PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Rumours/Suggestions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

Rovers1
10/11/2008, 8:09 PM
from what ive heard Chris' wage is surprisingly smalll for such a talented lad. And it would cost just as mch to release him. The club expect him back training pre-season.

Rovers Maniac
10/11/2008, 8:11 PM
Will be back training in March hopefully.

srfc1928
10/11/2008, 8:11 PM
Not a guess, do you think we can afford to have a "first team" player on the books for at least a year without kicking a ball and pay his wages?????

Were you not around when Rovers released five players to try and keep the club afloat in June/July???

It's simple. Sligo Rovers cannot afford to pay wages to someone who cannot play for the club when they could be putting the money towards a fit player. We need a right back and by all accounts Chris is out for at least 12 months, plus what sort of player will he be when he returns? He could return with the same form he had prior to the injury however, he may not....this is another gamble the club is taking on holding onto him.

The club must now be thinking about a replacement.

Sorry Sligoman, this is the reality of the situation.

I would love to think the club could find the means to keep Chris during his rehabilitation but it doesn't make sense.
Chris is a left back

sligoman
10/11/2008, 8:57 PM
Not a guess

It's simple. Sligo Rovers cannot afford to pay wages to someone who cannot play for the club when they could be putting the money towards a fit player. We need a right back and by all accounts Chris is out for at least 12 months, plus what sort of player will he be when he returns? He could return with the same form he had prior to the injury however, he may not....this is another gamble the club is taking on holding onto him.

I would love to think the club could find the means to keep Chris during his rehabilitation but it doesn't make sense.So it was just a guess then? Thought so.
Out for at least 12months? The last I heard(from a good source) was expected to be 8 months.

The club might strike a deal with him(as was said about other players at Q & A) to pay a certain amount during off-season instead of full wages. That's also a guess on my part. I don't expect Butler to be released from his contract just because he's injured.

Inside Man
10/11/2008, 10:07 PM
Not a guess, do you think we can afford to have a "first team" player on the books for at least a year without kicking a ball and pay his wages?????

Were you not around when Rovers released five players to try and keep the club afloat in June/July???

I would love to think the club could find the means to keep Chris during his rehabilitation but it doesn't make sense.
Spot on buddy.
Football is a business.Just because the poor lad broke his leg in unfortunate circumstances doesn't mean the club should hold onto him.
At the end of the day the decision comes down to: are we getting value for money. Is paying his wages for 10months (circa 20,000 I am guessing) worth it? Thats not up for us to decide its up to the board and manager.

I think the club would be going down a slippery legal slope if they got rid of Chris for being injured. You'd probably have cases of unfair dismissal, etc.
Your wrong there son.
Clubs release players when they get long term injuries the whole time. (eg. In our case Poitr Bajdiak couple of seasons back) You will find a clause in the players contract to release him, or if not you sit down and sort out a compensation package with the player.
Obviously you can't terminate his contract and maybe thats what you were assuming.

brianw82
10/11/2008, 10:18 PM
Obviously you can't terminate his contract and maybe thats what you were assuming.

What I'm thinking is that, if this were to happen, that it *could* end up costing more in legal fees, compensation etc, than keeping him for the duration of his injury.
Obviously, if the club sits down with him and agrees a package and he goes, then fair enough.

Still though, there is nothing substantial to this story, 'I heard a bloke down the pub saying...' etc, and we shouldn't really be entertaining it.

Rovers Maniac
10/11/2008, 10:29 PM
Some really distasteful comments on here, Chris told me himself he will be back in training by March the lad should be given every chance to get back.
Honestly he is a class act and can't wait to see him back in the bit o'red next season. The club stood by Cash when he was out and they will stand by Butler imo.

Shedzer
10/11/2008, 10:44 PM
I think the club would be going down a slippery legal slope if they got rid of Chris for being injured. You'd probably have cases of unfair dismissal, etc.

No, you couldnt in this case

Only1Rovers
11/11/2008, 9:45 AM
So it was just a guess then? Thought so.
Out for at least 12months? The last I heard(from a good source) was expected to be 8 months.

No, as stated above this is not a guess Sligoman... this is what I was told following the incident from.... wait for it Sligoman...... "a good source".

Rovers Maniac
11/11/2008, 10:02 AM
No, as stated above this is not a guess Sligoman... this is what I was told following the incident from.... wait for it Sligoman...... "a good source".

I hope it's a good as source as your last scoop you give us "Cook to Shams" :p:D

Only1Rovers
11/11/2008, 10:52 AM
I hope it's a good as source as your last scoop you give us "Cook to Shams" :p:D

Don't count the chickens yet! ;)

Some really distasteful comments on here, Chris told me himself he will be back in training by March the lad should be given every chance to get back.
Honestly he is a class act and can't wait to see him back in the bit o'red next season. The club stood by Cash when he was out and they will stand by Butler imo.

I agree and hope he does return as the same player he was prior to the injury. There's no other "LEFT FULL" (well spotted SRFC 1928) in the league I would prefer in that position.

However, using this forum as place to throw out some views wheather they be speculation or fact seems to fall from a height on some people.

As said before; what I've posted regading Chris's future at the club is information that I've pick up over the the last number of months.

Redie
11/11/2008, 3:50 PM
Some disgraceful comments reguarding getting rid of Butler. That is not how things are done in football. As stated already the club stuck by Brian Cash and undoubtedly will do the same for Chris. Anyway I'd be surprised of the club's insurance will not cover a significant part of the costs associated with keeping Chris until he is fit again.

Inside Man
11/11/2008, 4:52 PM
What I'm thinking is that, if this were to happen, that it *could* end up costing more in legal fees, compensation etc, than keeping him for the duration of his injury.
But why would they terminate his contract tell me?
What may happen is both parties feel best to part ways. Maybe chrissy heading back to England. Then both parties sit down to get a deal.
I think you fail to see the point in compensation. Should we keep the player in contract we will be paying him full wages as per contract. Should we agree compensation then the club are paying a percentage of this in a lump fee. So the club is actually saving money in the long run if Chrissy was not in Cook's plans.
Anyway all this is petty nonsense talk. The Club will stick by Butler.

dublinred
13/11/2008, 11:02 AM
Faz to return ? I would have him back on a free , are there any other decent players at Drogheda who would get a game for us ? from the article below it looks like they will all be released .

We might not be able to offer them anything near what they were on but at least they will get paid every week.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/robinson-calls-for-action-1537087.html

sligoman
13/11/2008, 11:24 AM
Faz to return ? I would have him back on a freeI would have him back if he was playing for free, that's about it;)

red_away
13/11/2008, 1:11 PM
I would have hughes b4 faz but if we have a budget for new players then maybe looking elsewhere would be best as players coming back doesnt work very well in my view although there are exceptions.

The article is interesting in that there is no admission from players, staff or their board that their financial committments were unsustainable even if the new stadium was built, if you only have a certain amount of revenue you can only spend that amount or sooner or later you will have problems - Drogs, Bohs,Shelbourne, Cork etc etc

Only1Rovers
13/11/2008, 1:44 PM
The article is interesting in that there is no admission from players, staff or their board that their financial committments were unsustainable even if the new stadium was built, if you only have a certain amount of revenue you can only spend that amount or sooner or later you will have problems - Drogs, Bohs,Shelbourne, Cork etc etc

I suppose the fact that Hughes is off for a trial game in South Korea is some sort of admission.

red bellied
13/11/2008, 4:33 PM
Its on the Bray forum that Cawley will be joining Rovers next season.

sligofan4ever
13/11/2008, 4:49 PM

Hopefully this happens, can see him and O Grady working very well together in centre midfield.

Didn't Cookie try and sign before the start of this season ?

Inside Man
13/11/2008, 9:04 PM
Cawley will be joining Rovers next season.

Brilliant news if true. Quality player. Didn't sign last year because of the Full-time set up. But with us being semi-pro next season its an opportunity for him to move.

Rovers fan
13/11/2008, 9:41 PM
It would be great to have martyn,cawley and o'grady in midfield for us next season:)

brianw82
14/11/2008, 6:47 AM

Is that anything more than idle talk, though? Surely as a Sligo man he'll be linked to Rovers the odd time?

Only1Rovers
14/11/2008, 2:29 PM

Doesn't the lad work full-time in Dublin. I thought moving to Sligo was a non-runner for him.

???

red_away
14/11/2008, 3:04 PM
i thought that there were other issues as well....poor treatment by the sligo support?

Red&White Rover
15/11/2008, 1:53 AM
Alan Cawley:D

sligoman
15/11/2008, 11:36 AM
Wesley Charles wants to come back:D

Royal rover
15/11/2008, 11:51 AM
Gents there's a rumour about interest in Cretaro from Hibs - live in edinburgh myself now so didn't hear this from a sligo source, also steve bruce seems interested in Coleman

sligoman
15/11/2008, 12:10 PM
Gents there's a rumour about interest in Cretaro from Hibs - live in edinburgh myself now so didn't hear this from a sligo sourceI know he was linked with a Scottish club a few months back alright, didn't hear which club.

red bellied
25/11/2008, 10:24 AM
Celtic interested in Coleman according to local radio this morning.

thesilverfox
25/11/2008, 10:32 AM
it was on the back page of the star aswll this morning. paul lennon wrote about so there might be a bit of substance to the rumours

Fivesilver
25/11/2008, 10:40 AM
If they lob us a big fee, grand, but it'd be a pity to see Seamie follow the likes of Deccie Boyle and Pat McCourt into the black hole.

red bellied
25/11/2008, 10:41 AM
http://www.eleven-a-side.com/acrossthewater/news.asp?n=35041

SRFCbrothelutd
25/11/2008, 10:54 AM
Lads, fresh rumours Cook & Carr not happy with Budget for next season. Serious chance they could be gone by the end of this week. Aparently its half what they were looking for. From a source close to Carr. Worrying times!

neutrino
25/11/2008, 12:12 PM
Lads, fresh rumours Cook & Carr not happy with Budget for next season. Serious chance they could be gone by the end of this week. Aparently its half what they were looking for. From a source close to Carr. Worrying times!

We knew there'd but cut-backs but to half the budget is a bit of a drastic measure at this early stage ? If all avenues open to the club have been explored and this is the result then that's fine. The club should engage with supporters to discuss that x amount is needed and ideally we like to get to y amount and put it out for ideas/suggestions. Even if the trust scheme got up and running to 1/2 capacity surely this would contribute towards the overall budget. There was a blitz of fundraising done to raise the captial the club needed earlier this year. It's hard to sustain that level of fundraising across a season, but why not run some things over the close season to build up next years budget in advance. Obvious stuff like season tickets, or Europa 2009 scarves could be on sale well in advance of christmas. Surely this seasons success could be leveraged to make ends meet - or maybe I'm wrong and there's just not the money there in the community, which would be very sad given we have a real chance to improve now and be competitive at the top end next season.

dublinred
25/11/2008, 12:15 PM
If they lob us a big fee, grand, but it'd be a pity to see Seamie follow the likes of Deccie Boyle and Pat McCourt into the black hole.

Agree, would prefer to see him move to a Championship club where he would get a game and develop further.

Rovers Maniac
25/11/2008, 1:03 PM

This is very worrying to say the least.

Red&White Rover
25/11/2008, 3:53 PM
Celtic interested in Coleman according to local radio this morning.

Heard that myself, a few days back.

He'd do well there.

sligoman
26/11/2008, 10:12 PM
Drogheda players John Tambouras, Adam Hughes and Fahrudin Kuduzovic are this week on trial at a club in AzerbaijanHere (http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/irish/drogheda-ace-robinson-to-train-at-royals-1552034.html).

srfc1928
26/11/2008, 10:32 PM
Delighted for the two lads.
Hope they get their dream move to Azerbijan.
They deserve it.:D

Kivlehan
27/11/2008, 12:09 AM
delighted for the two lads.
Hope they get their dream move to azerbijan.
They deserve it.:d

Hilarious :)

brianw82
27/11/2008, 5:29 AM
According to today's Independent, Raf has been offered a deal by Pats, but Cook is confident he'll stay. It goes on to say that we're close to agreeing deals with Owen Morrison and Parkhouse.

red_away
27/11/2008, 7:29 AM
Delighted for the two lads.
Hope they get their dream move to Azerbijan.
They deserve it.:D

Not only did they finish below rovers
They were not paid
But they left rovers as they wanted to play at a higher level!!!

Every one knows the famous azerbijanian footballing greats.......????

Jeebus
27/11/2008, 8:12 AM
Every one knows the famous azerbijanian footballing greats.......????

Of course we do. Emin Agaev, Tarlan Akhmedov & Gurban Gurbanov are household names!!:D

Rovers Maniac
27/11/2008, 9:59 AM
Jesus i hope Raf stays, would be gutted if he went up to Dublin. As you seen this year you never know whats around the corner for clubs.

SRFC1928 great post:D

Only1Rovers
27/11/2008, 10:45 AM
Of course we do. Emin Agaev, Tarlan Akhmedov & Gurban Gurbanov are household names!!:D

Come now Jeebus - you said yourself that Gurbanov is over-rated!

Guts&Glory
27/11/2008, 1:04 PM

Ya - ever since Gurbanov hooked up with that WAG from down the market with the fruit stall he has gone off the boil

:D

Jeebus
27/11/2008, 1:23 PM

Ya - ever since Gurbanov hooked up with that WAG from down the market with the fruit stall he has gone off the boil

:D

Easy on G&G, that's Only1Rovers' sister you are talking about!! :eek: :D

dublinred
27/11/2008, 1:49 PM
If Faz goes I think Cook will leave too, he rates him so highly that I think he'd have enough if Faz was sold. In saying that, the money could come in handy if he knew of others available too though.

Hit the start of this thread by mistake and there are some gems in there from this time last year.

Red&White Rover
29/11/2008, 7:34 PM
The money Faz will supposedly be getting there, I'd be laughing if I was him too...

sligofan4ever
29/11/2008, 7:57 PM
Is there any update on Coleman since he was linked to Celtic ?.

Doe's anyone think we should try and sign Davin O' Neill from Cobh ? he's a very good striker, he scored 8 goals for Cobh this season and i'm sure he'd love more premier league football.