PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Rumours/Suggestions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

RedRebel32
30/11/2008, 2:41 PM
Is there any update on Coleman since he was linked to Celtic ?.

Doe's anyone think we should try and sign Davin O' Neill from Cobh ? he's a very good striker, he scored 8 goals for Cobh this season and i'm sure he'd love more premier league football.

ya hes a good player,wouldnt mind someone like him but we also need a tall forward

gufct
30/11/2008, 5:16 PM
Im not on here to wind anyone up lads but are ye living in the real world. Rumors coming out of all clubs is cutbacks of anything between 30% to 50% minimum and ye are talking of signing 5 to 6 players.

We have slashed our budget going nearly completely part time with contract based on appearence & big bonuses with very small basic wages. We reckon we could lose 5/6 players and be mainly locally based.

How are Sligo going to finance the expenditure ye are talking about here.We already have 3 sponsorship deals done plus a very exciting teamwear deal with Elverys and are selling season tickets already at much reduced prices http://www.galwayunitedfc.ie/tickets-travel/building-belief---season-tickets-09.htmlh .

We also hope to finalise Jay O'Sheas transfer to Derby this week but are still only going to have a playing Budget of less than €350k for this season.

srfc1928
30/11/2008, 6:19 PM
Im not on here to wind anyone up lads but are ye living in the real world. Rumors coming out of all clubs is cutbacks of anything between 30% to 50% minimum and ye are talking of signing 5 to 6 players.

We have slashed our budget going nearly completely part time with contract based on appearence & big bonuses with very small basic wages. We reckon we could lose 5/6 players and be mainly locally based.

How are Sligo going to finance the expenditure ye are talking about here.We already have 3 sponsorship deals done plus a very exciting teamwear deal with Elverys and are selling season tickets already at much reduced prices http://www.galwayunitedfc.ie/tickets-travel/building-belief---season-tickets-09.htmlh .

We also hope to finalise Jay O'Sheas transfer to Derby this week but are still only going to have a playing Budget of less than €350k for this season.
Thanks for the concern you are showing towards our club.
And also a big thank you for the update on the galway fiancial situation.
We'll be fine dont worry about us.

(Most of the O'Shea money will go towards servicing debt, no?)

srfc1928
30/11/2008, 6:48 PM
We already have 3 sponsorship deals done plus a very exciting teamwear deal with Elverys and are selling season tickets already at much reduced prices
In fairness the merchandise and the season tickets deals look good.

dong
30/11/2008, 8:34 PM

Have to say I would agree with this. We would be doing well to hold on to the spine of our team. The notion of sustaining anything more than this in terms of getting in some "big names" and paying big wages is unrealistic. Does European competition really yield much cash for a LoI club?

Just have to hope that fringe players can step up to the plate when needed next season with the extra games in store.And hope that Cook stays on to consolidate his reputation. That, with a bit of luck could see us challenge for fourth spot again and hopefully a decent cup run.

sligofan4ever
30/11/2008, 8:37 PM
Have to say I would agree with this. We would be doing well to hold on to the spine of our team. The notion of sustaining anything more than this in terms of getting in some "big names" and paying big wages is unrealistic. Does European competition really yield much cash for a LoI club?

Just have to hope that fringe players can step up to the plate when needed next season with the extra games in store.And hope that Cook stays on to consolidate his reputation. That, with a bit of luck could see us challenge for fourth spot again and hopefully a decent cup run.

Not too sure, but since this is our first time in European football in 12 years, i'm sure we will do well on the gate.

srfc1928
30/11/2008, 9:55 PM
Have to say I would agree with this. We would be doing well to hold on to the spine of our team.
We will

The notion of sustaining anything more than this in terms of getting in some "big names" and paying big wages is unrealistic.
When have Rovers ever signed "big name players" Its not our style

Does European competition really yield much cash for a LoI club?.
Depends

The board will not be spending money thats not there.
the budget altough not finalised seems decent in the current climate

red_away
01/12/2008, 9:35 AM
We may lose 1 or 2 players but hopefully hold onto the rest!!

We would hope to have a better income this year than last year and so would do well to bring in 2 or 3 QUALITY additions to the squad, no major extra outlay and finish the season with 3 but probably 2 trophies (i reckon we will have to make do with winning the league and the setanta cup as i doubt we will go all the way in the EUROPA cup but quarters at least) and in a financial break even situation!

dublinred
01/12/2008, 5:01 PM
Liam Burns and a few other bohs players are free agents at the moment as bohs unlikely to be in a position to offer new contracts , would be a good signing as we lack cover for Mauro and Peers.

Only1Rovers
01/12/2008, 5:37 PM
If Drog's go to the wall will we be left short of money we're owed for Faz?

Inside Man
01/12/2008, 10:20 PM

Your spot on buddy. Talk on here of bringing in 5/6 more players is laughable.
But with some of the people now involved in the running of the club i wouldn't be surprised.

We would hope to have a better income this year than last year
Do you need a history lesson? Last year we raised 130k trying to save the club and break even, we even sold faz for 20k. And we just about break even.
Now. Take that away next year! add 2/3 players to our wage bill, add massively reduced sponsorship money & dwindling attendances from the recession... and what do you get?
Even taking into account extra cup games & setanta next year the club would be heading into the red.

The only way the club can bring in players and expand the budget is by the setting up of permanent fundraisers. No once off draws every year. A Weekly source of income. EG. The Johnny Chadda Fund, 1,000 fans drive.

If Drog's go to the wall will we be left short of money we're owed for Faz?
We are not owed any money from the sale of Faz. FACT.

Also just to add:
Parkhouse and Morrison deals being finalised.

dong
01/12/2008, 10:29 PM
But with some of the people now involved in the running of the club i wouldn't be surprised.

Do you need a history lesson? Last year we raised 130k trying to save the club and break even, we even sold faz for 20k. And we just about break even.
Now. Take that away next year! add 2/3 players to our wage bill, add massively reduced sponsorship money & dwindling attendances from the recession... and what do you get?
Even taking into account extra cup games & setanta next year the club would be heading into the red.

The only way the club can bring in players and expand the budget is by the setting up of permanent fundraisers. No once off draws every year. A Weekly source of income. EG. The Johnny Chadda Fund, 1,000 fans drive.

Also just to add:

Well said. I don't think that the recession will damage attendances too much though. Crowds in the late eighties and early nineties were probably better than now. Hopefully if peope can't afford to go to Old Trafford and Anfield, maybe they'll get off their holes and support their local team.
Maybe I'm totally naive about it though

D Brannigan
01/12/2008, 10:43 PM

Also just to add:

Dont know where you are getting your information from but some of it you might try keeping to yourself.S R F C are still owed money from the sale of FAZ.FACT!!!!

mrtndvn
02/12/2008, 5:31 AM
Howya lads.

Now i'm not sure why you know about Owen Morrison. Him and Kenny didnt get on, I heard he wasnt respecting Kenny, being late to training etc.

On the field, he was better than McCourt. He was our second top league scorer last year even tho he only played for one third of the season. The man is sheer class. Last year Roddy Collins said that him and McCourt were the leagues two best players and he was right.

I was disappointed with Kenny as to how he handled Owen, i still dont think that Kenny can manage an ego yet. Than said, if you have a quick look at the guys history, Kenny isnt the 1st manager he has falling out with, so maybe he really was unworkable.

Whats the craic with McDaid? Ready for first team football yet? I was impressed by him two years ago when we made a few starts for ourselves.

Rovers Maniac
02/12/2008, 10:29 AM
Howya lads.

Now i'm not sure why you know about Owen Morrison. Him and Kenny didnt get on, I heard he wasnt respecting Kenny, being late to training etc.

On the field, he was better than McCourt. He was our second top league scorer last year even tho he only played for one third of the season. The man is sheer class. Last year Roddy Collins said that him and McCourt were the leagues two best players and he was right.

I was disappointed with Kenny as to how he handled Owen, i still dont think that Kenny can manage an ego yet. Than said, if you have a quick look at the guys history, Kenny isnt the 1st manager he has falling out with, so maybe he really was unworkable.

Whats the craic with McDaid? Ready for first team football yet? I was impressed by him two years ago when we made a few starts for ourselves.

Hopefully we can land him but he sounds a little difficult to deal with. McDaid, thats a good question he is still very young but i think he is a footballer and had an excellent attitude. Without being too big headed i would say the spell he had with us will have brought him on big time, i hope the lad does well for himself.

red bellied
02/12/2008, 12:41 PM
Cretaro has re-signed according to the Weekender.

sligored
02/12/2008, 2:32 PM
Cretaro has resigned according to the Weekender.

i assume that means signed for another year rb. not resigned from the club.

red bellied
02/12/2008, 2:39 PM
i assume that means signed for another year rb. not resigned from the club.

That could lead to confusion, fixed it

Ash
02/12/2008, 2:53 PM
The money Faz will supposedly be getting there, I'd be laughing if I was him too...

Im sure he was laughing about the money he was supposed to get from Drogs too ...

Rory H
02/12/2008, 3:41 PM
Very slow in the market unsurprisingly. All of Drogs' players up for grabs and several Bohs now ( JP Kelly and Burns amongst) available on a free.

avvenalaf
02/12/2008, 4:31 PM
Burns and JP will be going to Athlone to follow the great leader, Sean Connor, when he takes over at the 'big' club. As long as they 'match his ambitions'.

sligoman
02/12/2008, 6:39 PM
Cook has got his man (http://www.irishfootienetwork.com/viewtopic.php?t=11866&start=0) by the sounds of it.

Rovers Maniac
02/12/2008, 6:54 PM
Hopefully we land the lad, plenty of green eyed Monsters on that site. Great if stay up next season. :)

srfc1928
02/12/2008, 11:01 PM

Also just to add:

where do you get your facts from?

Try being positive for once.
Negativity and negative speculation arent helpful
Weve just had our most successful season in a long time,
sometimes i wonder about people,
would they prefer for us to be down at the bottom.

Rory H
03/12/2008, 8:21 AM
http://www.potomacsoccerwire.com/news/460/4762

No chance of JO'H coming back as rumoured...

red bellied
03/12/2008, 11:29 AM
Back of the Sligo Post, Coleman heading over to Birmingham City for talks on Thursday.

http://www.oceanfm.ie/onair/sligoleitrimsport.php?articleid=000002903

Sligo Rovers star full back Seamus Coleman appears to be on the verge of a move to second placed Championship side Birmingham City. The English club have made a six figure offer to Sligo Rovers and the club have given the player permission to speak to the Birmingham management.
The young Donegal born player is at St Andrews this week and will train with the first team on Thursday.
Any deal will involve add on clauses in relation to league appearances and international caps.
Glasgow Celtic are reported to be monitoring the situation also. It is expected that that a decision on a transfer will be made inside the next 2 weeks although the player cannot officially move until January the 1st.

dong
03/12/2008, 12:22 PM
I hope this is true. Coleman is a great player but the club needs the cash that this deal could bring about. Also, I don't know the stats but did we not manage fairly okay last season when he was out through injury, suspension or international duty?
I would wish him well though. Lovely footballer.

Rovers Maniac
03/12/2008, 1:09 PM
Well we are not desperate for the money so it should put us in a fairly strong position if the offers are coming in. A few months ago we would have had to take the first offer that came along. Also helps that Seamie is happy here.

Rovers1
03/12/2008, 1:15 PM
No chance of JO'H coming back as rumoured...

TBH Rory i dont think we need him, Brush has become one of the best keepers in the league, surprised no team has come after him yet.

Rory H
03/12/2008, 3:39 PM
TBH Rory i dont think we need him, Brush has become one of the best keepers in the league, surprised no team has come after him yet.

I agree, never said we needed him.

celticV3
03/12/2008, 4:06 PM
Oooh, fight fight fight!!!!

Would hate to see seamie leave but if he is wuld hope it's for decent money with the club not gettin shafted on sell on clauses.

Rory H
03/12/2008, 4:50 PM
Oooh, fight fight fight!!!!

You're always like this in the off-season:D

brianw82
03/12/2008, 5:04 PM
Definitely need a sell-on clause. Look at what the 10% clause in Huntelaar's contract has netted Heerenveen after his sale to Madrid.

loibigfan
03/12/2008, 5:39 PM
i just hope the club seamie went from st catherines had somekind of clause..so that we recieve somekind of money..as he did learn his trade wit us

celticV3
03/12/2008, 6:02 PM
You're always like this in the off-season:D
Mixture of adrenaline and sexual tension, I need to get back to the jinks agains, and soon:)

Hope seamie gets a break over there. I know he is a great player but many great players have gone across and no made the grade, know seamie will if he gets the chance but hope he gets the chance if this deal was to come about.

Rovers1
03/12/2008, 6:21 PM

i never even suggested you said we needed him! :mad:

FFS!!!!:mad:

red bellied
04/12/2008, 12:16 PM
http://www.donegalpost.com/2008/12/03/cross-channel-talks-for-coleman/

Former St Catherine’s star Seamie Coleman departed Derry Airport on Sunday morning, flying direct to Birmingham to discuss the terms of a potential transfer.
It is believed that Birmingham City have made a six figure offer to Sligo Rovers and the club have given their prized asset permission to speak to the ‘Brummies’ hierarchy. Any such deal will also involve add on clauses in relation to league appearances and international caps.
Celtic’s offer of a week’s trial struck a chord with the attacking right back, but after deliberation with those closest to him, Coleman finally decided to let his head rule his heart, as competition for places at his boyhood idols may interrupt the momentum of his progress at this particular juncture of his career.
A source close to the player has told the Donegal Post that Coleman received a call late Saturday evening inviting the Sligo Rovers star and his representative over to the midlands to meet both manager Alex McLeish and his players, and to see the facilities on offer at St Andrews.
Coleman will train at the club’s first team on Thursday before attending Birmingham’s home clash with Watford on Saturday. The source also confirmed that a decision on the right back’s future will finally be made in the next two weeks with Celtic and Burnley still monitoring the situation, although Coleman can’t officially move until the first of January

Rovers Maniac
04/12/2008, 2:05 PM
http://www.donegalpost.com/2008/12/03/cross-channel-talks-for-coleman/

Former St Catherine’s star Seamie Coleman departed Derry Airport on Sunday morning, flying direct to Birmingham to discuss the terms of a potential transfer.
It is believed that Birmingham City have made a six figure offer to Sligo Rovers and the club have given their prized asset permission to speak to the ‘Brummies’ hierarchy. Any such deal will also involve add on clauses in relation to league appearances and international caps.
Celtic’s offer of a week’s trial struck a chord with the attacking right back, but after deliberation with those closest to him, Coleman finally decided to let his head rule his heart, as competition for places at his boyhood idols may interrupt the momentum of his progress at this particular juncture of his career.
A source close to the player has told the Donegal Post that Coleman received a call late Saturday evening inviting the Sligo Rovers star and his representative over to the midlands to meet both manager Alex McLeish and his players, and to see the facilities on offer at St Andrews.
Coleman will train at the club’s first team on Thursday before attending Birmingham’s home clash with Watford on Saturday. The source also confirmed that a decision on the right back’s future will finally be made in the next two weeks with Celtic and Burnley still monitoring the situation, although Coleman can’t officially move until the first of January

Found this as well.

http://www.expressandstar.com/2008/12/04/latest-transfer-rumours-dec-4/

thesilverfox
04/12/2008, 2:22 PM
Coleman to Birmingham was mentioned in the The Daily Mail aswell today. Think the column is called "The Screamer", it on the right hand side of a page at the very bottom.

Red4Eva
04/12/2008, 8:47 PM
http://www.bcfc.com/page/Match/ReservesReport/0,,10412~1476666,00.html

seamie=A Trialist? i think that's him on the ground in the bottom picture

"The only goal of the game arrived less than five minutes in when United broke down the left before squaring the ball for their player to slot home from close range."

Red4Eva
04/12/2008, 10:08 PM
ross gaynor from cobh might be signing but i think cork are interested too

srfc1928
05/12/2008, 10:52 AM
ross gaynor from cobh might be signing but i think cork are interested too
How the hell are cork allowed to sign anyone when they havent paid the players they have already.

micls
05/12/2008, 11:37 AM
How the hell are cork allowed to sign anyone when they havent paid the players they have already.

What?

If the players we have arent paid what theyre owed in backpay by 31st of January we wont get a premier license. However this has no affect on signing players now...

srfc1928
05/12/2008, 12:02 PM
What?

If the players we have arent paid what theyre owed in backpay by 31st of January we wont get a premier license. However this has no affect on signing players now...
I am aware of that, but IMO it should.

dong
05/12/2008, 12:22 PM
What?

In that case just do what Cork always do and change the club name again.
Till the next time.....

micls
05/12/2008, 1:32 PM
I am aware of that, but IMO it should.
Based on what exactly?

Im be pretty sure you owe someone money for something, should that stop you signing players? All clubs have creditors.

In that case just do what Cork always do and change the club name again.
Till the next time.....

Yeah thats exactly what we did when we went into examinership :rolleyes:

That post doesnt even make sense ffs, we'd just be in the first division.

Original attempt at a wind up though .....

srfc1928
05/12/2008, 2:10 PM
Based on what exactly?

Im be pretty sure you owe someone money for something, should that stop you signing players? All clubs have creditors.

Yeah thats exactly what we did when we went into examinership :rolleyes:

That post doesnt even make sense ffs, we'd just be in the first division.

Original attempt at a wind up though .....
I dont think its fair to your players or creditors as you like to call them:rolleyes:
to go with out pay and then go out and sign more creditors.:D

red_away
05/12/2008, 2:48 PM
Remember MICLS....you cant use the name alberts, celtic, hibs etc next time!

micls
05/12/2008, 3:32 PM
I dont think its fair to your players or creditors as you like to call them:rolleyes:
to go with out pay and then go out and sign more creditors.:D

:rolleyes: Do you understand what examinership is?

Of course its not fair, but it was that or go bust. Our players will get all their money and the same players have agreed wage cuts SO that we could sign more players and be competitive next year, players that had no obligation to do so.

So maybe you should see what they think before getting all offended on their behalf

Remember MICLS....you cant use the name alberts, celtic, hibs etc next time!

Why not, we've used City twice

sligoman
05/12/2008, 4:28 PM
BIRMINGHAM City are continuing to mine the seam of Irish talent with a move for defender Seamus Coleman, of Sligo Rovers.

The 20-year-old has been over to Wast Hills this week with a view to a six-figure transfer.

Celtic also offered him a trial, but Coleman opted for Blues and it is thought a deal could be close to completion.

Coleman is expected to watch Blues against Watford on Saturday.From here (http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/birmingham-city-fc/2008/12/05/blues-attract-another-irish-player-97319-22411908/)