PDA

View Full Version : Cork City denied a licence; club to be wound up; FORAS to enter First Division

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76

weecountyman
12/02/2010, 4:46 PM
TBH I don't think that would happen unless there was backing from all other clubs.
It would take all clubs to row in on that.

Never happen as they're all going to stick together because it could be them next!

It's a very scary and sick joke, I do pity the real Cork fans, it's going to be a disaster with complete bankruptcy beckoning in less thana year.

blackholesun
12/02/2010, 4:50 PM
>If the proposed takeover goes ahead, it is hoped that the club will be assured of League of Ireland Premier Division and UEFA Europa League soccer for the coming season.

That looks like posturing by me, setting out their stall to agree to missing out on Europe in return to be let remain in the premier division. Can't see either happening btw ...

bhs

Schumi
12/02/2010, 5:08 PM
>If the proposed takeover goes ahead, it is hoped that the club will be assured of League of Ireland Premier Division and UEFA Europa League soccer for the coming season.

That looks like posturing by me, setting out their stall to agree to missing out on Europe in return to be let remain in the premier division. Can't see either happening btw ...

bhs
I'd be surprised if these guys would take on all the debt without being sure that they'd have premier football next year.

CSFShels
12/02/2010, 5:13 PM
They simply can't give them a Premier Licence, they just can't.

DmanDmythDledge
12/02/2010, 5:15 PM
Exactly, what about Matthews, Farrelly, the players still there and that have just left. They're all still owed money seemingly.

kid creole
12/02/2010, 5:15 PM
This situation really has me at the end of a very long rope in terms of supporting the league , we are a laughing stock to put it frankly , i dont see why waterford cant run up massive debt win a league or get a europa place asnd just give two fingers to everyone , sure we will be grand , aDROGS , CORK , DERRY , FAI hang your heads in shame.

CSFShels
12/02/2010, 5:18 PM
This would be without doubt the lowest of the low for the LOI. If this happens, I honestly couldn't even criticise barstoolers anymore.

Dodge
12/02/2010, 5:23 PM
Some here need to relax a little. Comments made down in Cork have proven not to be the most realistic, so just because Cork "wish" to obtain premier licence, doesn't neccessarily mean they will.

Of course when they do obtain that premier licence, open fire....

Longfordian
12/02/2010, 5:24 PM
Exactly, what about Matthews, Farrelly, the players still there and that have just left. They're all still owed money seemingly.

I presume when the Cork general manager says that the investors are working on the things needed to get the Licence they're trying to do deals with everyone. In a properly run licensing process it would be far too late but....

CSFShels
12/02/2010, 5:28 PM
Some here need to relax a little. Comments made down in Cork have proven not to be the most realistic, so just because Cork "wish" to obtain premier licence, doesn't neccessarily mean they will.

Of course when they do obtain that premier licence, open fire....
Its more the FAI's track record than any Cork comments that indicate the fudge is on its way.

OneForTheFuture
12/02/2010, 6:13 PM
Cork City will recieve a Prem License. As has been said previously, why would the new investors pay the outstanding monies only to be dumped into the A Championship or more likely the first Div. It has been indicated to the buyers (by the FAI) that if they make all the back payments they will have, more or less, bought a Premier Pass.....

SkStu
12/02/2010, 6:17 PM
thats certainly what it looks like to me too, D15-Red.

Mr A
12/02/2010, 6:56 PM
This really isn't getting any clearer. The takeover has not been accepted.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/soccer/2010/0212/1224264335109.html

Longfordian
12/02/2010, 7:07 PM
Tom is deliberately wrecking it methinks. What's his game? Why has he not accepted the offer and why is he leading people to believe he's gone?.

SkStu
12/02/2010, 7:08 PM
There is also nearly €400,000 of debt on the club, which will need to be addressed immediately if a league licence is to be secured from the FAI by the deadline at the start of next week.

'kin hell... how many deadlines have Cork had at this stage?

weecountyman
12/02/2010, 7:09 PM
The statement concluded: "The offer that was made by Peter Gray and Michael O’Connell, along with the Cork City Supporters’ Trust, Foras, was submitted to Cork City FC at 5.30pm on Thursday the 11th of February. The consortium has not yet had a response from Cork City FC in relation to their bid.

This is something that has concerned me ever since this emerged, and now gives the "misconstrued" statement by the FORAS head a different hue. So basically before the members met, FORAS had already decided to throw in their lot with the O'Connell and a man who once took up a couple of sideline advertising hoardings and sponsored the match day ball a few times in Milwall (still a sponsor is a sponsor). The smell emanating from this is getting worse.

Longfordian
12/02/2010, 7:23 PM
The FORAS people seem to be genuine people from the little I know of them and how they come across, I would imagine they'll have asked a lot of questions of the two lads but it's Tom & co I'd be concerned about. It could be his grand plan to let everyone think he's sold up, licence is given on Monday and then he pulls the plug on the deal. In fairness, I can't imagine that there's going to be a full legally binding agreement in place by Monday whatever the curent situation. TNB will probably have enough scrambled together to pay the tax bill but I can't see the investors paying anyone until they have everything signed off on. Is that good enough for the FAI is the question?. Monday will tell a tale.

Dodge
12/02/2010, 8:12 PM
LOL

just noticed the guys credentials were 'one time millwall sponsor'

seriously that's the funniest thing I've read in years. I've sponsored a couple of fellas who've run marathons, doesn't mean I can do it myself

superfrank
12/02/2010, 8:19 PM
What's his game?
He's secretly a Cobh fan. That's why he works out of the hotel down there.

Tbh, I've lost all interest in this saga. It just goes from drama to drama. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if CCFC do get a licence, although I hope the FAI take a solid stance to make sure that no other club can come along when they are in trouble and cry: "Precedent!". The banning of Tom Coughlan and the fact that they won't indulge him in the media is a promising sign.

Buile Shuibhne
12/02/2010, 8:59 PM
from the Irish Times article:

"Quintas confirms that Jim McCarthy has turned down the chairmanship offered as it would be in conflict with the role he is currently fulfilling for the consortium that has lodged a bid to take control of Cork City FC.

"Peter Gray, a member of the consortium, was also offered a seat on the board of Cork City FC. He has turned down this offer as it would be inappropriate given his involvement in the consortium looking to take over the club."

Does TNB know the difference between buyers and investors?

Why is TNB offering people places on the board if he is selling the club tonight or this weekend?

If sold, the old board is defunct and the new owners appoint their own board?

Longfordian
12/02/2010, 9:17 PM
He wants a way to hang on without being seen to be there would be my reading on it. He still seems to think he has a plan that'll fool everyone. I can't think of anything else that makes sense. I think though that the Cork general manager Meaney's quote of the investors working on what they had to do to get a licence can be discounted as crap given the statement saying that the group had had no response from Tom & co since 5.30 Thursday. No payments has to = no licence regardless of what happens Monday. Isn't the Licensing committee meeting on Sunday?.

Buile Shuibhne
12/02/2010, 9:49 PM
I think though that the Cork general manager Meaney's quote of the investors working on what they had to do to get a licence can be discounted as crap given the statement saying that the group had had no response from Tom & co since 5.30 Thursday.

Are they Investors or Buyers ?

Longfordian
12/02/2010, 9:58 PM
I obviously wasn't at the press conference so I don't know how Liam Meaney, Tom's mouthpiece, referred to them. The Cork forum had him quoted as calling them "investors", which would tie in with these people being offered seats on the board etc. They seem to see themselves as potential buyers and again this would tie in with them having turned down the offer. In short nobody knows what Tom is up to at present.

Edit: Latest talk on the Cork forum is that FORAS have agreed to throw their lot in with the consortium, taking a 20% stake for €100k. No word yet officially on what the exact status of the bid is but presumably the board are confident of everything being in place.

dcfcsteve
12/02/2010, 11:41 PM
Are they Investors or Buyers ?

No-one 'invests' in Irish football.

The word suggests at least a hope of a return.

In Irish football you don't even see your money back again, so it's donation not investment.

weecountyman
13/02/2010, 7:05 AM
Anyone else listening to Newstalk right now (Saturday edition?) - first up a "word" with the Cork boss re yesterday's announcement.

Edit: Piece over - "The deal's done, we're just waiting now to find out what their intentions are." "No, I don't know what they want to do, we have players signed but I don't know about what they want." "I'd like to stay on, sure, it's a great club, it's go massive potential, great fans, great facilities, far better than at Bohs when I took over. At Bohs it was a shambles when I took over, when I left we'd become the best club in Ireland, and the best Irish club in Europe." "I'd love to stay on, I feel so at home and the locals are great, real supporters." On the CAS case "I can't speak about that as my legal people are dealing with it. What I can say is they're only after money, fair enough, they say they have a case." "I can't comment on that" (if they have a case). "If FORAS have any sense they'll invest with the consortium, that's if they really want Cork City to survive. If they want to be selfish and kill football in Cork then they'll keep shouting from the sides."

Pretty bland overall, tomorrow Tom is being interviewed on a Newstalk show whose name I didn't catch (or it could be tonight on an extra show).

Jofspring
13/02/2010, 9:18 AM
Can Collins not go a day without mentioning all the magnificent things he did at Bohs :rolleyes:

Scrufil
13/02/2010, 9:24 AM
If new owners come in can they release Roddy from his non-binding contract straight away as he is still with a foreign club?

weecountyman
13/02/2010, 9:46 AM
If new owners come in can they release Roddy from his non-binding contract straight away as he is still with a foreign club?

That made me wonder too, of course they can, as he admitted signing a false statement so if he tries it on with Cork for compo he'll have it taken from him double by the Maltese. I know I shouldn't feel it, but is there anyone else who feels a little sorry for the man. I mean, if brains were dynamite he wouldn't have enough to blow the hair out of his nostrils, but did he really think that going to a club already qualified for Europe was better than developing a club? Or worse, when he talks about loyalty - he had no problem slamming players for grumbling over not being paid for 3 months, then told lies about not being paid to gain sympathy and an excuse for running away from Malta. I do wonder about his mental state, he doesn't seem to grasp reality, plus Paul Doolin said only an insane person would want the Cork job (after leaving). All pretty sad.

Joe Strummer
13/02/2010, 9:59 AM
Have a read of todays Star.The rubbish that Collins is coming out with is unbelievable

derm
13/02/2010, 11:11 AM
The statement concluded: "The offer that was made by Peter Gray and Michael O’Connell, along with the Cork City Supporters’ Trust, Foras, was submitted to Cork City FC at 5.30pm on Thursday the 11th of February. The consortium has not yet had a response from Cork City FC in relation to their bid.

This is something that has concerned me ever since this emerged, and now gives the "misconstrued" statement by the FORAS head a different hue. So basically before the members met, FORAS had already decided to throw in their lot with the O'Connell and a man who once took up a couple of sideline advertising hoardings and sponsored the match day ball a few times in Milwall (still a sponsor is a sponsor). The smell emanating from this is getting worse.

The statement refers to the final draft of the document which was given to all concerned parties. I think the deadline for agreement is early Monday morning, so no decision was taken by Foras BoM. The final document was presented to members to vote on and it was decided to proceed with the takeover bid. All depends on TNB now.

paudie
13/02/2010, 11:34 AM
That made me wonder too, of course they can, as he admitted signing a false statement so if he tries it on with Cork for compo he'll have it taken from him double by the Maltese. I know I shouldn't feel it, but is there anyone else who feels a little sorry for the man. I mean, if brains were dynamite he wouldn't have enough to blow the hair out of his nostrils, but did he really think that going to a club already qualified for Europe was better than developing a club? Or worse, when he talks about loyalty - he had no problem slamming players for grumbling over not being paid for 3 months, then told lies about not being paid to gain sympathy and an excuse for running away from Malta. I do wonder about his mental state, he doesn't seem to grasp reality, plus Paul Doolin said only an insane person would want the Cork job (after leaving). All pretty sad.

Not really

weecountyman
13/02/2010, 11:56 AM
The statement refers to the final draft of the document which was given to all concerned parties. I think the deadline for agreement is early Monday morning, so no decision was taken by Foras BoM. The final document was presented to members to vote on and it was decided to proceed with the takeover bid. All depends on TNB now.

Derm, what I truly don't understand is this. FORAS throw their lot in and get 20% of a company that already owes more than half a million (as well as other liabilities which will push debts up closer to a million). So all the "investment" disappears in one go and the club is back to square one in a year or less. From a business point of view for all concerned it would make sense for Tom and his cronies to go under, lose a licence they aren't eligible for anyway, and FORAS, with their new co-investors, lump into the 1st Division, develop a strong youth section, win promotion and in 3-4 years be in Europe and challenging Dundalk for the Premier (I can dream awake as well as asleep).

Joe, just read the Star, unbelievable! How can they print this!

"If you're half a man you accept there is a financial disaster going on in the whole of the world, not just in your little world, and your little house in Cork. You have to have some loyalty and respect for the people who did pay you over the past 5-6 years, that is the supporters who paid their money, you don't turn on them, and that's what has been done." "I'm not condoning what owners have done, because they didn't know what they were doing in the first place. Salaries were a disgrace, an abuse of finances, players laughing all the way to the bank. I blame them for having a laugh. We'll spin a yarn, we love Cork, we want to come back. it's the biggest load of crap I've ever heard."

Loyalty is paramount to any success, whether it's a marriage, a family or a football club. And it's not happening.

The first year I was at Dalymount......my success was the cause of Irish wages going up! Bohemians made a profit when I was there. Gravy train over, soft @rse players won't be in Cork while I'm here!

El-Pietro
13/02/2010, 12:04 PM
weecountyman - we had a four hour meeting last night, it was discussed to death - we have a very comprehensive legal document in place
theres a lot more to it than us just getting 20% and all the debts

weecountyman
13/02/2010, 12:11 PM
weecountyman - we had a four hour meeting last night, it was discussed to death - we have a very comprehensive legal document in place

I understand that El-Pietro, that it's only a portion we're getting in the public domain, but it just seems like the supporters are selling themselves short, this is my opinion and I hope to heavens I'm wrong. I still believe Tom will be there for a lot longer yet and the farce will continue. But if the supporters can get rid of him, Roddy and the other ne'er do wells then it's going to be at least a move in the right direction.

Partizan
13/02/2010, 1:00 PM
It would be absolute madness if FORAS signed into this deal. The investors want €100k off them to acquire a 20% stake in the Club. FFS its not even worth that, they are essentially buying into the liabilities. FORAS would be better off starting with a new club from scratch and that €100k would be better spent on a new entity in the First Division. FORAS are selling themseles and the Cork supporters down the river.

CCFC should be put out of their misery and declared dead.

Partizan
13/02/2010, 1:03 PM
There's nothing comprehensve about it ****ie. You are essentially buying 20% of debt, end of. FORAS once again showing themselves for what they really are.....spineless.

White Horse
13/02/2010, 2:30 PM

Start again with a new club wholly owned by Foras. The current entity is doomed through years of mismanagement. They will only drag Foras down with them.

micls
13/02/2010, 3:25 PM
Just to clarify.

The no.1 aim of FORAS, which you can find on our website, is and has always been to get a shareholding in Cork City FC and a meaningful role in the running of the club. The aim has never been to start again on our own and try to buy the name and history back. That was always a safety net, nothing else.

Last nights decision gave us the chance to fulfil our main aim, it also gave us the chance to have a meaningful role in the decision making of our club, Cork City FC. That mightnt mean much to you, but it means a hell of a lot to FORAS members, all of whom are Cork City fans.

If it comes to it we will rise from the ashes from liquidation and start again, but while there's any hope of saving the club in its current form then we will take it. Yes, itl be harder to honour the debts rather than just write them off and start again, but the same people who are whinging about this decision were calling Derry cheats for doing exactly that.

This deal will allow us to achieve a 20% shareholding in our club. Yes there are risks, but I have full faith in teh strength of our membership to pull us out of the hole we're currently in.

This is step one or a long process where eventually we will entirely own our club, and when we get there we'l know we did it the right way, paying what was owed, working hard and building up OUR club Cork City FC to be great again.

Weve done everything we can, its up to Tom now. If he turns it down then at least we can face the new season with starting again knowing we did everything we could to stop the old company from folding and screwing all the creditors.

We discussed the ins and outs of this in detail for hours, we know the risks and we aso know the advantages and forgive us if the opinions of outsiders dont shape our thinking. Were doing whats best for our club in our eyes. Well soon see if it works.

MariborKev
13/02/2010, 3:32 PM
We discussed the ins and outs of this in detail for hours, we know the risks and we aso know the advantages and forgive us if the opinions of outsiders dont shape our thinking. Were doing whats best for our club in our eyes. Well soon see if it works.

Here here. Best of luck, whether it be in this consortium or a solo effort.

John83
13/02/2010, 4:14 PM
TBH I don't think that would happen unless there was backing from all other clubs.
It would take all clubs to row in on that.
I agree. It wouldn't be in Bray's best interests.

yiddo
13/02/2010, 4:37 PM
forgive us if the opinions of outsiders dont shape our thinking. Were doing whats best for our club in our eyes. Well soon see if it works.

voted against it but agree with your re outside opinions. we've made our decision and we move on together just like we've done since day1.

Mad Moose
13/02/2010, 5:23 PM
Just to clarify.

The no.1 aim of FORAS, which you can find on our website, is and has always been to get a shareholding in Cork City FC and a meaningful role in the running of the club. The aim has never been to start again on our own and try to buy the name and history back. That was always a safety net, nothing else.

Last nights decision gave us the chance to fulfil our main aim, it also gave us the chance to have a meaningful role in the decision making of our club, Cork City FC. That mightnt mean much to you, but it means a hell of a lot to FORAS members, all of whom are Cork City fans.

If it comes to it we will rise from the ashes from liquidation and start again, but while there's any hope of saving the club in its current form then we will take it. Yes, itl be harder to honour the debts rather than just write them off and start again, but the same people who are whinging about this decision were calling Derry cheats for doing exactly that.

This deal will allow us to achieve a 20% shareholding in our club. Yes there are risks, but I have full faith in teh strength of our membership to pull us out of the hole we're currently in.

This is step one or a long process where eventually we will entirely own our club, and when we get there we'l know we did it the right way, paying what was owed, working hard and building up OUR club Cork City FC to be great again.

Weve done everything we can, its up to Tom now. If he turns it down then at least we can face the new season with starting again knowing we did everything we could to stop the old company from folding and screwing all the creditors.

Very well put honest post on why FORAS have decided as they have. Always always nice to have honesty in decision making and the integriy that with goes along with explaining the decision, warts and all. I say warts and all because while I respect the decision and honesty of the decision I think FORAS will in supporting the maintenance of the current position will fuel Tom's claim that he is responsible for saving and ensuring the future of the club. With Roddy Collins in place there is only one outcome and a sad outcome associated with this. Its easy to focus on all thats wrong with this decision though my hope is that FORAS will succeed. It really is. I think your post is one of the better posts I have read on this forum for some time. Far from doing a Derry City and cheating in its existence before cowering into administration and leaving unpaid creditors, FORAS are prepared to take a gamble and rise from the flames and create something out of it. Lets just say one thing this league needs is honesty in decision making. I always think that the majority of people will always resond to honesty and though not everyone will agree with the decision I think they will appreciate and support the integrity and honesty. As I say I hope it pays off. As a personal wish I hope a first decision is getting rid of the anthithesis of honesty and integrity that is Roddy Collins on the basis that his contract is not a legitimate one based on how he took the post while still contracted to Floriana. As a condition of the offer FORAS must be very forthright on what it demands happens as a condition of coming on board.

Above alll good luck to all involved.

weecountyman
13/02/2010, 5:52 PM
Just spoke with my buddy who works with the Floriana keeper, he said that on Maltese TV last night (they have carneval there) the club president, the great Joe, said that the club have filed papers with the CAS and will proceed with a prosecution if Cork don't do the right thing. However this gives an out to the new "rainbow coalition of good". Roddy illegally signed a contract with CCFC, he admitted this himself (he had to as the papers were going to publish copies of contracts and correspondance). So FORAS and co can simply tell him to hit the road without owing a red cent. In fact if they try to use Roddy in a competitive game they themselves will be subject to a lawsuit and liable to pay up what the Maltese are owed. So maybe it'll work out well for all concerned :-)

El-Pietro
13/02/2010, 6:28 PM
Just as a comment there Harpsbear

we couldn't give a flying Fudge what Tom goes around telling people once our club is saved.

It will be interesting what Shelbourne and UCD fans etc, who have for a long time been giving out about clubs not paying their way and paying back everything they owe will think of our stance.
Had we decided enough was enough, we would be starting fresh and be screwing over our creditors, ex players, suppliers, sponsers etc. But we would be in the first division.
If this goes through (though nothing is guaranteed) it appears we will get some form of Premier License (with sanctions I would imagine, be they fines points deductions or whatever) but we will have paid our way. Granted we havent met the deadlines, but if we do manage to pay everything we owe, wouldn't we deserve a shot at the premier (with a severely weakened side)

It wouldn;t be that much of a fudge from the FAI considering their rules state that the sanctions for missing licensing deadlines start with a €15,000 fine.

weecountyman
13/02/2010, 6:53 PM
Just as a comment there Harpsbear

we couldn't give a flying Fudge what Tom goes around telling people once our club is saved.

It will be interesting what Shelbourne and UCD fans etc, who have for a long time been giving out about clubs not paying their way and paying back everything they owe will think of our stance.
Had we decided enough was enough, we would be starting fresh and be screwing over our creditors, ex players, suppliers, sponsers etc. But we would be in the first division.
If this goes through (though nothing is guaranteed) it appears we will get some form of Premier License (with sanctions I would imagine, be they fines points deductions or whatever) but we will have paid our way. Granted we havent met the deadlines, but if we do manage to pay everything we owe, wouldn't we deserve a shot at the premier (with a severely weakened side)

It wouldn;t be that much of a fudge from the FAI considering their rules state that the sanctions for missing licensing deadlines start with a €15,000 fine.

El Pietro, I think you're getting confused on things, everyone wants FORAS to suceed, and there is no reason why they shouldn't as a completely new start up club, not burdened by the idiots dragged in before the supporters had a hand in their own destiny. Going ahead as is now means spending all available money on covering others, and still being stuck with more to pay and no working capital. No matter what sponsors and investors will be worried about touching any new entity that is so tainted and there is every chance that FORAS will be sitting with money in the bank with no club, no licence and fans disillusioned even more. Again, nobody would begrudge FORAS stepping out alone, with a new licence, let Tom and his clowns sink into oblivion and if O'Connell and the "Milwall sponsor" are serious they'll row in behind the new club and have it well set and moving.

El-Pietro
13/02/2010, 7:05 PM
Neither O'Connell nor Gray seem to want any long term involvement. It would appear that O'Connell is owed money by CCIFL and is willing to convert his debt to shares, but from what we can gather he would be very much willing to allow us to purchase his shares from him in the short to medium term.

As for Gray, he lives in Kinsale, and we don't know a whole lot about him but in this new consortium he should have enough power to run the company on his own but has actually allowed us to have far more of a say than our 20% should allow.

We don't want a new club. We support Cork City FC. If we have to we will pick up the pieces and start again, but as has been said, while there is a chance we can save our club then we are going to do whatever it takes to save it.

If you would like a say in what FORAS does then you are more than welcome to join at any time, its just €120 a year for an adult, while there are also options for students, u16s, OAPs and the unwaged. All quite reasonable I might add. http://www.forastrust.ie

weecountyman
13/02/2010, 7:12 PM
Neither O'Connell nor Gray seem to want any long term involvement. It would appear that O'Connell is owed money by CCIFL and is willing to convert his debt to shares, but from what we can gather he would be very much willing to allow us to purchase his shares from him in the short to medium term.

As for Gray, he lives in Kinsale, and we don't know a whole lot about him but in this new consortium he should have enough power to run the company on his own but has actually allowed us to have far more of a say than our 20% should allow.

We don't want a new club. We support Cork City FC. If we have to we will pick up the pieces and start again, but as has been said, while there is a chance we can save our club then we are going to do whatever it takes to save it.

If you would like a say in what FORAS does then you are more than welcome to join at any time, its just €120 a year for an adult, while there are also options for students, u16s, OAPs and the unwaged. All quite reasonable I might add. http://www.forastrust.ie

El Pietro, I don't deny for a moment your sincerity and dedication to the cause, however I emboldened a few pieces that are rather telling in their betrayal of underlying feelings.

One question, if this "takeover" founders and falls, and the club goes out of business on Monday or whenever, and the name is still there but unable to be bought - who are you then? Do FORAS start up Cork FC? Or simply transfer allegiance to local clubs in the Munster League or a reformed Cobh?

micls
13/02/2010, 7:19 PM
We still have the licence application for the 1st division, the same back up it always was. we have voted on a budget and all other things we'd need, have deals in place and are basically ready to go if needs be.

This possible deal doesnt change any of that, all of which was voted on before we moved on to discuss the deal last night.

But it's still the fallback option, as it was designed to be.

weecountyman
13/02/2010, 7:33 PM
We still have the licence application for the 1st division, the same back up it always was. we have voted on a budget and all other things we'd need, have deals in place and are basically ready to go if needs be.

This possible deal doesnt change any of that, all of which was voted on before we moved on to discuss the deal last night.

But it's still the fallback option, as it was designed to be.

I truly hope FORAS have the main stake in the club, it is the only progressive way forward for clubs in Ireland - community and supporter backed with local authorities showing goodwill. Cork is a genuine sports city (from soccer to GAA to boxing to athletics to basketball to rugby all have good following) and the right set up will flourish. But what will happen with the players currently wondering about their future, and Roddy. Will the new administration keep the "big man" and pay his current employers what they're owed to release him, or give him his marching orders? After all, Floriana are owed by Cork (the amount is somewhere on this thread I think from an Indo or Echo article).

yiddo
13/02/2010, 7:36 PM
El Pietro, I don't deny for a moment your sincerity and dedication to the cause, however I emboldened a few pieces that are rather telling in their betrayal of underlying feelings.

One question, if this "takeover" founders and falls, and the club goes out of business on Monday or whenever, and the name is still there but unable to be bought - who are you then? Do FORAS start up Cork FC? Or simply transfer allegiance to local clubs in the Munster League or a reformed Cobh?

oh don't worry bout the name we have that sorted since last night but it will cost you 120 euro to find out ;)