PDA

View Full Version : Séamus Coleman (D Everton b.1988)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

rambler14
06/12/2009, 5:31 PM
Dare I say a star is born.
I remember when I first saw him back in 2007 when Cobh Ramblers were in the Premier Division. You could see he was special. I remember saying to my Dad that he'll get an international cap and be signed to a Premiership team within 3 years. Come on Trap call him up!

OwlsFan
06/12/2009, 5:34 PM
Dare I say a star is born.

Was very good going forward. Sold himself badly a few times defending. Reminds me of Derek Geary. Early days.

drummerboy
06/12/2009, 5:35 PM
Thought he done well. Made a few mistakes but was charging up and down the line all night. Reminded me of a modern day Davy Langan.

Brendan 82
06/12/2009, 5:46 PM
Brilliant game from Seamus. Inspired the Everton comeback with his marauding runs. He absolutely skinned Bale and Kranjcar on numerous occasions. My man of the match

elroy
06/12/2009, 5:51 PM
Played very well, deserves a start in the next game. Dont get ahead of ourselves just yet though.

He was up against Bale who's career is in free fall and has been for a while. Going forward he was excellent though was a bit short defensively once or twice. For example, Crouch was given a free header for the pen, Coleman didnt really put in any challenge.

stiffler
06/12/2009, 6:20 PM
Great news that he performed so well.

Add to that the impressive performances by Gibson and Wilson yesterday and thinks are looking a lot brighter for our future team!

DeNiro
06/12/2009, 6:36 PM
He was very impressive today. Slightly raw on the defending side at times, but that will smooth out over time. Will be our first choice right back within 12months. With the emergence of Wilson at Portsmouth as well, things beginning to look up for our defensive cover. Coleman, from what I've seen of him, now looks a more credible option than McShane as right back cover.

Reality Bites
06/12/2009, 6:42 PM
COLEMEN...

Guys, I don't support everton, but I was supporting them today (Guess which club I support?)

Anyway, this young kid Colemen, why have Everton been hiding him??? HE was Amazing! He was easily the best player on the pitch. I BET HE'LL BE PLAYING FOR ENGLAND WITHIN THE NEXT 2 YEARS!!! He has pace, good reading of the game, great delivery. Had a hand in both the goals.

Just copied this from BBC 606 :D

republicofwhite
06/12/2009, 7:08 PM
What a retard...

Only1Rovers
06/12/2009, 7:13 PM
COLEMEN...

Guys, I don't support everton, but I was supporting them today (Guess which club I support?)

Anyway, this young kid Colemen, why have Everton been hiding him??? HE was Amazing! He was easily the best player on the pitch. I BET HE'LL BE PLAYING FOR ENGLAND WITHIN THE NEXT 2 YEARS!!! He has pace, good reading of the game, great delivery. Had a hand in both the goals.

Was this on the radio or from the 606 forum?

DeNiro
06/12/2009, 7:17 PM
COLEMEN...

Wonder will he be the first Seamus to play for England? :rolleyes:

ArdeeBhoy
06/12/2009, 7:19 PM
Good stuff for Seamus.

Let's hope he keeps up that level of perfomance....

sligoman
06/12/2009, 7:50 PM
What a retard...Honest mistake to make if ya know nothing about him. Sure most of ye wouldn't have known of him or at least thought he was good enough for Ireland until today.

SkStu
06/12/2009, 7:55 PM
i get it R&WR. People dont want to believe it though.

Anyway, i thought he did very well overall, a couple of benny hill moments after he came on but apart from those he was assured, great going forward and put in some thundering tackles. Very good performance all told.

Coleman for England!

shakermaker1982
06/12/2009, 8:04 PM
Good on the lad. I was flicking between channels but any time I was on 401 he was rampaging down the right.

Has Gareth Bale won a PL game with Spurs yet (don't know if Sky commentators mentioned it)?

Wangball
06/12/2009, 10:03 PM
Wonder will he be the first Seamus to play for England? :rolleyes:

Funny you should say that but in the Sunday Times today there was a tiny piece in the article on Nolan & O'Hara switching to us about Seamus McDonagh and how Brady wasn't impressed about him having played for England Youths!

Razors left peg
06/12/2009, 10:32 PM
This star was born years ago, he's to good for the premiership

ya think he should be back in the LOI??

Predator
06/12/2009, 10:51 PM
Surely Coleman is already on Trapattoni's radar, if the likes of O'Dea and E. Nolan are? He's only back to full fitness now and it shows. Hopefully he can maintain this level and build on it and get awarded with a chance to impress in a friendly for the senior Ireland team.

sligofan4ever
06/12/2009, 10:54 PM
i get it R&WR. People dont want to believe it though.

Anyway, i thought he did very well overall, a couple of benny hill moments after he came on but apart from those he was assured, great going forward and put in some thundering tackles. Very good performance all told.

Coleman for England!

Colemen for England ;)

Manc Irish Wolf
06/12/2009, 11:28 PM
Great performance by Coleman today. Looks a proper modern full back and his energy up that line reminded me of McAteer back in the day. Thought it crossing was lovely - he weights the ball really well - and his long passing accuracy was quality.

He definitely has a chance to stake his claim as Hibbert is erratic and Neill prone to lapses, as was in evidence today.

Great to see a County Boy come through as well - the youngsters may not have a Irish world cup campaign to captivate them next summer - but hopefully the kids from Donegal and Sligo will have a young Premiership star to emulate in the future.

an_ceannaire
07/12/2009, 8:11 AM
As an Irish Evertonian, of course it gace me great satisfaction to see Seamy do so well today. And yes we can look to the future and dream of a new Dennis Irwin...But a note of caution......some lads on here are prone to the whole "he would start for anyone" stuff after a game or 2. This wasnt Seamys first game, he has had a few, and not been particularly great atall. But today was brilliant and please God a sign of things to come....fingerc crossed. But calm down lads, please....not seen this much hype around a young fella on here since....McShane.....;)

twoenz
07/12/2009, 9:29 AM
He was excellent as a right midfielder yesterday. Needs work on the defensive side of his game, but he's going to get a good few games this year at Everton, so he'll improve pretty well under Moyes. It was a great ball for the 2nd goal.

dr_peepee
07/12/2009, 9:37 AM
Cited as a Winner today in F365s Winners & Loosers column

Seamus Coleman
It's not often that full-backs win the man-of-the-match award and even rarer for one to do so on his home debut after being introduced as a substitute. Coleman's performance was the personification of the fearlessness of youth, which was an oddity in itself because he looked absolutely petrified when he was on the touchline waiting to be introduced

paul_oshea
07/12/2009, 9:50 AM
I wonder does dessie farrell watch the soccer now....:)

Lads keep yer feet on the ground, i know the sligo contigent will have seen a lot of him. But remember mcshane....lets just hope that both he and gibson grasp their chances with both hands given the injuries at UTD and Everton. If 2 lads could emerge this year to add ot the midfield and the right back slot we could be a hell of a lot stronger in come the euros.

Murfinator
07/12/2009, 9:54 AM
To be fair Paul McShane is a 23 year old playing week in, week out in the premiership. I hate people acting like he's a prime example of a failure of a player. He's had a rough couple of seasons sure, but Richard Dunne was playing no better than him at his age so I'd still give him every chance of maturing into a more reliable player.

Good luck to Coleman too, just a shame he's playing at right back where we've already got 4 regularly playing premiership players in that position.

paul_oshea
07/12/2009, 10:02 AM
Ah ya but john oshea could switch to left back if we got a really good right back playing there.

Mcshane is only young, but in the cold light of day he still has made a few too many vital mistakes for us, most recently letting henry get in behind him for "that goal". IF oshea hadn't gone off injured henry would never have gotten in there.

macdermesser
07/12/2009, 10:03 AM
http://www.footytube.com/video/everton-tottenham-hotspur-dec06-29107

Fast forward to 14:51 and the post match analysis is positive about Coleman. Coupled with Darron Gibson, Marc Wilson and Stephen Ward's performances .. this bodes well for the future.

colster
07/12/2009, 10:04 AM
Saw the MOTD highlights last night and he played very well. It's just occurred to me that he was very like Evra (or Stephen Carr at the start of his career) in style. It's a pity he's right footed. We could do with a left back of his quality.
Anyway very encouraging to see a young lad get a chance and grab it with both hands. He had a stormer.

Predator
07/12/2009, 10:26 AM
Saw the MOTD highlights last night and he played very well. It's just occurred to me that he was very like Evra (or Stephen Carr at the start of his career) in style. It's a pity he's right footed. We could do with a left back of his quality.
Despite his game against Benfica at left back, I still think he's capable of playing left back. He might be right-footed, but he can use his left foot as was evidenced by a cracker of a cross he put in with it yesterday!

colster
07/12/2009, 10:28 AM
Despite his game against Benfica at left back, I still think he's capable of playing left back. He might be right-footed, but he can use his left foot as was evidenced by a cracker of a cross he put in with it yesterday!

That would be great. Can you imagine himself and Duff raiding down the left.

HammerNThongs
07/12/2009, 10:30 AM
He was excellent as a right midfielder yesterday. Needs work on the defensive side of his game, but he's going to get a good few games this year at Everton, so he'll improve pretty well under Moyes. It was a great ball for the 2nd goal.

He was right back. Stephen Pienaar was Evertons right winger.

paul_oshea
07/12/2009, 11:52 AM
Why did moyes not let him receive the man of the match award the dick? He is not a teenager in fairness and it might have given him a bit of confidence.

Predator
07/12/2009, 12:05 PM
Why did moyes not let him receive the man of the match award the dick? He is not a teenager in fairness and it might have given him a bit of confidence.
What's this now? What did Moyes do? That seems like a strange thing to do!

geysir
07/12/2009, 12:06 PM
Moyes in all probability did the right thing.
Maybe the kid was not inclined to be interviewed.

centre mid
07/12/2009, 12:09 PM

Maybe SKY wanted the Captain who scored the equaliser and the keeper who saved a last min penalty.

paul_oshea
07/12/2009, 12:16 PM
No moyes has a policy of keeping hte young ones away from the media, which is what geysir is referring to, he did the same with rooney and doing it now with gosling and rodwell. Perhaps moyes knows best and its too early for him to be seeing this stuff and moyes is easing him in, i may have over-reacted.

Colbert Report
07/12/2009, 12:28 PM
Ah ya but john oshea could switch to left back if we got a really good right back playing there.

Mcshane is only young, but in the cold light of day he still has made a few too many vital mistakes for us, most recently letting henry get in behind him for "that goal". IF oshea hadn't gone off injured henry would never have gotten in there.

John O'Shea is not a left back! For the last time people!

SkStu
07/12/2009, 2:07 PM
No moyes has a policy of keeping hte young ones away from the media, which is what geysir is referring to, he did the same with rooney and doing it now with gosling and rodwell. Perhaps moyes knows best and its too early for him to be seeing this stuff and moyes is easing him in, i may have over-reacted.

thats exactly what it is Paul.

by the way, I think its clear that Coleman will be able to cut the mustard over the long haul.

eh? eh? geddit? ;)

CF1989
07/12/2009, 5:42 PM
glad to see ye've all woken up and realised what a player he is

The Legend
07/12/2009, 6:17 PM
i havent seen this level of excitement since high flying eddie mcgoldrick!

Fergie's Son
07/12/2009, 6:43 PM
i havent seen this level of excitement since high flying eddie mcgoldrick!

Who actually wasn't a bad player for Ireland. He played very well away to Denmark.

A nice start for Coleman. Let's hope he can keep his place.

Drumcondra 69er
07/12/2009, 9:04 PM
Who actually wasn't a bad player for Ireland. He played very well away to Denmark.

Had a very decent game against the North in 93 and all, did he win Irwin's free that was cleared for McLoughlin's goal?

Stuttgart88
07/12/2009, 9:41 PM
He also played really well in the 25 miniute "win" over England. A tackle he made in the early minutes set the tone for us. Ok, there's revisionist history and revisionist history, but I think it's true...:)

Stuttgart88
07/12/2009, 9:43 PM
glad to see ye've all woken up and realised what a player he is

Or maybe those of us who don't live in Sligo (or even Ireland) haven't been asleep, just open minded...

dr_peepee
08/12/2009, 8:52 AM

I remember he tore Irwin to shreds in a club game against united too.. It's gas to think the players you treated with such indifference back in the day isn't it??

paul_oshea
08/12/2009, 9:08 AM
You know I love this a lad who was playing junior soccer 3 years ago and was a great gaelic player who was going to be called up to the donegal senior panel before silgo rovers jumped in and signed him, he must be pinching himself now. Speaking to a load of killybegs lads last night he was the talk of the London County Board meeting. All very proud of their own and rightly so.

Great story lets hope it stays that way and he doesn't fade into obscurity.

EAFC_rdfl
08/12/2009, 10:48 AM
aye it is great, he's doing the county proud! First man to play for Ireland from 'below the gap' (a donegal term)??

paul_oshea
08/12/2009, 10:50 AM
Thats a big auld gap in fairness EAFC ;)

Donegalcelt
08/12/2009, 10:28 PM
You know I love this a lad who was playing junior soccer 3 years ago and was a great gaelic player who was going to be called up to the donegal senior panel before silgo rovers jumped in and signed him, he must be pinching himself now. Speaking to a load of killybegs lads last night he was the talk of the London County Board meeting. All very proud of their own and rightly so.

Great story lets hope it stays that way and he doesn't fade into obscurity.

All spot on bar it was the minor panel. He was only 17 when he signed for Sligo and would've played centre-back for the minors that year. He was though playing senior club gaelic football with Killybegs.

Donegal, who were very strong with the likes of Michael Murphy on the side, went on to win the Ulster Minor League and Ulster Championship in 06, before losing to a Kerry team with Tommy Walsh in the All-Ireland semi-final. Fair play to the lad, he's going really well and everyone is delighted for him.

Royal rover
09/12/2009, 9:04 AM
i'm flying back to ireland via liverpool/knock on xmas eve - i'm going to get a couple of everton shirts with coleman for my cousins in sligo - as it stands will rovers get anymore money based on future first team appearances and international caps