PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Rumours/Suggestions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

Rovers Maniac
10/01/2009, 4:04 PM
Defo Not...

Defo not what? Deffo not signing?

naoise kennedy
10/01/2009, 4:31 PM
Defo not what? Deffo not signing?
lads stop fighting,, he's the last of our better players, leave him with us.

DRDoc
10/01/2009, 4:31 PM
An offer has been made to another player also, so cook seems to be maybe looking at other options

Rovers fan
10/01/2009, 4:35 PM
Who??

avvenalaf
10/01/2009, 6:28 PM
Deco. Anto won't come back.

D Brannigan
10/01/2009, 8:36 PM
Cawley has signed, the other two have not.

As of today no new players have signed for the club.FACT.

Inside Man
10/01/2009, 8:36 PM
sligo turned down a second offer from celtic for coleman and he is in negoations with birmingham..they hav had a second offer accepted.
Sorry, but how do you know this and none of us do?:confused:
I like to see the club has rejected 3 offers. Means they won't give in until they get what is right.
Oh and on the Parkhouse deal: Are they flipping MAD? 850 a week! Whoever is behind that deal would want to get their heads checked.

Rovers fan
10/01/2009, 8:39 PM
As of today no new players have signed for the club.FACT.

Who from last years squad have not re-signed yet?(an easier way of saying who has signed!)

SligoBrewer
10/01/2009, 8:43 PM
Sorry, but how do you know this and none of us do?:confused:
I like to see the club has rejected 3 offers. Means they won't give in until they get what is right.
Oh and on the Parkhouse deal: Are they flipping MAD? 850 a week! Whoever is behind that deal would want to get their heads checked.

Look up ;)

DRDoc
10/01/2009, 10:07 PM
Parkhouse has been in talks with Coleraine also

Red&White Rover
10/01/2009, 11:09 PM
Our budget has not been improved yet, so no players can be signed until then.

We can't agree terms until the budget is approved by the FAI.

celticV3
11/01/2009, 12:32 AM
i seriously doubt the MC are going to give a totally unproven player E850 per week.

You have a cute naievity about ya:D It would seem we are ok financially hopefully with two extra cups coming up next year, but i still don't trust the board to do a compitent job.

Rory H
11/01/2009, 12:37 AM
You have a cute naievity about ya:D It would seem we are ok financially hopefully with two extra cups coming up next year, but i still don't trust the board to do a compitent job.

Two extra cups.....the Europa League will probably cost us money and the only money coming from Setanta will be two extra home gates as the competition doesn't end until 2010.

Rovers1
11/01/2009, 2:19 PM

no i seriously doubt they will pay Stephen Parkhouse, a totally unproven PD striker 850 a week...

on the signing players malarky, i doubt Rovers can sign players unless the budget is approved. Maybe theres an agreement between certain players and the club?

Redie
12/01/2009, 10:18 AM
but i still don't trust the board to do a compitent job.

Well at least they probably have the competence to spell competent competently.

celticV3
12/01/2009, 11:31 AM
Two extra cups.....the Europa League will probably cost us money and the only money coming from Setanta will be two extra home gates as the competition doesn't end until 2010.
Only two? optimism is the key Rory.

no i seriously doubt they will pay Stephen Parkhouse, a totally unproven PD striker 850 a week...

Don't think it's true but wouldn't be suprised either if it did come about tobe true.

Well at least they probably have the competence to spell competent competently.
pedantic!!! Did I spell that ok for you teacher?

Redie
12/01/2009, 2:48 PM

you did, tobe sure

red_away
12/01/2009, 2:53 PM
The budget is the budget and should be adhered to no matter what players are available or what players want in a new contract!

We cant be the only club who are being prudent and in the long term it will pay dividends.

We dont want to go back to the financial messing that occurred last season!

RGMY
12/01/2009, 4:55 PM
totally agree with u red away the financial messing that occured in the past wont and cant happen this season because as i said b4 the right man is in charge of finance lets hope the budget is okayed by the fai and we can get on and be a successful and well run club

Rory H
12/01/2009, 6:56 PM
Only two? optimism is the key Rory.

Don't think it's true but wouldn't be suprised either if it did come about tobe true.

I know.....but it is the most we can have in the year!

SRFCbrothelutd
15/01/2009, 8:17 AM
fyi Parkhouse & Morrison signed yesterday along with Almedia & O'Grady. Cawley due to sign at the weekend. Back preseason training today...

Rovers Maniac
15/01/2009, 9:54 AM
fyi Parkhouse & Morrison signed yesterday along with Almedia & O'Grady. Cawley due to sign at the weekend. Back preseason training today...

Amazing if we did, great to try and keep the back line together. Hope the club can confirm these today.

Inside Man
15/01/2009, 10:18 AM
Indeed I came up this morning from Dublin on business and drove past the Showgrounds only about an hour or so ago and there seemed to be alot of movement at the front offices. Good news.:)
Just hope they took it easy on the wages because some of the reported figures here were wild. I'd say that may well be our squad for the upcoming season if we manage to hold on to the rest of our players.

Rory H
15/01/2009, 11:23 AM
The long-running Stephen Parkhouse saga finally came to an end on Tuesday night when the striker left Finn Harps for Sligo Rovers.

Harps manager Paul Hegarty said yesterday that he had agreed terms with the 26-year-old last month, before a forced reduction in the Ballybofey club's budget made the deal impossible.

Consequently, former Glentoran frontman Parkhouse, who had also been interesting Coleraine of late, put pen to a deal at the Showgrounds and will now be involved in both the Setanta Sports Cup and the newly-formed Europa League (formerly Uefa Cup) next season, as well as remaining in the Premier Division.

"It's disappointing to lose a player like Stephen," Hegarty said. "A few weeks ago we had agreed a deal but we had to retract that offer because of the reduced budget. I feel he wanted to stay, as after all he had agreed terms, but that's the lie of the land at the minute here and we have to accept that and get on with it."

Funny that he had agreed to stay with Harps....

avvenalaf
15/01/2009, 1:29 PM
Cookie only wanted 75% of him while Harps were prepared to sign the 100%.

RedRebel32
15/01/2009, 3:24 PM
Great news if those 3 lads have arrived:ball:

Can't see too many signings after this, I assume we have to get another goalkeeper?Hope we can hang on to the rest of the squad

dublinred
15/01/2009, 4:23 PM
Shaping up well , morrison will be competition for Doherty on the left , upfront we will be choosing from Boco, Raf and Parkhouse with either raf or boco going to the right of midfield , expect we will need a new right back assuming Seamie goes.

Potential Team
Brush

Butler/Ventre
Mauro
Peers

A-N Other ( Ryan?)

Morrisson/Doherty
O'Grady
Cawley
Boco

Raf
Parkhouse

RedRebel32
15/01/2009, 4:37 PM
is cash not still around?

RGMY
15/01/2009, 9:41 PM
any truth in the rumour that pat jennings has been signed as back up for another season heard in town this morning

Rovers Maniac
15/01/2009, 9:43 PM
any truth in the rumour that pat jennings has been signed as back up for another season heard in town this morning

To be honest we do need a back up keeper.

SligoBrewer
15/01/2009, 9:45 PM
To be honest we do need a back up keeper.

Signing Foyzer and converting him to an emergency keeper is better than Jennings tbh.
He's atrocious.

Candystripe
15/01/2009, 11:17 PM
Shaping up well , morrison will be competition for Doherty on the left ,
Potential Team
Brush

Morrisson/Doherty

No offence meant here but Morrison when he played for us last season outshone Mc Court and McGinn.

On form he is the best player in the league when he decides to give a feck.

He is an amazing left winger who will score loads of goals, but he seems to fall out with most managers (allegedly) for some reason!

He has played at a very high level as well including scoring goals in the English premier league for Shefield Wed (8 I think) so I think he will be the 1st name down on Cooks team sheet.

Red&White Rover
15/01/2009, 11:20 PM
Signing Foyzer and converting him to an emergency keeper is better than Jennings tbh.
He's atrocious.

He's played keeper for us before;)

And I'd say we'll be looking at U-20's or A-Team for back up keepers.

Black and White
16/01/2009, 7:45 AM
Who is the player that got injured in the car crash last eyar and is to be out for a while...is that Doherty??

dublinred
16/01/2009, 8:18 AM
He's atrocious.

Agree certaintly would have more presence.

BTW: Anyone see foyzer in the herlad last week , scored one of trademark freekicks for some LSL team in tallaght.

srfc1928
16/01/2009, 9:37 AM
Who is the player that got injured in the car crash last eyar and is to be out for a while...is that Doherty??
Chris Butler - left back.
Huge loss. Cant see him comming back for a while.

Rovers1
16/01/2009, 2:17 PM
Chris Butler - left back.
Huge loss. Cant see him comming back for a while.

dont know how he is now, but they were expecting him to be in light training before March.

brianw82
16/01/2009, 4:29 PM
He's atrocious.

Foyzer naturally would cover more space in the goals by just standing there. Win win situation.

sligofan4ever
16/01/2009, 4:55 PM
Doe's anyone know yet if Gary Curran has gone to Longford permanently or on loan ?

forza rovers
16/01/2009, 5:23 PM
i think so he is training with them

sligoman
16/01/2009, 5:44 PM
I hope Jennings is working for free or even paying us for being allowed stay.
Doe's anyone know yet if Gary Curran has gone to Longford permanently or on loan ?Permanent.

Inside Man
16/01/2009, 7:04 PM
i think so he is training with them

What is Cook thinking? This fella is useless.
And it was Cook's stubborness last season, against Shams in the cup, which lost us the game imo. (Well that and Butler). My point is Cook seems to be out to prove everyone wrong about him. Certainly i see no ability in him and why should we be taking a player from a club who is below us and is there 3rd 4th keeper?

sligoman
16/01/2009, 7:06 PM
why should we be taking a player from a club who is below us and is there 3rd 4th keeper?below us?:confused:

villarover
16/01/2009, 7:13 PM
dont know how he is now, but they were expecting him to be in light training before March.
Big set back for Butler, wont be back for 6 months. Cant see them holding on to him.

Rovers1
16/01/2009, 7:15 PM
Big set back for Butler, wont be back for 6 months. Cant see them holding on to him.

do you mean theres been another set-back recently?

villarover
16/01/2009, 7:21 PM
do you mean theres been another set-back recently?
They were expecting him back in training and doing light running soon but wont be doing that for at least 6 months now.

sligoman
16/01/2009, 7:23 PM
He was able to dance last November. Just get him to dance around in defence and he can still do a job.

SligoBrewer
16/01/2009, 11:30 PM
Foyzer naturally would cover more space in the goals by just standing there. Win win situation.

Plus he'd be a wizz at keeping the ball from the net in a penalty shootout!;)

Inside Man
17/01/2009, 5:48 PM
below us?:confused:
My mistake. Was thinking of last year for some reason. My fault.
But still I back up my opinion there are much more reliable keepers out there than Jennings. My point also would be why have him take up a % of the budget when there is plenty of capable young amateur Keepers in Sligo Youth/District league that Rovers can use on the bench, I know in the case Brush gets injured or suspended an Emergency loan deal can be got then by the club and we could sign a Keeper then, and only then. Makes sense to keep costs as low as possible, or maybe Cook wants more competition for Brush, although Jennings isn't the answer.

I read somewhere Cawley is training with Bohs. we need to buckle up if we want to get him.
Has there been confirmation about Parkhouse's move also?

sligofan4ever
18/01/2009, 9:52 PM
From League of Ireland Transfers 2009:

Sligo Rovers
Manager: Paul Cook
Ins
Seamus Sharkey (Derry City) *Loan*
Stephen Parkhouse (Finn Harps)
Owen Morrison (Free)

Outs
Matthew Judge (Released)
Gary Curran (Longford Town)

So have we actually signed him or what ?