PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Rumours/Suggestions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

CarrickFan
08/07/2009, 6:42 PM
Morrison has apparently put in a transfer request and Doc is as good as gone. I hope the new boys can do a job because if Morrison goes we're in big trouble.

Where did you hear about Morrison if you dont mind me asking??...wouldnt be a disaster if Doherty and Cash went but does that mean they didnt travel to Albania?

dong
08/07/2009, 9:35 PM
Disappointed if that's true about Morrison. Hardly a surprise though as he got constant abuse at home games. Fair enough he tried things that didn't always work out but the constant moaning of some is bound to be disheartening. We have no creativity coming from midfield if he goes and considering our league position it's worrying times now.

CarrickFan
08/07/2009, 10:02 PM
Disappointed if that's true about Morrison. Hardly a surprise though as he got constant abuse at home games. Fair enough he tried things that didn't always work out but the constant moaning of some is bound to be disheartening. We have no creativity coming from midfield if he goes and considering our league position it's worrying times now.

spot on...i normally stand behind the goals but sometimes sit in the main stand as i obviously had to for the European match and also did for the Drogs match and the level of abuse at times is crazy and Morrison gets the brunt of it.. i dont know why some of these people come to matches..i've mentioned this before on another thread..it really amazes me..i have a 70mile round trip to the Showgrounds but all i want to do is get behind the lads...if were not winning after 5 mins the abuse starts and of course the players hear it..one man at the end of the European match effed and blinded at the players as the headed for the tunnel..its not on..i have to say in my experience it's normally the eh more mature gentleman who does this..they should stay at home if this is their idea of "supporting" Sligo Rovers.

Shiba
08/07/2009, 10:37 PM
spot on...i normally stand behind the goals but sometimes sit in the main stand as i obviously had to for the European match and also did for the Drogs match and the level of abuse at times is crazy and Morrison gets the brunt of it.. i dont know why some of these people come to matches..i've mentioned this before on another thread..it really amazes me..i have a 70mile round trip to the Showgrounds but all i want to do is get behind the lads...if were not winning after 5 mins the abuse starts and of course the players hear it..one man at the end of the European match effed and blinded at the players as the headed for the tunnel..its not on..i have to say in my experience it's normally the eh more mature gentleman who does this..they should stay at home if this is their idea of "supporting" Sligo Rovers.

Totally agree

gustavo
08/07/2009, 10:38 PM

Some of these people in the main stand are idiots

If the ball gets played out of defence they're moaning cos the ball isn't being getting played forward quick enough and if the defender plays it forward long and it goes wrong he gets abuse for being a bad passer

They seem to like the player who runs around like a headless chicken rather than a player who uses skill

sligofan4ever
09/07/2009, 12:50 AM
Some of these people in the main stand are idiots

If the ball gets played out of defence they're moaning cos the ball isn't being getting played forward quick enough and if the defender plays it forward long and it goes wrong he gets abuse for being a bad passer

They seem to like the player who runs around like a headless chicken rather than a player who uses skill

So true, some of these people just seem to use any chance they get to criticise a player unless its someone like Raff, but every club has thier scapegoat, I sit in the red stand, but players can only go and give a good performance with the crowd backing them, these people are literally right across from those of you who sing the many songs of the club, and and put alot of time and effort into the displays ye set up before the game. Some of these people could take a note or two from ye and cheer on the players throughout the game instead of criticising players throughout.

Mayo Red
09/07/2009, 9:16 AM
Totally agree with the last few posts. I nearly always sit in the main stand and it's the same at every game.

neutrino
09/07/2009, 12:55 PM
Totally agree with the last few posts. I nearly always sit in the main stand and it's the same at every game.

There's always a contingent of moaners in the stand that dont seem to watch rovers too much and always give out. mostly middle aged ones who probably dont know any different way of supporting.

there was lads behind us in the red stand on thursday. they reckoned before the match we'd win ten nil cos' "them fellas cant be any use coming from beyont" - about 25 mins in, one of em said "jays lads we'd want to be scoring now and every 10mins after that to get the ten" - i didnt know wheter to laugh or cry

oldrover
09/07/2009, 9:28 PM
I am a middle aged supporter but agree fully with the comments about the moaning and negative attitude. We need vocal and loyal support at all times but especially when we are under pressure (which is most of the time) Morrisson, who imo is a good footballer or any others who don the bit of red need encouragement.It does no good to the cause to hurl abuse at our own team and we should build a reputation as real true and loyal supporters.It is great to see the effort with flags,colours and singing ...we need more of this...

forza rovers
11/07/2009, 8:32 AM
not a rumour but fact doc is gone today

sligofan4ever
15/07/2009, 5:50 PM
Does anyone know what the story with Dean Marshall and Darren Meenan is ? They were on trial but havent heard anything about them since.

MMVIII
16/07/2009, 1:33 AM
Supposedly we've signed Eoin Doyle from Shams tonight.

According to Shams supporters he's shown great potential and has the makings of a quality player. Hopefully this is true. He's a striker btw.

Rovers Maniac
16/07/2009, 7:22 AM
Words fail me ! Why have we signed another forward? I heard this may come about last week alright but i thought after Sunday if we could only bring in 2 players another forward would not be one of them. After Sunday a centre half should have been priority.

Edit: Meant to have signed Karl Coleman on loan as well according to Shams fans on their forum. He is a keeper.

showgies
16/07/2009, 7:45 AM
Supposedly we've signed Eoin Doyle from Shams tonight.

According to Shams supporters he's shown great potential and has the makings of a quality player. Hopefully this is true. He's a striker btw.

Is he the ginger-headed lad who scored against us last season (I think)

Rovers Maniac
16/07/2009, 9:43 AM

Spot on, scored a fine goal against when we beat them 2-1

srfc1928
16/07/2009, 12:35 PM
Words fail me ! Why have we signed another forward? I heard this may come about last week alright but i thought after Sunday if we could only bring in 2 players another forward would not be one of them. After Sunday a centre half should have been priority.

Edit: Meant to have signed Karl Coleman on loan as well according to Shams fans on their forum. He is a keeper.
A striker and a goalkeeper :confused:
Seems to me we sign players if they are decent and are willing to sign for us, it doesnt seem to matter what position they play even though we are crying out for certain types of players.
We now have 4 goalkeepers at the club and no centre halves - great

Rovers1
16/07/2009, 12:49 PM

Yeah, think he's a winger, handy little player too. Don't see why,if true, we're signing another Keeper:confused:

red bellied
16/07/2009, 12:56 PM
Yeah, think he's a winger, handy little player too. Don't see why,if true, we're signing another Keeper:confused:

May be the keeper is a centre half in disguise.

kkontour
16/07/2009, 12:59 PM
Maybe none of its true,
it is a Rumours/Suggestions thread.
Posts on this forum have been wrong before.

Jeebus
16/07/2009, 1:04 PM
Maybe none of its true,
it is a Rumours/Suggestions thread.
Posts on this forum have been wrong before.

Thats just a disgraceful comment. I was the first to break the Xano story on here, see how right that story was??!! :D :p

Rovers1
16/07/2009, 1:13 PM
Thats just a disgraceful comment. I was the first to break the Xano story on here, see how right that story was??!! :D :p

:confused:

Sure he's been banging in the goals for the A Team!

Shedzer
16/07/2009, 1:25 PM
If these signing were true,it would not be all that bad as we could play raf and boco both in deeper positions.. And both would strengthen the areas in which we have been struggling lately..

sligofan4ever
16/07/2009, 1:37 PM
Wouldnt mind seeing Another striker/Winger for now anways, it gives Boco a chance to drop into CB for tomorrow's game.

akearins
16/07/2009, 2:21 PM
Rovers signes Owen Doyle from Shams and Jo kendrick

red bellied
16/07/2009, 2:24 PM
Will Kendrick be playing tomorrow?

sligofan4ever
16/07/2009, 2:27 PM
Joe kendrick, really ? good to see we've another defender in, and a defender proven as a great LoI defender too.

brianw82
16/07/2009, 2:36 PM
Kendrick is a great signing, if true. Maybe then we can get rid of Holmes.

sligofan4ever
16/07/2009, 2:38 PM
Kendrick is a great signing, if true. Maybe then we can get rid of Holmes.

Holmes may not be the type of player we want, but we need as many defenders as possible at the minute.

akearins
16/07/2009, 2:53 PM
Kendrick can play left mid or left full doyle up front or midfield.
Really cant understand some lads on this forum, we have thread bare squad and complaining that we sign anyone.Do you think Cookie is slow or something, all boils down to money prime example Pats offer 3 players cheapest €2k per week, hes scourring the league for players to strenthen the squad but comes down to the green.Good signings.
This gives us an attacking option Boco to right side Mid or right full/kendrick left side, Morrison impact player from the bench.At last wingers to compliment Raf and Blinkhorn up front.
For sat agaisnt shams can see Boco Right full - Kendrick Left and Keane and Holmes centre.

dong
16/07/2009, 2:54 PM
I like Kendrick. He's a good, tough defender. Exactly what we need.
Slightly off topic but have we got rid of anyone yet to free up some cash for these guys' wages?
I smell a massive financial crisis in the making.

sligofan4ever
16/07/2009, 2:56 PM
I like Kendrick. He's a good, tough defender. Exactly what we need.
Slightly off topic but have we got rid of anyone yet to free up some cash for these guys' wages?
I smell a massive financial crisis in the making.

Cook said in The Champion no one else is going for now anyways or something along those lines. I dont think we can afford to lose any more players at the minute tbh.

dong
16/07/2009, 2:57 PM
Really cant understand some lads on this forum, we have thread bare squad and complaining that we sign anyone.Do you think Cookie is slow or something, all boils down to money prime example Pats offer 3 players cheapest €2k per week, hes scourring the league for players to strenthen the squad but comes down to the green.Good signings.
This gives us an attacking option Boco to right side Mid or right full/kendrick left side, Morrison impact player from the bench.At last wingers to compliment Raf and Blinkhorn up front.
For sat agaisnt shams can see Boco Right full - Kendrick Left and Keane and Holmes centre.
I remember seeing Kendrick play at centre half against us last season. Almost sure of that Alan.
I'd see him as a better option there than Shaun Holmes.

Rovers fan
16/07/2009, 2:59 PM
I remember seeing Kendrick play at centre half against us last season. Almost sure of that Alan.
I'd see him as a better option there than Shaun Holmes.

Yeah, defo agree there. I would have put his second position as centre half. Great signing:)

sligoman
16/07/2009, 3:32 PM
Slightly off topic but have we got rid of anyone yet to free up some cash for these guys' wages?I assume Mauro and Doherty were on big money...

Kendrick's a decent signing, Doyle should be too.

Rovers1
16/07/2009, 3:43 PM
2 good signings IMO. Thought the arrival of Doyle would spell the end of Cash though.

rob mcdonald
16/07/2009, 6:38 PM
Kendrick was one of the best players in the drogheda side couple of years back went to asia when the melt down started up there, class act as for Doyle wait and see. By the way lay off Shaun Holmes, not easy having a poor run of form in a team low on confidence. Put up with Sean Doherty for long enough at least Holmes makes an effort.....

dong
16/07/2009, 10:24 PM
2 good signings IMO. Thought the arrival of Doyle would spell the end of Cash though.
I think he's had his time anyways. He's been one of our worst players all season and most of last season. He usually looks like he could do with a change of scene and maybe now he'll get it.

Shiba
16/07/2009, 10:31 PM
You know finding the post very amusing! Earlier in this thread I read of people giving out about people in main stand that they are very abusive towards the players well certain ones anyway and that they should be getting behind the team.Go down the threads these same people who are giving out are now running down Shaun Holmes.Brian Cash etc.Lads its simple you get what you pay for and these lads try their best.

Just another point on finances! I have been making the point to people all season that in my opinion that we would never be in contention for the league so I think that there was a decision to start with a weaker side in reverse of last year to aviod the same fiasco as last season where we released players,this year we might sign players to give us a stronger team for last part of season and compete for the cup competions FAI ,League and Setanta which we will have a more realistic chance of competeing in.

srfc1928
16/07/2009, 11:19 PM
Im not complaining about signing players, i wish we could sign 10.
but we know that cant happen for obvious reasons.
But i have to admit when i read the posts about us signing another striker and a goalkeeper i was a little bit disapointed.
I was kinda hoping it would be a central defender and a central midfielder as this is where we seem to be the weakest,
and im sure Paul would have cover for these positions in the morning had he the money,

As for thinking Paul Cook is slow, I think he has done a fantastic job on limited resources (i posted this a couple of weeks ago in the cork thread)
As always im 100% behind the club and PC (he is a little bit thick though :D)

Redie
17/07/2009, 9:08 AM

Why? Is he that expensive?:D

Rovers Maniac
17/07/2009, 9:43 AM

To be honest i'm not annoyed we are signing players far from it, but the thing is we are going to be back chatting about our defence and midfield again and again this season as these still appear at this moment and time to be our problem areas. So i found it a little frustrating that we have brought in so many forwards, but in Cookie we trust and he has doen a very good job up until this and hopefully we can have a better second half of the season esp injury wise.

By the way is there any update on Gavin pears scan or how it was meant to go?

sligofan4ever
17/07/2009, 9:49 AM
To be honest i'm not annoyed we are signing players far from it, but the thing is we are going to be back chatting about our defence and midfield again and again this season as these still appear at this moment and time to be our problem areas. So i found it a little frustrating that we have brought in so many forwards, but in Cookie we trust and he has doen a very good job up until this and hopefully we can have a better second half of the season esp injury wise.

By the way is there any update on Gavin pears scan or how it was meant to go?

i dont mind that we signed a few forwards to be honest, it gives us some natural strikers, gives Boco the chance to move to out the the wing or full-back and Eoin Doyle may be a replacement for Doherty. Anyone reckon Cretaro should stay up front or play in midfield even with the amount of goals hes scored this season ?

Rovers Maniac
17/07/2009, 9:58 AM
i dont mind that we signed a few forwards to be honest, it gives us some natural strikers, gives Boco the chance to move to out the the wing or full-back and Eoin Doyle may be a replacement for Doherty. Anyone reckon Cretaro should stay up front or play in midfield even with the amount of goals hes scored this season ?

I think Cretaro is a much better player since going up front, it will be great when we have a full side again to see the competition for places. I would rather see Boco right hand side of midfield than up front as i think he offers us much more in that position, although he is quality full back.

Redie
17/07/2009, 10:39 AM
I think Cretaro is a much better player since going up front, it will be great when we have a full side again to see the competition for places. I would rather see Boco right hand side of midfield than up front as i think he offers us much more in that position, although he is quality full back.

Raf really has to stay up front as he is scoring regularly and I actually think we should play Boco in the centre of midfield as he might be better at creating chances for the front two.

sligofan4ever
17/07/2009, 10:40 AM

Boco seems to fit into any position really, striker,winger full back and even as redie said, in the centre.

kkontour
17/07/2009, 11:41 AM
I think Raf will be even better up front with a target man to hold the ball up.

sligofan4ever
17/07/2009, 1:10 PM
Thu, Jul 16 2009 Sligo Rovers today added Joe Kendrick and Eoin Doyle to the fold at the Showgrounds, while Seán Doherty has departed from the team.

The release of Doherty and his former team-mate Almeida have freed the wage bill at the North Western side for the new signings, who accompany fellow newcomers Rob Turner, Dean Marshall and Matthew Blinkhorn.

The arrival of the former Drogheda player Kendrick in particular will be seen as a massive boost to the Bit O'Red, as he will slot straight into the Sligo defence and Sligo fans will hope that he can provide some much-needed stability to an otherwise shaky unit.

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/2174/

This is the only place I seen the signings confirmed, didnt know Marshall had signed yet, not much mentioned on him.

Rory H
17/07/2009, 3:26 PM
there's no source on that either.

celticV3
17/07/2009, 5:02 PM
there's no source on that either.
Are you calling brewer a liar?:eek:

Rory H
17/07/2009, 5:03 PM
They've signed, just no official confirmation.