PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Rumours/Suggestions

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

sligoman
16/12/2007, 7:25 PM
Molloy rumoured to have signed for Bray so we can rule him out I'd say!

Shedzer
17/12/2007, 4:15 PM
I hear Burnley are after Coleman, he may even be gone on trial if im not mistaken

sligoman
17/12/2007, 4:29 PM
I hear Burnley are after Coleman, he may even be gone on trial if im not mistakenHe seems to have gone somewhere this week alright.

He's better than Burnley:(

redtildead
17/12/2007, 4:34 PM
He seems to have gone somewhere this week alright.

He's better than Burnley:(
Is he?
has the potential alright but at the minute a mid table championship side would be about right.
you have to remember he only has one full season behind him yet.
no point in him heading to a reserve team in the premiership

Soper
17/12/2007, 4:35 PM
As long as we get a proper price for him.

sligoman
17/12/2007, 9:44 PM
We've offered Brian O'Callaghan a 1 year contract...not rated too highly by Cork fans afaik.

feo123
17/12/2007, 9:47 PM
We've offered Brian O'Callaghan a 1 year contract...not rated too highly by Cork fans afaik.

he's not as good as what we have

SligoBrewer
18/12/2007, 2:19 PM
he's not as good as what we have
It'll be ok if he's back up to Peers and Kenz.

On the Coleman issue, he is better than Burnley.

Red&White Rover
18/12/2007, 3:01 PM
It'll be ok if he's back up to Peers and Kenz.

On the Coleman issue, he is better than Burnley.

At the minute no he's not. If he moves there it is a fantastic move. He should be able to be a starter there and build himself up there. A decent side Burnley are too.

If Seamie was to go to a **** Premiership club, he'd be stuck in the reserves. not get playing, and wind up back over here after a year or two.

Perfect move for him IMO.

Rovers1
19/12/2007, 2:44 PM
It'll be ok if he's back up to Kenz.

dont scare us brewer!

sligoman
24/12/2007, 4:58 PM
Trevor Molloy has joined Glenavon:eek: so we won't be getting him:).

SligoBrewer
25/12/2007, 10:37 PM
Trevor Molloy has joined Glenavon:eek:

sorry but..:eek:

avvenalaf
26/12/2007, 5:42 PM
We can get him in three months when they throw him out.:(

red bellied
31/12/2007, 11:19 AM
According to todays Sun if Coleman joins Burnley, the funds of the sale will be made available to Cook. It also mentions that Rovers are interested in having Singh, Burns and Turner back. Not likely on the Turner deal as the Sun reckons Fenlon wants him to stay.

avvenalaf
31/12/2007, 11:39 AM
Singh? Brendan Drumm won't like to hear that. Another addition to the waiting list at Sligo General.

SligoBrewer
31/12/2007, 2:02 PM
According to todays Sun if Coleman joins Burnley, the funds of the sale will be made available to Cook. It also mentions that Rovers are interested in having Singh, Burns and Turner back. Not likely on the Turner deal as the Sun reckons Fenlon wants him to stay.

:(:(:(

gustavo
31/12/2007, 2:39 PM
When injury free , he's as good as if not better than what we have , just that he's always injured

clubman
31/12/2007, 3:30 PM

Personally wouldn't have any of thos guys back - history!!
Also I'd take the 30K from Drogs for Faz. The lad has indicated that his future is away from the Showgrounds so I'd grant him his wish.
Presently Faz is the highest earner at the Showgrounds so I'd expect Cookie with a solid bit of dealing would bring in two players which would be capable of doing a better job than Faz. We have to start looking to the future as Derry, Bohs, Drogheda, Cork, Pats, Galway, Shams and even Cobh are already marching. In a matter of weeks we'll be so far behind we'll be relagated even before a ball is kicked.
Now before anyone says I'm being negative all the above is fact.

Happy New Year to all my readers ;)

Red&White Rover
31/12/2007, 4:04 PM
When injury free , he's as good as if not better than what we have , just that he's always injured

Don't agree. Technically very good, but physically, he was a lightweight, pushed off the ball easily.

sligoman
31/12/2007, 5:11 PM
Absolute joke if we re-sign Singh.

SligoBrewer
31/12/2007, 7:55 PM

He'll be on €1,100 a week at least if he signs..too much imo.

Maybe if he was on less.. but he won't be

feo123
31/12/2007, 8:28 PM
in fairness the only thing id be weary about if he re-signed with us is the injuries, he was a good player, think most rovers fans could admit they thought he was very good when he was with us

Rovers fan
01/01/2008, 4:10 PM
Also I'd take the 30K from Drogs for Faz. The lad has indicated that his future is away from the Showgrounds so I'd grant him his wish.
Presently Faz is the highest earner at the Showgrounds so I'd expect Cookie with a solid bit of dealing would bring in two players which would be capable of doing a better job than Faz. We have to start looking to the future as Derry, Bohs, Drogheda, Cork, Pats, Galway, Shams and even Cobh are already marching. In a matter of weeks we'll be so far behind we'll be relagated even before a ball is kicked.

Sorry but we were in a way worse position last year and it turned out ok in the end so i really don't see the the need for pessimism.

sligored
01/01/2008, 6:24 PM

Happy New Year to all my readers ;):(

Rovers fan dont take any heed of this wind up merchant.

just put him on your ignore list

dublinred
02/01/2008, 8:28 AM

Agree this is the bollux who went to see Bohs in tolka when he was still contracted to rovers when we were playing Rob McDonalds only competive match in charge in Bray.

neutrino
02/01/2008, 12:28 PM

agreed sligoman. Singh had a few choice words to say about rovers when he knew he was leaving. No point bringing in a player who would cost so much and deliver very little in on the pitch becuase he wouldnt be giving his all.

sligored
03/01/2008, 11:36 AM

i have just noticed the entrance of clubman to this forum very shortly after the demise of the great roc***fin**rs.
Co incidence i wonder?

Sonic
03/01/2008, 12:12 PM
Maybe ye could take ian Wexler Sligoman seeing as you love him so much!!??;)

sligoman
03/01/2008, 2:09 PM
Maybe ye could take ian Wexler Sligoman seeing as you love him so much!!??;)Ah no, he's class like but we couldn't possibly take him from ye...it's his home away from home;)

Rovers1
03/01/2008, 6:20 PM
Maybe ye could take ian Wexler Sligoman seeing as you love him so much!!??;)

no in fairness hes too good for us..:( maybe someday though!! plus Longford would be looking for at least €400 for him, which is way beyond our reach. Maybe a swap with Seamie?

roversforever
04/01/2008, 2:02 PM
According to todays star ian rossiter has been released by athlone.don't think he's anywhere near premier division standard though to be honest.

Shedzer
04/01/2008, 2:30 PM
Will rovers try a sign Alan Moore again i see in todays star that hes a free agent could do with his experiance in midfield.

De Town
04/01/2008, 2:38 PM
According to todays star ian rossiter has been released by athlone.don't think he's anywhere near premier division standard though to be honest.

Think it was a Harps fan who posted on our forum sayings he's going to us.

nijboyle
06/01/2008, 8:47 PM
Do you reckon he would actually be good enough for Harps or Rovers at this stage in his career...he must be pushing 30?

red bellied
09/01/2008, 10:29 AM
Rovers interested in Neale Fenn with Bohs ready to off load him. The only stumbling block would be Fenn's big wages according to the Sun newspaper.

gustavo
09/01/2008, 11:03 AM
Didnt score at all last season for Bohs

Soper
09/01/2008, 11:05 AM
If only we could pay him in litter

jamie m
09/01/2008, 11:51 AM
they dont exactly rate him highly on the bohs forum, at one stage there was a thread on whether he was one of the worst strikers in history or something like that,

Red4Eva
09/01/2008, 11:57 AM
If only we could pay him in litter

is that because he's cat?

Ash
09/01/2008, 12:03 PM
Think it was a Harps fan who posted on our forum sayings he's going to us.

Local paper here today says that Rossi hasnt spoken to LTFC at all now.
He's happy to stay on with ATFC so long as all last seasons finance issues
are cleared up.

akearins
09/01/2008, 12:40 PM
Woulent asy there woudl be a problem with Fenn, you dont turn inot abad player over night.never really and out and out goalscorer but would compliment Judge well.Only problem would be the fact pats lost out in jason Byrne to Bohs so may go for Fenn now.

Wouldnt mind seeing his at the showgies though, would show real ambition

Only1Rovers
09/01/2008, 6:16 PM
Considering Rovers signed Murphy - a recognised Eircom League player - and the Cookie Monsters comments that Rovers are seeking good players who play in the league, our knowledgeable domestic soccer hacks at the Sun, Star et al, will associate any player that becomes available with us...

this is in relation to Neal Fenn. I wouldn't pay too much attention to it.

avvenalaf
09/01/2008, 6:39 PM
Well, there's one thing for sure - The Sun didn't get their information from Cookie.

neutrino
14/01/2008, 11:51 AM
I see James Meredith has signed for Shrewsbury.

Shedzer
14/01/2008, 1:04 PM
Didn't see him play that much mainly cause he didn't play that much wont miss him anyway he wasnt to impressive.

Only1Rovers
14/01/2008, 2:07 PM
Former Sligo Rovers defender James Meredith has signed a one-and-a-half year contract with league two Club Shrewsbury.

Rovers boss Paul Cook saw Meredith as excess and released the teenage defender from the bit o'red

The Australian has spent the last week training with the Shrews and featured in the 1-0 reserve win over Bradford.

The defender has spent the last six months with Rovers after being released by Derby at the end of last season.

Rovers fan
14/01/2008, 4:31 PM
are ventre and boyd still at the club?

gustavo
14/01/2008, 6:53 PM
Former Sligo Rovers defender James Meredith has signed a one-and-a-half year contract with league two Club Shrewsbury.

Rovers boss Paul Cook saw Meredith as excess and released the teenage defender from the bit o'red

The Australian has spent the last week training with the Shrews and featured in the 1-0 reserve win over Bradford.

The defender has spent the last six months with Rovers after being released by Derby at the end of last season.

whats the source for that?

He wont be missed terribly , we might need a left back though all the same

avvenalaf
14/01/2008, 7:30 PM
http://www.shrewsburytown.co.uk/

sligoman
14/01/2008, 7:50 PM
http://www.shrewsburytown.co.uk/Nice parting comments in the interview with him.
The football was not so much about playing the ball on the ground but about playing the ball in the air Maybe that was his excuse for hoofing anyway;).

A player that won't be missed, not good enough for us. But as gus said, we do need a left back as we all know Foy won't fix his attitude at this stage.