hopes to launch a new official website shortly.

Classic stuff! Trying to make out like the webmaster is the unprofessional one rather than CCFC. Is there no low they won't stoop to?

tiktok
13/01/2010, 7:00 PM
Disgraceful petty statement, because someone had the temerity to ask for money owed?
They've really shot themselves in the foot this time with their petty, knee jerk reaction.
No website, which they need for licencing. I wouldn't mind but it's an award winning website, the webmaster won young designer of the year at the golden spiders this year.
No official email addresses, great for the commercial manager trying to contact and chase sponsors.

I can't wait to see the new website!

Doomofman
13/01/2010, 7:04 PM
It's not gonna be the same on here when this saga ends...

yiddo
13/01/2010, 7:35 PM
Bill was paid I believe after the last time it was down

wasn't paid by the club or by anyone at the club. the bill was paid by danny drew.

Disgraceful petty statement, because someone had the temerity to ask for money owed?
They've really shot themselves in the foot this time with their petty, knee jerk reaction.
No website, which they need for licencing. I wouldn't mind but it's an award winning website, the webmaster won young designer of the year at the golden spiders this year.
No official email addresses, great for the commercial manager trying to contact and chase sponsors.

I can't wait to see the new website!

I hear that the inhabitants of the Rushbrook bunker realise they've made a major **** up here and are running around trying to retrive the situation.

To little to late....

tiktok
13/01/2010, 9:24 PM
Apparently Tommy has had to call in Daddy to try to sort it out. :D

yiddo
13/01/2010, 9:34 PM

heard The Daddy No Bobs was on the case alright! You couldn't make it up :D

James
14/01/2010, 3:25 AM

whos daddy no bobs and whats his da got to do with anything?

tiktok
14/01/2010, 6:30 AM
whos daddy no bobs and whats his da got to do with anything?

You misunderstood James.
No code here, he's literally got his Daddy in to try to sort out the mess.

James
14/01/2010, 7:20 AM
jesusss

im having trouble in work here with some of the managers..
should i bring my da in to sort things!
get him to ring some of the managers in America!

what a tool our Tommy is

blackholesun
15/01/2010, 10:51 AM
I have heard rumours this morning that the revenue are set to go after CCFC again with another winding up order!

bhs

Mr_Parker
15/01/2010, 11:00 AM
I have heard rumours this morning that the revenue are set to go after CCFC again with another winding up order!

bhs

http://www.insolvencyjournal.ie/notices/10-01-15/Petition_to_Wind_Up_Cork_City_Investment_FC_Limite d.aspx

razor
15/01/2010, 11:09 AM
http://www.insolvencyjournal.ie/notices/10-01-15/Petition_to_Wind_Up_Cork_City_Investment_FC_Limite d.aspx
This must surely mean the end for Tom (fingers crossed).

HammerNThongs
15/01/2010, 11:21 AM
Genius

pineapple stu
15/01/2010, 11:26 AM
This must surely mean the end for Tom (fingers crossed).
Does it give time for FORAS to get a club together though?

Mr A
15/01/2010, 11:30 AM
This would make it seem a tad unlikely that CCFC have the necessary tax clearance cert for licensing purposes.

HammerNThongs
15/01/2010, 11:31 AM

Still have our license application in and all, so so far, yes, I would imagine it does. Though the sooner we know that CCFCILtd is bust, the better obviously.

tiktok
15/01/2010, 11:31 AM

I have a sneaky suspicion that FORAS might have been getting things together just in case something like this should happen! But it's true that it doesn't leave much time if the winding up order were successful.

It's Ironic, two days ago they were having digs at a volunteer that he should be VAT registered if he wanted to work with the club. Today, a winding up order by the revenue commisioners.

That, ladies and Gentlemen, is ****ing Karma!

pineapple stu
15/01/2010, 11:33 AM
The order is the day after the licences are announced too. It'd be hilarious if Cork got a licence and were wound up the next day.

brendy_éire
15/01/2010, 11:34 AM

Player-wise, Drogheda managed it last season.

James
15/01/2010, 11:35 AM
game over for TNB

GAME ON for FORAS :)

pineapple stu
15/01/2010, 11:44 AM
Yeah, but FORAS are presumably new to the whole running a club thing, sorting money, etc. I know they've been preparing for it, but starting from scratch is a lot more difficult to what Drogs did this year.

tippex
15/01/2010, 11:47 AM
would I be wrong in making an assumption that the powers that be will not be as accommodating as they have been in the past with the winding up orders.

Or am I making an incorrect assumption again?

razor
15/01/2010, 11:53 AM
I have a sneaky suspicion that FORAS might have been getting things together just in case something like this should happen! But it's true that it doesn't leave much time if the winding up order were successful.Sneaky Suspicion :D
Would FORAS be then running a solo mission or would any of the previous investment groups be prepared to get involved?

tiktok
15/01/2010, 11:54 AM
The order is the day after the licences are announced too. It'd be hilarious if Cork got a licence and were wound up the next day.

It's not Stu.

The Audited and submitted accounts have to be submitted by Jan 29th, at that stage the FAI have to pull together information for the Licencing committes and make a pitch in early Feb., with the decisions coming until the 14th/15th.

I'm 100% certain that Feb 1st, the date of the Court appt. will be before Cork City's licence decision is made. Of course, given past circumstances, I'm sure Coughlan will seek an adjounement in the hope of getting a licence and will use this and the tight new budget as evidence of his ability to repay the tax bill owed. That might work in his favour.

What will almost certainly work against him is that, unlike the last time, people like Gareth farrelly, the mystery benefactor who bailed Coughlan out last time might well row in behind the revenue and join the petition, in the slim hope that they'll get a few quid back as a result of this. If he's wound up, they'll get pennies, at least if they join the petition, the liquidator would be working on thier behalf too.

By the time Feb 1st comes around, Coughlan could be looking at a bill to be repayed far in excess of what if owed to the revenue. Mystery benefactor is owed at least €150k.

Longfordian
15/01/2010, 11:55 AM

Don't think the Licences are announced that day that's just the deadline for the submission of the financials. The meeting wouldn't be until a week or so later Id say.

tiktok
15/01/2010, 11:57 AM
Yeah, but FORAS are presumably new to the whole running a club thing, sorting money, etc.

Many of the people who had been running the club all along are FORAS members.

While some on the BoM won't have a second's experience of running a club, there are many many people who can be called on [and have been called on during the licence application process] who have years [some decades] of experience.

The trust is strong financially.

tiktok
15/01/2010, 11:59 AM
Would FORAS be then running a solo mission or would any of the previous investment groups be prepared to get involved?

Cash is King and investment groups can bring that.

Personally I think a solo mission is called for, if 400 people with a wide range of experience who are willing to roll up their sleeves and who have already handed over significant amounts of cash can be actually referred to as a 'solo' mission. ;)

razor
15/01/2010, 12:02 PM
Personally I think a solo mission is called for, if 400 people with a wide range of experience who are willing to roll up their sleeves and who have already handed over significant amounts of cash can be actually referred to as a 'solo' mission. ;)My sleeves are ready to roll.

pineapple stu
15/01/2010, 12:09 PM
Don't think the Licences are announced that day that's just the deadline for the submission of the financials. The meeting wouldn't be until a week or so later Id say.

It's not Stu.

The Audited and submitted accounts have to be submitted by Jan 29th, at that stage the FAI have to pull together information for the Licencing committes and make a pitch in early Feb., with the decisions coming until the 14th/15th.
Spoilsports... :(

weecountyman
15/01/2010, 12:12 PM
One question that I think everyone should ask, if TNB loses his licence bid, will be then go into the 1st or A. If so, he retains the name of CCFC?

One other question, what happens to Roddy? Will FORAS hire him? (Maybe this answers itself)

oriel
15/01/2010, 12:26 PM

You can include us in this situation now, current squad = 4 and that includes a keeper.

eelmonster
15/01/2010, 12:38 PM
You can include us in this situation now, current squad = 4 and that includes a keeper.

We had only 8 players signed this time last year, and Singh, Heary, Mansaram were among them.

Thankfully no Connor this time around.

passerrby
15/01/2010, 12:46 PM
Mystery benefactor is owed at least €150k.

poor frank and irene

Buile Shuibhne
15/01/2010, 12:48 PM
One question that I think everyone should ask, if TNB loses his licence bid, will be then go into the 1st or A. If so, he retains the name of CCFC?

If he lose his current Premier Div licence on the various financial issues, he won't get a licence for any division.

tiktok
15/01/2010, 12:49 PM

One other question, what happens to Roddy? Will FORAS hire him? (Maybe this answers itself)

If TNB doesn't get a licence, FORAS have applied for an 'A' Championship licence, but since New Derry City are being encouraged to pursue a 1st Divsion licence I'm sure there are conversations to be had.

IF CCIFL is wound up the Liquidator will try to dispose of the trading name as an asset to repay creditors, TNB can't keep it. The Crest/Rebel Army Logo are also asset, if anyone wants them, player contracts have been broken so many times I doubt they can be classed as assets.

tiktok
15/01/2010, 12:50 PM
poor frank and irene

That rumour is so 2009.
100% was not the FAI who bailed Coughlan out, though they certainly helped out in underwriting the loan agqainst prize money etc.

pineapple stu
15/01/2010, 12:58 PM
If he lose his current Premier Div licence on the various financial issues, he won't get a licence for any division.
Didn't Cobh not get any licence for 2009 and yet end up in the A League? Worst case scenario for Cork - no licence but TNB allowed operate in the A League.

Though I think Revenue will take care of everything.

blackholesun
15/01/2010, 1:02 PM
I cant see the revenue or judge taking any crap this time. The revenue must be raging after the stunt pulled the last time if they have to re-apply so quickly. Hopefully FORAS can buy the name and pick up the pieces in the A championship or first division.

bhs

HammerNThongs
15/01/2010, 1:07 PM
I cant see the revenue or judge taking any crap this time. The revenue must be raging after the stunt pulled the last time if they have to re-apply so quickly. Hopefully FORAS can buy the name and pick up the pieces in the A championship or first division.

bhs

That's the thing, it's no guarantee. Other investors may go for it too, but we can hope.

Mr A
15/01/2010, 1:15 PM
New avatar time methinks :)

marinobohs
15/01/2010, 1:25 PM

bhs

Ah, but it will all be different when Roddy tells them about the guaranteed licence ;)

culloty82
15/01/2010, 1:25 PM

bhs

That's the key issue, whatever club emerges needs to be able to apply for the First Division, Cobh will testify to the difficulties clubs face in the A Championship.

SÓC
15/01/2010, 2:46 PM
We'll assume you are being clandestine then shall we? Are you a FORAS member yourself? If not, why not? FORAS have been in touch with us for advisement well over a year, plenty of time to get structures in place.

I really hope he is a member or we're all in a lot of trouble!!!;)

Infadel
15/01/2010, 2:49 PM
Ah, but it will all be different when Roddy tells them about the guaranteed licence ;)

or maybe Coughlan might try the chewbacca defence.

Conroy
15/01/2010, 2:49 PM
If the Club is wound up, The European place will be void? Am i right in thinking Dundalk are next in line?

James
15/01/2010, 3:03 PM
I really hope he is a member or we're all in a lot of trouble!!!;)

thats something definitely worth checking out alright

tiktok
15/01/2010, 3:05 PM
I've had the theme tune to Countdown in my head all day :eek:

John83
15/01/2010, 3:32 PM
I've had the theme tune to Countdown in my head all day :eek:
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Now it's stuck in mine too. You *******.

Martinho II
15/01/2010, 7:14 PM
The previous question wasnt answered though.. If Foras get ownership of the club would they keep Ploddy Collins?