PDA

View Full Version : Séamus Coleman (D Everton b.1988)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

Docboy
08/01/2011, 6:29 PM
A little over the top alright, what ever happened to having a little patience. He's certainly going to get there before too long.

tricky_colour
08/01/2011, 6:58 PM
I think the correct expression is "****ing disappointing" :)

Sullivinho
08/01/2011, 8:23 PM
A possible reason for the lack of an Irish cap, is that he has come from a League of Ireland club and didn't get the respect that he is due.

Doyle, Fahey and Long have all featured (and scored) in this campaign. Unless it's just Sligo Rovers that Trap is set on persecuting.

Coleman will get his cap soon enough.

shellyriver
08/01/2011, 9:39 PM
Doyle, Fahey and Long have all featured (and scored) in this campaign. Unless it's just Sligo Rovers that Trap is set on persecuting.

Naw, son Sligo Rovers are 2010 FAI Cup winners -- before a virtual sell out Lansdowne no less. Incidentally, we have the best quality football team on the island of Ireland - so, no, no persecution complex there old bean.

Of course Coleman will get cap -- that's obvious, its more a question of when.

As for a little patience?! He's two seasons in Preimership/along with playing a leading role in Championship promotion campaign, allied with a massive break through into first team, when out of position and supplying regular goals etc. I mean what more do you need to do have the honour of playing Norway in a friendly? Why should you wait further, that's what friendlies are for, giving experience and developing the side.

So the old patience begins to wers thin -- and when there are for example posters here, on a Seamus Coleman thread, who up until recently suggest he's not good enough to don the green shirt, then forgive me for expressing a little impatience and dissatisfaction on a Seamus Coleman thread!

I stated it before presently Seamie is the Irish form player in the Premiership so its upon merit and performance he deserves a run out -- that's factual not a load of hyperbolics.

Therefore, you just have to get your head around it, that he's the most effective and attacking minded Irish player, and quite possibly the best Irish player in the Primership.

I don't know he can keep up this level of performance into the future, nobody can, with any player, but on form, having had the priviledge of seeing him play in the Showgrounds and watched his career develop, its my view -- along with leading sports commentators that he can.

Put him on with the likes of Duff and McGeady let's get Ireland actually competing -- and if can't do with our best players, well we will never do it, but at least we tried and its entertaining, ps that's what football is about, success and/or entertainment and hopefully both!

Re the point about Doyle et al, I mean no disrespect to Reading, but Everton are a much bigger club, massive history and potential. They are one of the top sides in England. I assure you, if any granny-rule Paddy played one game for the likes of Everton, they would be straight into the Irish side.

To recognise that because, Seamie came from the Irish Cup Winning side, in the National League of Ireland and he's going to have to prove himself -- as opposed to playing for Doncaster or Derby etc is a factor in his non-selection is not a persecution complex, its facing up to the very often sad regard in which LOI is held by some.

Moyes picked up a bargain in Coleman and simply put he's a great player.

Of course Coleman is going to learn and hopefully develop along with being placed in the best position to suit his skills. As he gains experience, hopefully his career should blossom further.

So when I said shame on Trappatoni for not giving Coleman a run out in Norway, as it was a disgrace, this comment was made to StSku who felt that its no biggie, then sorry I object in the strongest terms.

I just hope he (Trap that is, because StSku doesn't pick the team, I think - but hey maybe he's Trap in a cyber alias, with a keyboard translating chimp punching in prose about ball carriers, ball users and ball oxs et?) can come to his senses for the Wales game.

Delighted for the Coleman and hope he can keep it going, great to see an Irish home grown success story.

Charlie Darwin
08/01/2011, 11:10 PM

I guess that's Gavin Peers' chances of getting a cap down the swanny.

The Fly
08/01/2011, 11:58 PM
I stated it before presently Seamie is the Irish form player in the Premiership so its upon merit and performance he deserves a run out -- that's factual not a load of hyperbolics.

Were you thinking of 'hyperbole' and 'boll*cks' at the same time?

tetsujin1979
09/01/2011, 12:14 AM
Naw, son Sligo Rovers are 2010 FAI Cup winners -- before a virtual sell out Lansdowne no less. Incidentally, we have the best quality football team on the island of Ireland - so, no, no persecution complex there old bean.
According to wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_FAI_Cup_Final - the attendance was 36,101.
According to wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aviva_Stadium - the capacity of the stadium is 51,700
simple maths tells us that (36,101 / 51,700) x (100 / 1) = 69.82%
So not quite the virtual sell out

Of course Coleman will get cap -- that's obvious, its more a question of when.nobody's disagreeing on that

As for a little patience?! He's two seasons in Preimership/along with playing a leading role in Championship promotion campaign, allied with a massive break through into first team, when out of position and supplying regular goals etc. I mean what more do you need to do have the honour of playing Norway in a friendly? Why should you wait further, that's what friendlies are for, giving experience and developing the side. Should he have gotten into the side last season, when he was in the Championship and Kelly, O'Shea and Foley were playing regularly in the Premiership, with Kelly and O'Shea also appearing in European competition? It's only this season, with the fading of Kelly at Fulham, and the injuries of O'Shea that he's become a stick to beat Trapattoni's reign with. Is he better than McGeady, who's playing in the Champions League? Up until the last two months, noone knew if he was better than Lawrence, who's consistently played well for us.

So the old patience begins to wers thinWhy, because he didn't play in the only game he was on the bench for?

-- and when there are for example posters here, on a Seamus Coleman thread, who up until recently suggest he's not good enough to don the green shirt, then forgive me for expressing a little impatience and dissatisfaction on a Seamus Coleman thread!If you read it again, most people were saying that he doesn't have the ability yet to play in defence, something that he himself, and his manager have stated publicly.

Therefore, you just have to get your head around it, that he's the most effective and attacking minded Irish player, and quite possibly the best Irish player in the Primership.So is he the best player, or the form player? And there is a difference. Leon Best is the form striker, but nobody is going to argue he's the best striker in the squad.

Put him on with the likes of Duff and McGeady let's get Ireland actually competing -- and if can't do with our best players, well we will never do it, but at least we tried and its entertaining, ps that's what football is about, success and/or entertainment and hopefully both!You do realise a midfield with Duff, McGeady and Coleman wouldn't have a tackle between them (pun not intended*)

Re the point about Doyle et al, I mean no disrespect to Reading, but Everton are a much bigger club, massive history and potential. They are one of the top sides in England. I assure you, if any granny-rule Paddy played one game for the likes of Everton, they would be straight into the Irish side. Possibly, but if the same Granny-rule Paddy wasn't brought into the side, the FAI would be castigated for missing out on a Premiership player

To recognise that because, Seamie came from the Irish Cup Winning side, in the National League of Ireland and he's going to have to prove himself -- as opposed to playing for Doncaster or Derby etc is a factor in his non-selection is not a persecution complex, its facing up to the very often sad regard in which LOI is held by some. By that logic, the rest of the Sligo team should be starting as well?

Moyes picked up a bargain in Coleman and simply put he's a great player.Again, nobody's disputing that

Of course Coleman is going to learn and hopefully develop along with being placed in the best position to suit his skills. As he gains experience, hopefully his career should blossom further.Likewise, he's also learned in his two years in England, and improved with that experience

So when I said shame on Trappatoni for not giving Coleman a run out in Norway, as it was a disgrace, this comment was made to StSku who felt that its no biggie, then sorry I object in the strongest terms.That's his opinion, and he's entitled to it. I was disappointed that Coleman didn't come on, but it didn't ruin the game for me. For the record, neither did the loss, we were playing some great possession football for a while, and got caught napping late on. It happens.

I just hope he (Trap that is, because StSku doesn't pick the team, I think - but hey maybe he's Trap in a cyber alias, with a keyboard translating chimp punching in prose about ball carriers, ball users and ball oxs et?) can come to his senses for the Wales game.Err, yeah. What?

Delighted for the Coleman and hope he can keep it going, great to see an Irish home grown success story.Always great to see that kind of story.

*pun totally intended ;)

Charlie Darwin
09/01/2011, 12:20 AM
You do realise a midfield with Duff, McGeady and Coleman wouldn't have a tackle between them (pun not intended*)
Hugely unfair on Duff. Defensively, he's the strongest winger we've had in years.

SkStu
09/01/2011, 1:59 AM
When the best Irish player can not get into the Irish national side it is a big deal.

I would you the like of posters who express the same sentiment such as at page 28 'That Trap was right about Coleman' -- ie Colbert Report, still agree that Coleman, not only should get a place in the Wales game, in fact, he is Ireland's best player.

I suppose there will be a few posters here saying, oh he doesn't have any international experience, so Trap is right to wait.

If a player his quality was was third generation Irishman having played in the Championship that hypothetical player would have got a run out with Ireland. Its a ***king disgrace he has got a full Irish cap yet.

A possible reason for the lack of an Irish cap, is that he has come from a League of Ireland club and didn't get the respect that he is due.

Anyways, he played brillantly against Tottenham, was compared as 'Colemania' by chubby Dolan on Setanta, saying that if Messie did that on Scunthorpe's pitch, we would be raving about it. So Ststu, as regard the logic you applied in your quoted remark, let me tell you, Scunthorpe, Sunderland, Arsenal or Tottenham, it doesn't matter, he's produced the goods at every level, week in, week out.

I am loving an ex-League of Ireland, Sligo Rovers, Donegal man getting a run out in the big Bowl at Lansdowne. Let's hope Trap just cops on and puts Coleman in.

erm... he's still not the finished article. If he was, he would be in a top European team, winning leagues and champions leagues or whatever it is finished articles do.

Should he be getting a game for Ireland? Definitely. I have always said that he should. Point out where i said that he shouldnt be getting his game or that Trappatoni has been right to exclude him? I am one of Trappatonis biggest critics on this messageboard.

Ill spell it out for you, the only thing i ever said was that he didnt have a good game against Sunderland. Why have you gotten yourself into such a state that you cant even understand what i wrote?

Finally, my reference to "no big deal" was that whether he is the finished article or not is no big deal in terms of whether he should be playing for Ireland. Because, given our national teams lack of options/quality, he just should be. I also meant, its no big deal if he had a bad game against Sunderland. Every player has good games and bad.

Now, do you understand what i am saying or will you just come back again in 2 months and talk more crap?

I don't know he can keep up this level of performance into the future, nobody can, with any player, but on form, having had the priviledge of seeing him play in the Showgrounds and watched his career develop, its my view -- along with leading sports commentators that he can.....

Of course Coleman is going to learn and hopefully develop along with being placed in the best position to suit his skills. As he gains experience, hopefully his career should blossom further..

it seems from the above quotes i selected from your posts that you even feel that he is not the finished article yet. So you agree with me.
Good man. I think you forgot to take your pills.

SkStu
09/01/2011, 2:02 AM
So when I said shame on Trappatoni for not giving Coleman a run out in Norway, as it was a disgrace, this comment was made to StSku who felt that its no biggie, then sorry I object in the strongest terms.

That's his opinion, and he's entitled to it. I was disappointed that Coleman didn't come on, but it didn't ruin the game for me. For the record, neither did the loss, we were playing some great possession football for a while, and got caught napping late on. It happens.

I never said that!!!! :(

The Fly
09/01/2011, 2:24 AM
Never mind Stsku

tetsujin1979
09/01/2011, 3:03 AM
I never said that!!!! :(
my bad, I thought he'd pulled it from something you had said.

legendz
09/01/2011, 12:17 PM
I hope he gets to make his debut this year. It'd have been great to have seen him get a run-out against Norway but I'm sure his chance will come. It's not entirely a bad thing to leave him wait. Some players have gone back a bit after their debuts. Trap's the manager so it's his call.

elroy
09/01/2011, 1:23 PM
Have a feeling shelyriver may know yapster or aldinho very well? Son.

shellyriver
09/01/2011, 3:32 PM
[QUOTE=tetsujin1979;1438989]According to wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_FAI_Cup_Final - the attendance was 36,101.
According to wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aviva_Stadium - the capacity of the stadium is 51,700
simple maths tells us that (36,101 / 51,700) x (100 / 1) = 69.82%
So not quite the virtual sell out" tetsujin1979 (http://foot.ie/threads/111276-Seamus-Coleman/members/1858-tetsujin1979)

Eh, it was a 'sell out' because every ticket put up for sale by FAI was sold. Hence ticket allocation sold out. Clear difference between maximum potential attedance and all tickets sold, maybe you might check that out on Wiki - comprendo? PS - it was the biggest FAI cup final attenance in decades.

"Should he have gotten into the side last season, when he was in the Championship and Kelly, O'Shea and Foley were playing regularly in the Premiership, with Kelly and O'Shea also appearing in European competition? It's only this season, with the fading of Kelly at Fulham, and the injuries of O'Shea that he's become a stick to beat Trapattoni's reign with. Is he better than McGeady, who's playing in the Champions League? Up until the last two months, noone knew if he was better than Lawrence, who's consistently played well for us."tetsujin1979 (http://foot.ie/threads/111276-Seamus-Coleman/members/1858-tetsujin1979)

No one? oh really, what about Moyes who signed him and anyone who watched Coleman play, ie LOI players. If a player of the calibre of Ronaldo played for Finn Harps you would get a slight inkling that a player of that ability just might pip into the green shirt.

Hence, there is a huge difference between 'no one knew' and you simply weren't aware or didn't believe.

--

"Why, because he didn't play in the only game he was on the bench for?
If you read it again, most people were saying that he doesn't have the ability yet to play in defence, something that he himself, and his manager have stated publicly." tetsujin1979 (http://foot.ie/threads/111276-Seamus-Coleman/members/1858-tetsujin1979)

Whatever.

"So is he the best player, or the form player? And there is a difference. Leon Best is the form striker, but nobody is going to argue he's the best striker in the squad." tetsujin1979 (http://foot.ie/threads/111276-Seamus-Coleman/members/1858-tetsujin1979)

If you believe that and can't separate one performance then you really are a cumtard.

"By that logic, the rest of the Sligo team should be starting as well? tetsujin1979 (http://foot.ie/threads/111276-Seamus-Coleman/members/1858-tetsujin1979)

Based on the performance of the Irish side against Norway game, I couldn't agree more.
PS we have two internationals in our side!

PS Stsku and your three wise acolytes -- the reason i didn't bother writing anything was I was hoping the face of the apathy, amongst the likes of Colbert Report and the like that 'Trap was Right' I was hoping Coleman's performances

Stsku -- please desist from sustaining a war of words on this tread, ie 'sap, tablets' etc -- otherwise, I will be forced to regard to as a ketamine induced suppository munching mong! Keep it to football based opinions, not personalised insults!

-

The funadamental point I posited is this - 'is there anyone on this thread who believes that Seamus Coleman should not be in the Irish side because the list of right sided players, namely Lawerence, but also planks like McShane, Kelly and Andrews, to a lesser degree Andrews and the myriads of subs used during the Norway game?

osarusan
09/01/2011, 3:39 PM
On the one hand you say this,
Stsku ........Keep it to football based opinions, not personalised insults!

but on the other you say this:

If you believe that and can't separate one performance then you really are a cumtard.

Nice one.

Charlie Darwin
09/01/2011, 3:53 PM
Eh, it was a 'sell out' because every ticket put up for sale by FAI was sold. Hence ticket allocation sold out. Clear difference between maximum potential attedance and all tickets sold, maybe you might check that out on Wiki - comprendo? PS - it was the biggest FAI cup final attenance in decades.
What? I bought my ticket ten minutes before kick off like a couple of thousand other people. There was no cap on tickets put up for sale.

The Fly
09/01/2011, 5:32 PM

It's comprende, gringo. ;)

Stsku and your three wise acolytes --

It's Skstu.

Are you 12?

shellyriver
09/01/2011, 10:39 PM
It's comprende, gringo. ;)

Are you 12?

Why do you ask? unless as apparent from your responses you are perchance El Presidente of a some Latina gimp club. In such an eventuality, then thanks for asking, but, ehm, no thanks.

The Fly
09/01/2011, 11:12 PM

Predator
10/01/2011, 12:01 AM
Great to see that Seamus Coleman has the ability to inspire Math, Logic and Spanish lessons on his discussion thread. Is there no end to this guy's talent?

tricky_colour
10/01/2011, 12:15 AM
Well lets just hope he doesn't play the guitar!! :D

The Fly
10/01/2011, 12:28 AM
Great to see that Seamus Coleman has the ability to inspire Math, Logic and Spanish lessons on his discussion thread. Is there no end to this guy's talent?

Seamus Ramos!

peadar1987
10/01/2011, 1:39 AM
Seamus Ramos!

Apparently Diego Carbónhombre. It has a bit of a ring to it!

tricky_colour
10/01/2011, 2:03 AM
Scored a cracker here in a friendly exhibition game!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKc1_rXz6Vw

SkStu
10/01/2011, 2:06 AM
PS Stsku and your three wise acolytes -- the reason i didn't bother writing anything was I was hoping the face of the apathy, amongst the likes of Colbert Report and the like that 'Trap was Right' I was hoping Coleman's performances

Stsku -- please desist from sustaining a war of words on this tread, ie 'sap, tablets' etc -- otherwise, I will be forced to regard to as a ketamine induced suppository munching mong! Keep it to football based opinions, not personalised insults!

can you stop misquoting me? I dont know, are you just not capable of simple comprehension? Your inability to compose coherent or complete sentences suggests there may be something seriously wrong with you. That, plus the fact that you count Pat Dolan as a valid football pundit.

The Fly
10/01/2011, 2:11 AM
Skstu, how would it feel to be regarded as a ketamine induced suppository munching mong?

Neigh bother to you, I suppose.

SkStu
10/01/2011, 2:20 AM
Skstu, how would it feel to be regarded as a ketamine induced suppository munching mong?

Neigh bother to you, I suppose.

oh, is that what he was saying? I thought it was just random words beside each other.

Neigh bother indeed, Fly, i have been called a lot worse.

The Fly
10/01/2011, 3:50 AM
Neigh bother indeed, Fly, i have been called a lot worse.

Like StSku.

SwanVsDalton
10/01/2011, 2:00 PM
Seriously guys, a key question is being lost amongst all the Spanish lessons, drug accusations and Colemanballs...

What the flip is a cumtard?

I want to say some kind of biscuit....

passinginterest
10/01/2011, 2:38 PM
Seriously guys, a key question is being lost amongst all the Spanish lessons, drug accusations and Colemanballs...

Half ejaculate, half mental disability and completely tasty...

SwanVsDalton
10/01/2011, 3:26 PM

Soggy biscuit then.

theworm2345
10/01/2011, 7:29 PM
I would've thought someone who ejaculates in a tardy (late) fashion.

The Fly
10/01/2011, 7:46 PM

After a quick search on urbandictionary.com, two related definitions are offered:

i) One who is dumbtardedly infatuated with mansyrup/mammalsauce

ii) A cumtard is a shortening of the phrase cum drinking retard.
It is used as a way of letting someone know that you consider them to be a retarded cum receptacle. (apparently)

ken foree
10/01/2011, 7:58 PM
I would've thought someone who ejaculates in a tardy (late) fashion.

that's good stuff theworm, keep it... up.

SkStu
10/01/2011, 8:48 PM
After a quick search on urbandictionary.com, two related definitions are offered:

i) One who is dumbtardedly infatuated with mansyrup/mammalsauce

ii) A cumtard is a shortening of the phrase cum drinking retard.
It is used as a way of letting someone know that you consider them to be a retarded cum receptacle. (apparently)

i think Tetsujin owes this messageboard the truth. What say you Tets. Are you a cumtard?

Kingdom
10/01/2011, 9:41 PM
lol @ cumtard.
Can't believe someone is questioning Mr 1979.

The Fly
10/01/2011, 10:02 PM
i think Tetsujin owes this messageboard the truth. What say you Tets. Are you a cumtard?

On my part I can neither confirm, nor deny, the allegation that I am the President of a gimp club for Hispanic ladies.

The Fly
10/01/2011, 10:10 PM
Soggy biscuit then.

I will never dip my Rich Tea again.

Sullivinho
10/01/2011, 10:19 PM
On my part I can neither confirm, nor deny, the allegation that I am the President of a gimp club for Hispanic ladies.

It's an oddly specific allegation. Suspiciously so. Perhaps there exists an inherent inaccuracy in the allegation that prevents confirmation or denial? Such as The Fly not being the President of the Gimp Club for Hispanic Ladies but rather some other position of power? Chief Executive, Administrator etc.

tetsujin1979
10/01/2011, 11:01 PM
following extensive consultation with my lawyers, I can neither confirm nor deny the accusation, however I will say this.

Takes one to know one.

Spudulika
20/01/2011, 8:05 AM
After some wonderful time killing, news just in the Seamus Coleman has signed a new contract with Everton. Do Sligo get a few quid from this or would it only have been had his mooted transfer gone through?

DeLorean
20/01/2011, 9:05 AM
Four and a half year deal, fair play to him.

Coleman signs new Everton deal (http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2011/0120/colemans.html)

Charlie Darwin
20/01/2011, 9:17 AM
Could have sworn he signed one in the summer.

ifk101
20/01/2011, 9:29 AM
Do Sligo get a few quid from this or would it only have been had his mooted transfer gone through?

Unlikely. Usual clauses are for future transfers and senior caps.

paul_oshea
20/01/2011, 9:31 AM
He did Charlie.my mate who works for an agent over here -who is coincidentally from donegal-was saying to me just before Christmas about this.he said his agent was a fool advising him to sign a four and a half year deal at the terms especially given the impact he has now made. I assume its just revised terms to commit him especially with piennar gone.

tricky_colour
20/01/2011, 10:09 PM
Well I expect both Coleman and Everton realised he had increased in value considerably.
Not sure who will have got the better deal.
Coleman will have better wages and security and Everton secured a player with a big transfer value.

paul_oshea
20/01/2011, 10:21 PM
He might be upgrading his a6!

Stuttgart88
20/01/2011, 10:25 PM
He might be upgrading his a6!Speaking of cars, there was a story in one of today's papers (The Independent?) saying that Jermaine Pennant's old club in Spain rang him to say he'd left his Porsche with personalised number plates in the local train station before he left for England. Pennant's response was that he had forgotten he owned one.

paul_oshea
20/01/2011, 11:00 PM
Ya but then they denied it