PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Rumours/Suggestions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

sligofan4ever
05/06/2008, 7:28 PM
yes..

I only seen him in one match was he good ? hope if he get him he'll be a better cover than PJ.

red arrow
05/06/2008, 7:29 PM
there is every possibility that "daz" will be back with rovers. his biggest fear is the reaction that he will get from the crowd. he wants to play football and if cookie decides to bring him back we should welcome him with open arms. good strikers are hard got and ok maybe there was a bit of sourness when he went to bohs but these things happen and things move on. with "faz " going we will need a striker badly. you can take it from me that "daz" is on rovers wanted list. if he starts playing well and scoring goals we will all love him. so if he does decide to come back those who are giving out (the minority) please stop and encourage him and make him feel welcome as the majority of people will anyway. we need good players and he has in the past alwys worked his socks off. i would be delighted to see him back. priority is we need
a striker.

Red&White Rover
05/06/2008, 7:32 PM
I won't forget his amnition "to return to play in England after Rovers". :(

sligofan4ever
05/06/2008, 7:34 PM
there is every possibility that "daz" will be back with rovers. his biggest fear is the reaction that he will get from the crowd. he wants to play football and if cookie decides to bring him back we should welcome him with open arms. good strikers are hard got and ok maybe there was a bit of sourness when he went to bohs but these things happen and things move on. with "faz " going we will need a striker badly. you can take it from me that "daz" is on rovers wanted list. if he starts playing well and scoring goals we will all love him. so if he does decide to come back those who are giving out (the minority) please stop and encourage him and make him feel welcome as the majority of people will anyway. we need good players and he has in the past alwys worked his socks off. i would be delighted to see him back. priority is we need
a striker.

I've my ups and downs about him he didnt get enough goals from a striker than you would expect but id like too see him back and scoring goals Judge came back after a month or two and turned into a goal machine if "Daz" can do that i'd be happy too see him back.

Red4Eva
05/06/2008, 7:53 PM
mansaram was even trying to rise us last week and liam o'brien had to drag him into the tunnell. he's a f***in useless clumsy w***** and i'd hate to see him back at rovers

plus he's not well liked by at least 1 player at the club

DonalE
05/06/2008, 7:59 PM
mansaram was even trying to rise us last week and liam o'brien had to drag him into the tunnell. he's a f***in clumsy w***er and i'd hate to see him back at rovers

So you don't call him "God" anymore I take it? :D

When was he trying to rise our fans? I noticed at the end he applauded our fans and thought it was strange but if what red arrow says is true then it would make more sense.

He'd have to score a lot of goals to regain any respect

DocRovers
05/06/2008, 8:10 PM
We need a man to hold the ball up & link play. The ball is coming back like a tennis ball. We have nobody to hold it up & let our midfielders get up to support. Darren would do this & we need that a lot more than Chris Turner (who I would also like to see back). Last year I thought that our fans gave Darren an awful reception & abuse - I dont think anyone shoulkd have to tolerate. Personally I think he answered us with two good displays & fair play to him. The whole way in which a lot of things happened at the end of the SC era were'nt ideal but we should move on... Certainly expletives & the like aimed at potential signings are not helping.

DonalE
05/06/2008, 8:53 PM
Certainly expletives & the like aimed at potential signings are not helping.

So should we never give an opposition player a bit of stick in case somewhere down the line there's talk on an internet forum of him signing?

DocRovers
05/06/2008, 10:12 PM
Personally not a fan of giving stick, prefer to concentrate on our team - apathy towards the opposition usually a better ploy. But I did think some of the stuff directed at Darren last season was over the top & did'nt reflect well on the club. I certainly would'nt sacrifice strenghtening the team because the player left us in times past & we were disappointed.

Rovers fan
05/06/2008, 10:22 PM
Personally I'd be happy to have daz back.I know he left is on bitter terms but he is exactly the type of player we need.we all know that we need someone to hold the ball up,he will do this. People will forget(i hope) about what he did if he starts scoring. Its unlikely that we would get the oppertunity to get another striker like him.

deecay
05/06/2008, 10:25 PM
Good stricker,still hate him,wouldnt welcome him back

sligoman
05/06/2008, 10:26 PM
I'll always dislike him but he would definitely do a job for us. Won't welcome him back either but exactly type of player we need.

Rovers fan
05/06/2008, 10:32 PM
Say now he was the difference between us getting into europe and not,would you want him then? Surely we want what will make our team better?!

deecay
05/06/2008, 10:37 PM
But the disrespect he has shown to the fans and club,il never respect him,I hate him

sligoman
05/06/2008, 10:39 PM
But the disrespect he has shown to the fans and club,il never respect him,I hate himYou don't have to respect him. As long as he's scoring goals it won't matter. Rovers come first.

deecay
05/06/2008, 10:43 PM
You don't have to respect him. As long as he's scoring goals it won't matter. Rovers come first.
Im pretty sure Cook wont consult me if he trys to buy him so my opinion is matterless

sligoman
05/06/2008, 10:44 PM
Im pretty sure Cook wont consult me if he trys to buy himLuckily, considering you think Wesley Charles is better than McKenzie:eek:

deecay
05/06/2008, 10:45 PM
Luckily, considering you think Wesley Charles is better than McKenzie:eek:
Ive seen alot of the two of them,Wes is beter imo

DocRovers
05/06/2008, 10:53 PM
Deecay, you are entitled to be disappointed with the way a lot of people behaved at the end of the SC era. But give them a chance, we dont know how or what was said. But if DM comes back works hard, puts in effort etc then he is showing you, me, all the supporters respect & hopefully we can move on. Do all our current players show respect for the Club?

Rovers fan
05/06/2008, 11:02 PM
Im pretty sure Cook wont consult me if he trys to buy him so my opinion is matterless

well red arrow said manseram's main fear is the fans won't accept him.who knows,maybe he is reading this and maybe your opinion might matter.

deecay
05/06/2008, 11:07 PM
well red arrow said manseram's main fear is the fans won't accept him.who knows,maybe he is reading this and maybe your opinion might matter.
Dont think he should be a professional footballer if one persons opinion on a internet forum keeps him away from the club.As ive stated he's a good stricker and beter than any we have now

Rovers fan
05/06/2008, 11:12 PM
beter than any we have now

he's not as good as faz or boco

sligofan4ever
05/06/2008, 11:17 PM
he's not as good as faz

With the exception of Faz he is better than all our other strikers you never know a mansaram - Boco partnership could work well. and id like too see Alvin Rouse back and end PJ's loan early hes not doing it for us he had his chance and he played horrible. And Alvin would be a good back up keeper.

sligoman
05/06/2008, 11:23 PM
he's not as good as fazI'd disagree with that, he'd also win headers, unlike Faz.

sligofan4ever
05/06/2008, 11:40 PM
I think the fact that Darren is a taller striker than the ones we have he'll come in handy at tryin too pop in a few goals from a header.

showgies
05/06/2008, 11:52 PM
a striker.

I would regard myself as an open minded and fair supporter of Sligo Rovers.

As much as I would welcome the addition of another striker, I cannot forget the manner in which Mr Mansaram left the club. His return would be akin to Sean Connor replacing Cookie.

Instead of playing for the club I love, Mr Mansaram and Mr Singh decided to watch their future club to be.

When Bohs first played Rovers, I booed him with all of my might, especially when he applauded the referees decision to award a penalty to Bohs. Any player with dignity would have remained anonymous in such situations especially returning to a club who rejuvenated a declining career in football.

I vote NO to Mansaram

sligofan4ever
05/06/2008, 11:57 PM
I would regard myself as an open minded and fair supporter of Sligo Rovers.

As much as I would welcome the addition of another striker, I cannot forget the manner in which Mr Mansaram left the club. His return would be akin to Sean Connor replacing Cookie.

Instead of playing for the club I love, Mr Mansaram and Mr Singh decided to watch their future club to be.

When Bohs first played Rovers, I booed him with all of my might, especially when he applauded the referees decision to award a penalty to Bohs. Any player with dignity would have remained anonymous in such situations especially returning to a club who rejuvenated a declining career in football.

I vote NO to Mansaram

As much as i agree with you I have to say what other strikers can we afford ? or even have a hope of getting ?

showgies
06/06/2008, 12:06 AM
As much as i agree with you I have to say what other strikers can we afford ? or even have a hope of getting ?

I don't know what we can afford? Can we afford Mr Manasram? If so, why did he leave in the first place?? And why are we a suitable club for him now?? :confused:

sligofan4ever
06/06/2008, 12:17 AM
I don't know what we can afford? Can we afford Mr Manasram? If so, why did he leave in the first place?? And why are we a suitable club for him now?? :confused:

its been said time and time again the reason he left got him the slack in the first place and it wouldnt be a happy return up north for the man.

showgies
06/06/2008, 12:22 AM
its been said time and time again the reason he left got him the slack in the first place and it wouldnt be a happy return up north for the man.

Grand! End of debate.

sligofan4ever
06/06/2008, 12:30 AM
Grand! End of debate.

could Eoin Doyle from Shamrock Rovers be a possibilty ? hes not a usual goalscorer for shamrock rovers.

showgies
06/06/2008, 12:39 AM
could Eoin Doyle from Shamrock Rovers be a possibilty ? hes not a usual goalscorer for shamrock rovers.

I know very little of this player only his sneaky goal against us this season. Purcell (Shams), McHugh (Derry) or Bates of Drogheda would be good signings in my opinion.

Realistically a swap of Faz for another striker would seem the best value.........if Cook decided that Mansaram is the player to swap, then that is his decision, uncomfortable as it may seem

sligofan4ever
06/06/2008, 12:43 AM
I know very little of this player only his sneaky goal against us this season. Purcell (Shams), McHugh (Derry) or Bates of Drogheda would be good signings in my opinion.

Realistically a swap of Faz for another striker would seem the best value.........if Cook decided that Mansaram is the player to swap, then that is his decision, uncomfortable as it may seem

I reckon if Faz does go ona swap the team who sign him will have to allow us to sign a good striker because Faz is a very good player and we should be able to get someone as good as him in return. as you said if he went to derry we could get mchugh in return.

Only1Rovers
06/06/2008, 9:53 AM
You're all nuts!!!! If Mansaran returns to the Showgrounds it would be a great move. This lark about him winding up the fans is ridicules.

He is a sound bloke and a good footballer, just the type of player we need, (big, awkward, can hold the ball up) and he's a proven goal scorer. As far as I'm concerned he is what our team is crying out for. Looking at the sexy "total football(ish)" style we are currently playing under Cook, we are the Arsenal of the Eircom League. Swashbuckling fullbacks and trying to walk the ball in and all that.... which is great to watch but sometimes route one is what's needed. A player like Darren would give us a badly needed alternative option when it comes to putting the 'pigs bladder' in the net!

The return of the the Mighty Daz should be welcomed with open arms particularly with the loss of a player such as Fantastic Faz.

How you can bare a grudge against a fellow for applauding a referees decision in favour of his team is beyond me. You're criticizing a bloke because he was playing the game. I too gave him a piece of my mind from the Tracey Ave Stand at the time, but soon got over it.

I''m also am a fan of Turner, i think he was and is a great midfielder, who's style is suited to the League and probably deserves to be playing at a higher level than where he currently is.

However, your all giving out about Daz, have ya'll forgotten that Mr Turner went-a-training with Boh's while still a Rovers player before his move to Dublin? It could be argued that Darren showed more honesty by not showing up for that Bray match.

Anyway, bring back Chrissy and we should all have a go at the Daz door-step challenge to see how we get on. Should we lose Faz and Murphy to Boh's, we could to a lot worse than Chris and Darren.

I reckon if Faz does go ona swap the team who sign him will have to allow us to sign a good striker because Faz is a very good player and we should be able to get someone as good as him in return.

Do you really?!?!?!?! It's only fair isn't it.

Boo_Boy
06/06/2008, 11:08 AM
The return of the the Mighty Daz should be welcomed with open arms particularly with the loss of a player such as Fantastic Faz.

I'd welcome him back, but hopefully he doesnt wear that terrible stud in his ear, it used to blind me from across the room at toffs:p

Red&White Rover
06/06/2008, 11:27 AM
Still annoy's me his "injury" and his subsequent trip to watch Bohs while still under contract here.

Whatever about his footballing credentials, I don't like the guy at all.

But as was said if Cookie wants him and see's him as doing a job, well can't veto it can we?

As unhappy as I would be in one regard, on another he'd be a decent addition to squad football wise.

sligored
06/06/2008, 12:03 PM
we cant afford to be cutting off our nose to spite our face

if cookie thinks mansaram will improve things, go get him

i for one am sick of matt judges efforts up front - a lack of ability i could understand but not even bothering to jump for high balls against jamie harris in the home pats match i cant accept. a jump would have made harris job more difficult even if matt did not win any headers.

give daz the benefit of the doubt that he was influenced by the poisoned dwarfs lies - he was getting the worst of abuse in the home bohs match last year.

sligofan4ever
06/06/2008, 12:07 PM
Still annoy's me his "injury" and his subsequent trip to watch Bohs while still under contract here.

Whatever about his footballing credentials, I don't like the guy at all.

But as was said if Cookie wants him and see's him as doing a job, well can't veto it can we?

As unhappy as I would be in one regard, on another he'd be a decent addition to squad football wise.

I would like too see Darren back as he would fill the void up front with effect as hes tall and strong, which means we have someone who can get up for high headers and someone who can challenge for the ball up front I just want too say too fans who dont want him back, that hes the best we will probably get at the minute. If we give him a good reception he could enjoy it here again.

Fivesilver
06/06/2008, 12:10 PM
I couldn't care less if he was Satan incarnate if he came back and got 15 goals between now and the end of the season. My only concern is whether he'd deliver - I thought he was good for Rovers, but not magnificent.

Ideally, we want a player who's another notch above what Faz and Judge produced last season - is Mansaram that player?

As regards his integrity, the one problem I'd have is that if he did start playing really well and banging in the goals to the point where our success really depends on him, and another club shows an interest, is he going to let everyone down again?

sligofan4ever
06/06/2008, 12:27 PM
we cant afford to be cutting off our nose to spite our face

if cookie thinks mansaram will improve things, go get him

i for one am sick of matt judges efforts up front - a lack of ability i could understand but not even bothering to jump for high balls against jamie harris in the home pats match i cant accept. a jump would have made harris job more difficult even if matt did not win any headers.

give daz the benefit of the doubt that he was influenced by the poisoned dwarfs lies - he was getting the worst of abuse in the home bohs match last year.

I agree about Faz and judge they both want to move to different clubs and they dont perform aswell as they should, but Faz acually puts in the effort but Judge however, has been simply awful. Pats are sopposed to be releasing 3 strikers we should wait and see who they are. hopefully 1 is a striker worth signing.

Red&White Rover
06/06/2008, 12:38 PM
In fairness to Judgey, it's not lack of ability, the guy just has zero confidence in himself at the minute.

sligored
06/06/2008, 1:20 PM
In fairness to Judgey, it's not lack of ability, the guy just has zero confidence in himself at the minute.

that should not stop him jumping for a header - he has to be 6 foot tall ffs
its not a matter of fairness - its for the common good of srfc

brianw82
06/06/2008, 1:48 PM
From eleven-a-side.com today:

Galway United Football Club has been forced to release six players from its first-team squad due to lower than projected revenue returns this season.

Goalkeeper Alvin Rouse, defenders John Lester and Wes Charles, midfielders Ciaran Foley and Daryl Robson and striker Stephen O’Flynn have all been informed that the will be released at the end of June.

Club chief executive officer Nick Leeson said: “It is with deep regret that we have had to take this course of action. It is absolutely no reflection on the individuals concerned but is driven purely by financial pressure.

“The club has suffered significantly in recent months from the general economic downturn that is affecting so many businesses throughout the country. Season ticket sales were down sharply, fundraising is behind target and advertising continues to sell poorly.

“In recent weeks falling gate receipts have added to the problem and prompted such action to ensure the long-term future of the football club.”

Wonder if any of these lads would be on for moving to the Showgrounds? Considering the general difficulty we have convincing east-coast players to move west, this could be a golden opportunity.

Only1Rovers
06/06/2008, 1:48 PM
Ideally, we want a player who's another notch above what Faz and Judge produced last season - is Mansaram that player?

Hold on.

All this talk about Mansaram stems from a swop with Bohs for Faz (and Murphy, hopefully no though).

Should it go through, it would be a situation where Rovers would have little choice in who comes the other way. We would have to accept what we're offered or just leave it.

I'm of the opinion that Faz will stay put until his contract expires and he''ll go for nothing and Rovers will receive nothing in return.

Red&White Rover
06/06/2008, 1:54 PM

Wonder if any of these lads would be on for moving to the Showgrounds? Considering the general difficulty we have convincing east-coast players to move west, this could be a golden opportunity.

Just have a look at the table and see where Galway are!:p

sligoman
06/06/2008, 2:53 PM
that should not stop him jumping for a header - he has to be 6 foot tall ffsand what's Faz's excuse for not jumping? Judge hasn't been given many starts this season to be fair, plus as has been said, he does have something personal going on at the moment, that's why he's (supposedly) leaving in the July window.

avvenalaf
06/06/2008, 4:10 PM

If you stuck the whole lot of them together, you wouldn't make one decent footballer.

DmanDmythDledge
06/06/2008, 4:13 PM
I highly doubt Mansaram will be going to Sligo. Very small chance of it happening but as things stand looks like he won't.

Rovers fan
06/06/2008, 4:58 PM
especially when he applauded the referees decision to award a penalty to Bohs. Any player with dignity would have remained anonymous in such situations especially returning to a club who rejuvenated a declining career in football.

I vote NO to Mansaram

think about it though,if you were being abused constantly obviously you would get a p1ssed of and more passionate. I know if I was him I would have also applauded the decision. In general(not you by the way) sligo rovers can be very fickle. I especially noticed this during the pats game,all was going well and we were supporting the team as best we could.Then after we conceded the second goal everybody randomly turned on the ref for NO reason.Think with your head lads(some of the time at least)

deecay
06/06/2008, 5:39 PM
Sorry but the Pats ref was a disgrace from the 1st minute