PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Rumours/Suggestions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

Ballagh Red
21/12/2008, 6:11 PM
Richie done well when he came in. Prefer to see him in the midfield with his passing ability. Any word on how Chris is coming along?

Rovers1
21/12/2008, 6:45 PM
. Any word on how Chris is coming along?

supposed to be back in training by mid pre-season

sligofan4ever
21/12/2008, 7:02 PM
Any word on O' Grady, McT, Curran, Feeney and Almeida regarding them signing new contracts aswell as this young Seamus Sharkey fella joining on loan from Derry ?

Rovers1
22/12/2008, 4:08 PM
Any word on O' Grady, McT, Curran, Feeney and Almeida regarding them signing new contracts aswell as this young Seamus Sharkey fella joining on loan from Derry ?

O Grady and Mauro are considering contracts, dont know about McTiernan, Curran, Feeney. Cook is possibly looking to see if he gets any better players than them over pre-season, and if not, then offer them new deals

sligofan4ever
22/12/2008, 6:26 PM
O Grady and Mauro are considering contracts, dont know about McTiernan, Curran, Feeney. Cook is possibly looking to see if he gets any better players than them over pre-season, and if not, then offer them new deals

I'd say feeney will stay seeing as he's the U-20 manager. I would definatly keep Curran for another season he improving all the time.

brianw82
23/12/2008, 1:14 PM
I'd say feeney will stay seeing as he's the U-20 manager. I would definatly keep Curran for another season he improving all the time.

Yes, given our geographical location I don't think we should be quick to dump the Sligo players from the squad. Curran might not be a world beater in midfield but he's a Sligo lad and we won't easily convince some Dubliner to take his place on the bench.

Rovers Maniac
02/01/2009, 3:50 PM
Anybody hear any more rumors? Somebody was telling me about fresh rumors about Cawley may be coming. Also heard the Parkhouse deal may not go through now as well.

sligofan4ever
02/01/2009, 5:58 PM
Anybody hear any more rumors? Somebody was telling me about fresh rumors about Cawley may be coming. Also heard the Parkhouse deal may not go through now as well.

Last I seen was a short article about Alan Cawley's transfer rumour in the weekender. Seen him in town last week but I reckon he might only be back home for the christmas.

Have we been linked with any other strikers apart from parkhouse ?

LBrett91
02/01/2009, 10:23 PM
well i have cousin who is a scout at reading and according to him, birmingham want coleman and will buy him in the next few weeks if he agrees of course. also he thinks he is good enough to make it and would buy him for reading but they have too many right backs. while i do not want to see him go but if the price is right then, we have to think about the money.we need it for more players for europa liga. finally heres hope we got at least 100000 and get a sell on clause in the contract.

Jeebus
03/01/2009, 3:29 AM
well i have cousin who is a scout at reading and according to him, birmingham want coleman and will buy him in the next few weeks if he agrees of course. also he thinks he is good enough to make it and would buy him for reading but they have too many right backs. while i do not want to see him go but if the price is right then, we have to think about the money.we need it for more players for europa liga. finally heres hope we got at least 100000 and get a sell on clause in the contract.

How much would your "cousin" pay for Seamie???

brianw82
03/01/2009, 7:53 PM
How much would your "cousin" pay for Seamie???

A pack of taytos and a sparkly John Barnes panini sticker from 1993.

avvenalaf
03/01/2009, 11:40 PM
Cheese 'n onion or salt 'n vinegar?

Black and White
04/01/2009, 10:25 AM
Is Richie Ryan still with ye or was he just on loan??

Boo_Boy
04/01/2009, 12:24 PM
Coleman plays Brum waiting game.

Seamus Coleman, the Sligo Rovers defender, has admitted that he is itching for a move to England.

Coleman spent a week on trial with Championship side Birmingham City last month and is said to have impressed Blues boss Alex McLeish.

However, Birmingham are yet to table an official bid for the defender, who remains a Sligo player for the time being.

“I was happy enough with the way things went with Birmingham but I’m still a Sligo player at the minute,” said Coleman.

“I’ll just have to wait and see what happens really. I trained with the first team and played a friendly with against Sheffield United. They have an excellent set-up.

“I always said that I would love to play in England. If a move happens, then it happens. I love Sligo though and with so much coming up, I’m looking forward to returning for pre-season in a couple of weeks. Everyone is buzzing in Sligo town at the minute,” he added.

http://www.setanta.com/uk/Articles/Football/2009/2/04/LOI-Coleman-plays-Brum-waiting-game/gnid-33869/

Rovers Maniac
04/01/2009, 12:33 PM
Coleman plays Brum waiting game.

http://www.setanta.com/uk/Articles/Football/2009/2/04/LOI-Coleman-plays-Brum-waiting-game/gnid-33869/

itching? Seems excited about Pre-Season

Red&White Rover
04/01/2009, 1:16 PM
Article in the Sunday Times on Coleman today, but mainly more about how Sean Connor is great for signing him and recommending him to Birmingham of all places.

Rovers1
04/01/2009, 2:03 PM
Is Richie Ryan still with ye or was he just on loan??

he has signed a contract with us, hes a SR player now.

and no, Sean cant have him ;)

Black and White
04/01/2009, 2:10 PM
he has signed a contract with us, hes a SR player now.

and no, Sean cant have him ;)

Obv we cant have him but sure I think ill put a €5 on it that his name will be connected with joining us...every other LOI player has been!!:p

red bellied
04/01/2009, 4:36 PM
Two players supposed to have been signed from Stanley.

forza rovers
04/01/2009, 4:53 PM
names?

SligoBrewer
04/01/2009, 5:07 PM
names?

I hope to God that Lee McEvilly isn't one of them.

sligofan4ever
04/01/2009, 5:41 PM

Where did you hear this ?

Hopefully if its true they'll fit in like most stanley players have in the past.

RedRebel32
05/01/2009, 12:52 AM

100k? I'd laugh at that and tell them where to go.I'd be more than happy to have seamie with us for the next 10 years,and until anyone comes up with a decent offer considering his age also,he should stay with us.Such a young lad with great potential,the minimum i'd take for him personally is 400k with clauses and thats being conservative hes a cracking player

Rovers fan
05/01/2009, 2:23 AM
100k? I'd laugh at that and tell them where to go.I'd be more than happy to have seamie with us for the next 10 years,and until anyone comes up with a decent offer considering his age also,he should stay with us.Such a young lad with great potential,the minimum i'd take for him personally is 400k with clauses and thats being conservative hes a cracking player

For the next 10 years? He's only contracted for another year and considering he seems so keen to go to england there's no hope he will sign a new contract. Seriously like,400k,are you taking the p**s? Derry got way less for mcginn who is a more promising player imho. LOI clubs don't have the bargaining power to demand 400k for a player like seamie. Tbh i'd take 150k and a sell on clause. We're not gonna have him for more than a year and if we don't sell him i don't think in that year he would make 150k of a difference. I hope wherever he goes he does well though cos he's a smashing player with loads of potential.

Inside Man
05/01/2009, 2:26 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Ryan_(footballer_born_1988) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Ryan_%28footballer_born_1988%29)
Jimmy Ryan. Midfielder. Age 20. Irish. Just Released by Stanley and also played for Liverpool Youth team. U-21 Cap.

Thats a rumour I heard. Not reliable though as it hasn't been on so much other things.

Redie
05/01/2009, 1:00 PM
Today's Sun say's Alan Cawley is close to signing.

sligofan4ever
05/01/2009, 7:34 PM
Doe's anyone know if Cook is still trying to sign Parkhouse and Morrison?

On another note i'd say one of the 2 accrington players that are supposed to be joining will be a striker, seeing as the only attacking option we currently got is Boco.

sligofan4ever
05/01/2009, 8:50 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Ryan_(footballer_born_1988) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Ryan_%28footballer_born_1988%29)
Jimmy Ryan. Midfielder. Age 20. Irish. Just Released by Stanley and also played for Liverpool Youth team. U-21 Cap.

Thats a rumour I heard. Not reliable though as it hasn't been on so much other things.

You do know ANYONE can edit wikipedia :rolleyes:.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
06/01/2009, 1:01 AM
I hope to God that Lee McEvilly isn't one of them.

The one who went from Cambridge to Rochdale today?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/7806817.stm

Boo_Boy
06/01/2009, 7:41 AM
You do know ANYONE can edit wikipedia :rolleyes:.

Yea i love editing football player's wiki pages to say they have left their club.

Im such a badass.

redobit
06/01/2009, 9:26 AM
For the next 10 years? He's only contracted for another year and considering he seems so keen to go to england there's no hope he will sign a new contract. Seriously like,400k,are you taking the p**s? Derry got way less for mcginn who is a more promising player imho. LOI clubs don't have the bargaining power to demand 400k for a player like seamie. Tbh i'd take 150k and a sell on clause. We're not gonna have him for more than a year and if we don't sell him i don't think in that year he would make 150k of a difference. I hope wherever he goes he does well though cos he's a smashing player with loads of potential.

Min. for me: 300K + Sell On bonuses + Full International bonuses

red_away
06/01/2009, 11:56 AM
I think we have lost the run of ourselves here with regard to seamie's valuation!

He is only worth what someone will pay and if we got €150k then we would have done very well from this!

Remember the yoyo have increased greatly in value against sterling and that will make it worse for the rovers trying to sell to england and the dreaded credit crunch!

Saying that i want €500k for him!

Red&White Rover
06/01/2009, 12:46 PM
Lads if we get much over 100k it'll be a good deal.

400k is just being in fantasyland

avvenalaf
06/01/2009, 1:34 PM
Min. for me: 300K + Sell On bonuses + Full International bonuses

That sounds about right for you but how much for Seamie?.

red bellied
06/01/2009, 1:39 PM
Meanwhile the future of full-back and Republic of Ireland U-21 international Seamus Coleman is still to be decided. Glasgow Celtic and Birmingham City have both expressed an interest in the 20-year-old Donegal native with the midlands club asking him back for a second week-long trial following a pre-Christmas audition.

Toolan said Birmingham had made an offer but they were still in discussions. He did not wish to disclose a figure and said he hoped the matter would be resolved within the next week.

“I don’t want a situation where Seamus doesn’t know where he’s going. If the player is happy [to go] then it will happen, but if Seamus Coleman wants to stay in the League of Ireland it will be a benefit to the League and Sligo Rovers.”

http://www.sligoweekender.ie/news/story/?trs=mhqlcweyau&cat=sport

Rovers Maniac
06/01/2009, 1:39 PM
ANy word on who are the Stanley players ? That guy would be a great signing, Also with the strength of the Euro i wonder could you tempt a few players over !

red bellied
06/01/2009, 1:46 PM
The manager told the source I heard it from, ah sure Cookie can be a bit of a bluffer himself! No mention of names or positions.

sligofan4ever
06/01/2009, 1:52 PM
Meanwhile the future of full-back and Republic of Ireland U-21 international Seamus Coleman is still to be decided. Glasgow Celtic and Birmingham City have both expressed an interest in the 20-year-old Donegal native with the midlands club asking him back for a second week-long trial following a pre-Christmas audition.

Toolan said Birmingham had made an offer but they were still in discussions. He did not wish to disclose a figure and said he hoped the matter would be resolved within the next week.

“I don’t want a situation where Seamus doesn’t know where he’s going. If the player is happy [to go] then it will happen, but if Seamus Coleman wants to stay in the League of Ireland it will be a benefit to the League and Sligo Rovers.”

http://www.sligoweekender.ie/news/story/?trs=mhqlcweyau&cat=sport

It also said no signings have been made yet, so does this mean its no more than a rumour about the 2 players, or that that they wont officially join until the team's budget for the season is accepted by the FAI ?

red_away
06/01/2009, 2:50 PM
it would be great to sort out seamies future as if he goes we have some cash to play with, maybe not all the fee but some of it and we will know what we need to replace!

SligoBrewer
06/01/2009, 2:52 PM
The one who went from Cambridge to Rochdale today?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/7806817.stm

He was with Accy at the end of last season. Three club rule anyone? ;)

Well Red
06/01/2009, 3:39 PM
Happy that no new firm signings have been made yet apart from some of last seasons players, the desperate situation with other LOI clubs could yet see some interesting names becoming available. It has to be difficult for even good players to find new clubs anywhere, when you see how far some of them have to go to try and find a club. I am not wishing other clubs misfortune as we do need the likes of Finn Harps, Drogheda and Athlone in the league, would prefer to see one or two Dublin clubs drop out. Cooke once again is showing his good judgement by playing a cool hand and anyway he needs to know what is the situation with Seamus Coleman going to be and what is his budget likely to be. Anyway with Cooke on board I am beginning to feel good about the coming season as the likes of Pats and Bohs are unlikely to be the forces they were and Drogs are really struggling, fancy Shams to be a contender this year if they can make ends meet

neutrino
06/01/2009, 5:52 PM
If jay o'shea commanded a reputed fee of 375k (albeit apparently a dead transfer now - at least to derby)then can someone tell me how seamus coleman would be worth less. The lad has done the business over a number of seasons and is pure quality. Cant see why we cant expect in or around such a figure (If above is true) for Coleman.

Inside Man
06/01/2009, 6:40 PM
If jay o'shea commanded a reputed fee of 375k (albeit apparently a dead transfer now - at least to derby)then can someone tell me how seamus coleman would be worth less. The lad has done the business over a number of seasons and is pure quality. Cant see why we cant expect in or around such a figure (If above is true) for Coleman.

Jay O 'Shea is way over priced. However him winning awards in the league this year is one reason why so many clubs have been after him, and this in turn has pushed up his Market value.
I rate Coleman much better than Jay O'Shea, however I'd be surprised if Rovers got 100k for him. People saying he'll command a price of 400k is just laughable.

Valairian
06/01/2009, 7:19 PM

Any more news on these Accy players yet????

Rovers Maniac
06/01/2009, 7:22 PM
Any more news on these Accy players yet????

You tell us? :)

Rory H
07/01/2009, 12:22 PM
Don Givens, Ireland U21 manager:

“Seamus Coleman (Sligo Rovers) is another player who had a good season with us and he is a player I would be recommending highly to a club offering him a full-time career. He is a very good defender and decent on the ball and he is a player well capable of making a living from the game.”

gustavo
07/01/2009, 12:41 PM
Givens must think we're paying Seamie in sweets or something

red_away
07/01/2009, 2:02 PM
Givens must think we're paying Seamie in sweets or something

No ....we were paying foy in sweets, Seamie gets paid his weight in herrings!

Terry
07/01/2009, 6:53 PM
I hear that John Russell will being joining up with ye , easily GUFC's best player if he stayed injury free.

sligoman
07/01/2009, 7:48 PM
I hear that John Russell will being joining up with ye , easily GUFC's best player if he stayed injury free.What position is he? Did you hear if he's full-time or part-time?