PDA

View Full Version : Cork City denied a licence; club to be wound up; FORAS to enter First Division

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76

Schumi
11/01/2010, 2:37 PM
City's underage teams were always very competitive. We won the u20 Cup last season. The 4-2 extratime victory over UCD in the semi-final was the most exciting game I saw last season.
That was 2008. Your under 20s in 2009 were poor enough I think.

tiktok
11/01/2010, 2:40 PM
full details here http://corkcityfc.ie/main.php?action=newsLink&headlineID=1226

Just reading that again, it includes:
Under 18’s - €400 ( no power in the voting processes)

An u18 season ticket costs €89. Can an u18 can even play a lottery game?
So an u18 could be paying €321 extra on top of a season ticket price for the right to not vote on who the honorary club chairman would be? Has this been thought through at all?

pineapple stu
11/01/2010, 2:40 PM
Didn't get out of their group. (http://foot.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=118929&page=6)

(And it was 5-3 we lost to Cork; remember it being strange how our final win against Salthill was so similar)

tiktok
11/01/2010, 2:41 PM
That was 2008. Your under 20s in 2009 were poor enough I think.

Was it? Christ, time flies when your club is going through hell.
No surprise I guess that standards dropped off last year with the way the youth structure was funded. By the way, has Shane Duggan rejoined you.

pineapple stu
11/01/2010, 2:45 PM
By the way, has Shane Duggan rejoined you.
News to the club, apparently!

Maybe Rusty hasn't told anyone yet.

John83
11/01/2010, 3:09 PM
Supposed to be talking to us though, right? That's probably the source of what Tictok heard.

pineapple stu
11/01/2010, 3:15 PM
Whole thing seemed to surprise Maccer. But as I said, it's quite possible that's Rusty's remit until it comes to the paperwork.

Edit - misread "has he re-signed" as "he has re-signed" in tiktok's post. Disregard.

John83
11/01/2010, 3:18 PM
Me too. We should set up a support group for UCD fans who can't read good and can't do other stuff good too.

LeixlipRed
11/01/2010, 3:21 PM
I popped over to the Cork forum for a brief glance and I'm surprised to see that not everyone is anti-TNB/Roddy/CCFC. Is this purely because of the return of Georgie rubbish we're hearing or are their Cork fans who are completely fooled by this crook? Honest question to Cork fans on here.

tiktok
11/01/2010, 3:26 PM
I popped over to the Cork forum for a brief glance and I'm surprised to see that not everyone is anti-TNB/Roddy/CCFC. Is this purely because of the return of Georgie rubbish we're hearing or are their Cork fans who are completely fooled by this crook? Honest question to Cork fans on here.

No-one is anti-CCFC.
A good few people are willing to give Roddy a chance.
No-one wants TNB at the club, but a few are resigned to being stuck with him and getting on with that. At least that's my understanding.

LeixlipRed
11/01/2010, 8:07 PM
When I said anti-CCFC I meant against the current regime. Are the people who are willing to give Roddy a chance the usual "GOC is god" fools or what?

dcfcsteve
11/01/2010, 8:17 PM
For the interest of Cork fans from In Nazzjon newspaper: http://www.nazzjon.com.mt/

Collins signed "In good faith" by Paul Agius

On his allegations "I was angry and misquoted, sure I wouldn't have been in Malta if I wasn't getting paid right. They paid me right, they helped me out and understood my situation. I didn't mean what I said and I'm sorry it caused hurt to the club and people involved. I only wish them the best and maybe I can go back there to manage them one day."

:eek:

Is Shoddy really that deluded !?!? There isn't a club he's been at who would have him back.

I'd love to know what his wife is like by the way. I suspect she's probably pretty dim and in awe of him. Can't see any other reason why she wouldn't see through his bullsh!t or put up with the perennial turmoil he creates.

Acornvilla
11/01/2010, 8:22 PM
:eek:

Is Shoddy really that deluded !?!? There isn't a club he's been at who would have him back.

I'd love to know what his wife is like by the way. I suspect she's probably pretty dim and in awe of him. Can't see any other reason why she wouldn't see through his bullsh!t or put up with the perennial turmoil he creates.
maybe he beats her?

yiddo
11/01/2010, 8:31 PM
When I said anti-CCFC I meant against the current regime. Are the people who are willing to give Roddy a chance the usual "GOC is god" fools or what?

people of all opinions would give Roddy a chance if TNB was gone. The real problem are the fellas who still want to give TNB a chance. Unfortunatley there a still a sizeable minority of them

ps GOC is the King it's Flyynie who's God :D ;)

Duffman
11/01/2010, 9:50 PM
http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/news.asp?n=37860

If Cork fail to honour all those payments, there is hope in the fact that an agreement to defer the outstanding sums could satisfy the FAI’s licensing department.

How is that any different to the other deferrals then? Is there ever a point where licensing kicks in :confused:

tiktok
11/01/2010, 9:56 PM
How is that any different to the other deferrals then? Is there ever a point where licensing kicks in :confused:

I don't see anyone signing any payment agreement with Coughlan anyway so it's a moot point.

John83
11/01/2010, 10:00 PM
If the players don't agree to the deferral. We can only hope they won't.

Hairy Bowsie
11/01/2010, 10:45 PM
I'd love to know what his wife is like by the way.

No idea but his daughter would get the lenght, and not just the half lenght, the whole thing.

Acornvilla
11/01/2010, 10:51 PM
haha thanks for that :D

Longfordian
11/01/2010, 11:09 PM
No idea but his daughter would get the lenght, and not just the half lenght, the whole thing.

:eek: How old is she?....And if over 17..link for curiosity?

Hairy Bowsie
11/01/2010, 11:12 PM
She's over 17 thats for sure, she has a kid and all. I've no link though.

For the sake of being on topic, i have this sinking feeling that Cork will still get a premier licence

weecountyman
12/01/2010, 5:53 AM
She's over 17 thats for sure, she has a kid and all. I've no link though.

For the sake of being on topic, i have this sinking feeling that Cork will still get a premier licence

That's his youngest daughter, but she's not that much of a looker. The older one is going out with a lad who played for/is playing for Monaghan, Alan something?

I listened to interviews with Paul Doolin and Gareth Farrelly on podcast last night and would be stunned if Cork got a licence, but today they have an interview (though Lord Tom of Turners Cross won't be allowed to be present, Rod will though) and in the FAI and have to show that all playing and coaching staff have been paid (nothing about shop workers etc) and that nothing is owed. GF said he'd still not been paid and contacted the licensing committee to tell them as much and didn't take a court case in order to prevent a cross over.

Like you, hairy, I've a sinking feeling that the FAI will bottle it and the fair weather fans will benefit while the club further falls apart.

SMorgan
12/01/2010, 6:47 AM
If Cork do get a licensing, then the FAI should just abandon the licensing system because its only making the game in this country a laughing stock.

I can't see Matthews and Farrelly getting all their money (200,000 in total) by the end of the month.

pineapple stu
12/01/2010, 9:04 AM
When does the next Revenue winding-up order arrive so?

HammerNThongs
12/01/2010, 1:41 PM

If you are to ask me, some of the people who were on the fence about boycotting or whatever have been turned by the GOC rumors, which is sad in many ways to me personally, basically putting one person above the good of the club.

I think there is another element of non-boycotters who wont boycott simply because they dont think it will do anything and are just stuck in a state of bewilderment and dont know what to do.

And then there is an element of people who have said they dont give a **** just care about the guys on the field, which is an extremely dangerous view to have as well.

I am close to being done at this stage. It all relies on us not getting a licence though. The whole clubs future could rely on that.

weecountyman
12/01/2010, 2:26 PM
If you are to ask me, some of the people who were on the fence about boycotting or whatever have been turned by the GOC rumors, which is sad in many ways to me personally, basically putting one person above the good of the club.

I think there is another element of non-boycotters who wont boycott simply because they dont think it will do anything and are just stuck in a state of bewilderment and dont know what to do.

And then there is an element of people who have said they dont give a **** just care about the guys on the field, which is an extremely dangerous view to have as well.

I am close to being done at this stage. It all relies on us not getting a licence though. The whole clubs future could rely on that.

It sounds like Ireland in general, for 2-3 years nobody wanted Fianna Fail, yet come election time they're back in the Dail.

What has become of the suggestion that FORAS will put in for a licence? Surely there would be a strong support for that and draw away any floating support, and money. I'm certain a good squad could emerge and the MFA would certainly back them. With this "scheme" TCFC have come up with to gouge more case, even at €200 a head there could be a good club put together and competitive in the 1st.

HammerNThongs
12/01/2010, 2:32 PM
It sounds like Ireland in general, for 2-3 years nobody wanted Fianna Fail, yet come election time they're back in the Dail.

What has become of the suggestion that FORAS will put in for a licence? Surely there would be a strong support for that and draw away any floating support, and money. I'm certain a good squad could emerge and the MFA would certainly back them. With this "scheme" TCFC have come up with to gouge more case, even at €200 a head there could be a good club put together and competitive in the 1st.

The license application is still there from FORAS, but only as a contingency. If TNB gets his license, the FORAS one will be pulled, 110%. Now, should Coughlan not get a license and FORAS do get one, I am not entirely sure what will happen as we wont have the rights to the name (**** the crest, TNB can keep that piece of crap) so technically would have to start a new name unless we can buy that off TNB for an undoubtedly extortionate price. Should we start as anything but CCFC, then I am not sure what the uptake will be from City fans in terms of showing up at games or how happy they would be at following, what is essentially, another club, even if CCFC is just defunct and unavailable

weecountyman
12/01/2010, 2:41 PM
The license application is still there from FORAS, but only as a contingency. If TNB gets his license, the FORAS one will be pulled, 110%. Now, should Coughlan not get a license and FORAS do get one, I am not entirely sure what will happen as we wont have the rights to the name (**** the crest, TNB can keep that piece of crap) so technically would have to start a new name unless we can buy that off TNB for an undoubtedly extortionate price. Should we start as anything but CCFC, then I am not sure what the uptake will be from City fans in terms of showing up at games or how happy they would be at following, what is essentially, another club, even if CCFC is just defunct and unavailable

It sounds an absolute nightmare and not of the fans making. The current state of play is a disaster with worse in store. There could be a case for calling the new club Cork Football Club, CFC (then again the liberal pc eco brigade would hit that hard) which is short and to the point. But will FORAS stick it out if Cork end up in the 1st Division? Just heard Roddy on the radio claiming the Premier licence is in the bag, that the FAI have guaranteed Cork's place in the league, Europe and that they're assisting him with his licence (I thought it was Newstalk but now I think it was 98FM or RTE, I'm trying to find out). I didn't know what licence he was talking about then remembered it wasn't for an english reg merc or club car but for coaching. If he's right, then it's going to be a rollercoaster ride for 2010.

John83
12/01/2010, 2:44 PM
I really doubt it: I think Farrelly will refuse to come to an agreement over wages owed and I suspect others may follow. I doubt TNB has the money to buy them all off. Factor in the fact that TNB seems to have ****ed off Abbotstown, and it's not looking good for them.

razor
12/01/2010, 3:15 PM
Just heard Roddy on the radio claiming the Premier licence is in the bag, that the FAI have guaranteed Cork's place in the league, Europe and that they're assisting him with his licence (I thought it was Newstalk but now I think it was 98FM or RTE, I'm trying to find out). I didn't know what licence he was talking about then remembered it wasn't for an english reg merc or club car but for coaching. If he's right, then it's going to be a rollercoaster ride for 2010.Lord help us all. Please god its not true.
Would the postman for Abbotstown please get a bigger van.

weecountyman
12/01/2010, 4:10 PM
Lord help us all. Please god its not true.
Would the postman for Abbotstown please get a bigger van.

Newstalk it was, and this week, possibly today, he's on 98FM with Johnny Lyons and Thursday he'll be on Newstalk again. Interestingly Paul Doolin said the Cork training facilities were "attrocious", yet his "successor" said they're great. Is pre-season taking place in Pairc Ui Caoimh this season or Musgrave Park ;)

yiddo
12/01/2010, 4:33 PM
Newstalk it was, and this week, possibly today, he's on 98FM with Johnny Lyons and Thursday he'll be on Newstalk again. Interestingly Paul Doolin said the Cork training facilities were "attrocious", yet his "successor" said they're great. Is pre-season taking place in Pairc Ui Caoimh this season or Musgrave Park ;)

don't mind the training we might end up playing there cos the MFA are still owed 7500k rent for the Cross and have told TNB that he ground won;t be available to City on Friday nights next season.

weecountyman
12/01/2010, 5:05 PM
don't mind the training we might end up playing there cos the MFA are still owed 7500k rent for the Cross and have told TNB that he ground won;t be available to City on Friday nights next season.

Is that back rent or a deposit for the new season? How much do Cork pay for the Cross?

Acornvilla
12/01/2010, 5:19 PM
:eek: How old is she?....And if over 17..link for curiosity?
i got 30odd viruses for trying to find a pic?? wtf this laptop is a gonner......

yiddo
12/01/2010, 6:02 PM
Is that back rent or a deposit for the new season? How much do Cork pay for the Cross?

thats money due since last season. dunno what rent City are supposed to pay for the Cross ;)

passerrby
12/01/2010, 6:29 PM
cant figure out TNB ,has he or has he not applied for a licence he must have put down the cross as his designated ground and therefore must show he had access to same for the season.also his financials submisions must be a train wreck I would love to see his license application was it written on the back of a envelope with a crayon with a mug stain on the top and marmalade on the bottom. Its not just cork on trial it is also licensing anyway best of luck to the cork supporters nobody deserves this even if they did riddle the big fella

yiddo
12/01/2010, 6:43 PM
cant figure out TNB ,has he or has he not applied for a licence he must have put down the cross as his designated ground and therefore must show he had access to same for the season.also his financials submisions must be a train wreck I would love to see his license application was it written on the back of a envelope with a crayon with a mug stain on the top and marmalade on the bottom. Its not just cork on trial it is also licensing anyway best of luck to the cork supporters nobody deserves this even if they did riddle the big fella

there was a rumour going round before Christmas that he had put St Colemans Park down as Citys home venue for 2010. No one at Ramblers knew anything bout it but that little detail wouldn't put the bold No Bobs off!

HammerNThongs
13/01/2010, 10:08 AM
It sounds an absolute nightmare and not of the fans making. The current state of play is a disaster with worse in store. There could be a case for calling the new club Cork Football Club, CFC (then again the liberal pc eco brigade would hit that hard) which is short and to the point. But will FORAS stick it out if Cork end up in the 1st Division? Just heard Roddy on the radio claiming the Premier licence is in the bag, that the FAI have guaranteed Cork's place in the league, Europe and that they're assisting him with his licence (I thought it was Newstalk but now I think it was 98FM or RTE, I'm trying to find out). I didn't know what licence he was talking about then remembered it wasn't for an english reg merc or club car but for coaching. If he's right, then it's going to be a rollercoaster ride for 2010.

If any of that is true, I'm out...for good...the league can go **** itself.

wexfordned
13/01/2010, 10:32 AM
If any of that is true, I'm out...for good...the league can go **** itself.

Well if Roddy said it, then it must be true.

HammerNThongs
13/01/2010, 10:41 AM
Well if Roddy said it, then it must be true.

Thats why I am keeping my hopes up :D

tiktok
13/01/2010, 12:57 PM
Just heard Roddy on the radio claiming the Premier licence is in the bag, that the FAI have guaranteed Cork's place in the league, Europe and that they're assisting him with his licence (I thought it was Newstalk but now I think it was 98FM or RTE, I'm trying to find out).

Strange, since everyone else is being told that it's independent licencing committee who award the licence and not the FAI?

I'd imagine what Roddy has been told, if there's any truth in what he says, is that should the licencing committee award Cork City a licence then it will be a premier licence, in that the FAI will not impose any sanctions that might demote the club?

marinobohs
13/01/2010, 1:04 PM
Strange, since everyone else is being told that it's independent licencing committee who award the licence and not the FAI?

I'd imagine what Roddy has been told, if there's any truth in what he says, is that should the licencing committee award Cork City a licence then it will be a premier licence, in that the FAI will not impose any sanctions that might demote the club?

Would be wary of taking aything Roddy says at face value. Would be shocking (if not surprising) if FAI were in a position to tell him, or indeed any club, in such definite terms the outcome of an "independent" process unless Cork have already had their face to face with the FAI ?

Mr A
13/01/2010, 1:21 PM
Would be shocking (if not surprising) if FAI were in a position to tell him, or indeed any club, in such definite terms the outcome of an "independent" process unless Cork have already had their face to face with the FAI ?

Wouldn't really be a shock, it's much like what they've done with the new Derry City.

Battery Rover
13/01/2010, 3:01 PM
sKEbDi32JXU

weecountyman
13/01/2010, 3:41 PM
sKEbDi32JXU

Absolutely brilliant. For the first time I realise what a Bohs closet supporter once told me is true, Roddy has a face you'd never tire of slapping, now I see he has a twin! Great post!

mediahack
13/01/2010, 5:00 PM
I see website is gone again - is this the beginning of the end.............again!!!!!

weecountyman
13/01/2010, 5:05 PM
I see website is gone again - is this the beginning of the end.............again!!!!!

Is it the same message as before? Non payment of bills etc etc.

mediahack
13/01/2010, 5:07 PM
Is it the same message as before? Non payment of bills etc etc.

Just a blue screen with the header at the top of the page being "n/a" - seem to remember it being the same when it first disappeared!

luka
13/01/2010, 5:34 PM
Statement Regarding Club Website
Cork City Football Club regrets to advise that our website is currently unavailable. This is as a result of correspondence sent to the club’s webmaster requesting his VAT number and inviting him to tender for the 2010 season. This correspondence is consistent with that sent to all service providers to the football club, and underlines our efforts to reduce costs and increase efficiencies for the coming season.

We would like to thank our former webmaster for his contribution to the club over the years, however in the interests of transparency such arrangements as may have existed in the past can no longer do so into the future.

The club hopes to launch a new official website shortly.

weecountyman
13/01/2010, 6:06 PM
Looks like they're trying to avoid an old bill. I wonder if this means a new re-constituted CCFC in the league?