PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Rumours/Suggestions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

Da Real Rover
17/11/2009, 6:31 PM
There always has to be a scapegoat. Once holmes and parkhouse were gone, and with morrison injured (and showing flashes of brillance), the baton was passed to ritchie.
I love Morrison and granted Holmes was a joke but at least he tried and Parkhouse always had potential.
Ryan has been a farce this season, its the truth.
And as for fans abusing him well boo hoo, hes been shocking like, he doesnt warrant a zero criticism stance because if it wasnt his complete lack lustre and average performances its his very unprofessional activities outside the club.
He hasnt all of a sudden assumed the mantle of complete sh!tness for me, he has been pure cak all season and ive always said that. We dont need a scapegoat because we are flying at the minute but it still doesnt compensate for Ryans mediocrity.

Red4Eva
17/11/2009, 6:44 PM
Richie's season was supposed to be over in June becuase he needed a hip operation. It was decided that he would play through the pain for the rest of the season and have the operation after the season. He could barely train for a while. Richie was excellent last year and spent most of that being played out of position and he didn't complain. He could play a huge part in us winning on Sunday so why not just get behind him and the rest of the players

Da Real Rover
17/11/2009, 8:38 PM
That is crazy, I dont understand why you say he is a farce? He is one of our most gifted players, Morrison is the the same but both havent been playing as good as they can, why pick out Ryan?
Ok ill go into detail on who he is so ****.
He makes no passes over 10 feet.
He only slickly passes backwards to our fullbacks or centrebacks or maybe to the side.
He never makes incision passes forward or any signifcant through balls to warrant his inclusion.
He is just an emabrresment when "attempting" to tackle, talk about putting in the motions.
His forward runs arent really forward runs are they? More like running, coming into a defender and then passing the ball back to our defence, groundbreaking.

As for Morrison.
He beats players, he has a brillaint range of passing, he works now and again and when he tackles he at least trys and has got a sweet strike. Hes got real quality and adds such incision to our team that Ryan can only dream of.

Rovers1
17/11/2009, 8:44 PM
I would put Richie streets ahead of Morrison as far as work rate is concerned.

Da Real Rover
17/11/2009, 8:48 PM
I would put Richie streets ahead of Morrison as far as work rate is concerned.
Hahaha, quality.
How exactly does Ryan work?

Rovers1
17/11/2009, 8:57 PM
Hahaha, quality.
How exactly does Ryan work?

I just think (and i've told you this) it's very unfair to comment on Richie when he's playing through the pain barrier with a dodgy hip to play for Rovers. I think next season when we see him ,(hopefully he'll still be here) we'll see the Richie of last season. He was brilliant for us, if he wasn't there we probably wouldn't have finished where we did.

Da Real Rover
17/11/2009, 9:48 PM
I just think (and i've told you this) it's very unfair to comment on Richie when he's playing through the pain barrier with a dodgy hip to play for Rovers. I think next season when we see him ,(hopefully he'll still be here) we'll see the Richie of last season. He was brilliant for us, if he wasn't there we probably wouldn't have finished where we did.
So you think the way he conducts himself off the pitch is conducive to overcoming his terrible affliction?

Rovers1
17/11/2009, 10:10 PM
So you think the way he conducts himself off the pitch is conducive to overcoming his terrible affliction?

I don't know anything about his personal life. I've heard stories, be them true or untrue. This is no place to discuss them anyway.

Brian Boru
17/11/2009, 10:11 PM
Richie Ryan is a very good player. See the difference when he came on in second half versus Waterford. It wasn't just Morrison that turned the tide. Also he was involved with Raf's equalizer way back in early summer versus Cork in the cup. He retains possession. He keeps it simple; keeps us ticking over. He doesn't give the ball away. Ya cannot make killer passes everytime. He'll be starting on Sunday.

whiteagle
17/11/2009, 10:20 PM
I agree maybe that meenan and marshall could stay but on low wages , they can only improve and could be cover but are they up to the standard for a season next year that well be hopefully trying to challenge for more trophies...

I still think boco is an expensive right back does he justify the wage he is on, ppl say versatile but he didnt perform in center midfield a couple of weeks back .. i do believe there are going to be many top players looking for clubs .. why cant we get a decent right back and with the other half get another strong midfielder in or striker .. if boco gets injured / away on international duty we dnt av d cover but we do if we have 2 players for the price of his one ..

If there are players that want to go let them off .. certain players cant control the club and the club has to move forward , we dont want players that dont want to be here its only going to cause aggravation in the camp ..

???
Will butler be back ? i hope he will finally show the talent he had b4 he got injured

Redie
18/11/2009, 9:18 AM
Who indeed?

He makes no passes over 10 feet.Factually incorrect and could be easily proven to be so.

He only slickly passes backwards to our fullbacks or centrebacks or maybe to the side.
He never makes incision passes forward or any signifcant through balls to warrant his inclusion.
Wow! And I thought a pass was just a pass. You must agree he makes incision passes backwards.

He is just an emabrresment when "attempting" to tackle, talk about putting in the motions.Embarrassing for sure.

His forward runs arent really forward runs are they? More like running,Again there was me thinking running was just running.

coming into a defender and then passing the ball back to our defence, groundbreaking.
Well those passes must be more that 10 feet to get from their defence to ours.

showgies
18/11/2009, 10:04 AM
He makes no passes over 10 feet.
He is just an emabrresment when "attempting" to tackle, talk about putting in the motions.
His forward runs arent really forward runs are they? More like running, coming into a defender and then passing the ball back to our defence, groundbreaking.

There are those of us who go to the football and watch the match and there are those who just go to the football.

CF1989
18/11/2009, 11:32 AM
i think you have to play the game to appreciate how good he can be

Shedzer
19/11/2009, 9:24 PM
Ritchie Ryan is cronic bad, its absolutely unbelievable how average a player he is yet recieves praise from 'the click' of know it all 'know nothing' fans that stay together like a pack of wolves but between them its easy to tell they havent played 90 minutes.

Iv gone into it before as to why Ryan is a calamity, its obvious that his passing abilities are muck and his role as a midfielder is void when we have to resort to playing 2 ball winners in the centre to help save our season. Off the pitch he needed to get his act together and didnt.

Why hold back on critism?

Terrible player, good luck to him in the transfer window

Rovers1
19/11/2009, 9:35 PM
he is yet recieves praise from 'the click' of know it all 'know nothing' fans that stay together like a pack of wolves but between them its easy to tell they havent played 90 minutes.

Who's in this "click"??

sligo23
19/11/2009, 9:40 PM
Who's in this "click"??
Adam Sandler was the lead, Kate Beckinsale and Christopher Walken were in to too. It wasn't great tbh.

Redie
20/11/2009, 8:40 AM
Ritchie Ryan is cronic bad, its absolutely unbelievable how average a player he is yet recieves praise from 'the click' of know it all 'know nothing' fans that stay together like a pack of wolves but between them its easy to tell they havent played 90 minutes.

Iv gone into it before as to why Ryan is a calamity, its obvious that his passing abilities are muck and his role as a midfielder is void when we have to resort to playing 2 ball winners in the centre to help save our season. Off the pitch he needed to get his act together and didnt.

Why hold back on critism?

Terrible player, good luck to him in the transfer window

Maybe the same reason many of us hold back on criticism of bad spelling, grammar, punctuation and misuse of words.:rolleyes:

rovers100%
21/11/2009, 7:41 PM
well by next season he will have had his hip injury sorted and we will know is that why he was poor this year. i for one hope he improves as he has had no luck injury wise in his career but i honestly just think he is too slow and limited. i have to agree that he only passes backwards and is cronic slow and does not tackle. hopefully next year he will prove me wrong as the more better players the club has is only a good thing.

Guts&Glory
21/11/2009, 8:43 PM
I agree maybe that meenan and marshall could stay but on low wages , they can only improve and could be cover but are they up to the standard for a season next year that well be hopefully trying to challenge for more trophies...

I still think boco is an expensive right back does he justify the wage he is on, ppl say versatile but he didnt perform in center midfield a couple of weeks back .. i do believe there are going to be many top players looking for clubs .. why cant we get a decent right back and with the other half get another strong midfielder in or striker .. if boco gets injured / away on international duty we dnt av d cover but we do if we have 2 players for the price of his one ..

If there are players that want to go let them off .. certain players cant control the club and the club has to move forward , we dont want players that dont want to be here its only going to cause aggravation in the camp ..

???
Will butler be back ? i hope he will finally show the talent he had b4 he got injured

You couldn't reduce Marshall or Meenan wages anymore without them playing for free, they are two of the lowest paid players in the squad along with Eoin Doyle.

Shedzer
22/11/2009, 11:28 PM
Richie Ryan is a very good player. See the difference when he came on in second half versus Waterford. He retains possession. He keeps it simple; keeps us ticking over. He doesn't give the ball away. Ya cannot make killer passes everytime. He'll be starting on Sunday.
As i stated before, he is muck and not at a starting players standar. All your post was proven false, again, today

Maybe the same reason many of us hold back on criticism of bad spelling, grammar, punctuation and misuse of words
Mighty post there, put to bed the issue at hand to bed and you were really constructive, well done, you really are the Stephen Fry of the forum. I left out the letters 'ic'..sorry, left them out because 'ic' the bigger picture in relation to the said topic, unlike others.

Shiba
22/11/2009, 11:33 PM
As i stated before, he is muck and not at a starting players standar. All your post was proven false, again, today

Mighty post there, put to bed the issue at hand to bed and you were really constructive, well done, you really are the Stephen Fry of the forum. I left out the letters 'ic'..sorry, left them out because 'ic' the bigger picture in relation to the said topic, unlike others.

Hate been over critical of players and that some of the comments on here were overly critical of Ritchie Ryan but Im afraid after his performanance today Im afraid I have to be of the same opinion he is not good enough.He was extremely poor today.

RoversInn
23/11/2009, 8:42 AM
Worst player at the club

Brian Boru
23/11/2009, 9:24 AM

I still think hes a good player. But you have a point. If Conor was playing instead of him yesterday we would have won. Chris Turner will be a great addition to the midfield for next year.

dong
23/11/2009, 11:17 AM
Ryan was the same yesterday as he has been any game he played for us this season. Absolute muck in every department. The sooner he is shipped out the better. He is a waste of space and anybody can see that, whether they kicked a ball in their lives or not.
We do need a proper centre half I think if at all possible. Keane tries hard but he is liable to make one mistake that costs us in every game.

Strawberry
23/11/2009, 11:28 AM
http://www.eleven-a-side.com/sligorovers/news.asp?n=37629 :(
i guess we knew it was coming.

rovers100%
23/11/2009, 4:47 PM
ay word on mcglynn signing, cook told me last week they were very deep in talks and looked good. no word since. i wonder with budget so tight next year will ther be many more big signings. turner is a step in the right direction

Shiba
23/11/2009, 5:55 PM
ay word on mcglynn signing, cook told me last week they were very deep in talks and looked good. no word since. i wonder with budget so tight next year will ther be many more big signings. turner is a step in the right direction

Alot of talk round about budget! Too be honest I cant see the commitee making a decision on the budget on when we win the cup and when we get into europe basis that wont be guaranteed.Yes us failing to do either will have an affect on it but Im sure that when signing Turner both sides of the fence was considered.So far Raff and Boco are rumoured to be going but we knew that before the Final.So its not a surprise.Boco was our highest earner and Raff well he is looking to go to a "BIGGER CLUB":rolleyes: But as already said the grass isnt always greener.Good luck to him do he done the business for us.
If we want to compete next year we know we are not good enough at the moment so we need changes so if players dont want to play for us let them go and get in people who do.

Shiba
23/11/2009, 5:57 PM
Id like to thank Kendrick and Cash for their time here but il really like to see them go. Dont know about Morrision, best player in the league last season but has shown that once or twice this season

I thought Kendrick was poor since signing and Cash tries but are not good enough for premier top 3/4 where we should be sitting.

SligoBrewer
23/11/2009, 5:59 PM
Cash has played himself into a new contract tbh.

Shiba
23/11/2009, 6:02 PM
Cash has played himself into a new contract tbh.

I think Kendrick will be here too,tbh. But I think he would want to look at himself cause he aint giving a 100%.

Shedzer
23/11/2009, 6:05 PM
Cash .
Not near good enough.

CarrickFan
23/11/2009, 6:17 PM
I would keep Morrison...would love to see the club sign Doyle also..think he has been great since he came to the us..Kendrick and Cash being mentioned alot as being surplus to requirements..add Ventre to that unless we keep him as a back up full back.

sligoman
23/11/2009, 6:18 PM
would love to see the club sign Doyle also..think he has been great since he came to the usYou do realise Doyle was signed by the club? It wasn't a loan deal...just his contract is up now.

bingoballs
23/11/2009, 6:29 PM
http://www.eleven-a-side.com/sligorovers/news.asp?n=37629 :(
i guess we knew it was coming.
He kept us up this season and we owe him for that. I can't see him being as prolific as he was this season but he's entitled to give it a go and I wish him the best of luck with it assuming he is gone. He will always be the tubercurry tornado though;)

Shiba
23/11/2009, 6:30 PM
I would keep Morrison...would love to see the club sign Doyle also..think he has been great since he came to the us..Kendrick and Cash being mentioned alot as being surplus to requirements..add Ventre to that unless we keep him as a back up full back.

Not a fan of Ventre gives away the ball too much, imo!

CarrickFan
23/11/2009, 6:34 PM
You do realise Doyle was signed by the club? It wasn't a loan deal...just his contract is up now.

sorry..i thought it was a loan deal for some reason....well i hope they give him another contract then:)...certainly earned it.

RoversInn
23/11/2009, 6:37 PM
Get rid of Ryan, Cash and Kendrick.

A midfield next season consiting of
Morrision/Marshall - O'Grady - Turner - Doyler will do me fine.
If Raff goes, Get Tagdh Purcell in, Good striker on a free. If Butler can get back to his best next season it would also be a huge help.

I hope we would get more strength in depth this season, Because if we improve in left back and midfield which we have already started, Our best 11 isn't far away from Shamrock Rovers/Cork City's.

sligofan4ever
23/11/2009, 6:40 PM
Get rid of Ryan, Cash and Kendrick.

A midfield next season consiting of
Morrision/Marshall - O'Grady - Turner - Doyler will do me fine.
If Raff goes, Get Tagdh Purcell in, Good striker on a free. If Butler can get back to his best next season it would also be a huge help.

I hope we would get more strength in depth this season, Because if we improve in left back and midfield which we have already started, Our best 11 isn't far away from Shamrock Rovers/Cork City's.

To replace Raff ? jaysus how i'm glad your not Rovers' manager :rolleyes:

RoversInn
23/11/2009, 6:42 PM
The only player in the League who would replace Raff is Gary Twigg and I doubt we'll sign him.

sligofan4ever
23/11/2009, 6:49 PM
The only player in the League who would replace Raff is Gary Twigg and I doubt we'll sign him.

Who knows, Cook may bring in a quality striker from England. Hes done it with Blinkhorn,Boco and Ventre, whos to say it won't work again ?

SligoBrewer
23/11/2009, 6:58 PM
Who knows, Cook may bring in a quality striker from England. Hes done it with Blinkhorn,Boco and Ventre, whos to say it won't work again ?

Almeida wasn't half bad either when he was arsed.

sligofan4ever
23/11/2009, 6:59 PM
Almeida wasn't half bad either when he was arsed.

Forgot about Almeida :o

CarrickFan
23/11/2009, 7:21 PM

would agree with two of those..hope he can root out another gem somewhere.

Shedzer
23/11/2009, 8:41 PM
Id take a chance with Mark Farren, hope he gets well soon and he would need a club. Id at least know how to play off Blinkhorn rather than be 20 yards away from him...

srfc1928
23/11/2009, 9:39 PM
i think its a bit soon after the cup final to be critical of any individual player.
Every player went out yesterday and gave everything for us.
We were 7 minutes away from dreamland, and we'd all be down in Quay St. tonight singing our heads off.

But saying that its time to get ruthless.
Some players will want to leave, so good luck to them if they dont want to play for us.
We'll still be here in another 81 years when they are long forgotten. Others are surplus to requirements or gone by their best before date, good luck to them too. Its a buyers market and I hope Cookie gets most of the player he wants.

I have never felt as low after a game as I did yesterday and still do, but at the same time it just galvanises my love for the club.
If we go about our business in the right way we'll come back stronger.
As a club we have huge potential if we can get a bit more consistency.
Keep the faith.

RoversInn
24/11/2009, 12:43 PM
Shane Robinson anyone?

sligofan4ever
24/11/2009, 12:46 PM
Shane Robinson anyone?

Wait and see how the rumoured negotiations with Gareth McGlynn go first ;)

d rovers
24/11/2009, 12:51 PM
Shane Robinson anyone?

thanks but no thanks - i've always hated that little gimp!

SligoBrewer
25/11/2009, 10:27 AM
Brush, Keane, Ventre and Butler are all on the PFAI Transfer List. (http://www.pfai.ie/transfer-list)

WTF! This is ****ing crazy.

rovers100%
25/11/2009, 10:39 AM
cant see cook letting ventre goes as he loves him, mccabe and cronin be good signings off there. butler i wouldnt mind letting go as dont see him getting back to the player he once was. brush would be a mistake as he is a good keeper, keane is a good utility player but he has a tendancy make one big error each game but i would still like him to stay. maybe we have to let these go to keep peers , boco and raf. if thats the case its survival of the fittest. whatever happens we need boco and peers and raf if his mind is not already made up to leave