PDA

View Full Version : Séamus Coleman (D Everton b.1988)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

tricky_colour
23/10/2012, 6:26 PM
It was sloppy to say the least, safety first. We can't depend on top class refereeing in games as we found out before.

He can be very casual at times. Got away with it on the wings but too dangerous in the box.

I don't really see it that way, I see it as he did enough, he didn't give away a penalty, I'd agree he is better
outside of the box. but that is not his normal position, let's face it we have defenders whose normal position is
inside the box who are not exactly flawless!! At least he was there covering and it was a bit unsporting of the QPR player to sneak up
on him like that.

It's also worth nothing that immediately after that incident another QPR player picked up the ball and made a run in the box,
Coleman dispossessed him and turned defence into attack, that player also went down in the box, however he made no appeal
for a peno, so I assume there was no foul. I am a bit mystified as to how Coleman managed to dispossess him, however the fact
remains he did. indeed I have seen a number of incident were he has done something similar ie somehow managed to get past
a player (or two) when it was seemingly impossible, which is why I am always happy to see his name on the team sheet.

Actually I have just remembered something called "Colemanbalsl"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTRSY06pcNE

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rASmmmU5mMk

Indeed the incident contains it's own Colemanball, ie "That's a penalty, all day long" when it fact it was not!!

So he is a bit of a magician in a way, "The quickness of the foot deceives the eye"!!

tommy_c12000
28/10/2012, 11:57 AM
Big test for Seamus V Liverpool today. Starts RB. Will be interesting to see how he does

tommy_c12000
28/10/2012, 7:27 PM
Had a good, solid game today at RB. Huge for him

elroy
28/10/2012, 9:52 PM
Had a good, solid game today at RB. Huge for him

Ya overall did very well. He is still better going forward than he is defensively. he had a wonderful one two in the second half which he finished with a decent cross when he probably couldve struck himself. had a couple of decent snapshots as well.

He was partly at fault for the first goal, committed himself in the build up when there was no need. A number of times Pool did get behind him on the right hand side but he is definitely improving in a damn fine team.

tricky_colour
29/10/2012, 2:05 AM
Dunno, I think he was a bit unlucky the lose ball fell to Liverpool player.
Suarez should never have been allowed to score from that angle anyway.
Leighton Baines hardly covered himself in glory.
But I would say a decent game for Coleman overall, on Sky Sports 3 Everton players rated above him, 3 below and 4 the same.
I think on another occasion he causes Suarez to fall over in his effort to get past him.

theworm2345
03/11/2012, 3:48 PM
Couple of mistakes there from Coleman there lead to Fulham's late equaliser.

tricky_colour
03/11/2012, 7:48 PM
Was 3rd highest rated player on sky sports only Fellani and Mirallas according to te fans rating anyway

shellyriver
16/11/2012, 11:24 AM
yep he did, its something ive always feared about him and for ireland. I really don't know how he has gotten away with it for so long, he must have eaten his lucky charms again this morning. On five occasions I've seen him give away clear penalties yet he gets away with it.

As for spanner comments - any comment on his performance v Greece? Most accompolished Irish player?

Everton must have some academy turning this raw, unprofessional, rough diamond into the jewel he is:confused: Why don't more players go there, what's their secret:confused:

Said it last year - he is playing at the highest level of any Irish player in the PL and should have walked into that side.

The secret of his success is the manner is how he plays - you strip that from him, and he is half the player he is.

As for giving the ball away - do you think it is realistically possible to play the time of game he does and cover every blade of grass done the wing? Imagine making a mistake! Play safe and get hammered. Yeah, that sounds good.

As for academies? Can't teach you attitude, can't teach you want you haven't got. Just brush up on what's already there.

Sligo Rovers gave him away for €60K and embarrassed the LOI undersellling such an asset. Doesn't have to such an extent usually but the 'piece of business' was utter insanity - passed off as good-will, only for Everton to see a second tier side v Sligo Rovers as a friendly!

Great to see Seamie getting just reward - simply a class act. Great to see Hoolihan play also - proper footballers of contrasting hues.

How Trappatoni couldn't see that was a disgrace, anyone who supports that philosophy should really give up any involvement in football at whatever level you're at - I suppose that won't stop bar-stool fools.

Kingdom
16/11/2012, 12:58 PM
Everton must have some academy turning this raw, unprofessional, rough diamond into the jewel he is:confused: Why don't more players go there, what's their secret:confused:
The secret of his success is the manner is how he plays - you strip that from him, and he is half the player he is.

Tell any young fella that you've to succeed or it's back to Killybegs with you, and they'll work harder than a child in a Burmese sweatshop.

theworm2345
17/11/2012, 3:36 PM
Just gave away a penalty, barged in to the back of the Reading player (le Fondre?) as he was taking the ball down on his chest in the box.

tricky_colour
17/11/2012, 3:44 PM
I though he was playing well up untill then, got a real good tackle or two in.
Not too sure what happened with the peno, just seemed to barge into the back of the player.
No need for it, you can't do that in the box.

paul_oshea
17/11/2012, 4:39 PM
thats my main worry he needs to rid his game of this

DannyInvincible
17/11/2012, 6:17 PM
The good old-fashioned Gaelic football "shoulder" barge rears itself again.

Charlie Darwin
17/11/2012, 7:33 PM
Seems he finally gave away that penalty he's been threatening to concede for 3 years.

geysir
17/11/2012, 9:03 PM
I wouldn't be able to handle the long term worry over when/where he'll concede the next penalty, I'm glad we have Paul to shoulder that burden.

BonnieShels
17/11/2012, 10:57 PM
I wouldn't be able to handle the long term worry over when/where he'll concede the next penalty, I'm glad we have Paul to shoulder that burden.

...and with that, Paul found his purpose.

OwlsFan
19/11/2012, 2:07 PM
As highlighted on Goals on Sunday on Sky with David Moyes the guest, Coleman was unfortunately responsible for both Reading goals as he lost his man for their headed goal as well as giving away the penalty. Moyes wasn't a happy camper. Fingers crossed he'll learn from these mistakes and Moyes will persevere with him.

paul_oshea
19/11/2012, 2:14 PM
...and with that, Paul found his purpose.

Mock at your peril, but unfortunately(for all of us :D) I'm usually right about these things. Saturday was an example of this.

I hope he learns from them, but as Owlsfan says, Moyes might not persevere with him. Hibbert is still injured is he? He still has too much of a GAA mentality when it comes to tackling.

OwlsFan
19/11/2012, 2:32 PM
Seems he was the subject of some anti-Irish twitter comments because of the penalty:

http://www.donegaldaily.com/2012/11/18/everton-back-coleman-after-star-gets-vile-twitter-abuse/

the bear
19/11/2012, 3:07 PM
Seems he was the subject of some anti-Irish twitter comments because of the penalty:

http://www.donegaldaily.com/2012/11/18/everton-back-coleman-after-star-gets-vile-twitter-abuse/

Rio ferdinand is in hot water after a tweet was aimed at Irish international Seamus Coleman. Ferdinand described Coleman as a "Waffle" (white on the outside, spud on the inside). The FA are looking into it.

tricky_colour
24/11/2012, 3:37 PM
He was not even on the bench today!!

Crosby87
24/11/2012, 4:08 PM
That's a real Seamus Tricky.

tricky_colour
24/11/2012, 4:33 PM
That's a real Seamus Tricky.

Indeed it is but I see it reported on and Everton forum here is out for 2-3 weeks with an ankle injury.
However I have seen nothing in the press but it sounds credible, was reported before the game in the forum.
Everton were winning, but Norwich got a last minute equaliser, so the draw shoudl work
in his favour for coming back in.

Crosby87
24/11/2012, 4:41 PM
And compounding your grief is the sad news that Larry Hagman (JR Ewing) has died. Ill never forget Tets, with a look of bewilderment, Asking passerbys who shot him in the 1980s.
I met him at a golf function in Texas around 2004, he was a nice man.

tricky_colour
09/12/2012, 3:53 PM
He just put in a great cross which was headed in for the equaliser.
Everton got another goal from a cross from the right a few minutes later, could not see if it was coleman
but it came from the right back area.

Spurs were 1-0 up until about 88 mins and lost 1-2.

Irwin3
09/12/2012, 4:09 PM
Gibson cross, Vellios flick on, Jelavic finish for the second one. The linkup and general performances of Coleman and Gibson today fill an Irishman with hope for the future.

Crosby87
09/12/2012, 4:26 PM
But Gibson doesnt play for us anymore Dennis.

tricky_colour
09/12/2012, 4:37 PM
Was typical Coleman cross, has a kind of slight stutter as he look up to see where to put it.
One thing I find about Coleman is that he is always easy to spot something to
do with the way he moves (lol) that's a song!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrW7dlDHH28

I didn't think it was Coleman for the second it was just that it seemed to be from roughly the right
back position (but a bit more infield), but I rarely expect him to see him there really, he is usually further up the right wing.

Nice to see Coleman playing well, I didn't really see a lot of the game and thus Gibson, whether he plays
for us or not.

Predator
09/12/2012, 4:43 PM
Gibson cross, Vellios flick on, Jelavic finish for the second one. The linkup and general performances of Coleman and Gibson today fill an Irishman with hope for the future.Don't be so silly. Paul Green is tearing it up.

Irwin3
09/12/2012, 8:50 PM
Don't be so silly. Paul Green is tearing it up.

Ah. Back to reality. It was good while it lasted. :(

Anyway, here are the Everton goals.

http://i.minus.com/iS1fDX8dyYVTV.gif

http://i.minus.com/iH4hBZ1HG3CL.gif

Irwin3
13/12/2012, 3:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PakPnZum4oc

tricky_colour
13/12/2012, 4:23 PM
Quality player one of the best players we have.

paul_oshea
13/12/2012, 5:01 PM
fair play to whoever is making those!

Irish_Praha
13/12/2012, 5:59 PM
Was he playing right wing or right back in that game? :p

tetsujin1979
18/12/2012, 2:56 PM
Coleman expected to sign new deal at Everton: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11671/8341454/Everton-s-Seamus-Coleman-is-close-to-agreeing-a-new-deal-at-Goodison-Park

Stuttgart88
19/12/2012, 2:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PakPnZum4oc

Gibson looked pretty classy in those clips too.

Charlie Darwin
22/12/2012, 2:12 PM
Seems to have picked up another injury as he's not in the squad today. Frustrating.

tricky_colour
22/12/2012, 5:32 PM
Everton forum guy said he was injured in in training yesterday.
Another guy said it was a hamstring.

DannyInvincible
26/12/2012, 1:34 PM
Misses out again today. Any idea when he'll be back?

Paddy Garcia
31/12/2012, 9:00 AM
Just signed a 5 and a half year deal with Everton.

BonnieShels
31/12/2012, 12:16 PM
Just signed a 5 and a half year deal with Everton.

I read that earlier on RTÉ. Delighted for him.

ifk101
31/12/2012, 12:22 PM
Make or break season for Coleman.

geysir
31/12/2012, 1:47 PM
Everton think he's already made it this season, giving him that contract.

harry crumb
31/12/2012, 2:09 PM
Set for life now.

Fair play to him.

Colbert Report
01/01/2013, 7:59 PM
Can someone explain to me how this type of thing works? This from soccernet.com:

"He was rewarded with a new three-year contract in May 2010 and signed an improved four-and-a-half-year deal in January 2011 in a season in which he made 24 Premier League starts, his best to date."

"Everton defender Seamus Coleman signed a new five-and-a-half-year contract Monday with the club, extended his stay at Goodison Park until the summer of 2018."

What kind of money was he on for each of these contract? Is this information available? I've been chided on here before for asking these types of questions but here in North America, all the major professional sports leagues publish all the contracts so everyone knows exactly what kind of money every athlete is on at all times. is it a privacy issue?

tricky_colour
01/01/2013, 8:33 PM
They certainly do not publish wages here, all you tend to hear is "wages rumoured to be"
Not usually in the clubs or players interests to do so.

I guess his existing contract ran out in mid 2015, 2.5 years away.

So Seamus is probably considered more valuable and wants more money and Everton can see
the end to his contract on the horizon and want to secure his services.

So both likely to want a new deal, if the contract is allowed to lapse Everton lose a player worth many millions so happy to give him more dosh.

Not sure what he was on or what he is on now, but got to be in the sseveral tens of thousands, perhaps someone who is up on wages and the like could give you a better idea.

It says £26000 per week here but that must be his old wages if it's correct?
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_does_seamus_Coleman_of_everton_earn

Colbert Report
01/01/2013, 9:28 PM
Thanks very much. It works so differently over here in North America. It would be extremely unusual for any sports team here to extend a contract in anything other than the final year of the existing contract, so tying up Coleman 2.5 years before his contract was due to expire is a big surprise to me. Does the old contract just get ripped up? Does his raise just kick once his old contract was due to expire? Teams will sign unattached players here, but the first thing out of supporter's mouths is not "is he any good?" it is "how much money does he make?" For example, a top player in the NBA could be paid upwards of fifteen million dollars , but a lesser player at a far reduced salary can be a much better pick-up, as it frees up space to pick up more players.

For example, Cudicini has just been announced as the LA Galaxy's latest pick-up. His wages will be a matter of public record over here in America, but what about his existing contract with Spurs? He was available on a free but assuming he had at least half a season left on his current Spurs contract, how would that work? Would Spurs just buy him out, like give him the total value of the money he would have made between now and the end of the season? Why is this information not publicly available? Surely the tax service in the UK would be privy to this information?

the bear
02/01/2013, 10:56 AM
Coleman has been excellant this season. Great that he's thought of highly by Moyes. He is now first choice RB for club and country i reckon. Great work after a disappointing last season.

Charlie Darwin
02/01/2013, 5:18 PM
Make or break season for Coleman.
Why is that?

ifk101
02/01/2013, 6:25 PM
Why is that?

It was meant as a joke.