PDA

View Full Version : Séamus Coleman (D Everton b.1988)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

an_ceannaire
09/12/2009, 9:13 AM
Mother of God will ye all calm down!!! :eek:
Youd sware he was playing week in week out putting in Gary Kelly type performances! He's not. As i said earlier, this reminds me of nothing but McShane.....ye all thought he was gonna be "world class" and look what happened!! Just calm it for Gods sakes! We give out that the English press over hype their players.....have a read of this thread!!! On the back of one game! He has played 3 previous and been nothing but poor!!!
Now we all hope Shamie proves himself as a big player and as an Everton fan no one hopes it more than me, but for the love of GOD, Give the hyperbole a rest will ye!!! He is Seamus Coleman, young player, decent potential, as yet unproven. He is not Cafu!! Not yet anyways. This is exactly the kind of OTT Rubbish Moysey is trying to protect him from!

CALM DOWN!!

gustavo
09/12/2009, 9:22 AM
Youd sware he was playing week in week out putting in Gary Kelly type performances! He's not. As i said earlier, this reminds me of nothing but McShane.....ye all thought he was gonna be "world class" and look what happened!! Just calm it for Gods sakes! We give out that the English press over hype their players.....have a read of this thread!!! On the back of one game! He has played 3 previous and been nothing but poor!!!Now we all hope Shamie proves himself as a big player and as an Everton fan no one hopes it more than me, but for the love of GOD, Give the hyperbole a rest will ye!!! He is Seamus Coleman, young player, decent potential, as yet unproven. He is not Cafu!! Not yet anyways. This is exactly the kind of OTT Rubbish Moysey is trying to protect him from!

CALM DOWN!!
That's wrong anyway

He wasn't great against Benfica but then again he was playing on his debut out of position against a Brazilian squad member and the rest of the defence was a shambles

He bared played 5 minutes against Bolton

And he played very well against AEK Athens

People have been raving about him for a couple of years now

magnumpi
09/12/2009, 10:17 AM
Youd sware he was playing week in week out putting in Gary Kelly type performances! He's not. As i said earlier, this reminds me of nothing but McShane.....ye all thought he was gonna be "world class" and look what happened!! Just calm it for Gods sakes! We give out that the English press over hype their players.....have a read of this thread!!! On the back of one game! He has played 3 previous and been nothing but poor!!!
Now we all hope Shamie proves himself as a big player and as an Everton fan no one hopes it more than me, but for the love of GOD, Give the hyperbole a rest will ye!!! He is Seamus Coleman, young player, decent potential, as yet unproven. He is not Cafu!! Not yet anyways. This is exactly the kind of OTT Rubbish Moysey is trying to protect him from!

CALM DOWN!!

finally, some sense.

paul_oshea
09/12/2009, 10:22 AM
All spot on bar it was the minor panel. He was only 17 when he signed for Sligo and would've played centre-back for the minors that year. He was though playing senior club gaelic football with Killybegs.

Donegal, who were very strong with the likes of Michael Murphy on the side, went on to win the Ulster Minor League and Ulster Championship in 06, before losing to a Kerry team with Tommy Walsh in the All-Ireland semi-final. Fair play to the lad, he's going really well and everyone is delighted for him.

Im aware of that michael murphy fella as well, a lad who went to college with him told me he was the best gaelic player he ever played with or against.

Ive been told from a lad whose father used to be secretary for killybegs that he was going to brought into the senior panel winter 06 i.e. after the all ireland final of that year which the rossies one, and handled tommy walsh quite easy ;)

paul_oshea
09/12/2009, 10:24 AM

CALM DOWN!!

we'll start listening when you start spelling words and names right.

twoenz
09/12/2009, 10:42 AM
He was right back. Stephen Pienaar was Evertons right winger.

I realise that. I'm just pointing out that the best facets of his game on Sunday was his attacking play, not his defensive side.

twoenz
09/12/2009, 10:44 AM
i havent seen this level of excitement since high flying eddie mcgoldrick!

Last Irish man to play in a League match for Arsenal too I think.

an_ceannaire
09/12/2009, 10:53 AM
we'll start listening when you start spelling words and names right.

Pedant Alert
Pedant Alert :rolleyes:

(and who is we Paul.....are you the elected spokesman for the group?)

paul_oshea
09/12/2009, 11:10 AM
No, but when you call him Shamie, you could at least get that right.

an_ceannaire
09/12/2009, 11:25 AM
No, but when you call him Shamie, you could at least get that right.

Sorry for not knowing what way culchies up your way spell Seamie/shamie/sheamy..........:rolleyes:

Junior
09/12/2009, 11:48 AM
...... winter 06 i.e. after the all ireland final of that year which the rossies one, and handled tommy walsh quite easy ;)

I presume you mean't won? glass houses and all that;)

And what a fabulous day that was for sheepsteelers everywhere!!!!

My cousin just missed out on that minor panel through injury. Donal Shine was quality in those 2 games. Pity it doesnt appear to be filtering through to the senior side though.

Anyway, for Coleman to get a post match analysis done by Shearer on MOTD2 (I think it was Shearer anyway) is an achievement for a defender! MOTM award as well in only his 3rd senior game should be acknowledged on here - well done to the lad.

Hopefully, no one is calling him the new Cafu, I dont get that impression anyway. We are just pleased that we can now see the possible next generation of players coming through and starting matches and aquitting themselves well on the bigger stage. Be it Coleman, Ward or whoever.

a long, long, long way to go. Fingers crossed he stays injury free and develops as we all hope he does.

gustavo
09/12/2009, 12:09 PM
MOTM award as well in only his 3rd senior game

He played 2 years of senior football with Sligo Rovers

HammerNThongs
09/12/2009, 12:09 PM
I realise that. I'm just pointing out that the best facets of his game on Sunday was his attacking play, not his defensive side.

True, but that all comes from his starting position as an overlapping right full. It's not as simple as line him up at right wing and you'll get the same results. England tried it with Ashley Cole and Wayne Bridge and it sucked badly.

If he has the engine and can keep developing this way, a Brazilain style full back role is his for the taking for as long as he wants. Turning him into a winger, a place where Ireland has plenty of options already, would be a bad idea

geysir
09/12/2009, 1:02 PM
The ability of a full back to offer attacking supporting play is what Ireland can use right now.
I don't have to go very far back to find the proof for the effect of that.

paul_oshea
09/12/2009, 1:06 PM
Junior thats called http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muphry's_law

dr_peepee
09/12/2009, 1:34 PM

Yeah!! Danny Mills was on Newstalk the other night and commented on how old he was to be making his debut (Despite us all knowing he had a couple of years senior football in Ireland).... There's no way he would have made that comment had Coleman been a 22 year old Scandinavian

Junior
09/12/2009, 1:48 PM
MOTM award as well in only his 3rd senior game

True, I should have completed the sentence "for Everton FC". I am well aware that he played for Sligo Rovers (thanks to this site, probably this thread in fact) and Im sure he won many MOTM awards for them. Prior to that the thought had crossed my mind that he must have been beamed down from space.

No need to thank me for teeing you up nicely for the fairly predictable LOI retort.;)

Stuttgart88
09/12/2009, 9:42 PM
The ability of a full back to offer attacking supporting play is what Ireland can use right now.

So would permission to :)

NeilMcD
09/12/2009, 9:46 PM
Sorry for not knowing what way culchies up your way spell Seamie/shamie/sheamy..........:rolleyes:

Eh you have a limerick badge so I am presuming you are a culchie too.

TrapAPony
10/12/2009, 2:00 PM
Great to see Coleman do so well along with Marc Wilson & Darron Gibson. Stephen Ward deserves a mention too.

Donegalcelt
10/12/2009, 9:10 PM
Im aware of that michael murphy fella as well, a lad who went to college with him told me he was the best gaelic player he ever played with or against.

Ive been told from a lad whose father used to be secretary for killybegs that he was going to brought into the senior panel winter 06 i.e. after the all ireland final of that year which the rossies one, and handled tommy walsh quite easy ;)

In fairness to Murphy, he did win Young Player of the Year and was top scorer in the championship.

Not doubting Seamie's abilities, but seriously doubt a GAA manager, who would go on to resign in mid-season and leave for a spell, would tell a club secretary who he was going to pick in 12 months time

paul_oshea
11/12/2009, 10:40 AM
I doubt he would ever tell a secertary. It would be the manager ;)

Donegalcelt
11/12/2009, 11:51 AM
I doubt it

srfc1928
11/12/2009, 12:14 PM
Its the same auld stuff in the papers everytime a young Irish player makes a name for himself in England.
'He could of been a brillaint gaa player but decided to play soccer .......'

Seamie was excellent on Sunday and has huge potential, but he still has a long way to go. If anyone deserves to make it, its Seamie.

kev mcq
12/12/2009, 11:52 PM
Junior, thats called http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muphry's_law

FYP. Grammar is as important as spelling. ;):rolleyes:

paul_oshea
14/12/2009, 12:15 PM
Touché kev.

Lad was telling me yesterday that he bumped into seamus in the street last week, thats good that moyes gives him time to go home and stuff like that, assume it all helps with not getting homesick. Same fella was telling me that the winning killybegs minor side of that same year, their 4 best players are playing soccer full time. Before anyone says anything Im just saying, as i said to him you cant begrudge a young fella getting paid for something he enjoys doing.

The Fly
17/12/2009, 4:03 AM
Coleman is to start for Everton in the Europa League match against BATE Borisov tonight. Interestingly, Shane Duffy also starts.

The match is live on Channel 5 at 7.30pm.

an_ceannaire
14/01/2010, 1:18 PM
Lucas Neil gone from Goodison :) Has to be good news!

Predator
27/01/2010, 7:28 PM
Coleman on the bench tonight for Everton. Meyler and Reid on the bench for Sunderland.

DeLorean
17/02/2010, 5:31 PM
By this time next year he will be first team regular for Everton

Not quite, I swear I didn't set a reminder like EG!!

Looked class the couple of times I've seen him, hasn't played much though I'd say?

Razors left peg
17/02/2010, 5:46 PM
Not quite, I swear I didn't set a reminder like EG!!

Looked class the couple of times I've seen him, hasn't played much though I'd say?

Haha. no not quite but he is developing nicely.I would think by start of next season he will be getting annoyed if he hasnt more of a claim to the right back spot at Everton

ChrisRed
12/03/2010, 10:28 AM
There's talk of Coleman going on loan with QPR and Blackpool after him. Looks like Blackpool would be the more likely.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Blackpool-poised-to-beat-QPR-in-race-for-Everton-loan-star-article351877.html

Colbert Report
15/03/2010, 9:15 PM
Any word on the loan move? It would be a good move for his career, he's better off playing full matches down in League 1 than he is on the reserve team at Everton.

SkStu
19/03/2010, 6:42 PM
Coleman to Blackpool on a one month loan deal.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/b/blackpool/8576974.stm

Charlie Darwin
19/03/2010, 8:10 PM
Moyes is obviously concerned he might need him back as cover for the run-in. Good news though - a couple of impressive performances could convince Moyes he can handle full games in the Prem.

Brendan 82
20/03/2010, 7:23 PM
Nice. He is playing for Ian Holloway.

Here's classic Holloway: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB9rI7p7vmk

Diarmo
21/03/2010, 1:51 PM
Seems Coleman played the full 90 against Crystal Palace yesterday. Anyone know how he got on?

republicofwhite
23/03/2010, 8:37 PM
Has had an absolute stormer tonight by all accounts, noted as the key player, some big tackles and at least two assists... Only his second match for Blackpool, was apparently excellent on his debut

Predator
23/03/2010, 8:54 PM
Has had an absolute stormer tonight by all accounts, noted as the key player, some big tackles and at least two assists... Only his second match for Blackpool, was apparently excellent on his debut
That's great to hear. Hopefully he can keep it up and have a good strong pre-season next year to show Moyes that he's ready to replace Hibbert and Neville.

Charlie Darwin
23/03/2010, 9:59 PM
Blackpool fans seem smitten:

http://fansonline.net/blackpool/mb/view.php?id=326201

bwagner
23/03/2010, 10:45 PM
David Moyes was there tonight as well.

elroy
25/03/2010, 1:46 PM
Blackpool fans seem smitten:

http://fansonline.net/blackpool/mb/view.php?id=326201

From the same place as Westlife, what a way to be known!

sparky12345678
25/03/2010, 4:34 PM
http://www.skysports.com/football/user_ratings/0,19768,11065_3151404,00.html
Coleman gets highest ranking at 9.4....

80 Blackpool are in control of the match. Key player: Seamus Coleman
70 Blackpool are in control of the match. Key player: Seamus Coleman
http://www.skysports.com/football/match_commentary/0,19764,11065_3151404,00.html

theworm2345
02/04/2010, 4:08 PM
Got his first goal in England today

SkStu
02/04/2010, 5:05 PM
brilliant!! looks like his cross set up the first goal too.

MeathDrog
03/04/2010, 11:22 PM
Quality solo goal.

kev mcq
03/04/2010, 11:23 PM
Just saw his goal today, cracker.

celticV3
03/04/2010, 11:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB-ojv8P8Ac

30 seconds in

republicofwhite
04/04/2010, 11:14 AM
A goal, at least an assist (often two ) in every game and incessant match ratings of over 8 and 9... This is one of the most scintillating loan spells of heard of in a while. Serious impact! And all for a team on serious form at the high end of the Championship. Its all pretty exciting, not least his fearless attacking side

irishfan86
04/04/2010, 9:53 PM
A goal, at least an assist (often two ) in every game and incessant match ratings of over 8 and 9... This is one of the most scintillating loan spells of heard of in a while. Serious impact! And all for a team on serious form at the high end of the Championship. Its all pretty exciting, not least his fearless attacking side

There's this guy playing for a team in Scotland, think his name is Robbie something...;)