PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Rumours/Suggestions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

Redzer
16/12/2009, 2:25 PM
He's playing for nobody

he was offered more or less nothing from rovers

The same as he gave Rovers last season, so.

Martinho II
16/12/2009, 6:17 PM
Gerry Carr in for Longford job?

dont know where you heard the rumour from but TC is our new man now! or Tony Cousins!

Only1Rovers
16/12/2009, 9:49 PM
Gerry Carr in for Longford job?

dont know where you heard the rumour from but TC is our new man now! or Tony Cousins!

Maybe it should have read
Gerry Carr in Longford for a job

Guts&Glory
17/12/2009, 1:00 PM
He's playing for nobody

he was offered more or less nothing from rovers

Where are all those lads (you know who you are!!) that were exclaiming we had to stand by Butler last season - whilst letting other players go/shifting them on - even though they were also on contracts but could actually play for the club. Oh when Butler comes back he will be great - me b*(&^%$#.

Oh and those that came up with what they perceived as being funny little ditty on drink driving for Chris - they obviously have never been at the scene of a drink driving accident or A and E after such an accident or had a family/friend injured or killed as a result of such an accident as if they had they would not see the supposed funny side.

For God's sake will ye think about that this Christmas if anyone is considering taking the car keys after a few drinks - don't do it.

Nice to see loyalty from the club and those fans who backed Chris (not I) repaid in spades - NOT.

redobit
17/12/2009, 1:14 PM
Where are all those lads (you know who you are!!) that were exclaiming we had to stand by Butler last season - whilst letting other players go/shifting them on - even though they were also on contracts but could actually play for the club. Oh when Butler comes back he will be great - me b*(&^%$#.

1. The drink driving was never proved and no charges were brought.
2. Other players that left under contract did so because a mutial agreement between the club and the individual player was agreed.
3. Similar to Cashie, the player didnt want to leave and was under contract so was kept on.

If he has left, its a dirty fu**in act and probably tells us more about how bad he himself thinks his injury actually is, then what we are hearing, if he was fully fit and though he could last a season he would take a pay-per-play contract.

tjay
17/12/2009, 2:16 PM
I can't set up a new thread on this as i am only a new member, but I don't see any body talking about approaching local players from the Sligo/Leitrim, Mayo league, Donegal league and more players from the Sligo IT team. Is there anyone from the club looking for local talent that could help boost the squad at low cost.

Redzer
17/12/2009, 2:40 PM
If he has left, its a dirty fu**in act and probably tells us more about how bad he himself thinks his injury actually is, then what we are hearing, if he was fully fit and though he could last a season he would take a pay-per-play contract.
Are you for real? The club hardly relies on how bad or good "HE HIMSELF THINKS HIS INJURY IS"
I'm sure they have up to date medical reports. IF those reports suggest he is suspect, then they were right to offer him a pay-per-play option.
If he turned that offer down, it's because he see's the gravy train pulling out:(

MMVIII
17/12/2009, 3:35 PM
In fairness to Butler, he has a young son in England and only get's to see him every couple of months. It's not as easy as "he just fecked off back to England the ungrateful ****".

Bare that in mind when going off calling him for all the ***** in the world

Roo69
17/12/2009, 9:42 PM
Gary McCabe confirmed signing as of about an hour ago. Hope he does well for you, very decent and tricky player on form.

sligofan4ever
17/12/2009, 10:11 PM
Gary McCabe confirmed signing as of about an hour ago. Hope he does well for you, very decent and tricky player on form.

Cheers for confirming it Roo. As with every new player, I hope he does well, always stood out head and shoulders above the rest for Bray this season, and looked decent since getting first team action with Bray. Is their any link where it has been confirmed ?

CF1989
17/12/2009, 10:39 PM
Butler wants to stay.

he cant live off a couple of hundred euro a week. he has a child to support. bottom line is he wants to stay with us, so until ye know the full story ont bother coming on bad mouthing him. he's been training harder than any player all season to get back to fitness, he could have played reserve games for the last few weeks of the season but the club didnt register him

Well Red
18/12/2009, 11:39 AM
Butler wants to stay.

he cant live off a couple of hundred euro a week. he has a child to support. bottom line is he wants to stay with us, so until ye know the full story ont bother coming on bad mouthing him. he's been training harder than any player all season to get back to fitness, he could have played reserve games for the last few weeks of the season but the club didnt register him

Thanks CF for saving the poor guy more abuse

forza rovers
18/12/2009, 3:04 PM

Oh and those that came up with what they perceived as being funny little ditty on drink driving for Chris - they obviously have never been at the scene of a drink driving accident or A and E after such an accident or had a family/friend injured or killed as a result of such an accident as if they had they would not see the supposed funny side.

For God's sake will ye think about that this Christmas if anyone is considering taking the car keys after a few drinks - don't do it.

Nice to see loyalty from the club and those fans who backed Chris (not I) repaid in spades - NOT.you should be ashamed of your self saying he does not care about the club,the lad has a child that he gets to see a couple of times a year that's not easy on any person.He has worked his socks off so he can get back to fitness.

sligo23
18/12/2009, 6:32 PM
Personally, if its true, I think its a disgrace that Butler was only offered a pay per play contract. The man has a son to support and depends on football as his only income. What if he picked up a injury during the season and missed 2 or 3 games?? He'd have no income for weeks. Ya can't honestly expect someone in Butlers position to accept that. Feel sorry for him as the club have put him in an awful position. Assuming what has been said is true of course.

sligo23
18/12/2009, 8:33 PM
Lets just pay players by how many kids they have.
So you think the club were right in offering him that contract?:confused:

roversforever
18/12/2009, 10:39 PM

Yeah,why not?At least until he's proven he can play.We owe this guy nothing,we've already stood by him for a year when he didn't play a single game.If he can prove he's over his injury then improve his contract.Wheather he has kids or not is irrelevant,of course i feel sorry for him but sligo rovers have to think as a business.Money is scarce enough,we can't afford to making decisions because of players personal circumstances.As i said let him play on pay per play until we've seen he's over the injury and then review the situation.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
19/12/2009, 3:57 AM

Why not? He hasn't kicked a ball in a year and during which time the club, like every other, is struggling for money they stood by him after he had his car accident. He can't question Rovers over whether they want him or not after all of that. It's up to him to prove if he's good enough and/or fit enough then

rovers100%
19/12/2009, 10:52 AM
i can see both sides of the arguement, we spent enought time, commitment, funds and energy on him last year we have to follow it through or it was all for nothing but even he himself should be glad of any sort of a contract after we stood by him, and all this bull about nothing proven about his accicent. wake up we all know what happened and no one can stand by and say ha ha it was just a bit of fun. it was a stupid act in which could have caused hurt to innocent people
. he should be offered a monthly contract and he should be happy to take it. the club stood by him all last year and took a chance on him, now its time for him to take a chance with a part time contract with us. if he believes in his abilities and thinks he is back to his best he should have no problem accepting a monthy contract !!!

red bellied
19/12/2009, 11:15 AM
Ciaran Martyn rumoured to be a possible signing.

unclekev
19/12/2009, 2:49 PM
The way the FAI contracts are, there is no such thing as a month to month or a pay as you play I believe. From what Im told Chris's professional registration was cancelled at the end of season 08 but he remained employed by the Club at a good wage during the close season and last season. He was not fit at the last window so was not registered but the Club remained loyal. He was made an offer for this year on a similar basis but refused it on the basis that he wanted a full pro highly paid contract. Don't think the Club were prepared to take a chance until he proved his fitness.

avvenalaf
19/12/2009, 4:17 PM
The way the FAI contracts are, there is no such thing as a month to month or a pay as you play I believe. From what Im told Chris's professional registration was cancelled at the end of season 08 but he remained employed by the Club at a good wage during the close season and last season. He was not fit at the last window so was not registered but the Club remained loyal. He was made an offer for this year on a similar basis but refused it on the basis that he wanted a full pro highly paid contract. Don't think the Club were prepared to take a chance until he proved his fitness.

We're ejits but we're not complete ******es altogether. Get real

sligofan4ever
23/12/2009, 4:16 PM
Murphy,Murray and Harris linked with Rovers in The Champion. Murray and Harris are ****e

Danny Murphy ?

Wouldn't mind seeing him join, decent defender. Harris was good in 2008, but hasn't been as good last year.

sligofan4ever
23/12/2009, 4:23 PM
Jim Flanagan joins Liverpool :eek: (http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/newsletter/allred-christmas/index.php3?surname=Jim%20Flanagan)

avvenalaf
23/12/2009, 6:09 PM
Murphy,Murray and Harris linked with Rovers in The Champion. Murray and Harris are ****e

A.Dolan, you wouldn't listen to me when I warned you about Fingal in the final so you'll hardly listen to me now but for what it's worth, if we sign Dan Murray, the team that finishes above us will win the league.

MMVIII
23/12/2009, 6:10 PM
Danny Murphy ?

Wouldn't mind seeing him join, decent defender. Harris was good in 2008, but hasn't been as good last year.

Decent defender?

IMO, one of the best, if not the best on his day in the left back position.

SligoBrewer
23/12/2009, 6:18 PM
Murray and Peers centre of defence? There won't be a goal conceded all season as long as Pat Jennings isn't in goals.

red arrow
23/12/2009, 6:25 PM
gunther goswallop has being mentioned again. cook is bringing him over in the new year. i was probably premature with my anticipation of him making an apperance last season. but from my very good source there is no doubt that he will be with the rovers next season. he scored 45 goals for harrow town in the diamond blue north league last season and he can fairly wallop the ball !

sligoman
23/12/2009, 6:50 PM
Brush has re-signed.

SligoBrewer
23/12/2009, 6:51 PM
Class news.

red arrow
23/12/2009, 7:01 PM
just got news that "brushie "signed. delighted to hear. we are putting some nice pieces of the jigsaw puzzle in place.

sligofan4ever
23/12/2009, 7:20 PM
Brilliant news. I'm liking the look of the team. Being linked with Murphy, I wonder does this mean Butler may not be here next season, or just as cover even ?

Mayo Red
23/12/2009, 9:04 PM
Great news on Brushie signing again for next season. Being linked with Danny Murphy and Dan Murray isn't bad either, they're both quality! Murray scores a few goals too!

dublinred
23/12/2009, 10:51 PM

Murphy is ok but think he is suspended for first 7 games , Murray is class , don't know much about harris but apparently Cork players were left high and dry for wages again 2 days before Xmas so expect a big exodus from there , thought it was a **** take at first but apparently Shoddy is appointed as Cork new boss god help them.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
24/12/2009, 10:49 AM
We have a beter chance coming second with the 7 or 8 players we have now. We can easily come second with Keane and Peers, Murray IS a very poor defender,he's strong and he hoofs all day long, that should be his epitaph

Baffled how anyone can come on and say Murray is a very poor defender. One of the best defenders in the league for the past few seasons. The equaliser wouldn't have happened in the cup final if it had been him involved and not Keane

avvenalaf
24/12/2009, 11:43 AM

sligofan4ever
24/12/2009, 12:41 PM
Im amazed how you know that, my theory is that we wouldnt be in the cup final if Murray was in our team

So your theory is that we wouldn't have gotten to the final with a BETTER defender in our team ?

sligored
24/12/2009, 7:54 PM
mcgowan dundalk - supposed to be signing for us

SligoBrewer
24/12/2009, 8:05 PM
Good midfielder. Not sure where he'll fit in with Turner, COG and Edison Arantes do Nascimento already marshaling the centre of midfield unless Cook sees him as winger.

srfc1928
24/12/2009, 8:21 PM
Good midfielder. Not sure where he'll fit in with Turner, COG and Edison Arantes do Nascimento already marshaling the centre of midfield unless Cook sees him as winger.
McGowan is a defender ?
He was excellent against us in Oriel in the 2-2 game

CF1989
24/12/2009, 8:55 PM

that'd be a great signing

Dillonman
24/12/2009, 10:36 PM

Where did you hear this man?

SligoBrewer
25/12/2009, 12:10 AM
McGowan is a defender ?
He was excellent against us in Oriel in the 2-2 game

:o:o:o

CF1989
25/12/2009, 1:19 AM
he was a left winger converted to centre half after they had 3 sent off...played well that night, also scored goal of the season from the halfway line v derry on the last day

Dillonman
25/12/2009, 8:19 AM
Hes a full back or winger. He played left wing for us mostly and can also play on the right hand side. Huge bloody coup for ye if ye manage to steal him along with Turner! Where did this start up anyways?

SRFCbrothelutd
25/12/2009, 11:16 AM
Meenan & Marshall also resigned. Coming together nicely. Not likely that were going to get Murphy or Murray!

villarover
28/12/2009, 9:01 PM
If we were going to sign a Dundalk defender i wouldnt mind liam burns back. Has lost some pace but still very good at reading the game.

Guts&Glory
29/12/2009, 8:22 PM
If we were going to sign a Dundalk defender i wouldnt mind liam burns back. Has lost some pace but still very good at reading the game.

Liam had pace when he was with us before??!!

MMVIII
29/12/2009, 9:08 PM
Liam had pace when he was with us before??!!

Just about to say the same thing :p

Red Soldier
29/12/2009, 10:58 PM
Did anyone see the interview on the african nations cup with unattached Benin striker "Frank Clarke" in this months 442. The accompanying picture is Boco so it looks like 442 forgot his name!

Martinho II
31/12/2009, 1:26 PM
Did anyone see the interview on the african nations cup with unattached Benin striker "Frank Clarke" in this months 442. The accompanying picture is Boco so it looks like 442 forgot his name!

I remember reading the interview in it but it never registered with me.. I better get the mag out again and look at Boco again!