PDA

View Full Version : Séamus Coleman (D Everton b.1988)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

tetsujin1979
25/10/2009, 12:02 PM
dropping to the bench today for the visit to Bolton: http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/neill-s-first-start.html

Neill, along with John Heitinga, were both ineligible for the Europa Leagye tie but both start today at the expense of Seamus Coleman and Diniyar Bilyaletdinov.

The Russian winger is the latest addition to the growing list of injured players, whilst Coleman settles for a place on the bench as Moyes shuffles his defensive pack

SkStu
25/10/2009, 2:43 PM
came on in place of Johnny Heitinga towards the end with the game at 2-2. Finished 3-2 Bolton.

Predator
25/10/2009, 6:08 PM
How did he fare today when he came on?

endabob1
26/10/2009, 5:53 AM
Seen the highlights of the Benfica game at the weekend & I wouldn't blame Coleman for any of the goals, Distin (At least I think it was him) seemed to get caught in the wrong positino too often, leaving a massive gap between him & Coleman. Fair enough he should be tucking in but I would argue that the experienced pro should be making the call to him, Richie Dunne wouldn't have let it o on.

kennedmc
26/10/2009, 11:55 AM
Seen the highlights of the Benfica game at the weekend & I wouldn't blame Coleman for any of the goals, Distin (At least I think it was him) seemed to get caught in the wrong positino too often, leaving a massive gap between him & Coleman. Fair enough he should be tucking in but I would argue that the experienced pro should be making the call to him, Richie Dunne wouldn't have let it o on.

Why wouldn't you blame him for the first goal? A cross played in, he got caught ball watching and showed a complete lack of awareness as to what was going on around him - the Benfica player simply volleyed it in around the back post.

Poor defending and he can ony blame himself for that goal.

endabob1
26/10/2009, 12:18 PM
Nope I played Left Back and the centre forward is the centre halfs job, Distin was lulled out of position, Coleman came to cover but was too slow, partial blame at worst imho

kennedmc
26/10/2009, 1:17 PM
Nope I played Left Back and the centre forward is the centre halfs job, Distin was lulled out of position, Coleman came to cover but was too slow, partial blame at worst imho

You obviously don't know the goal then. Here it is the first one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VExdE9Kgg0

Distin was covering his man in the centre. Even before the cross came in Coleman had a look around and could see his man. He than got caught ball watching and showed no awareness. Shame because he was in a decent position to start with. If a school boy defended like that he'd get a bollicking.

I hope you are not still playing left full ;)

endabob1
26/10/2009, 1:26 PM
Can't access You Tube from here but I will have to assume I have the goals in the wrong order.....:o

No longer play at all...... from tricky left winger, to tenacious midfield battler, to left back, to career threatening ligament injury, just when Trapp was about to call... apparently 37 is the new 21!

Murfinator
26/10/2009, 4:15 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/85/england/2009/10/22/1577878/player-ratings-benfica-5-0-everton

Coleman – 4: The inexperienced debutant was easily targeted and swamped by defenders every time he had the ball.

Guess it could be worse, he could be Gosling.

Incidentally didn't realise benfica had such a good team at the moment. Luisao, Ramires, Aimar and Saviola? Nice.

KildareFan
27/10/2009, 1:25 PM
He came on for the final ten minutes against Bolton on Sunday and the winning goal for Klasnic seemed to be shot through his legs although it would be hard to blame him.

He didn't get many rave reviews for his performance though. It's really not a good time for him to breaking into the everton team, it was far from ideal throwing somebody so untried into the action for the final ten minutes when everton were under pressure but needs must and this spell could either make or break him at the club. He will probably get a run out at some stage tonight in the carling cup against spurs

Predator
27/10/2009, 4:55 PM
He came on for the final ten minutes against Bolton on Sunday and the winning goal for Klasnic seemed to be shot through his legs although it would be hard to blame him.

He didn't get many rave reviews for his performance though. It's really not a good time for him to breaking into the everton team, it was far from ideal throwing somebody so untried into the action for the final ten minutes when everton were under pressure but needs must and this spell could either make or break him at the club. He will probably get a run out at some stage tonight in the carling cup against spurs
Hopefully he can make amends and impress the manager and fans. If he takes his chance with Everton in these coming weeks, he might get a call up to the senior national team.

rambler14
02/12/2009, 7:05 PM
Put in a Man of the Match performence vs AEK tonight in Greece. Was outstanding to be fair.

Predator
02/12/2009, 7:18 PM
Have to agree. Seamus had a solid, solid game. Young Duffy did very well for a 17 year old making his debut in such circumstances too. Great seeing the young Irish men do well.

mr.untitled
02/12/2009, 7:20 PM
just watched that match, great to see him get a full 90 in his proper position. He put in a great performance as everton were backs to the wall for the whole second half.

paul_oshea
02/12/2009, 7:22 PM
why cant they get duffy sorted lads? Predator i bestow the power unto you to sort this lads future out in the ROI colours.

Predator
02/12/2009, 7:30 PM
I'll see what I can do Paul! To be fair, Don Givens et al are getting paid to do that stuff! Let's hope Trap was watching - Coleman was excellent and Duffy is a definite prospect.

co. down green
02/12/2009, 10:57 PM
I'll see what I can do Paul! To be fair, Don Givens et al are getting paid to do that stuff! Let's hope Trap was watching - Coleman was excellent and Duffy is a definite prospect.

It's probably more of a question for Sean McCaffrey as Duffy trained with his squad at a training camp previously. Perhaps he's just decided to play for the North to improve his profile in England. It's up to him i suppose.

tetsujin1979
02/12/2009, 11:29 PM
according to Sky Sports Coleman played centre mid, I thought he was a full back?

sligoman
02/12/2009, 11:34 PM
according to Sky Sports Coleman played centre mid, I thought he was a full back?He is, and he played right back tonight.

rambler14
02/12/2009, 11:39 PM
Gosling played on the wing with Pienaar Cahill and Fellaini in the centre and Billyaletdinov on the other wing.

Predator
02/12/2009, 11:40 PM
It's probably more of a question for Sean McCaffrey as Duffy trained with his squad at a training camp previously. Perhaps he's just decided to play for the North to improve his profile in England. It's up to him i suppose.
This guy is doing much better than most of the under 21 and under 19 defenders at the minute, so I just thought Givens might have considered him, especially given that Coleman is an Everton man too, so he's obviously following their progress. Maybe you're right, but like I've said on previous threads and on Duffy's thread, I'd hate it if it was a case of managers intentionally not picking him for some reason, because he obviously has the talent. He might get more chances this season, so who knows who will be watching?

according to Sky Sports Coleman played centre mid, I thought he was a full back?
He played full back for the entire game as far as I remember. Was solid too.

BradyIsMyHero
02/12/2009, 11:59 PM
Seamie Coleman was superb for Everton v AEK Athens

definitely the next Ireland right full

co. down green
03/12/2009, 12:00 AM
Maybe you're right, but like I've said on previous threads and on Duffy's thread, I'd hate it if it was a case of managers intentionally not picking him for some reason, because he obviously has the talent. He might get more chances this season, so who knows who will be watching?

I'd love to see all the Ulster lads progressing for Ireland obviously. Hopefully both Coleman & Duffy will be representing Ireland at senior level in years to come. Gibson is already there, Marc Wilson is on the fringes and lads like McEleney at Sunderland can do the same.

BradyIsMyHero
03/12/2009, 12:10 AM
Time now for Duffy to declare

He's a very big lad, looks good

Natural successor to Richard Dunne ?

Boo_Boy
03/12/2009, 12:58 AM

Coleman went down as starting in center mid. He and Gosling swapped on kickoff. They said on commentary ''Coleman starts in center midfield but has swapped with Gosling as expected.''

Not sure what was going on, but he definitely played 90 minutes at right full.

SkStu
03/12/2009, 1:04 AM
maybe he gets so out of position Moyes just told him he was playing centre mid and left it at that?

First
03/12/2009, 6:31 AM
Coleman had great game but was very lucky not to have given away a penalty.
Looks like a player that if the games mount up will become the regular Everton right back , no harm as Hibbert is and has been looking like his best days are behind him. Only thing is will he get the games when Jagielka returns as Yobo may slot in at right back.

elroy
03/12/2009, 9:37 AM
Hasnt Duffy already been named on the bench for NI a few times? hard to see him reverting to us at this stage unfortunately.

KildareFan
03/12/2009, 5:50 PM
Just to reiterate what most have said.

Seamie had an excellent game last night as did Duffy. The pitch really was horrible, it's hard to imagine a Leinster Senior League game being played on a pitch like it but what I liked about Coleman was that he was so eager to get forward yet didn't seem to be caught out defensively until very late in the game. A lot of people thought he was lucky to not have given away a penalty but it looked like their player had handled the ball when controlling it anyway. He has a real chance now at everton because right back is a problem position, Hibbert and Neill aren't really good enough even though Hibbert is very definitely a favourite of Moyes. Yobo was tried at right full before and was a disaster, he won't be used there again. Neill is eligble on Sunday but if yobo and distin are still out I would expect Neill to partner Hibbert in the centre and Seamie to keep his place because Johnny Heitinga is also suspended.

Duffy understandably nervous when he came on at first but he really settled into the game and looks quite a prospect, seems to have quite a decent turn of pace about him and considering everton have been so poor defensively this season, the pair really took their chance particularly in the second half when everton were under a lot of pressure

sligofan4ever
03/12/2009, 5:57 PM
Coleman had great game but was very lucky not to have given away a penalty.
Looks like a player that if the games mount up will become the regular Everton right back , no harm as Hibbert is and has been looking like his best days are behind him. Only thing is will he get the games when Jagielka returns as Yobo may slot in at right back.

Tony Hibbert and best days in the same sentence ? Didn't think that was possible.

HammerNThongs
06/12/2009, 3:26 PM
He has come on for Everton around the 15th minute against Spurs. Toffees 1 fit center back, Yobo, forced off with a muscle strain so Coleman at RB and Neill and Hibbert make up the CBs. Coleman is facing up against Kranjcar for the most part.

Just nearly forced an OG from Dawson.

Also, it's his Goodison Park debut according to Sky...

republicofwhite
06/12/2009, 3:55 PM
Will be very curious to see how he gets on tonight on MOTD2, and to see how he builds upon the MOM against AEK. Kranjcar is on fire at the moment, has been sensational for the last two/three weeks so its going to be a serious acid test, hopefully he's confident enough to deal with it...

Stuttgart88
06/12/2009, 4:03 PM
Doing very well. One hospital pass to a teammate nearly got them into big trouble but he looks confident, likes the ball and seeks feet rather than chipping it up the touchline like many full backs do. He's got forward and put in a couple of good balls. Caught a shot quite well in injury time.

Longfordian
06/12/2009, 4:32 PM
He's doing really well. "Making things happen" going forward as Andy Gray said about him.

NeilMcD
06/12/2009, 4:34 PM
Yeah Robbie Earle is raving about him here on the online coverage. I know that is not saying much but he seems to have a lot of energy and put in a lovely cross there a minute ago, and is not a hoofer as Stuttgart says above.

Mayo Red
06/12/2009, 4:36 PM
He's doing really well. "Making things happen" going forward as Andy Gray said about him.

Ya, he's not afraid to get stuck in with the tackles either, fair play to him. Andy Gray seems a fan too!

Splurge
06/12/2009, 4:40 PM
jesus, great assist from him!

NeilMcD
06/12/2009, 4:41 PM
Fair play Great play by Coleman.

HammerNThongs
Just set up Evertons goal. He's been fantastic it has to be said.

rambler14
Having a stormer. Having watched Everton the other night it's plain to see he's continuing his good form.....Andy Gray loves him!:D

HammerNThongs
06/12/2009, 4:49 PM
Just played a hand in the equalizer swinging the initial ball in that all the strikers missed. Baines at the back post shot it back in and Cahill finished.

Seamus Coleman has made himself a hero

Splurge
06/12/2009, 4:49 PM
wow, heaviliy involved int he equaliser aswell, 2:2 , 3 mins left

geysir
06/12/2009, 4:54 PM
Just played a hand in the equalizer swinging the initial ball in that all the strikers missed. Baines at the back post shot it back in and Cahill finished.

Looked like he was aiming for Baines who was coming through about 10m out.

republicofwhite
06/12/2009, 4:59 PM
What an end to that match! Can't wait to see it later on, Moyes must be absolutely delighted with that, Seamie's performance deserved a at least a heroic draw I'm sure!

HammerNThongs
06/12/2009, 5:06 PM
Cant remember the last time I really enjoyed a Prem game and I was gonna walk away at 2-0, but for some reason I didnt...possibly because Coleman was hammering into fellas relentlessly and that was amusing me.

Stuttgart88
06/12/2009, 5:10 PM
Tremendous stuff from Coleman. Very similar to the performance he put in when our U21s beat Spain's U21s. Great tackling, really good use of the ball and dangerous going forward. Well done that lad.

HammerNThongs
06/12/2009, 5:12 PM
Officially given Skys Man of the Match award too. When they were talking to Cahill and Howard at the end, was sure they were just gonna give it to the keeper for the peno save, but fair play...they nailed this one

centre mid
06/12/2009, 5:16 PM
I think Trappatoni was at the wrong game today, Coleman was superb.

republicofwhite
06/12/2009, 5:26 PM
Everton boss David Moyes on Seamus Coleman: "Undoubtedly, he was man of the match. He changed it, made the second goal. He's done really well. He's really come on a ton since the game at Benfica."

southern red
06/12/2009, 5:29 PM
well done seamie great stuff,,pity we didnt have ya in paris. .