PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Rumours/Suggestions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

dublinred
14/01/2010, 3:59 PM
We signed Iarfoith Davoren from Galway United

Is he foreign or is it one of those wacky Irish names?

WoodquayBoy
14/01/2010, 4:07 PM
From Athlone, good player, gives everything in every game he plays, disappointed to see him go. Especially to you lot ;-0)

Redie
14/01/2010, 4:20 PM
xgfbbfh

gufc2000
14/01/2010, 4:55 PM
Just call him Iarla, its easier, believe me!

Boo_Boy
14/01/2010, 5:42 PM
disappointed to see him go. Especially to you lot ;-0)

Pity we cant say the same about Seanie ;).

Well Red
14/01/2010, 7:12 PM

It is a Jewish name,after all he is from Tullamore!

Boo_Boy
14/01/2010, 7:24 PM
Heard a rumour today that we were close to signing ifrailht davorrenn?? Just heard from a friend, not sure if he's that reliable though??

Also heard that joey ndo is basically signed and that daniel murray could still yet sign with peers going the other way?? Not too sure though, would love to get murray instead of peers though.

http://opieblue.typepad.com/my_weblog/images/gold_star.jpg

Fivesilver
14/01/2010, 8:34 PM
Fair play to Cooke. Not only has he got us a quality striker in Almond, he's managed to find a replacement for Bocco and put one over on Connors by signing Aeroflot Dervish.

RoversInn
14/01/2010, 8:40 PM
There has never been a Almond or Bocco associated with Sligo Rovers F.C

redbuli
14/01/2010, 8:42 PM
Fair play to Cooke. Not only has he got us a quality striker in Almond, he's managed to find a replacement for Bocco and put one over on Connors by signing Aeroflot Dervish.

he's a left back though afaik, still need a right back.. anyone know what happened with Faz, is it dead in the water?

presume we'll see the last flurry of signings in the next few weeks

happydays97
14/01/2010, 8:52 PM
Jason Noctor signed for Finn Harps

http://www.finnharps.com/News/100114ThreeSign.htm

avvenalaf
14/01/2010, 10:20 PM
There has never been a Almond or Bocco associated with Sligo Rovers F.C

Fivesilver, sometimes fellas like you and I just have to accept that we're wasting our time.

bingoballs
15/01/2010, 4:39 PM
Has Richie Ryan signed for us or is he gone?

CF1989
15/01/2010, 4:45 PM
think hes staying

rovers100%
15/01/2010, 4:49 PM
has he had his hip operation does anyone know

rovers100%
15/01/2010, 4:55 PM
ex everton player john paul kissock still without a club after hamilton released him. maybe with cook's connections he mite want a regular game. be a good signing for us.

Martinho II
15/01/2010, 7:40 PM
Davoren will do the bizz for ye lads.. Davoren had a great half season with us under Aaron Callaghan in 2008. he scored some scorchers for us.. The only reason he left us was cos he couldnt commit to travellin from Galway..Low and behold a few weeks later he resurfaced at Galway Utd... I assume he will play in the Setanta Cup???

sligoman
17/01/2010, 2:29 PM
PORT TALBOT 2 (McCREESH 17, HOLLAND 86)
RHYL 1 (TURNER 58)

Despite Rob Turner's equaliser on his Rhyl debut, the hosts were still able to claim all three points with a goal four minutes from time.

http://www.rhylfc.com/

RoversInn
17/01/2010, 5:47 PM
PORT TALBOT 2 (McCREESH 17, HOLLAND 86)
RHYL 1 (TURNER 58)

Despite Rob Turner's equaliser on his Rhyl debut, the hosts were still able to claim all three points with a goal four minutes from time.

http://www.rhylfc.com/

I thought this thread was for Transfer rumors?

CF1989
18/01/2010, 8:12 PM
I see the club have dropped a line about Richie Ryan re-signing.

Good signing imo. May have stuggled at times during last season, he was carrying a hip injury for most of the season though and was on of our best players imo in his first season with us last year. has a good footballing brain, can see a pass and will be a good player for us this season

CarrickFan
18/01/2010, 9:16 PM
Jaysus i thought having ONE was bad enough but according to the official website we have TWO Danny Ventre's in the squad for next season...also it doesnt mention Marshall i thought he had signed?

sligofan4ever
18/01/2010, 9:21 PM
Jaysus i thought having ONE was bad enough but according to the official website we have TWO Danny Ventre's in the squad for next season...also it doesnt mention Marshall i thought he had signed?

Marshall has signed I think, probably just forgot to add it.

forza rovers
18/01/2010, 9:23 PM
what's happening with ciaran kelly proved he is good back up to brush

CarrickFan
18/01/2010, 9:30 PM
Is there a posibility Marshall might be signed or have they let him go??...i thought he would a useful squad player...did well at times last season when given a chance.

redbuli
18/01/2010, 10:03 PM
thought Butler had signed as well, no?

bigredtruck
18/01/2010, 10:29 PM
Great to see Ritchie Ryan has signed again, was begining to wonder who would play the creative role in the midfield this season,sorted.

dong
19/01/2010, 1:50 AM
Good signing imo. May have stuggled at times during last season, he was carrying a hip injury for most of the season though and was on of our best players imo in his first season with us last year. has a good footballing brain, can see a pass and will be a good player for us this season

AT times??? For the love of God, he hadn't a decent five minutes for us all last year. He had a few decent games at the end of the previous season CF and that was it. Sorry, I'm not convinced at all. The lad is a joke of a professional. He'll be even worse this year if he hasn't sorted his hip and his drinking has him f ucked as well. Stupid signing. He should have been let go last summer.

sligorover
19/01/2010, 3:05 AM
Have to disagree with you there Dong. We're going to need a decent sized squad if we want to push on in the league and qualify for europe, we can't afford to have 20 or 22 players of Peers or Turner's quality. Having the likes of Ritchie as squad players for us will be a huge benefit if we get a few injuries.

roversforever
19/01/2010, 6:24 AM
Is there a posibility Marshall might be signed or have they let him go??...i thought he would a useful squad player...did well at times last season when given a chance.

As far as i know he has a deal agreed,just hasn't signed yet.

CarrickFan
19/01/2010, 7:50 AM
Burns out of contract after turning down Dundalks offer according to paper today...he's been mentioned here before..would people like to see him back?

sligored
19/01/2010, 8:51 AM
Burns out of contract after turning down Dundalks offer according to paper today...he's been mentioned here before..would people like to see him back?

Not me anyway. We have 2 centre halfs - foran and peers with alan keane as cover.
If burns was adaptable to play in midfield he may be an option but we are not looking for any more central defenders.
Also have to disagree with dong on richie ryan. A good squad player who can adapt to a number of positions. If he can rediscover his form of the end of 2008, he may challenge o grady ans at worst he is the kind of player we will need when suspensions and injuries kick in.

CarrickFan
19/01/2010, 8:54 AM
Foran is another name not on the the Squad list on the official website!!

red bellied
19/01/2010, 11:01 AM
Martyn gone to Glentoran.

CarrickFan
19/01/2010, 11:46 AM
The list is correct, confirmed by the club.

ok so neither Chris Butler or Foran are Sligo Rovers players for the coming season as they are not on that list?..a bit confused:confused:.....

sligored
19/01/2010, 11:47 AM
derek foran was training with sligo rovers this morning and his signature is agreed

sligoman
19/01/2010, 11:51 AM
Owen Morrison has signed for Portadown

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/irish/8467770.stm

CarrickFan
19/01/2010, 12:13 PM
It is the list of the players signed so far. Maybe others are close to signing, I don't know.

Cheers Rory...its just they and Marshall etc had DEFO signed according to people on here weeks ago but with no official confirmation its confusing....

sligo23
19/01/2010, 2:12 PM
Foran has signed.

Redie
19/01/2010, 2:22 PM
Cheers Rory...its just they and Marshall etc had DEFO signed according to people on here weeks ago but with no official confirmation its confusing....

It was definately announced by the club that Marshall and Meenan we signed for the coming season.

Redie
19/01/2010, 4:14 PM
Where?

Local papers if memory serves me - which it probaly doesn't:confused:

Redie
19/01/2010, 4:17 PM
Sligo Champion Article

By Leo Gray

Wednesday December 30th 2009

S ligo Rovers have agreed terms for new contracts with two promising youngsters from last year's panel, Darren Meenan and Dean Marshall.

Although neither tied down regular first team places last term, they both showed plenty of potential with limited opportunities and manager, Paul Cook, clearly sees them as important players for the 2010 campaign.

Meenan came on as a second half substitute in the FAI Cup final against Sporting Fingal and produced a tenacious performance, operating as a fifth midfielder. Marshall played a number of games for the first team towards the end of the season. scoring four goals in a handful of apperances, two in the League and two in the Setanta Cup.

Twenty-three years old Meenan joined Rovers in the transfer window last Summer. A former Northern Ireland youth international, he previously played for Shels, Finn Harps and Monaghan United.

Marshall, meanwhile, had trials with Coventry City before joining Bohemians. The nineteen years old winger joined Rovers last July.

Both players are expected to put pen to paper on new deals within the next few days, adding further momentum to Rovers team-building process for the new season.

Goalkeeper, Richard Brush, signed a new contract with the club just before Christmas while club captain, Conor O'Grady, Gavin Peers, Danny Ventre and striker, Matthew Blinkhorn are other members of last year's squad who are on board for the 2010 campaign.

Newcomers already signed for the new season are ex Shamrock Rovers striker, Padraic Almond, former Bray Wanderers winger, Gary McCabe, and ex Dundalk midfielder, Chris Turner.

Manager, Cook, is expected back in Sligo this week-end after a short festive break and the squad will assemble for pre-season training on January 14th.

Redie
19/01/2010, 4:28 PM
And again the following week
By Leo Gray

Friday January 08 2010

Sligo Rovers team building process for the 2010 campaign is expected to gather further momentum this week as contract talks with defender, Alan Keane, reach an advanced stage.

The former Galway player completed a one year contract with the club at the end of last season and negotiations on new terms intensified over the last few weeks.

Both parties are understood to be close to agreement and the club is hopeful that a new deal can be sorted out within the next few days.

Keane enjoyed an outstanding season in his first year with Rovers last term and was highly popular with the Showgrounds faithful, proving equally impressive at full-back or centre-half.

If, as expected, Keane puts pen to paper on a new contract, it will be a further boost for Paul Cook as he prepares for the new season.

Conor O’Grady, Matthew Blinkhorn, Richard Brush, Gavin Peers, Danny Ventre, Darren Meenan and Dean Marshall, all members of last year’s squad, are already on board for the 2010 campaign while new recruits include Chris Turner, the former Dundalk midfielder, Padraic Amond, who was signed from Shamrock Rovers, and ex Bray Wanderers winger, Gary McCabe.

Meanwhile, striker Rob Turner has joined Welsh Premier League Champions Rhyl F.C.

- Leo Gray

srfc1928
19/01/2010, 8:05 PM
Martyn gone to Glentoran.
Disappointed to hear that.

gustavo
20/01/2010, 9:37 PM
Ryan posts moved to "big debate" thread

Only1Rovers
21/01/2010, 8:16 AM
Skelmersdale United striekr John Cass heads for Sligo Rovers trial....

http://www.osadvertiser.co.uk/west-lancashire-sport/skelmersdale-united/2010/01/21/skelmersdale-united-striekr-john-cass-heads-for-sligo-rovers-trial-80904-25644640/

sligored
21/01/2010, 8:31 AM

http://www.osadvertiser.co.uk/west-lancashire-sport/skelmersdale-united/2010/01/21/skelmersdale-united-striekr-john-cass-heads-for-sligo-rovers-trial-80904-25644640/

I wonder what he done to get a five and a half year ban.
I know it was overturned.

STRIKER John Cass is set to make a return to Skelmersdale United after a lengthy ban was overturned.

The 22-year-old, who came through the same youth sides as George Donnelly and Craig Noone, was slapped with a five-and-a-half year ban for an incident in a Sunday League match.

Having sat on the sidelines for over a year of the suspension Cass, who was a contracted player with Tommy Lawson’s side, appealed and now the forward has been given the green light to play again

Mayo Red
21/01/2010, 8:35 AM

That's the club Liverpool signed Steve Heighway from all those years ago, wouldn't it be great if he turned out to be as good for Rovers as Heighway was for Liverpool!!

http://www.skelmersdaleutdfc.com/PLAYERPROFILES.html

JOHN CASS (STRIKER) ~ 22-year old John Cass started his career at Skem as part of Tommy Davies’ successful Youth Team in the 2004-05 season, and made his way through the ranks. Tommy Lawson noted his talents and took the combatitive midfielder from the reserves and immediately put him up-front – a change which paid dividends as his first season in the Unibond League was marked with a 19-goal return despite a good part of his season being blighted through injury. John went on to ply his trade in the Blue Square North with Burscough FC, but once again injury threatened his career as well as a lengthy five-year ban which was reduced to 15-months on a appeal. John returned to Skem in January 2010 after serving his ban and is keen to resurrect the promise he previously showed – and few will forget the talents which once alerted the Manchester United FC as well as a host of Football League clubs.

Wonder what the lengthy ban was for though, hardly a simple red card offence??

Boo_Boy
21/01/2010, 8:48 AM
Danny V and John Cass...Sligo Rovers' version of the bash brothers.

dong
21/01/2010, 9:26 AM
Cass should be Class.:o

CF1989
22/01/2010, 10:27 AM
www.sligorovers.com (http://www.sligorovers.com)

hopefully these two will keep progressing into good players for us next season. marshall definatly has the ability