PDA

View Full Version : Cork City denied a licence; club to be wound up; FORAS to enter First Division

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76

sonofstan
20/10/2009, 10:47 AM
Im sure Rovers could try bring action against CCFC for not turning up and costing them money but whats the point.

Could we bring an action against them for possibly costing us the league?

Nedser
20/10/2009, 10:48 AM
So that would mean them not fulfilling the Rovers game tomorrow up in Tallaght?

If so - and the FAI apply their rules correctly - then Rovers will be handed a 3-0 win.

Interesting times indeed

Or here's an even more interesting scenario - Cork are wound up/withdraw from the league, and all games involving them this season are declared null and void (as I believe happened when Dublin City disbanded mid season). This would mean all teams would lose the points they have taken off Cork so far this season. Bohs would lose 9 points, while SRFC would lose only 3. League title effectively decided, and the League of Ireland descends to an unprecedented level of farce.

HulaHoop
20/10/2009, 11:06 AM
Could we bring an action against them for possibly costing us the league?

Sure Cork practicaly rolled over for you last Friday too. If Rovers go on to win the league, it's not Cork that's to blame. it will be entirely your own fault for throwing away the 8 point lead you had not long ago.

Mr A
20/10/2009, 11:17 AM
So TNB pulls another rabbit from the hat and the circus rolls on. Better for the league I guess, at least in the short term.

centre mid
20/10/2009, 11:31 AM
Frank And Irene step in ?

Ash
20/10/2009, 11:35 AM
Whatever about Cork City to be wound up I find this entire thing to be a wind
up. Maybe I'm reading it wrong but every week it seems to be

1. Cork players not paid
2. Cork players threaten strike of deadline not met
3. Night before deadline, TNB asks for extension
4. Players extend deadline
5. Go back to 1.

Now maybe I am reading it wrong but if not the players should either **** or get off the pot

sonofstan
20/10/2009, 11:53 AM
Sure Cork practicaly rolled over for you last Friday too. If Rovers go on to win the league, it's not Cork that's to blame. it will be entirely your own fault for throwing away the 8 point lead you had not long ago.

I do know that.

micls
20/10/2009, 12:11 PM
It's not confirmed that they've been paid, the game is still in doubt apparently.

micls
20/10/2009, 12:14 PM
Latest: Players have boarded the bus at Silversprings.....they were given bank drafts by a club representative according to Billy Barry on 96FM - he and other media were at Silversprings.

Sicuani
20/10/2009, 12:18 PM
Latest: Players have boarded the bus at Silversprings.....they were given bank drafts by a club representative according to Billy Barry on 96FM - he and other media were at Silversprings.

Yes, but the drafts are from the DSB Bank...players should really keep an eye on the Financial news...:rolleyes:

RoversHead
20/10/2009, 12:25 PM
Match on and rumour has it FAI have payed players.

Schumi
20/10/2009, 12:28 PM
RTE now says that if the money isn't in the players' accounts by 4pm, they won't travel. But, surely they'd already have to be on the road by that time?:confused:Sure it'd take until then for the bus man to be paid anyway.

sonofstan
20/10/2009, 12:35 PM
Match on and rumour has it FAI have payed players.

This would seem to point to an obvious interim solution to the issue: the FAI should take over the running of the club until the last day of the season to ensure that Cork's problems don't affect other clubs with regard to league placings - not only who wins the league, but who is relegated.

micls
20/10/2009, 12:42 PM
Danny Murphy is not on the bus apparently.

Was paid by cheque, so got off and is gone to the bank with McGuinness.

Presumably, if it bounces the bus will return to Cork, if it clears McGuinness will probably bring him up

RĂ©iteoir
20/10/2009, 12:44 PM
Danny Murphy is not on the bus apparently.

Was paid by cheque, so got off and is gone to the bank with McGuinness.

Imagine the panic if when they get to the bank - the cheques won't process correctly - Murphy gets on the phone to the rest of the players on the bus - bus goes no further

John83
20/10/2009, 12:50 PM
Imagine the panic if when they get to the bank - the cheques won't process correctly - Murphy gets on the phone to the rest of the players on the bus - bus goes no further
If the rest of them were paid by bank drafts, as has been claimed a few posts back, the rest of them are as good as paid. You have to buy a draft - the money is there. Of course, they might still refuse to play if Murphy hasn't been paid.

micls
20/10/2009, 12:53 PM
. Of course, they might still refuse to play if Murphy hasn't been paid.

They'd have to. They'd lose all respect if they played when one of them wasn't paid.

blackholesun
20/10/2009, 1:00 PM
They'd have to. They'd lose all respect if they played when one of them wasn't paid.

They could all decide to have a collection from their wages to pay his!

Is there a fit and proper persons test for directors?

I think at the end of the season, the FAI should refuse Cork City FC a license to play in the premier next season under Coughlan and lets FORAS pick up the pieces as Cork City AFC or whatever in the A-league and rebuild.

bhs

John83
20/10/2009, 1:01 PM
I would hope so. Not sure how that stands legally though, regarding strike notice and all that lark.

Actually, it just occurred to me, surely Murphy won't know if the cheque will bounce for a few days yet?

placid casual
20/10/2009, 1:02 PM
There's a TV movie in all of this.
farcical.

John83
20/10/2009, 1:02 PM
No.

I think at the end of the season, the FAI should refuse Cork City FC a license to play in the premier next season under Coughlan and lets FORAS pick up the pieces as Cork City AFC or whatever in the A-league and rebuild.

bhs
It's quite possible that this is what will happen. It's difficult to believe Cork could possibly meet all of the criteria as it stands.

RoversHead
20/10/2009, 1:03 PM
Can anyone confirm that this is FAI money?while I have no issue with players in this situation getting money from the FAI, I do have an issue with FAI paying wages on behalf of CCFC.

micls
20/10/2009, 1:05 PM
I would hope so. Not sure how that stands legally though, regarding strike notice and all that lark.

Actually, it just occurred to me, surely Murphy won't know if the cheque will bounce for a few days yet?
Strike notice has been given if all of them werent paid.

Macy
20/10/2009, 1:05 PM
If Murphy's cheque doesn't clear and the rest of the players play, they deserve whatever happens come next pay day (which is after the end of the season).

If you take a cheque to the issuing branch they should clear it/ cash it there and then afaik.

Mr A
20/10/2009, 1:10 PM
Murphy on the way to Dublin according to CCFC forum.

shep
20/10/2009, 1:11 PM
If Murphy's cheque doesn't clear and the rest of the players play, they deserve whatever happens come next pay day (which is after the end of the season).

If you take a cheque to the issuing branch they should clear it/ cash it there and then afaik.

If its a bank draft it cannot be cancelled unless lost or stolen,however it cannot be cashed as all drafts are crossed and account payee only,which means in some cases players may have to wait until it clears

Macy
20/10/2009, 1:48 PM
As reported on the News at One, all players except Murphy were paid by bank draft, which is as good as cash. Murphy was paid by cheque, and understandable enough he wanted to check it wasn't made of rubber.

osarusan
20/10/2009, 1:53 PM
If Cork had to do a Limerick - i.e. be called something random for 5mins whilst the club gets wrestled off of Coughlan, before changing itself back to CCFC - then what would be the issue with that ? :confused:I was wondering this myself. In fact, if the name change was portrayed as the only way not to have to form a new club but just as a way to get rid of TNB, then I can't see what the problem is.

CMcC
20/10/2009, 2:09 PM
As reported on the News at One, all players except Murphy were paid by bank draft, which is as good as cash. Murphy was paid by cheque, and understandable enough he wanted to check it wasn't made of rubber.

Hope the locks on the dressing rooms in Tallaght are working and strong;)

Raheen
20/10/2009, 2:10 PM
If its a bank draft it cannot be cancelled unless lost or stolen,however it cannot be cashed as all drafts are crossed and account payee only,which means in some cases players may have to wait until it clears

By definition, a bank draft doesn't need to clear, once lodged, the money is in the account. Different banks have different rules on how they are handled but for safety reasons they have to be lodged into the payee account.

A cheque on the otherhand can take time, especially if other cheques are coming and going from drawers account.

If the players received a bank draft they are paid. Better very late than never..

Ash
20/10/2009, 2:11 PM
There's a TV movie in all of this.
farcical.

Straight to the Hallmark Channel ... Staring Brian Dennehy as Tom Coughlin

bluemovie
20/10/2009, 2:30 PM

No fit and proper person would ever want to be a League of Ireland chairman.

Actually, no fit and proper person would ever want to be a League of Ireland fan. Why would you want to spend a Tuesday morning discussing the intricacies of bank drafts and cheque clearances while wondering whether players will travel to the match that night when you could turn on the telly at 7.45 and 'support' 'your' team in the Champions League from the comfort of your sitting room?

shep
20/10/2009, 2:58 PM
By definition, a bank draft doesn't need to clear, once lodged, the money is in the account. Different banks have different rules on how they are handled but for safety reasons they have to be lodged into the payee account.

A cheque on the otherhand can take time, especially if other cheques are coming and going from drawers account.

If the players received a bank draft they are paid. Better very late than never..

Once lodged although by definition they are safe and "cleared"..they still go through the normal cheque clearing system which can take 3/5 working days.Only way it clears straight away is if the persons account happens to be in the same branch that the bank draft was purchased in

Rusty
20/10/2009, 3:20 PM
Why was Murphy paid by cheque?

rambler14
20/10/2009, 3:29 PM
Why was Murphy paid by cheque?

To add to the drama!

SMorgan
20/10/2009, 3:55 PM
I recall that poor Danny Murphy seems to be always on the receiving end.

Wasn't it the case that previously everybody in the team got paid except him?

micls
20/10/2009, 3:57 PM
I recall that poor Danny Murphy seems to be always on the receiving end.

Wasn't it the case that previously everybody in the team got paid except him?

Yeah.

He also came out of examinership having written off a large amount as a creditor as he signed a contract with Arkaga which meant half his wages would be paid at the end of the season, cos he wanted to come back here.

Mr A
20/10/2009, 4:07 PM
Just goes to show, if you show weakness to these sort of people they'll just walk all over you.

micls
24/10/2009, 5:38 PM
Our u17 manager was sacked this morning. Just interviewed on local radio redfm:

Sacked because of criticism he made of the club in an interview during the week.

- The club have abandoned the youth and U-17s....

- Training cancelled twice in the past few weeks due to money not paid for training facilities at Eire Og. Young players won't come near Cork City because of what is going on....

- The club is in big trouble

- No interest in keeping the underage structure going

marty
24/10/2009, 7:27 PM
The sooner the club is sent to start from scratch the better,cant understand why the fans hadn"t got involved at an earlier stage.If they do happen to gain control-either through foras or whatever-than they will need to aquire an asset of some sort be it a training pitch or something.I dont have any sympathy for the club at all,this is an all familiar sight in Cork football...

Celdrog
24/10/2009, 8:25 PM
- No interest in keeping the underage structure goingMicls - aren't Foras involved with the underage teams at some level, or will TNB not even let you near them?

tiktok
24/10/2009, 9:26 PM
Micls - aren't Foras involved with the underage teams at some level, or will TNB not even let you near them?

We offered but don't have anything to do with what now seems a rapidly crumbling underage structure. Personally, with Pat Curran's sacking and one or two other things that happened in thd last ten days or so, I can't see it happening now. Member's meeting on Wednesday will help provide direction on that.

CSFShels
24/10/2009, 10:57 PM
I'm beginning to get increasingly nervous that Cork City are actually going to be in the Premier Division next season.

The Lep
24/10/2009, 11:45 PM
I wouldnt bet against it

SMorgan
25/10/2009, 8:22 AM
I'm beginning to get increasingly nervous that Cork City are actually going to be in the Premier Division next season.

There is absolutely no doubt about that. Hell will freeze over before the FAI act.

gael353
25/10/2009, 8:49 AM
Can anyone confirm that this is FAI money?while I have no issue with players in this situation getting money from the FAI, I do have an issue with FAI paying wages on behalf of CCFC.

of course it cant be confirmed but you can take it as read, in a few months time when foras or new owners ask for a dig out they will be reminded of the time that......:rolleyes:

tiktok
25/10/2009, 10:50 AM
of course it cant be confirmed but you can take it as read, in a few months time when foras or new owners ask for a dig out they will be reminded of the time that......:rolleyes:

You can take it as a rumour, despite the conspiracy theorists' protestations.

passerrby
25/10/2009, 10:58 AM

lets face it who else would be so stupid

Ezeikial
25/10/2009, 11:01 AM

Of course it is an unconfirmed rumour.

The distinction here is that most people believe it is probably true. Understandably neither party are likely to confirm it.

tiktok
25/10/2009, 11:39 AM
Of course it is an unconfirmed rumour.

The distinction here is that most people believe it is probably true. Understandably neither party are likely to confirm it.

People are assuming it's true in the absence of an alternative rumour.
There's a name circulating around Cork as to the identity of the revenue loan and another widely held about last tuesday's pay being possible because of a recent property sale by Coughlan.

I'm not saying it's false, I don't know, but there are a few more likely scenarios out there