PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Rumours/Suggestions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

srfc1928
05/12/2008, 4:42 PM
:rolleyes: Do you understand what examinership is?
Do you understand how UCD you sound

Of course its not fair, but it was that or go bust. Our players will get all their money and the same players have agreed wage cuts SO that we could sign more players and be competitive next year, players that had no obligation to do so.
You dont need to explain corks situation on here im not that bothered

So maybe you should see what they think before getting all offended on their behalf.
The only person getting offended is yourself micls,
chill out

micls
05/12/2008, 4:48 PM
Do you understand how UCD you sound

:confused: Em okay....

You dont need to explain corks situation on here im not that bothered. The only person getting offended is yourself micls,
chill out

Its alright lad. You can just admit you didnt know what you were talking about

Boo_Boy
05/12/2008, 4:50 PM
Are you ladies gunna shut up anytime soon?

Don't see what it has to do with Sligo Rovers transfer rumours.

micls
05/12/2008, 4:52 PM
Are you ladies gunna shut up anytime soon?
is srfc a lady too :eek:

Don't see what it has to do with Sligo Rovers transfer rumours.

Just responding to a post.

Enjoy your transfer speculation

red bellied
06/12/2008, 11:28 AM
http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/birmingham-city-fc/birmingham-city-fc-news/2008/12/06/alex-mcleish-has-stressed-blues-were-monitoring-irish-defender-seamus-coleman-and-had-not-agreed-a-transfer-from-sligo-rovers-97319-22417257/

The 20-year-old played in a friendly against Sheffield United on Thursday – Blues lost 1-0 – and showed up well. But McLeish insisted no decision had been made about him.

“Sligo were prepared to let him train with us this week,” said the Blues boss. “They gave us permission to play him in a closed doors game. He trained well with us, he did quite well. We will monitor that. But there’s nothing imminent.”

Knappagh Red
06/12/2008, 4:28 PM
. Crowds in the late eighties and early nineties were probably better than now.

You must have been in a different Showgrounds to me, crowds in the late eighties were terrible except for Derry and the odd cup game

Nah Nah Nah Nah
07/12/2008, 12:34 PM
You must have been in a different Showgrounds to me, crowds in the late eighties were terrible except for Derry and the odd cup game

But it was cold, raining, most of us were standing and we were happy being miserable

sligofan4ever
07/12/2008, 3:02 PM
I read in the star yesterday that Cook wants to sign Michael Keane. Is there any truth to this ? if it true I don't know why Cookie would want him, he would never break into the first team we have now IMO.

RedRebel32
07/12/2008, 3:24 PM
I read in the star yesterday that Cook wants to sign Michael Keane. Is there any truth to this ? if it true I don't know why Cookie would want him, he would never break into the first team we have now IMO.

i agree,wouldn't be my choice either but perhaps he is thinking cheap cover i dunno

dong
07/12/2008, 3:28 PM
Maybe rose tinted glasses alright. Maybe in general the crowds weren't huge. I do member in 1987 I think it was, a cup game with shams ( featuring the much hated Vinny Arkins ). We had the legendary Ski in our team. He was past his best but some of the touched were sublime. There was a massive crowd at that game. Over 5 thousand without a doubt. Probably closer to 6. You couldn't move in the place.
I'm not sure that could be achieved nowadays.

sligofan4ever
07/12/2008, 3:51 PM
Well he is a free agent and we have a very small squad to work with. He was on E3,200 a week at St.Pats and he rarely featured. According to him he was assigned as a ballboy during training.

avvenalaf
07/12/2008, 4:07 PM
Still, himself and Foyzer would make some back four.

brianw82
07/12/2008, 6:25 PM

Witty as a fox in a tuxedo. POTM? :)

avvenalaf
07/12/2008, 7:33 PM
Witty as a fox in a tuxedo. POTM? :)

Thank you. You've been a wonderful audience. Good night and safe home.

thesilverfox
08/12/2008, 10:40 AM

Keane plays in central midfield:confused:

avvenalaf
08/12/2008, 6:43 PM
You know, Silverfox, sometimes I wonder why I bother.

showgies
08/12/2008, 7:00 PM
Shall I explain it to him avven?

thesilverfox
09/12/2008, 10:15 AM
You know, Silverfox, sometimes I wonder why I bother.
I do too, along most most others id say

Dodge
09/12/2008, 10:24 AM
A couple of things on Keane. 1) He wasn't on anywhere near 3,200. We got the full figures of his pay out etc last week at a patron's meeting 2) If he's anywhere near fit, he's a terrific footballer 3) He's unlikely to be "anywhere near fit"

dong
09/12/2008, 12:32 PM
A couple of things on Keane. 1) He wasn't on anywhere near 3,200. We got the full figures of his pay out etc last week at a patron's meeting 2) If he's anywhere near fit, he's a terrific footballer 3) He's unlikely to be "anywhere near fit"
Do you mean in the sense that he gets injured a lot or just that he's lazy/overweight?

Dodge
09/12/2008, 12:49 PM
The weight is the main issue

avvenalaf
09/12/2008, 12:56 PM
I do too, along most most others id say

Foxy, when I was going to school and they bullied me I told them, sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me. It was sticks and stones all the way after that.

(with thanks to Peter Kay)

dublinred
16/12/2008, 1:10 PM
Raf, Boco and Doherty re-signed , Mauro is been offered an improved deal , curran ,mc tiernan and feeney in negotiations and budget circa 10k a week according to Paul Lennon in the star today.

sligofan4ever
16/12/2008, 1:32 PM
Raf, Boco and Doherty re-signed , Mauro is been offered an improved deal , curran ,mc tiernan and feeney in negotiations and budget circa 10k a week according to Paul Lennon in the star today.

It also said McDaid and Jennings gone back to Derry, and Matthew Judge is being released.

naoise kennedy
16/12/2008, 3:22 PM
are you lot still after alan cawley,, any deal done yet..

Inside Man
16/12/2008, 7:45 PM
feeney in negotiations
Don't tell me we are paying him? I thought he was just aroung the club part-time, epenses paid.
Well can't say he is worth any more than that the lad. Did very little for us playing wise last year, Although he is the u20 manager so maybe thats whats keeping him in the squad?

Toolin said today that the budget for next year has been submitted to the FAI, Rovers are awaiting clearance of the approval of the budget before signing any players.

Rovers1
16/12/2008, 8:24 PM
Toolin said today that the budget for next year has been submitted to the FAI, Rovers are awaiting clearance of the approval of the budget before signing any players.

where'd he say this, did he text you?

Redkenrover
16/12/2008, 9:21 PM
It also said McDaid and Jennings gone back to Derry, and Matthew Judge is being released.

I know this has probably been posted a million times but does anyone know exactly who has been released from the squad and who has been signed for next season?

sligofan4ever
16/12/2008, 9:28 PM
I know this has probably been posted a million times but does anyone know exactly who has been released from the squad and who has been signed for next season?

AFAIK

Coleman,Doherty,Boco,Peers and Cretaro are under contract for next season anyways while I presume McDaid,Jennings and Judge are all on their way out.

sligoman
16/12/2008, 9:59 PM
where'd he say this, did he text you?Maybe he did but he also said it in the Weekender.

AFAIK

Coleman,Doherty,Boco,Peers and Cretaro are under contract for next season anywaysPlus Brush, Ryan, Butler and Ventre. Others possibly, that's all I know/can think of now.

sligofan4ever
16/12/2008, 10:05 PM
Maybe he did but he also said it in the Weekender.
Plus Brush, Ryan, Butler and Ventre. Others possibly, that's all I know/can think of now.

Did he not only join on a loan for 2008 season? either way glad to see he's here for another season.

Only1Rovers
16/12/2008, 10:20 PM
Did he not only join on a loan for 2008 season? either way glad to see he's here for another season.

Loan? From who? He wasn't with a club prior to joining Rovers

Rovers1
16/12/2008, 11:23 PM

loves his media does that fella

Rovers Maniac
17/12/2008, 1:26 AM
Loan? From who? He wasn't with a club prior to joining Rovers

Royal Antwerp as it was reported at the time.

redobit
17/12/2008, 8:27 AM

From memory he was was released from RA, so he hadnt got a club. Doherty was a friend of his and suggested to Cook he come to Rovers.

Only1Rovers
17/12/2008, 1:00 PM

He was released from Antwerp.

Rovers Maniac
17/12/2008, 1:58 PM
Maybe slightly out of date now but this says he joined on loan. Also it must have been reported on here that he was coming on loan to us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richie_Ryan_(footballer)

http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=965035&postcount=1

sligo23
17/12/2008, 6:59 PM
From memory he was was released from RA, so he hadnt got a club. Doherty was a friend of his and suggested to Cook he come to Rovers.
Mark Rossier also had a large part to play in him coming to us, they played together at Sunderland and afaik he contacted Mark before coming.
Just taught i'd let ye all know:p

sligofan4ever
17/12/2008, 7:09 PM
Doe's anyone know if our budget was approved by the FAI ?

Boo_Boy
18/12/2008, 8:34 AM
Cook says in the champion that he and Carr hope to have signed new contracts within a week.

red_away
18/12/2008, 9:58 AM
Cook says in the champion that he and Carr hope to have signed new contracts within a week.

That would be great news - gives confidence to players negotiating current contracts and potential signings!!!

Only1Rovers
18/12/2008, 5:39 PM
Completely unrelated I know but. Sean Connor has signed Darren Mansaram for the Lillywhites. He's exactly the sort of player we're missing.

sligofan4ever
18/12/2008, 5:43 PM
Plus Brush, Ryan, Butler and Ventre. Others possibly, that's all I know/can think of now.

Probably a bit late in replying to this but I think Cashie is signed up for next season aswell according to the champion.

So would this be fairly accurate

Players for next season:
Richard Brush
Seamie Coleman
Gavin Peers
Chris Butler
Danny Ventre
Sean Doherty
Rafael Cretaro
Richie Ryan
Brian Cash
Romould Boco.

I presume O' Grady and Curran will sign new contracts aswell.

SligoBrewer
18/12/2008, 9:51 PM
Completely unrelated I know but. Sean Connor has signed Darren Mansaram for the Lillywhites. He's exactly the sort of player we're missing.
Someone overrated?

red bellied
19/12/2008, 10:15 AM
http://www.derryjournal.com/derry-sport/Ollie-Cahill-bound-for-Brandywell.4808941.jp

But he did confirm that first team squad members, Seamus Sharkey and David McDaid, would both be released on loan to other eircom League clubs for next season. Sharkey, a young centre-half, will join Sligo Rovers for the 2009 campaign while striker, McDaid, who spent last season at the Showgrounds, will join Paul Hegarty at Finn Harps.

Only1Rovers
19/12/2008, 10:19 AM
According to the Derry Journal were taking another player on loan from Derry. Seamus Sharkey, center half. David McDaid is going out on loan to Harps from Derry.

http://www.derryjournal.com/derry-sport/Ollie-Cahill-bound-for-Brandywell.4808941.jp

celticV3
19/12/2008, 10:26 AM

But he did confirm that first team squad members, Seamus Sharkey and David McDaid, would both be released on loan to other eircom League clubs for next season. Sharkey, a young centre-half, will join Sligo Rovers for the 2009 campaign while striker, McDaid, who spent last season at the Showgrounds, will join Paul Hegarty at Finn Harps.

According to the Derry Journal were taking another player on loan from Derry. Seamus Sharkey, center half. David McDaid is going out on loan to Harps from Derry.

Same poster?:eek:

daz22
19/12/2008, 10:59 AM
wasnt richie ryan with sunderland, then a few poor lower division sides who he could not get a game with. wondering did he play much at RA?? he was a talented player underage but a big waste

Rovers Maniac
19/12/2008, 11:04 AM
wasnt richie ryan with sunderland, then a few poor lower division sides who he could not get a game with. wondering did he play much at RA?? he was a talented player underage but a big waste

I thought done really well when he came in and was a major factor in us getting into Europe as he gave the team a lot of shape.

dong
19/12/2008, 9:00 PM
I thought done really well when he came in and was a major factor in us getting into Europe as he gave the team a lot of shape.
I agree. He isn't spectacular but he doesn't give the ball away and that's needed as the same couldn't be said for O'Grady, for all his qualities.