PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Rumours/Suggestions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

biscuit
29/02/2008, 10:13 PM
Greener is a left winger. Plays with the IT and played with the Irish colleges team in italy last year. Has youth and schoolboy international caps too.Hard to say wheter he'll be a big addition,prob be a decent backup if injuries etc hit us hard!

SligoBrewer
01/03/2008, 10:04 PM
Would he have played with Seamie?

red bellied
17/03/2008, 9:12 AM
Gillingham have allowed former Millwall and Barnet midfielder Barry Cogan to join Blue Square Premier League side Grays Athletic on a month's loan.
The 23-year-old Sligo-born player moved to the Priestefield Stadium last summer but has started only 13 games for the Gills this term.

He has not been involved in the first-team squad since January as Mark Stimson's side attempt to move clear of the relegation zone.

Stuart Thurgood also moved from Gillingham to Grays on loan earlier this week.

http://www.football.co.uk/gillingham/gills_agree_cogan_loan_move_261718.shtml

Could he end up back here in the summer?

sligoman
17/03/2008, 12:57 PM
Seems to have gone downhill since his FA cup final appearance.

sligofan4ever
17/03/2008, 11:29 PM
Does anyone know if Gino O Boyle and Mikey Creane are still with Sligo and can anyone give me any info on the new lads ciaran green and ross mcloughlin

feo123
17/03/2008, 11:47 PM
Does anyone know if Gino O Boyle and Mikey Creane are still with Sligo and can anyone give me any info on the new lads ciaran green and ross mcloughlin

gino and mikey arnt with rovers anymore, gino is back playing with glenview stars in the junior league. mikey is meant to be coming back to play for the A team in the summer after he finishes college for the year.

Ciaran Greene is from Killybeggs and is in the IT, i think hes only part time woth rovers, might even be only with the A team now im not too sure, he was on the irish colleges team in some international tournament a while back too. and was part of the college team this year in the umbro cup

Ross played all his youth footy with merville united, he is a midfielder, and was doing a FAS course with gavin dykes last year and this year not sure if hes training with rovers full time or doing a bit of both. one of the best youth players ive played against down though the years if not thee best

sligofan4ever
24/03/2008, 3:18 PM
gino and mikey arnt with rovers anymore, gino is back playing with glenview stars in the junior league. mikey is meant to be coming back to play for the A team in the summer after he finishes college for the year.

Ciaran Greene is from Killybeggs and is in the IT, i think hes only part time woth rovers, might even be only with the A team now im not too sure, he was on the irish colleges team in some international tournament a while back too. and was part of the college team this year in the umbro cup

Ross played all his youth footy with merville united, he is a midfielder, and was doing a FAS course with gavin dykes last year and this year not sure if hes training with rovers full time or doing a bit of both. one of the best youth players ive played against down though the years if not thee best

OK thanks Feo I know Gino I might ask him if he has any plans of returning he is a very good Striker hes a bouncer so hes strong enough and my brother knows mikey reckon he might be back at Sligo aswell and didnt Ross Mcloughlin score Sligo Rovers final goal of the season last season ?

feo123
24/03/2008, 8:54 PM
OK thanks Feo I know Gino I might ask him if he has any plans of returning he is a very good Striker hes a bouncer so hes strong enough and my brother knows mikey reckon he might be back at Sligo aswell and didnt Ross Mcloughlin score Sligo Rovers final goal of the season last season ?

yeah he did.
he's with the club alrigght but just not sure if he's full time or still doing the FAS course as well as with rovers

sligoman
24/03/2008, 10:11 PM
yeah he did.
he's with the club alrigght but just not sure if he's full time or still doing the FAS course as well as with roversStill doing FAS too feo. Ross will be playing with A team more so this season, same as Mikey.

sligofan4ever
25/03/2008, 6:26 PM
is the A Team kind of like reserves or something ? because Mikey only made a few appearences for Sligo as a sub i was at his debut against Longford last Season he does very well when hes fighting for the ball I was a t a camp with hima few years back the young kids love him lol

Rovers1
25/03/2008, 7:27 PM
theres the premier division, first division, A championship and u-21s league, so yeah A team is just like a reserve team

sligoman
07/05/2008, 4:47 PM
Ciaran Greene is signing a FT contract with Rovers according to today's Sligo Post, after he finishes his exams in Sligo IT.

Rovers Maniac
07/05/2008, 5:06 PM
Daddy told me this guy is ok.

sligofan4ever
07/05/2008, 5:30 PM
Any news on this young Noctor joing us from killybegs ? i understand his current manager and the A Team manager for Sligo Rovers rate him very well for his age. could this be another Seamie Coleman joining from the same squad ?.

Boo_Boy
07/05/2008, 5:53 PM
[quote=sligofan4ever;937101]Any news on this young Noctor joing us from killybegs ? quote]

funny:D

deecay
07/05/2008, 7:14 PM
[quote=sligofan4ever;937101]Any news on this young Noctor joing us from killybegs ? quote]

funny:D
:confused:

Only1Rovers
07/05/2008, 9:36 PM
Any news on this young Noctor joing us from killybegs ? i understand his current manager and the A Team manager for Sligo Rovers rate him very well for his age. could this be another Seamie Coleman joining from the same squad ?.

He's a centre half. By all accounts he decent however, i doubt he'll be making mazy runs around the opposition's right full and centre halves.

Boo_Boy
07/05/2008, 10:03 PM
Gillingham have allowed former Millwall and Barnet midfielder Barry Cogan to join Blue Square Premier League side Grays Athletic on a month's loan.
The 23-year-old Sligo-born player moved to the Priestefield Stadium last summer but has started only 13 games for the Gills this term.

He has not been involved in the first-team squad since January as Mark Stimson's side attempt to move clear of the relegation zone.

Stuart Thurgood also moved from Gillingham to Grays on loan earlier this week.

http://www.football.co.uk/gillingham/gills_agree_cogan_loan_move_261718.shtml

Could he end up back here in the summer?

its possible, he's looking for a new club after being released by gillingham today (http://www.gillinghamfootballclub.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10416~1307588,00.html)

SligoBrewer
07/05/2008, 10:05 PM
its possible, he's looking for a new club after being released by gillingham today (http://www.gillinghamfootballclub.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10416%7E1307588,00.html)

Worth a trial I suppose.

happydays97
07/05/2008, 10:29 PM
Ciaran Greene is from Killybeggs

He's from Letterkenny. He was on the books of Derry last season

deecay
07/05/2008, 10:53 PM
QPR stricker anyone? Thats all I heard?

Only1Rovers
08/05/2008, 11:14 AM
QPR stricker anyone? Thats all I heard?

what?

deecay
08/05/2008, 4:04 PM
Who we are linked with,Patrick Agyemang is the only fella I can think of but he went from Preston for about £1million.Hes supposed to be over 6ft

sligofan4ever
10/05/2008, 10:44 AM
anyone got any stats on Patrick for example his goal tally. and what we need is a good young striker who will put in a great effort because at the moment our only striker doing that is Rommy Boco. Faz and Judge just dont seem to put in that great effort like they did last season.

Boo_Boy
10/05/2008, 9:40 PM
anyone got any stats on Patrick for example his goal tally. and what we need is a good young striker who will put in a great effort because at the moment our only striker doing that is Rommy Boco. Faz and Judge just dont seem to put in that great effort like they did last season.

FFS lad, this is Queens Park Rangers from the Championship not a sunday league team.

there is in depth statistics on any website for championship players.

and he's 27, i wouldnt class him as a 'young striker' considering he would be one of the oldest in the Rovers team.

neutrino
11/05/2008, 1:28 PM
Agyemang is on a long-term contract worth anywhere upto 10k a week. Pure fantasy to suggest him as a transfer target.

Rovers fan
11/05/2008, 1:54 PM
maybe he's coming on loan? Where did people hear about this?

avvenalaf
11/05/2008, 5:50 PM
maybe he's coming on loan? Where did people hear about this?

In the outpatient's department in St. Columba's ?

deecay
11/05/2008, 5:53 PM
He went from PNE for about £1million as ive stated.Hes definatly not a target:rolleyes:

Soper
11/05/2008, 6:08 PM
Hah, remember we were going to sign Geoff Horsefield?

SligoBrewer
11/05/2008, 6:10 PM
I hear Dixie Dean.. oh wait.

Rovers fan
11/05/2008, 6:53 PM
Hah, remember we were going to sign Geoff Horsefield?

and stan collymore

deecay
13/05/2008, 12:09 AM
Ive heard a few things about Mauro,that man deserves a serious contract

Boo_Boy
13/05/2008, 12:28 AM
Ive heard a few things about Mauro

your source say Manchester United are interested in him?;)

SligoBrewer
13/05/2008, 12:42 AM

Nah, just Juventus. :(

Rovers1
13/05/2008, 5:47 PM

too good for them ;)

Red4Eva
14/05/2008, 5:24 PM
heard cook's in for tony grant today

Boo_Boy
15/05/2008, 3:58 AM
heard cook's in for tony grant today

Tony Grant (Striker) with Drogs?

There's also Tony Grant (Midfielder) who's a scouser and was a player/coach at Accrington Stanley but has no club after leaving Chester City.

forza rovers
15/05/2008, 9:51 AM
Tony Grant (Striker) with Drogs?

There's also Tony Grant (Midfielder) who's a scouser and was a player/coach at Accrington Stanley but has no club after leaving Chester City.he has only scored 2 goals this season,it also says he is a sub on the drogs site.

deecay
15/05/2008, 5:17 PM
How many strickers to they have,he's well down the pecking order

forza rovers
15/05/2008, 5:28 PM
How many strickers to they have,he's well down the pecking order
they have 6

gustavo
15/05/2008, 8:28 PM
he has only scored 2 goals this season,it also says he is a sub on the drogs site.

as many as any of our strikers have got

RedRebel32
17/05/2008, 12:41 PM
grant was a decent player a few years back, very good striker in this league.haven't seen much of him in recent times with drogs having an excess amount of strikers.there is no shame not getting on there where they have fabio and zayed etc tho the big lad they have is muck:o

still,although grant is a bit more all action than judge and faz[thats not too hard] i think we need a 6" plus lad to hold it up,win flicks or hold it before spreading the ball to the wings aswell as to the onrunning attackers down the middle.there arent many like this in EL,but they would be a success here because alot of teams come to the showgrounds and play hoof ball.like it or not its hard to play football against that, and you are inevitably brought down to their level over the course of the game

SRFCbrothelutd
17/05/2008, 1:01 PM
Just heard from a good source, rovers are in talks with Barry Cogan to come to showgrounds in July. Faz is heading to either Cork, Drogs or u.k in July & also 3 players in total will be leaving in July to make way for 3 incoming players. Tony Grant is set to sign for Bray afaik...

forza rovers
17/05/2008, 1:07 PM
Just heard from a good source, rovers are in talks with Barry Cogan to come to showgrounds in July. Faz is heading to either Cork, Drogs or u.k in July & also 3 players in total will be leaving in July to make way for 3 incoming players. Tony Grant is set to sign for Bray afaik...who is he?and what are the names of these players?

RedRebel32
17/05/2008, 1:19 PM
i wonder what cogan is like, he's a good age so that is a big plus, has a wee bit of time to adapt to the league.faz is pure class technically, but his heart isnt in it this season imo...he hasnt been terrible or anything in fact has had some decent games, but if he doesnt want to where the shirt then he's not fit to and is not irreplacable.

i assume or transfer targets will involve a couple of ex-southport or accrington lads who were released and the like.should definately make a move for ciaran martyn, give him games and resurrect his career.him and anto would be a great and balanced partnership. cant see cawley coming at all but he is a sound lad and would at least listen to an offer.

i wonder who the 3 lads going are..would not be surprised if they were along the lines of curran and foy anyway.i hope we replace jennings,after his first game i hope it is his last for us.

forza rovers
17/05/2008, 1:21 PM
is this the lad:http://www.gillinghamfootballclub.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10416~24149,00.html

RedRebel32
17/05/2008, 1:28 PM
i thought he was 22,could be wrong though

sligofan4ever
17/05/2008, 1:45 PM
i wonder what cogan is like, he's a good age so that is a big plus, has a wee bit of time to adapt to the league.faz is pure class technically, but his heart isnt in it this season imo...he hasnt been terrible or anything in fact has had some decent games, but if he doesnt want to where the shirt then he's not fit to and is not irreplacable.

i assume or transfer targets will involve a couple of ex-southport or accrington lads who were released and the like.should definately make a move for ciaran martyn, give him games and resurrect his career.him and anto would be a great and balanced partnership. cant see cawley coming at all but he is a sound lad and would at least listen to an offer.

i wonder who the 3 lads going are..would not be surprised if they were along the lines of curran and foy anyway.i hope we replace jennings,after his first game i hope it is his last for us.

I would like to see Ciaran Martyn here myself hes from Sligo isnt he ? Jennings dosent have a future at Rovers by the looks of it. Curran and Foy will most likely be 2 of the 3 players supposed to be leaving us.

Boo_Boy
17/05/2008, 1:57 PM
I would like to see Ciaran Martyn here myself hes from Sligo isnt he ?

yes

jennings doesnt have a future at rovers by the looks of it

he never did...