PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Rumours/Suggestions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

Red4Eva
26/06/2008, 7:45 PM
i'd be pretty certain it'll be chris breen

sligoman
26/06/2008, 10:28 PM
Gethins I hope.Please no. Hate that little runt.

sligored
27/06/2008, 9:33 AM
irish indo reports that faz had a medical at drogheda yesterday.
our prayers may be answered - i am not sure how they will take his laziness and whether he will tell the fans there to f*ck off

Red&White Rover
27/06/2008, 11:09 AM
I don't see him cutting it there tbh.

I reckon Faz might prefer to be a big fish in a small pond...

Only1Rovers
27/06/2008, 12:32 PM
irish indo reports that faz had a medical at drogheda yesterday.
our prayers may be answered - i am not sure how they will take his laziness and whether he will tell the fans there to f*ck off

That's harsh, He has worked very hard over the years and has been of great benifit to the club. (Hence the interest from other clubs) When he moves on I wish him all the best with Drogs/Derry whoever. One of the best footballers to have played in the showgies in years).

I don't see him cutting it there tbh....

Why not?

Red&White Rover
27/06/2008, 12:42 PM
That's harsh, He has worked very hard over the years and has been of great benifit to the club. (Hence the interest from other clubs) When he moves on I wish him all the best with Drogs/Derry whoever. One of the best footballers to have played in the showgies in years).

Why not?

Just my personal opinion is all...I don't think he'll be good enough, to sustain and keep a regular place.

Only1Rovers
27/06/2008, 12:44 PM
Just my personal opinion is all...I don't think he'll be good enough, to sustain and keep a regular place.

If he joins Drogs?

DocRovers
27/06/2008, 1:04 PM
Faz has been great for us & I wish him really well wherever he goes. Great skill & signed for us last year when others would'nt. Why do we always have to run down guys when they move on. If all of Cookies signings contribute as much as he did for the last three & a half years we will be doing well.

Red&White Rover
27/06/2008, 1:27 PM
If he joins Drogs?

Yes. I'm not having a go at him, best of luck to the lad, he gave us the best over the last few years, but i just don't seeing being a major success.

Only1Rovers
27/06/2008, 1:38 PM
Faz has signed a three year contract with Drogheda.

He will be an everpresent in the team for the rest of the season as he will bring some much needed creativity to the faultering champions...in my humble opinion.

Good Luck and thanks Faz!

sligoman
27/06/2008, 1:40 PM
Should have sold him at the start of the season, wasn't worth keeping. Although don't see why he should be allowed have a medical at Drogs already, will they be paying his wages for this week?

Good riddance Faz.

Only1Rovers
27/06/2008, 2:04 PM
Should have sold him at the start of the season, wasn't worth keeping. Although don't see why he should be allowed have a medical at Drogs already, will they be paying his wages for this week?

Good riddance Faz.

This is a small minded, uneducated, rash and downright ridicules opinion. What manager in his right mind would have sold one of the most impressive players in the league the season just passed?

Considering what was left on his contract the club would not have made any proper money on his sale, certainly not enough money that would justify selling him if there was a chance he would put in a similar season again. Cook was dead right to keep him. He is being sold now (July and not let go come Nov.) because, for what ever reason things are not going as well up-front as last season. Faz can't be blamed for this. Circumstances were different.

Kudozavic is one of the most honest and talented players playing in the league. His footballing brain is much superior to that of 90% of the players in the league. He has his downsides, lack of pace, not much threat in the air, but he reads the game better than most, can use either foot, strikes a great free-kick and when he's banging them in for Drog's we should just be glad he once played for Rovers.

And so what if he lost the rag with supporters, certain Rovers fans have been on his back ever since he arrived, fans who do not understand the game and who cannot see the finer qualities in more distinguished players such as Kudozavic.

Good riddance Faz..

the above statement is simply pathetic, they say football is a fickle sport but that is completely unwarranted.

sligoman
27/06/2008, 2:12 PM
things are not going as well up-front as last season. Faz can't be blamed for this.Faz can't be blamed for not playing well or putting in the effort this season? That's a strange one.
And so what if he lost the rag with supporters, certain Rovers fans have been on his back ever since he arrived, fans who do not understand the game and who cannot see the finer qualities in more distinguished players such as Kudozavic.If you're happy contributing towards a player who dis-respects fans then that's your decision. Others are not.

Only1Rovers
27/06/2008, 2:21 PM
Faz can't be blamed for not playing well or putting in the effort this season? That's a strange one.If you're happy contributing towards a player who dis-respects fans then that's your decision. Others are not.

This is bull****, he was part of a partnership that was firing on all cylinders last season, the partnership is no longer working because of circumstances outside of anybodies control.

And overall the contributions the man has made to the club far out-way the pop he had at some young fella in the crowd because said chap didn't think Faz was putting the effort in.

Open your eyes and think before you type crap about one of the clubs best players in recent years. He deserves better so let him go without giving him a hard time because he want to better himself.

gustavo
27/06/2008, 2:22 PM
Faz can't be blamed for not playing well or putting in the effort this season? That's a strange one.If you're happy contributing towards a player who dis-respects fans then that's your decision. Others are not.

He can't be blamed for not playing well in your opinion ,You've had a long held grudge against the player , No player goes out to play badly , He has been a class act for us for the last year or so since being moved up front ,even before then his skill was obvious , The longest serving player at the club along with O'Grady , I'll be sad to see him go

sligoman
27/06/2008, 2:28 PM
the pop he had at some young fella in the crowd because said chap didn't think Faz was putting the effort in.When was this? If you're referring to the UCD game then it was more than 'some young fella in the crowd'
He can't be blamed for not playing well in your opinionSo you think Faz played as well as he can do this season do you? Faz handed in a transfer request at the beginning of the season, since then he's put in very little effort on the pitch and not worked near to his ability imo.

gustavo
27/06/2008, 2:30 PM
When was this? If you're referring to the UCD game then it was more than 'some young fella in the crowd'So you think Faz played as well as he can do this season do you? Faz handed in a transfer request at the beginning of the season, since then he's put in very little effort on the pitch and not worked near to his ability imo.

Yea I think he's put in as much as effort as previous seasons , as other posters have said he does lack pace and that can make him seem less hard working as others

Redie
27/06/2008, 2:44 PM
I just hope that anyone who thinks that we are better off without Faz never has anything to do with running a football team or a football club. We will see from now to the end of the season his true worth.

Yes in recent times his attitude to the supporters was becoming somewhat tiresome and on occasions wholly inappropriate but so to was some of the Shi*e he had to put up with when he was on the pitch.

Best of Luck to him in the future - a true Class Act!

Best of Luck to him in the future - a true Class Act!

Only1Rovers
27/06/2008, 3:57 PM
When was this? If you're referring to the UCD game then it was more than 'some young fella in the crowd'

Mea Culpa, a group of lads.

So you think Faz played as well as he can do this season do you? Faz handed in a transfer request at the beginning of the season, since then he's put in very little effort on the pitch and not worked near to his ability imo.

do not agree, he worked hard, goals did not come a freely as they did last season but that doesn't mean he didn't put the work in. To say he put little effort in is wrong. He's not the sort of player who covers every every inch of the pitch, he didn't do it last season but there was no one calling him lazy.

Yes in recent times his attitude to the supporters was becoming somewhat tiresome and on occasions wholly inappropriate but so to was some of the Shi*e he had to put up with when he was on the pitch.

The man put up with criticism in almost every game he played in the Showgrounds from sections of the crowd.

He received most of the abuse when Sean Connor played him out of position for two seasons. Those who don’t understand the game continued to give him abuse when he was moved into a more attacking role. So its not surprising he gave some of it back in recent times. The man deserves a medal for his Patience.

roversforever
27/06/2008, 5:07 PM
just want to wish faz all the best and if he reads this my message is ignore some of the bulls**t on here.90% of fans realise he's been one of the best players we've had in a long time and to write things like "good riddance" is just stupid.no doubt these same people will be waiting for him to fail at drogs so they can come back here and say i told you so but if he is or he isn't a success at drogs is irrelevant...the fact is he's been a great player for us and is a model professional.his life revolves around his football,he doesn't even drink so anybody coming on here questioning his effort doesn't know the lad because it couldn't be further from the truth.all the best faz and thanks for everything.

deecay
27/06/2008, 5:12 PM
Hope we get a decent amount,hated his lack of effort and disrespect of the fans recently

Rovers fan
27/06/2008, 5:50 PM
I honestly think he tried hard and was commited.He was a fantastic player and we won't be near as good a team without him.I wouldn't blame him for wanting to go to a better team,it's his job and obviously he wants to earn as much money as he can. The only dissapointing element was the disrespect he showed towards our fans.

sligoman
27/06/2008, 7:20 PM
The man deserves a medal for his patients.He's a doctor now is he?

he doesn't even drinkWhat has that got to do with Rovers? He doesn't drink, great, he must be class so:rolleyes:

sligored
27/06/2008, 7:28 PM
i hear alan moore is gone also

sligofan4ever
27/06/2008, 9:22 PM
i hear alan moore is gone also

Where did you hear this ?

forza rovers
28/06/2008, 9:33 AM
i hear alan moore is gone alsothank god hes good but not worth €500 every time he graces the pitch.

Only1Rovers
28/06/2008, 2:43 PM
He's a doctor now is he?
:rolleyes:

I think people should always be recognised and rewarded for their humanitarian work in the field of medical care.

roversforever
28/06/2008, 4:40 PM
He's a doctor now is he?
What has that got to do with Rovers? He doesn't drink, great, he must be class so:rolleyes:

The argument wasn't about wheather he was class or not it was about what you see as a lack of effort.why does he not drink?because he's completely dedicated to his football and he was employed by sligo rovers so that's what it's got to do with them.and on the other hand you have keith foy,who drinks plenty,eats plenty,picks up wages for doing absolutely nothing and yet is treated like a hero when he leaves...how does that work?at least faz is on the pitch and in my opinion doing his best,even though i accept that you don't agree with me on that one.and before people start having a go at me about foyzer i like him as much as everybody else but im making the point that he's been treated very differently to faz simply because people like him as a person.take the blinkers off and you'll see he's done a lot less for sligo rovers on the pitch than faz has!

SligoBrewer
28/06/2008, 9:19 PM
I don't see him cutting it there tbh.

I reckon Faz might prefer to be a big fish in a small pond...]

I'd agree. No disrespect to Faz here, but he will be played out of position, if he plays at all there. How many strikers do Drogheda have before they signed him? Too many to begin with.

I think for Faz's footballing career, it's a terrible move. He would have been better playing at a smaller club, or least one that a has a sustainable future and won't go tits up in 2/3 years time.

Faz as a player is brilliant. But he'll be on the bench week in week out.

cheifo
28/06/2008, 11:17 PM
Chris Breen going to you this week with one of your lads coming our way?

sligofan4ever
28/06/2008, 11:18 PM
How much did Faz go for ? hopefully the money we receive for him helps the club. And has Moore gone too ? if so has he been released or are we getting money from the team who sign him too ?

sligofan4ever
28/06/2008, 11:19 PM
Chris Breen going to you this week with one of your lads coming our way?

Alan Moore is supposed to have gone from the club. Might be him going too ye.

sligoman
28/06/2008, 11:20 PM
if so has he been released or are we getting money from the team who sign him too ?Moore was released.

sligofan4ever
28/06/2008, 11:23 PM
Moore was released.

Apparently because hes too expensive too play ?

Only1Rovers
28/06/2008, 11:31 PM
Apparently because hes too expensive too play ?

No loss in my opinion.

sligoman
28/06/2008, 11:32 PM
Apparently because hes too expensive too play ?I'd imagine it was a big factor in the decision yeah. Too expensive to bring on for a few minutes.

Anto next to leave I'd say.

sligofan4ever
28/06/2008, 11:33 PM
I'd imagine it was a big factor in the decision yeah. Too expensive to bring on for a few minutes.

Keith O Dwyer said he was supposed to be part of a swap deal to Bohs (we wold get Turner for Anto) but he said it dosent look likely considering our current financial situation.

sligored
28/06/2008, 11:36 PM
I'd imagine it was a big factor in the decision yeah. Too expensive to bring on for a few minutes.

Anto is a first team player and will not be released under any circumstances.

if we get a good offer that is another story.

Only1Rovers
28/06/2008, 11:40 PM
Keith O Dwyer said he was supposed to be part of a swap deal to Bohs (we wold get Turner for Anto) but he said it dosent look likely considering our current financial situation.

we dont have the money to pay Turners wages. He wont be playing in a Rovers jersey anytime soon,

sligofan4ever
28/06/2008, 11:43 PM
we dont have the money to pay Turners wages. He wont be playing in a Rovers jersey anytime soon,

Thats why the deals not going through I think. But i'd love to keep Anto for the rest of the season considering the form he's in all season with us.

sligoman
28/06/2008, 11:44 PM
Anto is a first team player and will not be released under any circumstances.

if we get a good offer that is another story.Not saying he's being released, just that he will be leaving. Whether that's a swap deal/transfer fee I don't know.

sligored
28/06/2008, 11:51 PM
Not saying he's being released, just that he will be leaving. Whether that's a swap deal/transfer fee I don't know.

i have been speaking to anto quite a lot recently and he loves rovers and does not want to leave - if cookie thinks that it is for the betterment of the team, i can accept it.
anto is what i call a real first team player - no b*ll**** - only 100%

sligofan4ever
28/06/2008, 11:54 PM
i have been speaking to anto quite a lot recently and he loves rovers and does not want to leave - if cookie thinks that it is for the betterment of the team, i can accept it.
anto is what i call a real first team player - no b*ll**** - only 100%

As much as everyone who supports Rovers, im sure Paul Cook would want to keep Anto. He's one of our key players especially going up front and can play anywhere across midfield and has an amazing throw. He even proved it after he set up Cretaro's goal against Galway earlier this season.

sligofan4ever
29/06/2008, 12:23 AM
How much are we getting for Faz ? is it the same offer as before the season started or have Drogs offered less this time for him ?

Only1Rovers
29/06/2008, 8:36 AM
How much are we getting for Faz ? is it the same offer as before the season started or have Drogs offered less this time for him ?

I don't think this will be disclosed. I doubt it's a whole lot anyway, probably not worth getting worked up about. You'll end up disappointed.

sligofan4ever
29/06/2008, 10:42 PM
Are we supposed to be signing Chris Breen from Finn Harps with one of our players going the other way ?

DmanDmythDledge
29/06/2008, 11:58 PM
I reckon Faz might prefer to be a big fish in a small pond...
Heard he would have gone to any of the other bigger clubs if they had had a bid accepted.

Red&White Rover
30/06/2008, 12:02 AM
Heard he would have gone to any of the other bigger clubs if they had had a bid accepted.

I worded that wrongly.

What I meant is, he will play better being the big fish rather than having to tussle for a starting place, and the like...

redobit
30/06/2008, 8:43 AM

20 grand, one third of the price at the start of the season. Not bad considering he can walk at the end of the sesaon nyway!

harps1954
30/06/2008, 8:57 AM
Are we supposed to be signing Chris Breen from Finn Harps with one of our players going the other way ?

Apparently so - McKenzie going to Harps.