PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Rumours/Suggestions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

Rovers fan
17/05/2008, 2:46 PM
ii wonder who the 3 lads going are..would not be surprised if they were along the lines of curran and foy anyway.i hope we replace jennings,after his first game i hope it is his last for us.

could be coleman too?

sligoman
18/05/2008, 11:22 AM
is this the lad:http://www.gillinghamfootballclub.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10416~24149,00.htmlThat's him yeah, he's from Sligo.

I'd say Coleman will be going:(.

red arrow
18/05/2008, 1:03 PM
yea did here rumours about faz going to cork (maybe drogheda). the trouble at the club is soley financial. club wants to offload players(but not that easy)
may not be able to bring in new players because of financial restraints. cookie not to happy but lets pray to god that there is something good around the corner (financial wise) or club could be in megga megga trouble. so therefore as before it is up to the people to come out to the games and support all fund raising ventures or johnny chadda (hopefully not) might be throwing his famous poem to the dustbin.

Red&White Rover
18/05/2008, 1:08 PM
Huddersfield were looking at Faz last night.

deecay
20/05/2008, 7:29 PM
Ive played with and seen alot of Ross McLaughlin latley and I havent seen anyone comand a pitch like he does.He was MOTM imo against Harps A a week ago and I dont know why hes not geting his chance this season,he got a chance starting against Bray and he took it by scoring

sligofan4ever
24/05/2008, 3:57 PM
im not sure if its a misprint or if hes on the sligo rovers youth team but whos this brian o callaghan that joined for us it says it here:

http://www.a2zsoccer.com/index.cfm/loc/2-1/articleId/551E0BFD-E383-5217-CF6F9EBEE978246E.htm

roversman
24/05/2008, 4:01 PM
he was supose to come to us at start of season went to england i think

Boo_Boy
24/05/2008, 4:03 PM
im not sure if its a misprint or if hes on the sligo rovers youth team but whos this brian o callaghan that joined for us it says it here:

http://www.a2zsoccer.com/index.cfm/loc/2-1/articleId/551E0BFD-E383-5217-CF6F9EBEE978246E.htm

O'Callaghan was linked with us back pre-season when he left Halifax Town.

He's with cork now..how have you not heard of him?:eek:

micls
24/05/2008, 8:13 PM
O'Callaghan was linked with us back pre-season when he left Halifax Town.

He's with cork now..how have you not heard of him?:eek:

Got yourself confused there. He left us and was linked with you but signed for Halifax instead. He was released a few weeks back

Boo_Boy
24/05/2008, 10:14 PM
Got yourself confused there. He left us and was linked with you but signed for Halifax instead. He was released a few weeks back

Ah right, i was thinking of George O'Callaghan!

Rovers fan
25/05/2008, 4:05 PM
Anybody else hear that blackburn are looking at coleman?

Boo_Boy
25/05/2008, 5:02 PM
Anybody else hear that blackburn are looking at coleman?

I've not heard anything about Blackburn, i did hear Sunderland had a scout 'dedicated' to ELOI football at a recent match looking at coleman.

RedRebel32
25/05/2008, 5:57 PM
more than 2 scouts from england have been eyeing up seamie....its bittersweet, he most likely will be leaving but from what i hear he wont be going cheap thank god:cool:

would not be surprised if boco packs his bags too,on serious money and is a fantastic player but hasnt done it with us yet.ability wise he's better than EL football imo but so far he hasnt shown what he's capable of apart from glimpses. unfortunately when you're getting 1500 a week glimpses arent enough

almeida is a good solid player,but still not a patch on peers and if had to choose who i'd give a big contract to it would certanly be peersy.mckensie really is playing these days too,and him and peers are still very young for centre halves:)

our defense needs no addition...but with judge off form and faz not wantng to be here i think up front is where change is needed.plus a centre mid would be nice,o'grady is a bit poor right now.he will have to improve

RedRebel32
25/05/2008, 6:03 PM
Ive played with and seen alot of Ross McLaughlin latley and I havent seen anyone comand a pitch like he does.He was MOTM imo against Harps A a week ago and I dont know why hes not geting his chance this season,he got a chance starting against Bray and he took it by scoring

played with ross for years, quality wee player alright.but as far as giving him a consistent run in the team i don't know yet, wouldn't be able to compete physically yet imo...as you saw with the treatment anto got the last night senior football is a different ball game.i played against rovers A this year,the senior players would **** all over most of them in fairness.it would be much more beneficial having ross on the bench,and bringing hm on for the last 20 when we are winning cmfortably enough,just to get used to the pace because it can be hard to keep your composure especially early in games when its 90 miles an hour and so scrappy.

fitness wise senior football is also a huge step up...i would play ross off the front man...that way long balls wont be pumped at him and he can get the ball to feet instead.ultimately when he gets more used to it centre mid is his position.

been a bit disappointed with curran,was a great prospect but seems he hasnt used his talent yet

Rovers fan
25/05/2008, 6:05 PM
more than 2 scouts from england have been eyeing up seamie....its bittersweet, he most likely will be leaving but from what i hear he wont be going cheap thank god:cool:

would not be surprised if boco packs his bags too,on serious money and is a fantastic player but hasnt done it with us yet.ability wise he's better than EL football imo but so far he hasnt shown what he's capable of apart from glimpses. unfortunately when you're getting 1500 a week glimpses arent enough

almeida is a good solid player,but still not a patch on peers and if had to choose who i'd give a big contract to it would certanly be peersy.mckensie really is playing these days too,and him and peers are still very young for centre halves:)

our defense needs no addition...but with judge off form and faz not wantng to be here i think up front is where change is needed.plus a centre mid would be nice,o'grady is a bit poor right now.he will have to improve

I think boco has done a lot of unnoticed work too though and he definitely made an impact against pats. Its when we play football like we did against pats that he will play well,unfortunately after we conceded it we started to hoof it for the last 10 or 15 minutes. I honestly don't think mckenzie is an able deputy for almeida. Anybody know if almeidas has high wages?

Red&White Rover
25/05/2008, 6:05 PM

Completely untrue. He's not 1500 a week.

Tbh, Every game he plays, the better he gets. I'm pleased with him so far anyway, and no doubt in my mind he'll produce the goods.

Madea huge difference after coming on Friday night.

RedRebel32
25/05/2008, 6:09 PM
Completely untrue. He's not 1500 a week.

Tbh, Every game he plays, the better he gets. I'm pleased with him so far anyway, and no doubt in my mind he'll produce the goods.

Madea huge difference after coming on Friday night.

please enlighten us to his pay then??

ya he was fantastic on friday night...m a huge fan of his he has fantastic quality [better footballer than fahey i think] and his touch is superb..

but as you said if we dont play football he looks like cack...and no he definately hasnt done what he is capable of so far...been good but this is a player whos skill level would easly stand up in the premiership imo

was he carrying and injury recently,why did he start on the bench v pats

Red&White Rover
25/05/2008, 8:48 PM
please enlighten us to his pay then??

Little more than half that AFAIK.

but as you said if we dont play football he looks like cack...and no he definately hasnt done what he is capable of so far...been good but this is a player whos skill level would easly stand up in the premiership imo
And you want rid of him!?:eek:

as he carrying and injury recently,why did he start on the bench v pats

yeah, that's why he was out for the last one ir two games...:confused:

srfc19
25/05/2008, 11:06 PM
Ive played with and seen alot of Ross McLaughlin latley and I havent seen anyone comand a pitch like he does.

played with ross for years, quality wee player alright.but as far as giving him a consistent run in the team i don't know yet, wouldn't be able to compete physically yet imo...

i also know him and have played with him for years and know for a fact that he could compete physichally. when you compare him to judge or faz up front who both go to a whole lot of trouble to look like they're trying to compete when we all know they aren't.
i haven't even seen him on the bench recently and don't think he's training full time anymore either. hope he keeps it up and doesn't get disheartened by his lack of first team chances.

RedRebel32
26/05/2008, 4:30 PM
Little more than half that AFAIK.

And you want rid of him!?:eek:

yeah, that's why he was out for the last one ir two games...:confused:

i dont want rid of him...but if the club wasn't making ends meet then its the big earners that will have to go??the club are struggling for money.and if it comes to losing one or 2 players and replacing them with cheaper ones it has to be done.

no i don't want rid of him,he is class but the money i've heard he's on surely it cant be sustained?? i think boco is due a very big performance and will do something really really special this year.our pitch doesnt suit him,nor does the odd hoof in his direction like he seems to get.

perhaps when he gets to places like dalymount we'll see the real player.i still say he hasnt been himself so far,good of course but he will show more i hope,hes capable

RedRebel32
26/05/2008, 4:35 PM
i also know him and have played with him for years and know for a fact that he could compete physichally. when you compare him to judge or faz up front who both go to a whole lot of trouble to look like they're trying to compete when we all know they aren't.
i haven't even seen him on the bench recently and don't think he's training full time anymore either. hope he keeps it up and doesn't get disheartened by his lack of first team chances.

no i dont think he'd make an impression in central midfield yet at all.would struggle to win headers and as i said, some of the tackles that fly in are shocking and young players should be eased in so theres no pressure.every good young player ie,ronaldo,rooney,messi etc were all played sparingly at first.no point throwing the lad in against fahey and kirby like when you have men like anto,cash et al...should be playing the last 20 mins of games,preferably away games too. was very disappointing to have him not even on the bench the last day,but cookie rates him highly:cool:

srfc19
26/05/2008, 9:25 PM
but mcloughlin's not even getting a chance at the moment,and if you have played with or against him you'l know that he likes them tackles. i'd rather have him than cash,cash is fast but very rarely gives ya an end product.

SligoBrewer
26/05/2008, 10:30 PM
. i'd rather have him than cash,cash is fast but very rarely gives ya an end product.

Cash has been having a great run of form:eek:

biscuit
26/05/2008, 11:21 PM
but mcloughlin's not even getting a chance at the moment,and if you have played with or against him you'l know that he likes them tackles. i'd rather have him than cash,cash is fast but very rarely gives ya an end product.

Your talking about top flight ball here lads ffs. Not a chance in hell ross is up to starting at this level yet. A fine wee player yes, but needs to be blooded gradually. He would hve been ate alive last friday.But in a year or two time he has the ability to step up, if he works hard.

srfc19
27/05/2008, 12:25 AM
Your talking about top flight ball here lads ffs. Not a chance in hell ross is up to starting at this level yet. A fine wee player yes, but needs to be blooded gradually. He would hve been ate alive last friday.But in a year or two time he has the ability to step up, if he works hard.

but he's not even being blooded in gently,hasn't played a first team game all season,correct me if i'm wrong. why not play him in the LC against galway even? would have been ideal.

Cash has been having a great run of form:eek:

but if i was to pick a weak link it would be him.....pacey,but very rarely delivers a decent cross,the shaun wright-phillips of sligo rovers.

sligofan4ever
27/05/2008, 8:25 AM
but he's not even being blooded in gently,hasn't played a first team game all season,correct me if i'm wrong. why not play him in the LC against galway even? would have been ideal.

but if i was to pick a weak link it would be him.....pacey,but very rarely delivers a decent cross,the shaun wright-phillips of sligo rovers.

SRFC19, you seem to be very fond of Ross but I hate to say hes not ready to play at senior level regularly yet. never seen a fan so mad about a player not even with the senior team almost makes you think it is ross since hes always standin up for him in the thread :)

deecay
27/05/2008, 11:53 AM
To be fair he was given his chance and he took it,and now he cant get onto the bench.He deserves to play

srfc19
27/05/2008, 12:15 PM
na,im not him and to be honest i actually don't even get on with him that well. just think that young lads should be getting more of a chance,and I think that it's always good to have locals in the team.

biscuit
27/05/2008, 3:50 PM
nows not the time for "giving chances", or getting locals in the team for being locals, its about taking things a step further, and that means using established first team players who, all in all are having a good season.
The league cup may have been ideal for that, but now the business is ab=out winning games and playing to our best strenghts, not tinkering with the team and taking risks with young fellas just cause they are from the town.

RedRebel32
27/05/2008, 4:56 PM

precisely

and its not a matter of him enjoying the tackling,its about one of our better youth players not being brought in to early and gettiing a bad injury.there is plenty of the season left,i can see him starting games in the run-in,if we are not in a battle for something near the end.

give it a rest,cash has been SUPERB recently, probably a big factor in our run...a fit brian cash is an asset to any team.cookie knows what he's doing im sure and sa said above,this is no time to blood youngsters but to push on.if the season does peter out im sure he'll be in there alot

deecay
30/05/2008, 11:10 AM
SLIGO Rovers boss Paul Cook is resigned to losing his star player Fahrudin Kudozovic, who has fast become one of the Eircom League's hottest properties, WRITES NEIL AHERN.

The Bosnian midfielder-cum-striker has played a huge part in Rovers' current fifth place in the table, but Cook knows that with his contract due to run out at the end of the season, the former Derby and Notts County man will soon be moving to pastures new.

"We won't hold onto Faz and I've got no problems with that," said Cook. "He'll move on from our club soon for the simple reason that we cannot afford to pay him what other clubs will offer him.

"It's not complicated why he won't sign a contract. While I've been here I've had 12 months with Kudozovic (above) and he's a brilliant pro, he's a worker and a fantastic lad.

"The time will come soon when he will leave and he'll go with my best wishes for the future because he's been fantastic.

"We turned down €45,000 from Drogheda [before this season]. People who know me realise that if I have to keep the lad until the end of his contract I will, but if someone makes us the right offer and he can move now, I wouldn't stop him."

Rovers fan
02/06/2008, 6:32 PM
it said in the paper today that anto could be going to bohs. Turner coming back?

showgies
02/06/2008, 6:50 PM
it said in the paper today that anto could be going to bohs. Turner coming back?

I heard that this deal is a real possibilty..............if Chrissy can reproduce the form he showed before he left, I think this is a positive move

SligoBrewer
02/06/2008, 7:16 PM
I heard that this deal is a real possibilty..............if Chrissy can reproduce the form he showed before he left, I think this is a positive move

Think of the form Anto has been in though lately in the central midfield position.

I'd still be delighted to see Chrissy T back in the Showgies though.

Rovers fan
02/06/2008, 7:23 PM
I'm not sure about this though,sure anto has already played for 2 clubs this season!

SligoBrewer
02/06/2008, 7:28 PM
Was he not a free agent at the end of the last season though?

Rovers fan
02/06/2008, 9:06 PM
Was he not a free agent at the end of the last season though?

I didn't think that made a difference?? Maybe it does cos i doubt bohs and pats(at the start of this season) would have been looking him to buy if he couldn't sign because of the 3 club rule.

red bellied
03/06/2008, 9:25 AM
Heard this morning that Vincent Nally is Rovers new chairman.

Red&White Rover
03/06/2008, 10:00 AM
that's a bit out of the blue...

sligored
03/06/2008, 11:24 AM

that would be great news for us. please be true.
a real business man at the helm

Rovers1
03/06/2008, 6:19 PM

surely this would be up on website if true??

sligoman
03/06/2008, 7:08 PM
That's massive news if true. He didn't want to come on board in any official capacity originally.

I can see this being only good news tbh.

deecay
03/06/2008, 7:22 PM
Heard Almedia is signed til the end of the season.Signed before the Drogs game

Redzer
03/06/2008, 7:36 PM

Could that be Chairman of the development committee I wonder?

sligofan4ever
03/06/2008, 10:31 PM
I was wondering with Faz more than likely leaving this summer who would fill in up front, would it be worth bringing back Paul McTiernan ? surely we can afford a decent enough striker with the money teams are willing to pa for Faz and with Judge also likely too go Cook will know we need serious toning up front, any suggestions of who would be a realistic target for us ?

deecay
03/06/2008, 10:44 PM
Zayed or Grant from Drogs

sligofan4ever
03/06/2008, 10:52 PM
Zayed or Grant from Drogs

Zayed would be a good addition he really showed what he can do last season but havent seen him as much this season, and I was talking to Seamie Coleman he said hes not leaving Sligo Rovers to go to England. I were gonna ave to knew strikers this summer hopefully we spend wisely.

Rovers fan
03/06/2008, 10:58 PM
zayed has scored 4 goals this season,which ain't bad considering he was injured(i think or was he just dropped?) I strongly doubt we have a hope of getting zayed but maybe grant as he is further down the pecking order.

I were gonna ave to knew strikers this summer hopefully we spend wisely.

what in the name of f**k are you trying to say here?!

sligoman
03/06/2008, 11:00 PM
I was talking to Seamie Coleman he said hes not leaving Sligo Rovers to go to England.No offence but he's hardly going to come out and tell you if he is, especially not on bebo. He'll most likely go at the end of the season.

sligofan4ever
03/06/2008, 11:00 PM
zayed has scored 4 goals this season,which ain't bad considering he was injured(i think or was he just dropped?) I strongly doubt we have a hope of getting zayed but maybe grant as he is further down the pecking order.

what in the name of f**k are you trying to say here?!

even I dont know I was meant to say we'll have 2 new strikers lol

and would Ger Rowe be a possibility for us ?