PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Rumours/Suggestions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

avvenalaf
08/01/2010, 4:50 PM
One of my neighbours, who's not really a big Rovers fan said he saw him in Mullen's at the petrol pump with a lad who used to play for Rovers. He couldn't tell me who the other lad was, he just recognised Faz.

Move house.

Boo_Boy
08/01/2010, 5:12 PM
G'wan Faz

http://dynimg.rte.ie/0000fae510dr.jpg

Great player, would love him back.

Smart too, he knows not to stop running because Foyzer really wants to eat him, not celebrate.

sligofan4ever
08/01/2010, 6:08 PM
G'wan Faz

http://dynimg.rte.ie/0000fae510dr.jpg

Great player, would love him back.

Smart too, he knows not to stop running because Foyzer really wants to eat him, not celebrate.

If you do a decent photoshop job, that would be a fitting image to a field of flowers, Faz and Foyzer skipping through the daisies, Foyzer having already eaten all the plants thinking they were scallions.

Faz might be the former player being rumoured, would be a good signing. I don't think sligoman is much of a fan of him though ?

dong
08/01/2010, 6:15 PM
Heard Faz is close to a return.

Cue financial ruin:)

Ah no, magic news if it happens.
We'll have to put our faith in the powers that be that the financial side of things are being kept in order.

sligorover
08/01/2010, 6:36 PM
I think it was Sligogirl:) who told me last week, was never a Faz fan, id support him if he signed, or thank Gookie if he dosent

So thats Murray and Faz that you don't rate? What league have you been watching for the last few years?

sligoman
08/01/2010, 6:49 PM
Hopefully Faz realises he's terrible at football and retires before we get him to sign the contract...

Well Red
08/01/2010, 7:47 PM
Fair play to Bohemians for putting a stop to Pat Fenlons transfer, who do Dundee United think they are coming in with Mickey Mouse compensation for Pat Fenlon. The guy had three years to go on his contract and they offer 100,000 Euro, British clubs have been getting away with this carry on for years and fair play to Bohemians for standing firm. In fairness to Pat Fenlon he has stated all along that if Bohemians were not satisfied with the deal then he would not be satisfied. It seems the line of succession will have to go back in to retirement for the moment.

harleyleeds
08/01/2010, 8:46 PM
plus no danger of them (bohs) looking for cooke either .

Peachey
08/01/2010, 9:29 PM
Where will he play?, with Almond and Blinkhorn up front and Turner and O'Grady in midfield, Faz is poor on the wing, I'd prefer if Cooke signed a good center-half

sligofan4ever
08/01/2010, 10:05 PM
Where will he play?, with Almond and Blinkhorn up front and Turner and O'Grady in midfield, Faz is poor on the wing, I'd prefer if Cooke signed a good center-half

2 in the space of 2 lines :D

gustavo
08/01/2010, 10:18 PM

No harm having 3 decent forwards

villarover
08/01/2010, 10:38 PM
What kind of terms has butler signed up to if he not in the official list of players that signed for next season on the rovers website?

avvenalaf
08/01/2010, 11:55 PM
Nothing to the Faz story. He was driving from Cork to Dundalk and got a skid outside Tullamore. He was on the Bundoran Road when the car stopped.

DonalE
09/01/2010, 1:29 PM
One of my neighbours, who's not really a big Rovers fan said he saw him in Mullen's at the petrol pump with a lad who used to play for Rovers. He couldn't tell me who the other lad was, he just recognised Faz.

Knappagh Red wants to know how many miles is it to your neighbours thatched cottage...

CarrickFan
09/01/2010, 1:35 PM
According to the Star today Faz is off to Germany for trials with a couple of clubs there..Dresden and somewhere else...

Rovers1
09/01/2010, 2:46 PM
Knappagh Red wants to know how many miles is it to your neighbours thatched cottage...

Approx. 3, 2 pubs along the way.

Does anyone know what the story is with Danny Keohane for next season? Has he left or is he one of the "yet to be signed" players??

Martinho II
09/01/2010, 7:17 PM
I think it was Sligogirl:) who told me last week, was never a Faz fan, id support him if he signed, or thank Gookie if he dosent

I heard we're after a certain ex-Town player who was with Galway last season :D

Mr Davoren right?? great player when he spent a half season in 2008 under Aaron Callaghan!

Peachey
09/01/2010, 8:36 PM
No harm having 3 decent forwards

No harm if we could afford it, I don't think we can afford to have a highly paid forward on the bench, wish we could

CF1989
09/01/2010, 11:04 PM
think keohane's going to be here. he was signed as a youth player last season id say, probably no different this year. wouldn't be on a weekly wage, just gets paid when in the squad, when he travels to away games and when he actually plays. correct me if im wrong

whiteagle
10/01/2010, 5:57 PM
true danny will be there next season , good talent could prove to be a good up and coming player ... i heard butler is on similiar contract pay as u play ..?

sligofan4ever
10/01/2010, 7:54 PM
With Connor now at GUFC, is Turner on his way out to the krusties?

Sure they can't even afford him by the looks of things.

CF1989
10/01/2010, 11:33 PM
was a rumour when he signed that his contract included a clause that said he could move if Connor took charge of another LOI club, im sure its not true

apo11o
11/01/2010, 10:17 AM
I heard a 18 yr old West Sligo lad was over in England for trials around Christmas time, he has never been involved with Sligo Rovers, I wonder if Rovers are missing out on local talent, while they bring in players from England (some good some not so good) could there be talent closer to home not being spotted.
Were there trials last year for U20?

sligofan4ever
11/01/2010, 2:23 PM
Steve Feeney, there's a player I haven't seen mentioned in a while. Will he be here next season ?

CF1989
11/01/2010, 3:42 PM
Feeney was still out with a hernia at the end of the season, didnt have an operation at that stage, havnt heard if he did or not yet

rovers100%
11/01/2010, 4:12 PM
has richie ryan had his long awaited surgery yet does anyone know ?

sligorover
11/01/2010, 6:12 PM
I heard a 18 yr old West Sligo lad was over in England for trials around Christmas time, he has never been involved with Sligo Rovers, I wonder if Rovers are missing out on local talent, while they bring in players from England (some good some not so good) could there be talent closer to home not being spotted.
Were there trials last year for U20?
No truth in that I'd say, sure west shligo is Gah country.

In all seriousness I've heard nothing about a player of that level in that age-group, Barry O'Mahoney (payed in the Setanta Cup for us) is probably the best prospect of that age around the county.

Dixie Dean
12/01/2010, 9:51 AM
He said he'd like to play under Connor but that he also likes Cook..... so I'd think he'd take us over playing with poor players and less money.

According to todays star Turner wants to go to Shamrock Rovers. If signed a contract with us they will have to pay a fee i imagine. This signing looks like been more hassle than its worth.

Shedzer
12/01/2010, 12:43 PM
It looks like Noctor is heading to Finn Harps...

avvenalaf
12/01/2010, 1:11 PM
According to todays star Turner wants to go to Shamrock Rovers. If signed a contract with us they will have to pay a fee i imagine. This signing looks like been more hassle than its worth.

Ah, well, if it's in The Star, he's gone.:D

gufct
12/01/2010, 3:04 PM
Chris Turner is in Galway today maybe checking out Supermacs like the 6 rovers fans that turned up there yesterday.

Only1Rovers
12/01/2010, 4:15 PM
chris turner is in galway today maybe checking out supermacs like the 6 rovers fans that turned up there yesterday.

????

Huh???

????

Mayo Red
12/01/2010, 4:30 PM
Thats lies...... I only counted 5

One was in the jacks!!

Roo69
12/01/2010, 6:23 PM
Almost sure Derek Foran has signed for Sligo. Great signing for you if true, one of the best young centre halfs in the country.

sligofan4ever
12/01/2010, 6:50 PM
Almost sure Derek Foran has signed for Sligo. Great signing for you if true, one of the best young centre halfs in the country.

You got it spot on with McCabe joining us, lets see if you can make it 2 out of 2 :D.

roversman
12/01/2010, 6:57 PM

i dont agree with you there i dont think hes any good
hope its not true if he was that good why has he not gone to a dublin club by now

avvenalaf
12/01/2010, 7:38 PM
hope its not true if he was that good why has he not gone to a dublin club by now

Because he knows how highly A Dolan rates him.

Captain2007
12/01/2010, 8:58 PM

He will go to whoever pays him the most, Shels & Fingal were both trying to sign him, very good centre half when fit, has a history of groin trouble, could hardly train with us and played a lot less games than we would have wished because of injury......however he has potential and he was brought on in 2nd half of game v Sligo when Raf was let run amok in the 1st half of game in the Carlisle last year and marked him out of the game in the 2nd half...definately Foran/Peers would be a decent combination.
Full Time would suit him especially with Gary up in Sligo also.

sligorover
12/01/2010, 9:31 PM
Gavin Peers hasn't gone to a Dublin club either and he is one of the best centre backs ever to play in the LOI.

Its hard to judge a centre back that your not watching on a week to week basis, which is why fans of other clubs will disagree with my statement about Peers. Although I don't know Foran too well I'd trust the opinions of the Bray fans on him.

Redie
13/01/2010, 9:15 AM
Gavin Peers hasn't gone to a Dublin club either and he is one of the best centre backs ever to play in the LOI.

Its hard to judge a centre back that your not watching on a week to week basis, which is why fans of other clubs will disagree with my statement about Peers. Although I don't know Foran too well I'd trust the opinions of the Bray fans on him.

That's not going to stop some of our fans trying to convince Cork people that Dan Murry is useless and Bray fans that Derek Foran is no good.:rolleyes:

Roo69
13/01/2010, 9:20 AM
You got it spot on with McCabe joining us, lets see if you can make it 2 out of 2 :D.

Confirmed signing for you ;) By the man himself.

And to the post above who thinks Foran is a bad player.... The lad is quality ! give him 3/4 years of playing in the League and he will be the best defender bar none, well that's if he is still playing in the League. Good move by him and a great signing by Sligo.

All the best for next season, defo be keeping an eye out for your results now that 2 of Bray's (well ex Bray now) best young talents have signed for you.

showgies
13/01/2010, 10:08 AM
Confirmed signing for you ;) By the man himself.

And to the post above who thinks Foran is a bad player.... The lad is quality ! give him 3/4 years of playing in the League and he will be the best defender bar none, well that's if he is still playing in the League. Good move by him and a great signing by Sligo.

All the best for next season, defo be keeping an eye out for your results now that 2 of Bray's (well ex Bray now) best young talents have signed for you.

Good signing IMO.

avvenalaf
14/01/2010, 12:26 AM
Rory, can you not modify your Google alert so that it only informs you of good news?. Like....
A Dolan welcomes Murray signing.

Rovers1
14/01/2010, 1:36 AM
rory, can you not modify your google alert so that it only informs you of good news?. Like....
A dolan welcomes murray singing.

el oh el.

CF1989
14/01/2010, 9:28 AM
tbh i never really seen him as anything more than an ok defender, but ive only seen him when hes played against us. didnt realise he was still so young so it could prove to be a very good addition. looking forward to seeing what he's like.

some good players arrived now over the last few weeks. nice to see it. i think Amond and Blinkhorn can prove to be a very good partnership

CF1989
14/01/2010, 2:41 PM
We signed Iarfoith Davoren from Galway United

sligofan4ever
14/01/2010, 3:04 PM
I'll expect Sligoman to come and correct your spelling any second now.

And if people can't spell Cook, I can't wait to see them attempt Iarfhlaith. :)

The UCD fans could spot it first. TBH if they can't spell Iarfhlaith they'll just try and find out the English for his first name or just a suitable nickname. Good back-up for Doyle on the left. Any confirmation that Foran has signed or not ?

Come to think of it never mind spelling it, I can't wait to here the certain people in the main stand have a go at him if they attempt to pronounce it :D

Boo_Boy
14/01/2010, 3:17 PM
We signed Iarfoith Davoren from Galway United

Feck ye Cookie. I can't say that.

Red4Eva
14/01/2010, 3:42 PM
Jim Davoren??

gufc2000
14/01/2010, 3:42 PM
Davoren is a good signing for ye, really impressed me last year at left-back. Disappointed to see him go