PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Rumours/Suggestions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

brianw82
26/10/2008, 10:57 AM
Cook said on Friday at the Q & A that he hasn't received one phone call about Coleman. It's all just paper talk.

Well Red
27/10/2008, 2:42 PM
When he leaves it will almost certainly be to a Championship side and I would estimate we should get in the region of €200,000 for him. If my maths are correct that is the equivlant of £156,000 sterling and surely that is a realistic figure, what do you think, is my idea on the fee too low or too high and remember it is what we are likely to get and not what we would like to get that I am considering. If we achieve €200,000 then together with other funds coming in for next season, surely this would put us in a reasonable position and may also help to retain the services of Cooke into a new term. Continuing on the financial side I repeat what I said a little while ago on this forum, that is SR supporters that live away from Sligo should make a weekly contribution through one of the many fund raising efforts and the weekly lottery which can be done on line is a great way to help and remember it is most likely that you do not get to pay through the turnstiles at home games very much as you do not live in Sligo and probably see more away games than home. We cannot just leave it to residents in the Sligo area to continue funding the Rovers, if everyone made a good contribution then we could be facing the prospect of an exciting season next year.

brianw82
27/10/2008, 3:15 PM
I repeat what I said a little while ago on this forum, that is SR supporters that live away from Sligo should make a weekly contribution through one of the many fund raising efforts and the weekly lottery which can be done on line is a great way to help and remember it is most likely that you do not get to pay through the turnstiles at home games very much as you do not live in Sligo and probably see more away games than home.

I don't live in Sligo anymore, yet I am a season ticket holder. It was bought in the knowledge that I wouldn't be to all the home games. I've been to roughly half the home games this season, yet I've always paid in to help the club a bit more. I also play the lotto online. I'm sure a lot of others here do the same.

Well Red
27/10/2008, 4:06 PM
Great Brianw82 and there are many like yourself but I will continue to urge fans wherever they are to contribute to Rovers. A lot of fans do not even live in the Ireland and may not get around to being part of the fund raising and these are the people and others that I would encourage to help out. Bottom line being if you follow Rovers whether you live in Sligo or not to be sure to make a regular contribution financially, it can be as low at a few Euro per week but what a difference it makes.

Guts&Glory
27/10/2008, 11:19 PM
Heard it from a good source...my valuation would be higher;)

Well it wont be the afformentioned Reading, Birmingham or Southampton paying £ 450,000 for a LOI Full back, they struggle to pay that from English teams look at Readings bartering for Noel Hunt .........FGS lets get realistic lads.

good source????......MC member ?, player?, coach?

Only1Rovers
28/10/2008, 7:56 AM
Where can you get 200k from? A player is only worth the highest bid. If there was only 1 club interested then we'll get nowhere near your 200k. It would appear from previous experience LOI clubs can demand a fee based only on their reputation, such as cork.

sligofan4ever
28/10/2008, 12:43 PM
Doe's anyone know if Birmingham Southampton and reading are still interested in Seamie ? Havn't heard much since. Wasn't he on trial at Burnley before ?.

Only1Rovers
28/10/2008, 12:47 PM
Doe's anyone know if Birmingham Southampton and rea trial at Burnley before ?.

No other club has contacted Rovers concerning Seamie according to Cook.

Seamie was not on trial at Burnly. Cook organised it so he could train with the club or something like that.

avvenalaf
28/10/2008, 2:15 PM
In an exciting and eventful day, Steve Bleasdale's hard work to secure new striker Chris Amadi finally paid off as the 6'2" forward joined the Club from Burscough.

Oldham-born Chris was straight into first team training after signing and is looking forward to the opportunity to travel with the squad to this Saturday's FA Trophy match at Harrogate.

This news comes as Leigh are set to release striker Darren Mansaram, who has been with the Club since July on a month by month contract, which was due for renewal this week. Darren, who had already changed his contract from full to part time on account of the gruelling 160 mile return trip each day, was looking to move on and the club have been happy to allow him to do so.

Darren made eight starts for Genesis, scoring three goals and making one further appearance as a substitute during his time here, and we are now delighted to wish him every success for the future.

WELL, THERE'S OUR STRIKING PROBLEM SOLVED.........SIGN AMADI!

RedRebel32
28/10/2008, 3:43 PM
I'd rather keep seamus than let him go for 200k,best young irish right back there is he is worth alot more and if there is no interest all the better we get to reap the benefits from his performances.id rather keep our best players than sell them off if we can avoid it at all.however if a huge offer came in that the club couldnt turn down then so be it

red arrow
28/10/2008, 5:16 PM
hi well red. i do a lot of fundraising for the bit 'o red , especially the 100 euro lotto card and i work in tandem with frank beirne who runs the weekly lotto. last november i started working on the e100 lotto card along with getting people to sign up on line for a full year (which costs a punter e92 quick pick 4 numbers). in one sense the online sign up for 46 weeks plus 6 weeks free for e92 is easier for people to do as it is on line and can be done by anybody who has access to the net. the e100 lotto card is better value because you are allowed to enter 2 sets of 4 numbers for e100. my question to you "well red" is would you be willing to help out (ie to either get people to sign up online or take some of the e100 cards from me . my number is 087 2388215. like you, i believe if we can retain the services of paul cook and the current squod we have a very exciting future ahead. i spoke to paul cook today and he and gerry do not want to leave sligo but we must retain the current squod
wit some additions. this will be very tough in the present circumstances as money is extremely scarce but i believe this squod can win trophies and be very successful. however it can be done but it needs more fundraising and the club needs more help. anybody interested contact me at the above number. only genuine parties interested need apply

Well Red
28/10/2008, 6:41 PM
Red Arrow I am fairly new to this forum but I have been supporting SR financially for a long time in various ways and I agree with you that the 46 week on line lotto is very easy to do and that is one of the methods that I use. Living in the Leinster area I do and will continue to push my contacts to make sure that they are involved in the ongoing support of the BOR and all I am saying is that I hope that every genuine supporter is doing the same.

red arrow
29/10/2008, 6:51 PM
thanks for reply. keep getting the word out everything helps.
regards
red arrow

thesilverfox
29/10/2008, 10:35 PM
Taken from the main Transfer Rumours thread:

Bohs considering a number of centre-halves for next season, Gavin Peers being the most likely.

Anybody hear anything along these lines?

srfc1928
29/10/2008, 11:20 PM

The only signing on in Phibsboro will be the queue of bohs players at the dole office when the bank manager calls time on their over draft.

If Cook is here next season, then Peers will be here too.

You never know if things work out for us we could sign a couple of their players. I'd be more worried if i was a bohs fan.:p

Only1Rovers
30/10/2008, 8:07 AM
If Bohs want peers they can get their bolstering cheque book out! He's under contract with the most stable club in the league!

dublinred
30/10/2008, 10:55 AM

Wouldn't be too surprised if he does end up playing for Fenlon as he had a good look at him in the u23s , too early yet to know who fenlon will be managing next year probably pats or shams if bohs go tits up.

red_away
30/10/2008, 11:49 AM
He's under contract with the most stable club in the league!

I like this comment!!!

Now with the season nearly ended we will see which of all the big noises are the real deal???

Drogs????
Cork?????
Bohs?????

Dont know how shams will shape up and will kelleher continue to "sugar daddy" Pats?

What is derry's financial position?

Knappagh Red
30/10/2008, 6:21 PM
I

What is derry's financial position?

I heard that they would have been part-time next year only for the McCourt deal

sligoman
01/11/2008, 2:09 PM
Sligo are looking for Parky off us as are a few other clubs.

Word is, Cook has handed the Sligo board a list of players he wants for next season and the budget he requires, if he gets it then he will be staying there again next season.Parkhouse:D, one of the worst players I've seen this season.

Rovers fan
01/11/2008, 2:36 PM
Parkhouse:D, one of the worst players I've seen this season.

Really:confused:? He has scored more goals than any sligo rovers player this season.

Rovers1
01/11/2008, 2:39 PM
Parkhouse:D, one of the worst players I've seen this season.

....think sam_heggy is mixing up Halloween for April fools day. Parkhouse is a joke, hes overweight and turns like a boat. Not a chance

sligoman
01/11/2008, 2:54 PM
Really:confused:? He has scored more goals than any sligo rovers player this season.Must be class, sign him up so:rolleyes:. You'd expect a striker to score more(it's only since last night that he over took Boco btw) than any player on a team with no strikers.

No Finn Harps player from this season is good enough for Rovers, they're not even good enough for Harps.

Rovers fan
01/11/2008, 3:07 PM
Must be class

Never said that:rolleyes:. Just,to say he is one of the worst players in the league is stupid.

You'd expect a striker to score more(it's only since last night that he over took Boco btw) than any player on a team with no strikers

Only 5 strikers in the league have scored more goals than parkhouse and he is playing for a team that look like being relegated.

No Finn Harps player from this season is good enough for Rovers

I'll let cook be the judge of that,I'm sure he knows more about football than you!

Rovers1
01/11/2008, 3:10 PM
I'll let cook be the judge of that,I'm sure he knows more about football than you!

SLIGOMAN....KNOWS....ALL:mad:

sligoman
01/11/2008, 3:32 PM
Just,to say he is one of the worst players in the league is stupid.Where'd I say that?
Only 5 strikers in the league have scored more goals than parkhouse and he is playing for a team that look like being relegated.6 actually, doesn't mean he's good.
I'll let cook be the judge of that,I'm sure he knows more about football than you!I don't know tbh, he signed Jennings, I'd never have done that:p

Rovers fan
01/11/2008, 3:41 PM
Where'd I say that?

Funnily enough I knew you would come back with that:rolleyes:. You said'one of the worst players I've seen this season'. Now considering the players you have seen this season are in the league it's basically the same thing,unless you want to count the few 1st division games you've seen and if you think he's worse than that then you're just taking the p**s.

6 actually, doesn't mean he's good.

5 actually. No it doesn't necessarily mean he is good but goals are one of the main indicators as to how well a striker is doing,that's what they are there for.

sligoman
01/11/2008, 3:51 PM
Funnily enough I knew you would come back with that:rolleyes:. You said'one of the worst players I've seen this season'. Now considering the players you have seen this season are in the league it's basically the same thingIt means that anytime I've seen him play, he's been crap. Although in fairness, I'm struggling to name another striker in the PD who'd I'd without doubt be able to say is a worse player than Parkhouse.
5 actually.Parkhouse has 7 goals. Count how many players are there:

Dave Mooney 15
Mark Quigley 14
Mark Farren 11
Glen Crowe 9
Padraig Amond 8
Ryan Guy 8
-----------------
He's not going to be with us next season anyway imo so pointless argument.

Red&White Rover
01/11/2008, 4:00 PM
Parkhouse is type of front man we've lacked all season....Wouldn't at all say no to him coming.

Rovers fan
01/11/2008, 4:00 PM
It means that anytime I've seen him play, he's been crap. Although in fairness, I'm struggling to name another striker in the PD who'd I'd without doubt be able to say is a worse player than Parkhouse.

Look at it this way,where we have struugled at times this season is the fact that we have no target man. We have used steve feeney on occasions. He isn't suitable for this position and missed one sitter against bray. Imo parkhouse would be a way better option.

Ryan Guy 8.
Personally I'd call him a right winger,if you ever look at pats formation on t.v that's where he is. Anyway i suppose it is a bit of pointless arguement...

srfc1928
02/11/2008, 12:08 AM
Would'nt be surprised to see Parkhouse at Rovers next season.
I dont rate the guy much,
but if anyone could get the best out of him i'd say Cook and Carr could.
I doubt he would demand huge wages and we do need a target man.

Only1Rovers
04/11/2008, 2:06 PM
I've seen parkhouse twice against us. On both occassions he was very poor. Although before he came to Harps he was highly rated I think.

brianw82
09/11/2008, 2:46 AM
double post

brianw82
09/11/2008, 2:47 AM
A mad thought. I wonder if Joe Kendrick would be interested in moving west? We need a new left back due to Butler's injury, Joe's a quality player and he's surely considering his options with the situation in Drogheda at the moment.

MMVIII
09/11/2008, 4:55 PM
What do ye think of Davin O Neill for Cobh? Wouldnt be a bad signing, hes on form lately, doubt he'd be on high wages either.

sligofan4ever
09/11/2008, 6:19 PM
What do ye think of Davin O Neill for Cobh? Wouldnt be a bad signing, hes on form lately, doubt he'd be on high wages either.

If Cobh get relegated I reckon we should go for him.

sligoman
09/11/2008, 6:20 PM
Think we need to sort out our current players contracts before we start signing other clubs players.

sligofan4ever
09/11/2008, 6:30 PM
Think we need to sort out our current players contracts before we start signing other clubs players.

Is there any players signed up for next season ?.

I wonder if Cook's considering trying to sign Richie Ryan on a permanent deal, he's been impressive.

brianw82
09/11/2008, 6:49 PM

Good player, but to be honest, we are ok for nippy strikers at the moment (Boco, Raf), Parkhouse would be a better signing for us.

Rovers1
09/11/2008, 7:03 PM
Is there any players signed up for next season ?.

Boco, Brush, Peers, Ventre, Coleman...and one other, cant think who it is, Butler maybe??

sligofan4ever
09/11/2008, 7:08 PM
Boco, Brush, Peers, Ventre, Coleman...and one other, cant think who it is, Butler maybe??

Is that there current contracts or have they renewed them for next season ?

Rovers1
09/11/2008, 7:20 PM
Is that there current contracts or have they renewed them for next season ?

current..to be there for next season ;)

Only1Rovers
10/11/2008, 12:48 PM

Butler is signed up for next year, however I'd say they are looking for ways to relase him from his contract.

Rovers Maniac
10/11/2008, 12:49 PM
Butler is signed up for next year, however I'd say they are looking for ways to relase him from his contract.

What? If he can recover from his knee injury we will have imo the best left back in the league.

sligoman
10/11/2008, 12:59 PM
however I'd say they are looking for ways to relase him from his contract.Is that a complete guess or have you heard something to suggest it? If it's a guess then I'd safely say you're wrong.

Red&White Rover
10/11/2008, 1:00 PM

The club will stick by him.

Shedzer
10/11/2008, 4:54 PM
The club will stick by him.
If they do he is a luckly lad, not all clubs would

Wish he was playing Friday, he is quality and we miss him alot, but if it came to it i would understand if the club had to let him go

Only1Rovers
10/11/2008, 6:35 PM
Is that a complete guess or have you heard something to suggest it? If it's a guess then I'd safely say you're wrong.

Not a guess, do you think we can afford to have a "first team" player on the books for at least a year without kicking a ball and pay his wages?????

Were you not around when Rovers released five players to try and keep the club afloat in June/July???

It's simple. Sligo Rovers cannot afford to pay wages to someone who cannot play for the club when they could be putting the money towards a fit player. We need a right back and by all accounts Chris is out for at least 12 months, plus what sort of player will he be when he returns? He could return with the same form he had prior to the injury however, he may not....this is another gamble the club is taking on holding onto him.

The club must now be thinking about a replacement.

Sorry Sligoman, this is the reality of the situation.

I would love to think the club could find the means to keep Chris during his rehabilitation but it doesn't make sense.

brianw82
10/11/2008, 6:48 PM
Not a guess, do you think we can afford to have a "first team" player on the books for at least a year without kicking a ball and pay his wages?????

Were you not around when Rovers released five players to try and keep the club afloat in June/July???

It's simple. Sligo Rovers cannot afford to pay wages to someone who cannot play for the club when they could be putting the money towards a fit player. We need a right back and by all accounts Chris is out for at least 12 months, plus what sort of player will he be when he returns? He could return with the same form he had prior to the injury however, he may not....this is another gamble the club is taking on holding onto him.

I would love to think the club could find the means to keep Chris during his rehabilitation but it doesn't make sense.

I think the club would be going down a slippery legal slope if they got rid of Chris for being injured. You'd probably have cases of unfair dismissal, etc.

neutrino
10/11/2008, 6:54 PM

and i suppose you'd be ok with being sacked for being off work with a long term illness/injury ??

the right thing to do is to give the lad a chance to recover. he's on a contract and has proved himself a worthy player. there's no cause to sack a lad from his livelihood because he's injured. He's prob on a basic wage with appearance add ons etc So i doubt that basic figure is unmanageable. And anyway if the club did want him gone they'll have to pay up his contract in full, so what odds is it to keep him and get him back fit and playing again.

Of course it's not ideal for Rovers but the lad didn't and get injured on purpose, but right is right and i fully expect rovers to stand by chris