PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Rumours/Suggestions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

avvenalaf
30/11/2009, 8:36 PM
But also remember that you read it in The Star.

Only1Rovers
30/11/2009, 10:28 PM
I said seems to be gone, only saying what the Morning Star said on the 21/11/09 "Turner is believed to have signed for Sligo on standard player contract which the FAI are no longer accepting"
If you say he is going to be with us next year I am very happy but remember this is the same FAI who made a laughing stock out of us today when the asked for Ireland to be but in as the 33 team in the draw for the World Cup, so anything is possible with those b......s

I know this is off the subject but their is probably some train of thought in the FAI deciding to ask for entry to the World Cup. We all know the ROI wont make South Africa but they could bargain for better seeding in the forthcoming European Championship Qualifiers.

Back to the point. where did you even read between the lines that he "seemed" to be gone?

blackholesun
01/12/2009, 3:22 PM
If Sligo messed up the paperwork and Turner is now having second thoughts as he has assumed he would be in Europe this year if Sligo won the Cup, how is all that the FAIs fault? It appears that the paperwork ****-up by Sligo has given him a chance to reconsider!

bhs

red_away
01/12/2009, 3:59 PM
Rovers mgmt have stated that the contract CT signed was the correct valid FAI contract at that moment and the new contract was released the following day and hence could not have been signed by CT. Therefore it stands as there was no alternative contract!

rovers100%
01/12/2009, 4:15 PM
what date can we officially sign players ???

srfc1928
01/12/2009, 8:38 PM
Rovers mgmt have stated that the contract CT signed was the correct valid FAI contract at that moment and the new contract was released the following day and hence could not have been signed by CT. Therefore it stands as there was no alternative contract!
Exactly. The contract Turner signed was valid as the FAI hadnt issued the new one at the time.
So does that make all contracts signed in the past and still in operation null and void. Same principal.

sligorover
02/12/2009, 9:56 AM
What was the latest with N'do? I take it he won't be signing?

red arrow
02/12/2009, 10:26 AM
no ndo

Red4Eva
02/12/2009, 2:38 PM
http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/kendrick-is-forced-back-on--the-road-1961146.html

sligofan4ever
02/12/2009, 4:38 PM
http://www.sligoweekender.ie/news/story/?trs=mhsnojqlid&cat=sport

Shame about Morrison, what a waste.

Unlucky Jim.

Richie Ryan might not be going after all, are you excited as I am Shedzer ?!

Real Rover
02/12/2009, 8:44 PM
Rumour has it Amond signed.

Only1Rovers
02/12/2009, 8:59 PM

Cook is still on holidays. I would have thought there would be no movement on new signings until he returned.

Shedzer
02/12/2009, 11:13 PM

Ya it say's on the Shams forum that he signed a two year contract with us last night..

CF1989
02/12/2009, 11:29 PM
how about jim amond?

sligoman
02/12/2009, 11:30 PM
Almond would be a huge signing somewhat similar to Morrision last year, dont like the nickname 'Podge' though, we will have to come up with something beterWe'll have to get his name right first;).

sligofan4ever
02/12/2009, 11:32 PM
Almond would be a huge signing somewhat similar to Morrision last year, dont like the nickname 'Podge' though, we will have to come up with something beter

You've just inspired the nickname 'nuts' for him ;)

Real Rover
03/12/2009, 12:00 AM
Steady on lads there's nothing confirmed. Just heard from a good source.

Only1Rovers
03/12/2009, 8:42 AM
You've just inspired the nickname 'nuts' for him ;)

Hopefully if he does/has signed he'll resemble a Brazilian.... eh, eh, Brazilian.... anybody...?

gustavo
03/12/2009, 12:04 PM
Almond would be a huge signing somewhat similar to Morrision last year, dont like the nickname 'Podge' though, we will have to come up with something beter

So Meehan, Cooke Bocu and Almond. Its not rocket science spelling their names right and its disrespectfull

:D

Rovers1
03/12/2009, 12:09 PM

Paraic?

CF1989
03/12/2009, 2:27 PM
Dan Murray is a donkey

redobit
03/12/2009, 2:40 PM
Dan Murray is a donkey

Maybe so, he did organise and lead the Cork team well the night they whiped us at home this season.

dublinred
03/12/2009, 2:48 PM
Maybe so, he did organise and lead the Cork team well the night they whiped us at home this season.

Is Murray the tall guy with an english accent?

Rovers1
03/12/2009, 2:52 PM
Dan Murray is a donkey

I agree, but a few people have pointed out to me in the past few weeks, every successful LoI team had a donkey at the back.

redobit
03/12/2009, 2:59 PM
Is Murray the tall guy with an english accent?

Ya, Cork captain too

dublinred
03/12/2009, 3:07 PM
Ya, Cork captain too

He is a good donkey and would be a welcome addition.

MMVIII
03/12/2009, 3:20 PM
Have to agree, think Murray would be a very good signing.

That's if he's not looking for mad wages

redobit
03/12/2009, 4:06 PM
Speaking of centre halves, thought the Waterford captain the night of the Cup semi final was v good. Good in the air and well able to pass it. Young lad too.

avvenalaf
03/12/2009, 4:29 PM
Whats this ****e about Dan Murray, im a beter centre half than him, my wages wont be as big either

Well, you're right about half of that anyway.

sligorover
03/12/2009, 6:21 PM
Murray would be an allright signing as long as he's alongside Peers and not as a replacement for. Better than Camano anyways.

Well Red
03/12/2009, 6:28 PM
We'll have to get his name right first;).

And his second name if you look at the two previous posts

adamcarr
03/12/2009, 6:29 PM
Whats this ****e about Dan Murray, im a beter centre half than him, my wages wont be as big either

Oh dear God!:eek:

Dan Murray is one of the best if not the best centre half playing in the LOI. We'd be lost without him.

micls
03/12/2009, 6:29 PM
Dan Murray is a donkey

Clueless.

Our most important player in the last 3 years by a country mile.

Rock solid in defence, scores, fantastic leader and an incredible football brain. Also one of the more footballing centre backs i've seen in the LOI. His passing long range and short range is excellent.

Always hilarious to see other fans judge him on how he looks i.e. ridiculously awkward. If ye are ever lucky enough to see him week in week out then it'l be less than 3 months before ye're all raving about him, and he's ye're captain.

The one player that I'll be really gutted to see go.

1st time post
03/12/2009, 6:49 PM
Have to agree with the Cork fans on this 1, think Murray is a class act. I dont remember too many bad games hes played against us and seems to be a great on the pitch influence something which we sorely missed in the Cup Final without O Grady. He would be ideal beside Peers and think they would compliment each other very well. Definitely better than the Keane/Camano, Keane/Ventre combos we played a lot of last season with. As someone already said if he ended up signing that its to play with Peers not replace him. Cant imagine he would uproot to here for cheap tho??

avvenalaf
03/12/2009, 10:03 PM
Why not? At least he'd get his wages and he wouldn't be running around Sligo the day of an away match gathering money to pay for The Dooley Express.

avvenalaf
03/12/2009, 11:02 PM
He is an extremely poor footballer, he's stong and tall, thats it. He hoofs all day long. Id play Marshall centre half before this bluffer

I assume this post is a wind up/**** stir. Otherwise, why would you wish to publicly display your lack of knowledge of Irish football?.

1st time post
03/12/2009, 11:20 PM
Why not? At least he'd get his wages and he wouldn't be running around Sligo the day of an away match gathering money to pay for The Dooley Express.

A very good point, surprising i actually hadnt taut of that and surely it would be a good boost to his morale and form to be actually playin games having been paid:D:D

Not sure what league youve been watching A.Dolan but Dan Murray would walk into our team.The guys been a near ever present in a Cork team that have won the league and Cup in the last 4 years and who bar a points deduction(thoroughly deserved btw!!) have comfortably finished ahead of us since our return to the league. Its exactly this type of player we should be targeting(as well as trying to hold on to our own stars)who we need if we are going to kick on and become a top 3 team next year. Mcglynn from Derry another player who would help us to do this. Just out of interest any centre-haleves in this league who would be genuinely available that you would think would be a better addition??

CF1989
03/12/2009, 11:56 PM
Murray would be an allright signing as long as he's alongside Peers and not as a replacement for. Better than Camano anyways.

how dare you!:mad:

1st time post
03/12/2009, 11:58 PM
I totally agree with ya regards Peers but im sorry i cant believe that your puttin keano in there as vastly superior to Murray. Im a fan of his and no doubt he always gives 100% but the guy always makes 1 or 2 big errors in a game that always give the other team either a big chance or a goal. I think hes a decent full-back but if we want to be challenging for honours next year we would need to have a squad where Keano would be a decent squad player but nothing more than that coz he jus makes too amny errors.

Ill give ya Foran but i think i read somewhere today that he got a trial across the water with someone??Garry Breen absolutely no chance and im pretty sure Ger O Brien is a right-back(at least when ive seen him??) and not a great 1 at that.

Redie
04/12/2009, 9:09 AM
Peers linked with Fingal on another thread.

sligoman
04/12/2009, 12:08 PM
http://foot.ie/forums/showpost.php?p=1287772&postcount=256

avvenalaf
04/12/2009, 2:54 PM
And a guy who couldn't get a game with Longford would be a great signing because...............

CarrickFan
04/12/2009, 3:47 PM
Peers linked with Fingal on another thread.

would be hugely disappointed if he left us for Fingal...no ground,no fans etc...think there is more to him than that.

srfc1928
04/12/2009, 6:18 PM
I heard something about Gary Curran coming back which would be a great signing
Id like to see Gary come back.
There are some decent part time players around the area that wouldnt cost too much and would boost the squad.
Rather than traveling to games with only one sub on the bench.
Colm Jinks and Michael Funston are another two that spring to mind.

Martinho II
04/12/2009, 7:07 PM
Last I heard all GUFC players were on the transfer list, Ger O'Brian was a centre half until he went to Derry, beter centre half than right back imo.

I heard something about Gary Curran coming back which would be a great signing

that would be a pity if gary curran came back to ye.. he had a good season for us but as its his local team...

Martinho II
04/12/2009, 7:09 PM
Id like to see Gary come back.
There are some decent part time players around the area that wouldnt cost too much and would boost the squad.
Rather than traveling to games with only one sub on the bench.
Colm Jinks and Michael Funston are another two that spring to mind.

ye are welcome to jinks I didnt think he played well with us. I am surprised Jason McCartney isnt mentioned.. He was one of my favourite players from last season he has a fantastic engine..

CarrickFan
04/12/2009, 9:07 PM
ye are welcome to jinks I didnt think he played well with us. I am surprised Jason McCartney isnt mentioned.. He was one of my favourite players from last season he has a fantastic engine..

Never rated Jason when he was here or the few games i seen him with Athlone...Think Gary is a decent footballer but he couldnt force his way into the first 11 when he was here....with all due respect to the players and Longford Town if we are to push on and be a top premier division side these players shouldnt be getting a look in with Rovers.

Cloggs
04/12/2009, 10:38 PM
He is a very good footballer, beter than the likes of Fallon, Torphy, Meenan

I taught he played centre half

is torpey still playing with rovers?

Longfordian
04/12/2009, 10:39 PM
Never rated Jason when he was here or the few games i seen him with Athlone...Think Gary is a decent footballer but he couldnt force his way into the first 11 when he was here....with all due respect to the players and Longford Town if we are to push on and be a top premier division side these players shouldnt be getting a look in with Rovers.

Yeah to be honest they're decent 1st Division players and not much more in my opinion. Curran was more impressive for me than Jinks but even then he was never dominating anybody he played against though he did knock in a couple of goals. They shouldn't be making your team if you're looking to improve on last year.

CF1989
04/12/2009, 10:52 PM
torpey had a bad facial injury during the season....hasnt played in a few months