PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Rumours/Suggestions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

bigredtruck
12/08/2009, 9:21 PM
No loss. Played, what? 5 games?

any chance we could sneak butler into his suitcase?

CF1989
13/08/2009, 12:01 AM
never got a real run to be fair to him, when he did play well against pats and fingal he got injured the week after. could see him going back to harps maybe or to a norn iron team

sligored
13/08/2009, 8:16 AM
thanks for the memories parky...you will be sadly missed:p

Rovers1
13/08/2009, 12:02 PM
Have to feel sorry for the lad. He was brilliant against Pat's. Got his injury at the very worst time. Best of luck Stephen.

avvenalaf
13/08/2009, 12:21 PM
thanks for the memories parky...you will be sadly missed:p

Oh, sweet Jesus.

red arrow
29/08/2009, 11:28 AM
gunther goswallop is signjng on loan from everton next season as part of the s. coleman deal. i kid yee not!

MMVIII
29/08/2009, 5:33 PM
gunther goswallop is signjng on loan from everton next season as part of the s. coleman deal. i kid yee not!

CLASS. I'm sure there shall be a song or two about the chap with a name like that :D

roversman
29/08/2009, 7:45 PM
CLASS. I'm sure there shall be a song or two about the chap with a name like that :D

yea right

Well Red
29/08/2009, 8:03 PM
Thats great news, we are going to have a next season :)

sligofan4ever
29/08/2009, 8:35 PM
Were also signing his cousin's Chris codswallop and Barry Bullsh!t.

MMVIII
30/08/2009, 6:42 PM
Damn :o I need to read things properly at times.

Aaron
31/08/2009, 10:41 PM
Stephen Parkhouse signs for Institute

dong
31/08/2009, 11:23 PM
Hope it works out for him. Was unlucky in his time with Rovers as he got injured just as he seemed to be getting fit. He put in a couple of great performances against Fingal and Pats.

rovers100%
01/09/2009, 9:15 PM
where is mcgrath gone does anyone know and is morrison still with us

sligoman
01/09/2009, 10:25 PM
Stephen Parkhouse signs for InstituteHe joins ex-Rovers players Shaun Holmes & star striker Paul Brown;).

srfc1928
01/09/2009, 10:41 PM
He joins ex-Rovers players Shaun Holmes & star striker Paul Brown;).
fcuk, is brown still trying to play football

Fivesilver
02/09/2009, 6:49 AM
Who was the youngest player to play for Sligo Rovers.

Pretty sure Donal McDonagh hadn't turned 16 when he made his debut, before being 'lost' to a US sports scholarship. And then there was the kid (David O'Dowd?) who played in a friendly against Celtic. Anyone else old and crusty enough to remember them?

sligoman
02/09/2009, 12:35 PM
Did Holmes not sign for Coleraine?'Shaun Holmes, who is a left sided player, has today signed for Institute from Sligo Rovers. Shaun has been previously capped for Northern Ireland. More details will follow.'

http://www.stutefc.co.uk/

CF1989
02/09/2009, 1:27 PM
definatly going to one of their games when our season's over. go on holmesy

dublinred
02/09/2009, 1:55 PM
'Shaun Holmes, who is a left sided player, has today signed for Institute from Sligo Rovers. Shaun has been previously capped for Northern Ireland. More details will follow.'

http://www.stutefc.co.uk/

What sport did he get the "caps" for ?

CF1989
02/09/2009, 4:49 PM
What sport did he get the "caps" for ?

think he played cricket as a teenager

Acornvilla
28/09/2009, 10:57 PM
no he playes a game for the north i think

red bellied
12/10/2009, 6:57 PM
Rumour on Forza forum, Cook going to managerless Tranmere.

http://sligorovers.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=talk2&action=display&thread=924

Kevin L
12/10/2009, 8:37 PM
Tranmere signed a new manager today so unless he gets sacked tonight, I think Paul is out of the running for this one.
Either way Paul is our manager and will be around for a while yet.

sligofan4ever
07/11/2009, 4:50 PM
I know its a bit early to be bumping this thread up, but this is probably the most appropiate place to put this.

http://foot.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=127440

Read from post #20 onwards :D

sligofan4ever
07/11/2009, 5:29 PM
So with Derry's players pretty much all free agents now, any of them worth going for ? McGlynn,Deery and Higgins would be the first names to come to mind obviously. Then there could be some cover for our players like Martyn and a second stint here for David McDaid.

Rovers1
13/11/2009, 12:41 PM
Ours apparantely ????

SligoBrewer
13/11/2009, 12:58 PM
Could be the best off-season of all time....

Or the worst if you're our bank manager.

showgies
13/11/2009, 10:01 PM
I hear its looking good for McGlynn :)

Yeah, he has signed one of the contracts, one down!

dong
13/11/2009, 10:10 PM
Forgive my ignorance but how good is McGlynn? I've seen Derry twice this year and not sure if he played. None of them stood out to be honest.

showgies
13/11/2009, 10:14 PM
Forgive my ignorance but how good is McGlynn? I've seen Derry twice this year and not sure if he played. None of them stood out to be honest.

Didn't he score that cracker of an equalizer in the first game in the Brandywell, before Raf came up with the winner.

Rovers1
13/11/2009, 10:17 PM
Forgive my ignorance but how good is McGlynn?

Probably Derry's most talented player. A big step forward for us.

dong
13/11/2009, 10:19 PM
Scored a good goal the first time we bet them in the Brandywell this season

Was at that game. Only remember Rafs goal to be honest now!:o
Good signing so ye reckon?

RoversInn
13/11/2009, 10:23 PM
Say NO to N'do!

CF1989
13/11/2009, 11:16 PM
seems to be gone dead :(

Shedzer
13/11/2009, 11:19 PM
Can anyone comfirm who we may be signing or has signed along with turner??

CF1989
13/11/2009, 11:25 PM
not the only ones either....

Da Real Rover
13/11/2009, 11:33 PM
not the only ones either....
Who else?

SligoBrewer
14/11/2009, 12:07 AM
Boco is one allegedly.

Anyways, as far as I care, before we go buying anyone else the club should do what it should have done months ago and get Peers, Boco, Brush, Raf and Keane on contracts. These are the five players who are good enough for any team in the league imo. Before bringing in journeymen like N'do et al, get these five down and their colours nailed to the Bit O'Red mast for next year.

But then again, I'm not Paul Cook or on the MC, I don't know what wages they are after. So, feicfear. They've done a good enough job in getting Turner and going around N'do, two top quality players, so I have no complaints in that regard. But everything must be done to get the players who have shown they they'll give 100% week in-week out for us signed next year.

RoversInn
14/11/2009, 10:53 AM
Is Tadgh Purcell still clubless? Seems a decent player that wouldn't be on too much wages wise.

bingoballs
14/11/2009, 11:22 AM
If Gavin Peers could use his left foot he wouldn't be playin in the LOI

Only1Rovers
15/11/2009, 9:28 PM
Rumours on the srfcultras forum that peersie and raf are heading to bohs:(

Is this on the members board area?

sligoman
15/11/2009, 9:48 PM
Is this on the members board area?http://www.srfcultrasforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=213157&postcount=333

mint sauce
16/11/2009, 8:12 PM
any more word or confirmation on joey endo

whiteagle
17/11/2009, 12:27 AM

I think people are getting carried away with the transfer suggestions .. ndo wont be coming to Sligo Rovers i know that , because clubs like derry are gone cork are in trouble every player out there is going to to attached to Sligo because they are a good decent club whos wages are paid every week and financially look stable..

As regards the current squad , theres a number players id ship out as soon as the final is over .. Rob Turner , Dean Marshall , Dara Meenan , Camano, steve feeney . simply not good enough .. Richie Ryan is a quality player i think he is brilliant but hes slowed down with these injuries with his hips and with turner after coming in shud move on to... Thats a start , i dont know what ppl think about this but im sure ppl will av mixed views but i think if we get an offer for Boco we shud let him off , he quality but again hes an expensive right back , we could buy 2 excellent players for his wages ...

I hope Peers stays he would be a huge loss and its obvious that Raf wants to leave b/c of money , i understand his case its his livelihood but he cant hold the club to ransom either..

Last point , there will be alot of players out there looking for clubs especially in the new year so i think rovers shud hold tight and sign the pick of them.. Having only 3 signed at the min leaves srfc in its strongest position its ever been in years.. wud u agree

SligoBrewer
17/11/2009, 12:39 AM
I think people are getting carried away with the transfer suggestions .. ndo wont be coming to Sligo Rovers i know that , because clubs like derry are gone cork are in trouble every player out there is going to to attached to Sligo because they are a good decent club whos wages are paid every week and financially look stable..

As regards the current squad , theres a number players id ship out as soon as the final is over .. Rob Turner , Dean Marshall , Dara Meenan , Camano, steve feeney . simply not good enough .. Richie Ryan is a quality player i think he is brilliant but hes slowed down with these injuries with his hips and with turner after coming in shud move on to... Thats a start , i dont know what ppl think about this but im sure ppl will av mixed views but i think if we get an offer for Boco we shud let him off , he quality but again hes an expensive right back , we could buy 2 excellent players for his wages ...

I hope Peers stays he would be a huge loss and its obvious that Raf wants to leave b/c of money , i understand his case its his livelihood but he cant hold the club to ransom either..

Last point , there will be alot of players out there looking for clubs especially in the new year so i think rovers shud hold tight and sign the pick of them.. Having only 3 signed at the min leaves srfc in its strongest position its ever been in years.. wud u agree

I'd keep Marshall, the lad has got talent and the will to make it happen on the pitch. What more could you want?

Boco is expensive, but again, he's a top quality player. Sure he's an expensive right back, but he can slot in anywhere, from attack to midfield to defence. He just knows football, simple as and as any Sligo Rovers fan should know after this season, versatility is a major asset for any player to have.

I'm a bit meh over N'do. If he comes, it'll be on huge wages, and he'll play in bits and bobs even if it is a pay for play as he was on at Bohs. N'do, meh.

Sorry for being pedantic, but it's N'do. Three letters and an apostrophe. It's not hard. Either is spelling Cook, Connor or any other person associated with the Bit O'Red, with the sole exception of Gabbiadini.

hodgie
17/11/2009, 12:12 PM
Richie Ryan is a quality player

Agree 100%, gets alot of unwaranted abuse from some "fans" i think he's quality. has had a tough time wit injuries but is one of the best passers in the league. simple but very effective.

Da Real Rover
17/11/2009, 4:14 PM
Richie Ryan is a quality player

Agree 100%, gets alot of unwaranted abuse from some "fans" i think he's quality. has had a tough time wit injuries but is one of the best passers in the league. simple but very effective.
Haha aye the best passer to the full backs ive ever seen.
Real incision there with constantly passing back, makes the opposition quake with fear and he does seem to be sniffing around a bit too much, you would think he could hoover up the ball a bit more.

Rovers1
17/11/2009, 4:20 PM

Agreed. Hopefully he gets his hip sorted pre-season and we see the Richie of last season back.

sligofan4ever
17/11/2009, 5:11 PM

Would agree with you on players leaving the club bar Marshall and possibly Meenan. Marshall is only about 19 and has been very good for his age, hes netted 5 goals in about 10-12 games, avery good goalscoring record for a winger of his age. Hes very talented and could be our long term solution for right midfield. Meenan needs more time, he dosent look too bad a player and is decent cover for our midfielders.