PDA

View Full Version : Séamus Coleman (D Everton b.1988)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

MuckaTucka
15/04/2010, 11:24 AM
Coleman extends loan at Blackpool to end of season and play-offs if Blackpool make it.
Coleman extends Blackpool loan (http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/blackpool-football-club/Coleman-extends-Pool-loan.6229415.jp?)

Predator
15/04/2010, 1:09 PM
That should be good for him. He's been a big hit with their fans since his arrival. The question is, will David Moyes deem him good enough to replace Phil Neville next season?

Blue Lou
16/04/2010, 1:36 AM
Some fans think he is good enough now

Predator
16/04/2010, 1:07 PM
Are you a fan Blue Lou? Assuming that you are, what advantages do you think Coleman has that will see him selected ahead of Neville or Hibbert (or even Heitinga, who has played right back) next season? He has shown that he's a talented player, but Moyes seems like the type of manager that likes to stick with experience.

Out of the current crop of youngsters at Everton, only Rodwell and Gosling seem to be trusted enough by Moyes to play regularly. The likes of Coleman and Duffy seem to be behind him in that respect by a fair bit.

tetsujin1979
16/04/2010, 1:48 PM
to me, playing Coleman, or Hibbert, at right full frees Neville up to play in midfield, where Moyes prefers him to play.

irishfan86
16/04/2010, 1:49 PM
Pred, I would say that it's more difficult to break into a team as a defender than it is as a forward or midfielder. If you put on a young forward and he has a howler of a game, it doesn't necessarily ruin your team's chance to win the game. If a defender has a nightmare, it will almost certainly have a bigger impact on a game.

Predator
16/04/2010, 2:17 PM
to me, playing Coleman, or Hibbert, at right full frees Neville up to play in midfield, where Moyes prefers him to play.
With Maraoune Fellaini, Heitinga and Rodwell all able to play in midfield, Moyes reshuffled and stuck Neville at right back. There' no doubt Moyes values Neville's experience - that's why he's captain - but surely Coleman has the same energy and provides the same attacking outlet that Baines does?

Pred, I would say that it's more difficult to break into a team as a defender than it is as a forward or midfielder. If you put on a young forward and he has a howler of a game, it doesn't necessarily ruin your team's chance to win the game. If a defender has a nightmare, it will almost certainly have a bigger impact on a game.
That's very true. It's interesting to note that Rodwell started out as a centre half, but has been slowly but surely moving up the field and has found himself playing as an attacking midfielder. I very much doubt that Rodwell will 'revert' to defence. Duffy is still very young having just turned 18, but he captains the reserves and has shown he can cope with first team duties when he replaced Distin in Athens (remarkably aged 17). I wonder will Moyes give him some chances next season?

Coleman is reaching the age (21/22?) where he should be hoping to establish a place in the team and I reckon that his recent loan move along with a good pre-season next year might just edge him ahead of Hibbert and not far behind Neville for the right back spot. I'm sure Moyes knows what he's at. He's a good manager.

elroy
08/05/2010, 12:17 PM
Good opportunity to have a look at Coleman now in the playoff against Forest. Instrumental in the Blackpool goal.

Stuttgart88
11/05/2010, 8:35 PM
On his way to Wembley.

Ciaran W
11/05/2010, 9:56 PM
He played brilliant in both games against forest. . Hopefully if blackpool get into the premier league they can sign him permanetly, he would be great for them

Razors left peg
11/05/2010, 10:15 PM
doubt Everton would let him go, he really looks to be a proper player

Charlie Darwin
12/05/2010, 12:05 AM
The rumour is that Everton will give him to Blackpool on a season-long loan as part of the deal that brings Charlie Adam in the other direction.

shakermaker1982
12/05/2010, 6:34 AM
He was outstanding last night. Nice knowing you McShane!!!!

Full of energy, brave and a proper footballer.

geysir
12/05/2010, 9:22 AM
He was a breath of fresh air, too good for the championship.
He should get a call up for the Algeria game. Looks a very good prospect.

Kildare Lad
12/05/2010, 6:14 PM
First time seeing him play there in the playoff games, was very impressed though. Hopefully will see him break into the International team within the next year or two

Charlie Darwin
12/05/2010, 7:42 PM
I think he's too raw for Trap right now. He has that same tendency that Rafael at United has to run the ball out of position and leave a gaping whole at full back. Granted, he doesn't do it as often, but I think he still has a bit of work to do on his decision-making. He's absolutely electric going forward though - lollipops and all!

irish tricky
13/05/2010, 11:28 AM
He looked ok, but as Charlie said he has a long way to go. Anderson destroyed him on saturday. While he is decent going forward some of his defending was poor enough. I cant understand why Billy D started Tyson ahead of Ando on Tuesday night.

Irish_Praha
13/05/2010, 3:48 PM
He looked ok, but as Charlie said he has a long way to go. Anderson destroyed him on saturday. While he is decent going forward some of his defending was poor enough. I cant understand why Billy D started Tyson ahead of Ando on Tuesday night.

Maybe Coleman will end up making a better RWM than a RB.
I'm a bit of a Forest fan and can't help but feel that after what happend Davis at Derby he felt Forest weren't really ready for the Premership. I don't know if that affected his line up but it'S possible. The fact that they were beaten in both legs by Blackpool would suggest that if they somehow got promoted to the Premersip it would have been a very very difficult season.
All the money on offer and the parachute payments after relegation would have been nice. However you have to remember that two seasons ago they were in league 1 and last season they just about survived relegation back to that league. It came as a total surprise that they pushed for one of the 2 automatic promotion spots until the last 10 games of the season, where ultimately failure to invest in any players in January resulted in their poor run-in. They will have different expectations this year and none of the relegated teams should be anything to fear.
I myself would rather see them strenghten their squad with some players that have actually experience of playing in the Premership and take one of the automatic promotion spots, rather than getting a trashing every week in the Premership. They also have a very young squad that will have learned a lot from this season.

Ciaran W
19/05/2010, 1:33 PM
Just signed a new contract with everton until 2014

tetsujin1979
19/05/2010, 2:37 PM
official announcement from Everton: http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2010/05/19/coleman-agrees-new-contract

Junior
21/05/2010, 8:13 AM
http://www.rte.ie/podcasts/2010/pc/pod-v-19051024m57ssportatsevenwednesday.mp3

Kevin Sheedy (U18 Coach at Everton) on Coleman (and THAT goal) from 0:50 - 6:05

paul_oshea
21/05/2010, 1:47 PM
Great news about coleman, he was back in killybegs last week, great that they are letting him get home as often as possible. A few lads were saying nothing different about him since they last saw him, still the same level headed down to earth fella. Fair play to him for taking the opportunity with both hands, looks like the move to blackpool worked really well for him as well.

elroy
22/05/2010, 12:21 AM
God bless Donegal, they're doing something right up there. For the county's population they have had a few prominent internationals in recent years, Bonner, Given, eh......Doherty and hopefully Coleman. Im sure there is one or two more in the last 20 odd years but cant think of them right now.

paul_oshea
22/05/2010, 11:01 AM
ya its funny its the first from south/south west donegal in a long time though, killybegs is cut right down the middle though but ive been told he played both sports all the time. MY flatmate played against him in a minor county final in gaa and with him on minor and said he was always one that you could imagine as being a good soccer player as well and was the difference on their team what won teh game for them. I think he mentioned proctor or someone else being really good as well, the fella who came back from sligo to finn harps i think. So hopefully a few more get the chance like seamie. Know a good few from kilcar/killybegs going to the game today hopefully he has a great game.

Ciaran W
22/05/2010, 12:07 PM
Is the playoff final on today or tomorrow ? Come on seamus get a last minute winner ;)

DannyInvincible
22/05/2010, 1:59 PM
Is the playoff final on today or tomorrow ? Come on seamus get a last minute winner ;)

Just kicking off now.

Good luck to Coleman.

Ciaran W
22/05/2010, 3:31 PM
Hes making a few nice runs

ofjames
22/05/2010, 4:52 PM
blackpool went up anyway.

personally i think coleman might be best to stay with them until at least january on loan to get some guarateed playing time - i'd imagine he'd be a certain starter for them.

then if he impresses enough he could go back with a much stronger case to start for everton.

my worry would be that he'd go back to everton and stagnate a bit if he's just left on the bench most weeks.

soccerboy
23/05/2010, 8:54 PM
probably staying out on loan for another season will do him the world of good,even better if its with blackpool in the premier league,playing against world class players week in week out....he looks great going forward,not convinced on his defensive capabilities yet,saw him play twice for everton,that game against spurs when he changed the game after coming off the bench and the game against benfica in europa league where he was quite poor albeit playing at left back in a make shift defence....hopefully he will continue to improve,tony hibbert isn't the greatest full back in the PL so he may get a chance at everton sooner rather than later

EAFC_rdfl
24/05/2010, 9:07 AM
God bless Donegal, they're doing something right up there. For the county's population they have had a few prominent internationals in recent years, Bonner, Given, eh......Doherty and hopefully Coleman. Im sure there is one or two more in the last 20 odd years but cant think of them right now.
rory delap is ours too!
here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rory_Delap#Personal_life)

Ross
24/05/2010, 3:53 PM
From what I've seen from his performances for Blackpool he is a very promising player. I wouldn't be surprised if he broke into the Ireland team sooner rather than later. Over the next year or two I'd like to see a backline of: Coleman Dunne St. Ledger O'Shea.

I know a lot of his game still needs developing but even at this point in time his inclusion would be better than McShane.

paul_oshea
24/05/2010, 9:13 PM
rory delap is ours too!
here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rory_Delap#Personal_life)

was it just me, or did that bit seem like a part p1ss take?

I often wonder if people are taking the p1ss on wikipedia, clutching at straws, or just over-selling themselves/something.

geysir
25/05/2010, 12:23 AM
Wiki describes Rory's Donegal uncle as an "anti Government activist".
I thought that sounds interesting but apparantly the Wikipedia author has a very strange understanding of the label "anti government activism".
Rory's uncle helped raise €400k for a cancer charity, then he asked the Government for matching funds and was refused.

I suppose it's all in the way you "ask".
Firstly, drill 2 holes in the collection bucket and place it over your head.

EAFC_rdfl
25/05/2010, 2:48 PM
was it just me, or did that bit seem like a part p1ss take?

I often wonder if people are taking the p1ss on wikipedia, clutching at straws, or just over-selling themselves/something.

nah that was/is genuine enough, he has a lot of family in letterkenny. his cousin did a bit of teaching in our secondary school, she wasnt much good at it though!

sligoman
25/05/2010, 2:55 PM
Seamie became noticed from playing with Sligo Rovers, not a Donegal team, remember that ;).

Closed Account
14/07/2010, 4:03 PM
Star Man in the Liverpool Daily Post

STAR MAN: Seamus Coleman was a constant threat and showed his usual energy and fearless spirit.
http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2010/07/14/melbourne-heart-0-everton-fc-2-blues-stroll-to-second-pre-season-win-gallery-100252-26851756/3/

Charlie Darwin
29/07/2010, 3:27 PM
Tony Hibbert hinting Coleman could get more first-team action than anticipated:

He said: “I’m happy to play anywhere the gaffer asks. If he wanted me to play left-back, centre midfield, and up front I’d do it. I want to play and it’s just wherever he asks me.

“Seamus is coming through and he’s got to play games.

“It was another learning curve for me to switch to left-back and see what I can do out there.

“You can’t ask Seamus to play there.

“He is a brilliant talent and I don’t think we’d want to push him out of position when he looks so good.”
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2010/07/29/everton-fc-defender-tony-hibbert-believes-seamus-coleman-will-flourish-in-the-premier-league-this-season-100252-26953521/

Razors left peg
29/07/2010, 3:41 PM
judging by that comment Everton wont be too keen to loan him out again so

Stuttgart88
02/08/2010, 3:13 PM
BBC Gossip section cites the Blackpool Gazette saying that Blackpool boss Ian Holloway admits he is unlikely to be able to bring Everton defender Seamus Coleman back to the club after the 21-year-old Irishman impressed in the Toffees' pre-season games.

backstothewall
03/08/2010, 7:15 PM
I know he's young, and its not fair to ask him to make his debut against Argentina, but I'd be looking to give him a start in the qualifier with Andorra

Predator
03/08/2010, 9:34 PM
I know he's young, and its not fair to ask him to make his debut against Argentina, but I'd be looking to give him a start in the qualifier with AndorraHe should be playing with the 21s against Estonia in Tallaght on the 10th, so that should be interesting. The Everton game against Sligo is the 8th, so I'm wondering will he feature at all?

pauliek
24/08/2010, 12:30 AM
David Moyes is an idiot

Stuttgart88
24/08/2010, 8:01 AM
Why? .

tommy_c12000
24/08/2010, 9:07 AM
David Moyes is an idiot

The general consensus I got from reading Everton fan forums recently was that fans felt Coleman wasnt ready for Premiership football just yet. Towards the latter part of his spell with Blackpool he began to neglect his defensive duties in favour of a gung-ho attitude. This was clearly evident in both legs of the play off semi final against Notts Forest (esp. the 1st leg) where the left winger gave him a torrid time. While he clearly has great potential. to throw him straight into premier league action now is a bit risky. Moyes knows what he is doing. I think in the long run he realises Coleman will be a better option than Hibbert at right back but it is important that he protects him and introduces him gradually into the set up, fine tuning his defensive technique along the way. Moyes has a great track record of introducing youngsters at the right time and at the right pace, just look at
Wayne Rooney, Leon Osman, James Vaughan, Victor Anichebe and Jack Rodwell

Colbert Report
24/08/2010, 11:50 AM
If he's not ready to play in the Premiership then he should be loaned out to a club in the Championship. He clearly proved last season that he was more than ready to play at that level.

irishfan86
24/08/2010, 12:20 PM
Well, is he making the bench? It's a long season so I doubt Moyes will loan him out if he considers him good enough for his squad.

I wouldn't bet against him being Everton's starting right full by the end of the season.

tetsujin1979
24/08/2010, 12:38 PM
If he's not ready to play in the Premiership then he should be loaned out to a club in the Championship. He clearly proved last season that he was more than ready to play at that level.
If he's more than ready to play in the Championship, then he'd be better off on loan at a mid table Premier League side (Stoke? Sunderland?) to continue his education

Well, is he making the bench? It's a long season so I doubt Moyes will loan him out if he considers him good enough for his squad.

I wouldn't bet against him being Everton's starting right full by the end of the season.
Was on the bench at the weekend, didn't come on though.
Everton are playing Huddersfield tomorrow night in the League Cup, I'd expect him to play in that

Razors left peg
24/08/2010, 6:11 PM
I think sometimes people expect young players to develop into the finished article instantly.From what I can see Moyes is going about the development of Coleman is 100% the right way. He got a couple of games for Everton last season, he was then sent out on a very successful loan and now he is part of a very good Premiership squad where he will work his way into the first team eventually.
Much like the James McCarthy thread where there are calls for him to be in the starting line up for us immediately I just think we need to be a bit more patient.
David Moyes sees Coleman everyday in training and I would trust his judgement more than anyone on here to know when the lad is ready

pauliek
25/08/2010, 12:34 AM
When Hibbert and Neville are ahead of ya is must be hard to stay sane

livehead1
25/08/2010, 2:13 AM
When Hibbert and Neville are ahead of ya is must be hard to stay sane

You've quite clearly never played the game to any degree.

On a side not, Hibbert would be another player who has come through the youth ranks at Everton. He's a very steady if unspectacular full back. Phil Neville on the other hand has played at the highest level for the last decade; very good player.