PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Rumours/Suggestions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

forza rovers
06/06/2009, 10:32 AM
maby bring back Garry Curran and give him a chance.

redobit
06/06/2009, 11:08 AM
maby bring back Garry Curran and give him a chance.

Defo, he scored again last nite. As he left because he wanted to play first team football, and the way are squad is, he might consider it.

brianw82
10/06/2009, 8:32 PM
Defo, he scored again last nite. As he left because he wanted to play first team football, and the way are squad is, he might consider it.

Is Gary still living in Sligo?

I'd imagine he's on a one year deal with Longford though, so we'd probably have to pay to get him back. Doubt that would happen, tbh.

sligofan4ever
10/06/2009, 8:36 PM
I could never understand why he was sold, he may not have been guaranteed first team football but as his career went on with us he kept improving. Just before the start of the season Richie Ryan might have missed the first 6 weeks of the season only for his injury wasnt as bad as first tought, what if he really was out for 6 weeks though ? Curran would fill that slot and would challenge for his place which this team seems to need to get the best out of the lads and who knows how well he might've played for us.

On another note, I heard a rumour of a player called Davitt Walsh in talks about joining us. Did anyone else hear this ?

Red&White Rover
10/06/2009, 8:38 PM
I heard we made enquiries but nothing further...

sligoman
10/06/2009, 11:25 PM
Is Gary still living in Sligo?Yes.

On another note, I heard a rumour of a player called Davitt Walsh in talks about joining us. Did anyone else hear this ?It's in this thread (http://foot.ie/forums/showpost.php?p=1167179&postcount=1440)

Boo_Boy
11/06/2009, 12:53 AM
What about Emeka Onwubiko?

He was released by Athlone, played for Bray last year, we need a striker and i'm sure he wouldn't cost much in wages.

DOn't maul me, just a suggestion :o

srfc1928
11/06/2009, 1:08 AM

He was released by Athlone, played for Bray last year, we need a striker and i'm sure he wouldn't cost much in wages.

Is he any good?
I see on the main forum Derek Glynn is unsettled at Longford, maybe he could do a job for us ?
I suppose we need to be patient and see what happens, but we really need players on board soon.

neutrino
11/06/2009, 12:48 PM
Is he any good?
I see on the main forum Derek Glynn is unsettled at Longford, maybe he could do a job for us ?
I suppose we need to be patient and see what happens, but we really need players on board soon.

What effect will the penalties payable on late returns to the tax man have on the ability to bring in players ? AFAIK, there's a plan in place to repay the tax owed from the previous year - had this included the 16k penalty or will they now need to be found somewhere? It's a tough situation but I think unless we bring in some local players ,we should muddle on with what's there get the bills paid and see where we are at come the end of the season.

SligoBrewer
11/06/2009, 5:44 PM

That's a very good shout imo.

dong
11/06/2009, 7:21 PM
Heard from a reliable source Sean Doherty wants out of the club. Apparently they were chatting to him over the weekend and he said the club's a "shambles".
This was to a person who doesn't really even follow Rovers. Shame he couldn't keep it to himself.

sligoman
11/06/2009, 7:22 PM
Shame he couldn't keep it to himself.Shame he's useless too.

srfc1928
11/06/2009, 7:24 PM
Shame he's useless too.
Exactly, wouldnt be sorry to see him go.
Bit of a shambles of a football player.

sligofan4ever
11/06/2009, 7:30 PM
Exactly, wouldnt be sorry to see him go.
Bit of a shambles of a football player.

Injuries plagued him really. I was looking forward to seeing him play this season, had a great start to the second half of last season and was our only decent penalty taker, and had that cross-come-goal against Finn Harps :). A bit harsh considering he in no way contributed to making us play any better, he like Mauro spent alot of the time on the sidelines. And knowing that were down to the bear bones, he just leaves with less respect from the fans. Boco said were down to 16 players in training, he can now make that 15 it this is true :(. If Cookie lets him go i really hope he has something planned to replace some of these players, Ventre seems like a good replacement at CB but 2 arent enough considering our injuries and Ventre could easily get sent off again this season.

brianw82
11/06/2009, 7:35 PM
Heard from a reliable source Sean Doherty wants out of the club. Apparently they were chatting to him over the weekend and he said the club's a "shambles".
This was to a person who doesn't really even follow Rovers. Shame he couldn't keep it to himself.

It has to be said, he does have a point. Sure didn't Boco basically say the same thing in a well dressed-up way?

Rovers1
11/06/2009, 7:37 PM
It has to be said, he does have a point.

Out of interest?? What's his point?

brianw82
11/06/2009, 7:54 PM
The entire squad situation - small numbers, consistent injuries/suspensions, no cover from A-team, etc.
Continuous financial problems and rumours of same.
The Cook debacle prior to the season.

To name but 3.

If an employer is experiencing problems then an employee is going to complain about it to someone. It's easy for us to say "he should keep his mouth shut", but when there are constantly obstacles in the way of you doing your best, it's hard to keep quiet about it.

Rovers1
11/06/2009, 8:01 PM
The entire squad situation - small numbers, consistent injuries/suspensions, no cover from A-team, etc.

Thats fair enough. But really there's nothing you can do about injuries, which has been our main concern this season. (Butler,Mauro) Of course there's something you can do about the discipline, but poor standard of refereeing does go towards that.

IF that's what Doherty really thinks, maybe he should take a wage cut, give some of his wages towards a new player because he certainly has not been up to standard this year in any game he has played.

red bellied
11/06/2009, 8:05 PM
The thing is its the other way round Rovers want rid of Doherty. Why would he want to go? I dont see anyone knocking on the gate for him. He is more than likely usually injured and collecting a nice wage at the same time. When he is on the pitch you wouldnt notice him, stays away from the ball. He is mouthing off now because he knows his time has come.

dong
11/06/2009, 8:18 PM
He had his moments last season alright. It's just sickening when a barstooler with no interest in Rovers comes to you in a gloating way slagging off your club, and with the opinion of one of the club's players to back him up.
I was about to punch him in the face tbh!! But, in fairness, I have a problem with Doherty in all this really. As was said, you wouldn't mind if he was doing something on the pitch.

Rovers Maniac
11/06/2009, 8:32 PM

To name but 3.

If an employer is experiencing problems then an employee is going to complain about it to someone. It's easy for us to say "he should keep his mouth shut", but when there are constantly obstacles in the way of you doing your best, it's hard to keep quiet about it.

Jeez some people on here must think the club is about to go bust in the morning !

Edit: Not talking about the above poster alone.

Rovers Maniac
11/06/2009, 8:41 PM
It has to be said, he does have a point. Sure didn't Boco basically say the same thing in a well dressed-up way?

Yes totally agree, him flying home from the world cup qualifers really shows he wants to leave, good spot !

brianw82
11/06/2009, 8:51 PM
Yes totally agree, him flying home from the world cup qualifers really shows he wants to leave, good spot !

Read the Boco article again. He's not exactly over the moon with how things are. And there was no mention anywhere of him wanting to leave.

sligored
12/06/2009, 1:12 PM
was told this morning that we are getting 3 youth players on loan from glasgow celtic for 3 months.

SligoBrewer
12/06/2009, 7:26 PM
was told this morning that we are getting 3 youth players on loan from glasgow celtic for 3 months.

Cue crowd increase.

sligo23
12/06/2009, 7:28 PM
Wasn't Choice on his way to Celtic??
beware!!

hoop4life
12/06/2009, 7:48 PM

Names???

SligoBrewer
12/06/2009, 8:01 PM
Some McGeady fella along with some Pat McGourt i think?

avvenalaf
12/06/2009, 8:34 PM
Some McGeady fella along with some Pat McGourt i think?

Pat McCourt would be even better

SligoBrewer
12/06/2009, 8:37 PM
Pat McCourt would be even better

/Facepalm

sligofan4ever
12/06/2009, 8:41 PM
Wouldnt mind having Niall McGinn on loan :D.

dublinred
12/06/2009, 11:01 PM

Great News

dublinred
12/06/2009, 11:27 PM
Would have Harpal back on a pay as you play basis seeing as he got the boot from dundalk , he took the crutches been waived at him very well in oriel :-)

srfc1928
12/06/2009, 11:40 PM
Would have Harpal back on a pay as you play basis seeing as he got the boot from dundalk , he took the crutches been waived at him very well in oriel :-)
we're desperate, but not that desperate.
Cheatin git, faking injury to get his move.
No thanks

srfc1928
12/06/2009, 11:46 PM
Great News
brillaint, at last a bit of movement on the transfer scene.
I asume these lads or any other signings cant be made till July 1st,
so would this would leave it too late to be registered for Europa Cup?

Great move for all involved aswell.

Only1Rovers
14/06/2009, 9:34 AM
maybe they could be registered before that?

Redie
14/06/2009, 1:13 PM
brillaint, at last a bit of movement on the transfer scene.
I asume these lads or any other signings cant be made till July 1st,
so would this would leave it too late to be registered for Europa Cup?

Great move for all involved aswell.

The list of players eligible to play in the first round of europa has already been submitted and no player signed since will be able to play in that tie.

Black and White
14/06/2009, 3:07 PM

He didnt get the boot from Dundalk, hes getting married and his religion's marriage ceremonys last the guts of a month so!he only had a contract til the start of June with us and is looking to come back in the middle of July so!

avvenalaf
14/06/2009, 5:47 PM
He didnt get the boot from Dundalk, hes getting married and his religion's marriage ceremonys last the guts of a month so!he only had a contract til the start of June with us and is looking to come back in the middle of July so!

Jaysus, you couldn't make it up. It's like the time years ago we signed a guy from Southampton and found out that his religion precluded him from playing on Sundays. All league games were on Sundays at the time.

Rovers1
15/06/2009, 12:43 PM
his religion's marriage ceremonys last the guts of a month

Christ, that'll be tough for anyone, never mind someone permanantly on crutches!!:eek:

sligoman
16/06/2009, 4:24 PM
Cretaro said the reduced squad at Paul Cook’s disposal - due to a series of injuries and suspensions - had put pressure on the remaining players, but he revealed two young players from England are on trial at The Showgrounds with a view to signing.

http://www.sligoweekender.ie/news/story/?trs=mhidmhidey&cat=sport

sligofan4ever
16/06/2009, 10:38 PM
Quote from extratime.ie:
Alan Dooley, The Showgrounds, reporting "Quite a few Dan or Dannys on the pitch tonight. Five in all. Five triallists for Sligo were out warming up before the game. They need them with only 4 out of a possible 7 subs."

Didnt know we had trialists warming up, are these the 3 Celtic youths and 2 english players being mentioned ?

rovers100%
19/06/2009, 10:45 AM
cookie said last night we have 5 trialists, 2 lads from preston ne, 1 from institutute in the north who is a centre back and 2 very young lads from dublin.

gustavo
25/06/2009, 11:00 AM
http://www.londonderrysentinel.co.uk/sport/Scoltock-on-his-way-out.5396838.jp

Redzer
25/06/2009, 12:28 PM
Just what we want, another injury prone defender!!!!!!

celticV3
25/06/2009, 1:33 PM
Just what we want, another injury prone defender!!!!!!

Well he's from the waterside so i'd say he's tough as fcuk.

Jeebus
26/06/2009, 12:48 PM
http://www.londonderrysentinel.co.uk/sport/Scoltock-on-his-way-out.5396838.jp

Meanwhile, Gregg has revealed that towering centre-half, Mark Scoltock has chosen to remain at the club despite interest from League of Ireland Premier Division side, Sligo Rovers.

The Waterside man was believed to be on a week's trial at the Bit O' Red but Gregg insists the former Limavady United man has turned down a full-time contract to remain at the Riverside.

"Sligo Rovers have shown genuine interest in him and they've offered him a full-time contract, but Mark has decided to stay with us. He's a big player for us, he's a strong centre-half and I'm delighted he has opted to stay."

http://www.derryjournal.com/derry-sport/Cullen-set-to-join-39Stute.5405949.jp

SligoBrewer
26/06/2009, 12:57 PM
they've offered him a full-time contract,

:eek::eek:

rob mcdonald
28/06/2009, 9:29 AM
You'd wonder what sort of ambition this lad has? What would you choose if you had the choice European Football, full time contract, FAI and EA cup or a regular game with Institute in Norn Iron.....

forza rovers
28/06/2009, 9:43 AM
You'd wonder what sort of ambition this lad has? What would you choose if you had the choice European Football, full time contract, FAI and EA cup or a regular game with Institute in Norn Iron.....if he had signed he would not have being able to play