PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Rumours/Suggestions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

feo123
15/02/2008, 5:06 PM
Anyone hear anything about Mark Rossitor signing

nota thing. would we need a right back/midfielder? not sure if hes played centre back before like, so would be brought here as a full back or winger....and we have coleman, cash, raff and murphy on the right already, id still love him to come, he's quality

did you hear something?

Rory H
16/02/2008, 10:11 AM
From A.S. site

Former Accrington Stanley midfielder Romauld Boco, is due to fly to Ireland this weekend to conclude his transfer to Sligo Rovers, currently managed by former Stanley man Paul Cook.

Hopefully he'll be signed in time for Athlone

feo123
16/02/2008, 6:21 PM
doubt theres a time limit as its a friendly, even players on trial can play afaik

feo123
19/02/2008, 12:25 AM
almeida look pretty decent tonight i thought, didnt have much to do but was commanding enough

red bellied
20/02/2008, 5:52 PM
Almeida looks like he will sign a contract later this week. Moore still in talks and Feeney still training with Rovers.

Royal rover
21/02/2008, 6:58 AM
can someone remind me when where and when we had steve feeney - the rings a bell , was he part of the squad that won the first division under super seanie

Redie
21/02/2008, 8:50 AM
Steve, who is a local lad, joined the club when Don O'Roirdan was in charge and stayed for three or four seasons including the season we got promoted but I think that was his last season with us. He was a versatile player who played mainly centre half or centre midfield and on occasions up front. He scored a good few goals from midfield and I suppose best remembered for his extra time winner against Shels in the 2003 FA Cup third round in Tolka Park and if I am not mistaken he received a second yellow card in the last minute of that game but was not sent off by the referee.

neutrino
21/02/2008, 12:19 PM
and if I am not mistaken he received a second yellow card in the last minute of that game but was not sent off by the referee.

that was Gareth Gorman who should have been sent off - who then delivered the set-piece which Feeney headed in.

Redie
21/02/2008, 1:09 PM
Originally Posted by neutrino
that was Gareth Gorman who should have been sent off - who then delivered the set-piece which Feeney headed in.

I'm very reluctant to question you neutrino as I was on a ferry to france when that game was being played and i'm sure you are correct in saying that it was Gareth Gorman who was shown the second yellow card but I thought the score was 3 - 2 at the time he got the second and the final whistle followed almost immediately. I think it was for those reasons Shels did not lodge an objection to the result of the game but they were looking for financial compensation due to the incident and ever since that mistake by the match referee both assistant referees now record any bookings in matches as well as the referee.

sligoman
21/02/2008, 1:36 PM
I thought the score was 3 - 2 at the time he got the second and the final whistle followed almost immediately.No, neutrino's right. Gorman set up the goal when really he should have been in the dressing room. That's why Shels lodged a complaint saying Gorman influenced the result.

red bellied
21/02/2008, 3:57 PM
No, neutrino's right. Gorman set up the goal when really he should have been in the dressing room. That's why Shels lodged a complaint saying Gorman influenced the result.

Gorman never received the second yellow until the dying seconds of the game thus never influencing any aspect of the game.

Redie
21/02/2008, 4:06 PM
Lads I am very reluctant to labour this point as I accept there is a degree of splitting hairs here but I have been digging out a few articles from that time and it would appear that Gareth Gorman was sent off with a minute remaining and the score was 3 - 2 at the time. I would suggest that Gorman did put in the cross for Feeney to score but that was before he got his second yellow. below is an article from the sligo weekender from that time.

SLIGO Rovers boss Don O’Riordan should know his club’s FAI Cup fate after tomorrow night’s [Wednesday] crunch FAI meeting in Dublin.
The FAI’s domestic committee are meeting to consider what action to take after referee David McKeon’s failure to send off Sligo’s Gareth Gorman after giving him his second yellow card in the final minute of last Thursday night’s Carlsberg FAI Cup clash involving Sligo Rovers and Shelbourne.
Rovers’ magnificent 3-2 third round victory over Shelbourne – after extra-time – has been clouded by referee David McKeon’s failure to send off Gorman after giving him a second yellow card, 60 seconds from time.
But the Rovers supremo said it would be a travesty of justice if his heroic young side are forced into a replay against Shelbourne.
“It would put the game back to the dark ages,” said the manager, whose side played Finn Harps in an eircom League First Division game last night [Monday].
“It is an anxious time but I want people to remember what these young lads have achieved. They were superb and they scored three great goals.”
“Sligo people are comparing this victory to the great Cup win in 1993. There’s a real buzz back and it is important that we don’t get distracted by something like this.”
“I know there is a UEFA precedent where a game [UEFA Champions League ‘Qualifier’] between FC Tirol and Lokomotiv Moscow was replayed in 2001 when a Moscow player stayed on the pitch after getting two yellow cards. But he was on the pitch for almost 76 minutes.”
“Gareth [Gorman] was not interfering with the play and he was only there for about a minute. I remember when I was with Galway United where Ian Rossiter got two yellow cards and there was no further action.”
“It would be a tragedy if this went to a replay. But I don’t think that Shelbourne really want it either.”
“Their manager Pat Fenlon and his players all congratulated us on the victory. It is really annoying that the focus is shifting on this aspect after a superb victory.”
“Sligo Rovers stood up and were counted when it really counted,” stated O’Riordan.
“Nobody gave us a chance against Shels in either the Showgrounds or Tolka Park. We have been given a taste of Premier action and we want more. There is a gap between us and the top teams but we are determined to make up that gap.”
“The focus is on building on the Tolka Park success,” he added.

neutrino
22/02/2008, 11:54 AM
well gorman was the player that should have been sent off either way. Not really a worthy piece of trivia anyway cos that result was ruined by being dumped out of the cup by Galway !!

Rovers1
22/02/2008, 12:23 PM
well gorman was the player that should have been sent off either way. Not really a worthy piece of trivia anyway cos that result was ruined by being dumped out of the cup by Galway !!

was priceless though the aul fella running on the pitch towards Ian Stokes.... the worst referreeing i have ever seen at a LOI game.

neutrino
22/02/2008, 12:53 PM
was priceless though the aul fella running on the pitch towards Ian Stokes.... the worst referreeing i have ever seen at a LOI game.

ah true - I think the worst reffing though that I've ever seen in all my years was when Alan Kelly failed to award a goal to Bohs (i think) against Bray. think bohs hammered em but that has to be worst thing i've seen. Some refs get decisions wrong but that was just terrible. Did him no harm on the international reffing front tho. makes you wonder if such things get reported to UEFA at all !!

forza rovers
22/02/2008, 3:33 PM
and then the he got rugby tackled to the ground

Rovers fan
22/02/2008, 4:41 PM

yeah that was absolutely hilarious!!

feo123
25/02/2008, 1:24 PM
Drogheda Signed a Senagalise striker today pending international clearance....maybe they've given up on Faz :)

sligoman
25/02/2008, 3:49 PM
Levi Tierney has signed for Athlone, no loss.

EDIT: According to Forza Rovers forum, Cook's rumoured to be looking to sign Alan O'Hara, brother of John. A centre back, used to play in US, he was on trial with Galway recently.

biscuit
25/02/2008, 5:55 PM
Levi Tierney has signed for Athlone, no loss.

EDIT: According to Forza Rovers forum, Cook's rumoured to be looking to sign Alan O'Hara, brother of John. A centre back, used to play in US, he was on trial with Galway recently.

Think hes been training, was up here anyways. Played with him for the IT a few years back. Footballing centre half, very composed on the ball. He went to america on a scholarship and played for clemson,one of the biggest schools there. Played for Crystal Palace USA last year in the USL, which isnt a bad standard.

rovers77
25/02/2008, 8:30 PM

and then the he got rugby tackled to the ground

Yeah, I remember that too, it was really funny, and everybody urging the aul fella on until the steward caught him, not too far away from the ref. He could really run too for an aul fella! But I remember thinking afterwards that Rovers would have been in serious trouble if he actually did manage to catch the ref and did something to him.

Rory H
26/02/2008, 2:18 PM
Drogheda Signed a Senagalise striker today pending international clearance....maybe they've given up on Faz :)

they made a bid 35k for him according to the star today

forza rovers
26/02/2008, 3:49 PM
they made a bid 35k for him according to the star todaythey had offered that 3-4 weeks ago

Redie
27/02/2008, 2:58 PM
In the Champion Rovers confirmed the signing of Mauro Almeida and Alan Moore. Almeida is signed until July for now.

villarover
27/02/2008, 6:19 PM
Can we still bring in players after the deadline tonight?

villarover
27/02/2008, 6:25 PM
they made a bid 35k for him according to the star today
It was 40k in the sligo post today that they supposed to have bid.

Rovers1
27/02/2008, 6:49 PM
thought the deadline was Friday night?

after the deadline we can only sign loan players and free transfers

villarover
27/02/2008, 7:02 PM
It was in the Star today that the deadline was tonight, maybe they got it wrong.

Think cookie by the sounds of it has done all his spending by now after getting moore and almeida on contracts ...

BobtheDrog
27/02/2008, 7:49 PM
not sure what we bid but it was turned down and doolin decided that he'd sign him when his contract runs out instead. :o

DocRovers
27/02/2008, 7:58 PM
No doubt Doolin will do his thing again. Hopefully Faz does'nt slip in the shower before we play you. Cookie might put a ban on players washing in the lead up to games with you.

sligoman
27/02/2008, 8:02 PM
Hopefully Faz does'nt slip in the shower before we play you.Good to see shower boy only make the bench last night, didn't get a run at all:D.

villarover
27/02/2008, 8:03 PM
not sure what we bid but it was turned down and doolin decided that he'd sign him when his contract runs out instead. :o
If your on about Faz too right it was turned down.... If ye want quality and that what Faz is by the way, you have to pay for it. Ye were told from day one that it was 100k and mr doolin must stilll have taught if he held out for long enough the smaller club would buckle....
Do ye think just because your champions that everyone wants to join ye?

redtildead
27/02/2008, 8:35 PM
Apparently Doolin said this 3 weeks ago after the previous bid was rejected. Why was there another offer in the last few days so?

Also I cant understand why ye need him. Bates, Grant, Zayed, Fabio, Ristilla and the 6ft 6 lad ye signed this week. Faz would only end up like Hughes on the bench Im afraid. Better off staying with us

Rovers fan
27/02/2008, 9:01 PM
Apparently Doolin said this 3 weeks ago after the previous bid was rejected. Why was there another offer in the last few days so?

Also I cant understand why ye need him. Bates, Grant, Zayed, Fabio, Ristilla and the 6ft 6 lad ye signed this week. Faz would only end up like Hughes on the bench Im afraid. Better off staying with us

I presume they only got the senegalese fella because they failed to gat faz. They got him for cheapen too. I agree they had too many strikers as it was, a bit stupid as fellas will get p1ssed of being on the bench.

villarover
27/02/2008, 9:13 PM

Ya they bid 40k on monday but cookie turned it down also.....that was there final bid!
I wonder what Faz attitude will be like for the season, will he work hard or go through the motions until the summer transfer windows opens?
Like it or not he wanted to leave us in the close season for whatever reason and knowing football prob money!

Boo_Boy
28/02/2008, 1:00 PM
3 new signings confirmed on the website

http://www.sligorovers.com/content/view/480/1/

red bellied
28/02/2008, 1:47 PM
AS THE eircom League transfer deadline passed as of midnight last night, Sligo Rovers sensationally rejected a last-ditch offer from Drogheda United for talented Bosnian Fahrudin Kudozovic.

Paul Doolin is a long-term admirer of the versatile midfielder but his late bid for the want-away 22-year-old, thought to be around the region of €40,000, wasn't enough to prize him away from the Bit 'O Red.

Sligo were the busiest of clubs yesterday as Paul Cook made some shrewd signings, snapping up former Shelbourne and Ireland International player Alan Moore as well as former Porto defender Mauro Almieda, who last played for Accrington Stanley.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/sligo-reject-drogs-move-for-kudozovic-1301158.html

Only1Rovers
28/02/2008, 8:12 PM
If ye want quality and that what Faz is by the way, you have to pay for it.

Ah, not really, in September he'll probably go for nothing.

Unless Rovers qualify for Europe or finish extremely high-up.

south sligo red
28/02/2008, 8:16 PM
Even if we do, he,ll still go with the wages drogheda will offer him. Hope i,m wrong though.

villarover
28/02/2008, 8:59 PM
Ah, not really, in September he'll probably go for nothing.

Unless Rovers qualify for Europe or finish extremely high-up.

He cant go in September for free, his contract is up until the end of the season, if drog want him anytime up until that they will have to pay a fee... Thats my understanding of it anyway.....

Rovers fan
28/02/2008, 9:07 PM
He cant go in September for free, his contract is up until the end of the season, if drog want him anytime up until that they will have to pay a fee... Thats my understanding of it anyway.....

September is the end of the season!

Rovers1
28/02/2008, 9:11 PM
the season runs from March to November Rovers Fan ;)

villarover
28/02/2008, 9:29 PM
September is the end of the season!
Now i think you need to look at your fixtures again....
Sure the cup final last year wasnt played until the first week in December....

Rovers fan
28/02/2008, 9:55 PM
lol. I was confused. I doublechecked the fixtures and completely misread it! Feck ya for quoting now i cant delete it!!!

marktis
29/02/2008, 1:28 PM
When will Faz be free to talk to other clubs and sign a pre-contract agreement? Is it 6 months from the end of his current deal?

90minutes
29/02/2008, 6:55 PM
is ciarian greene a local???

sligoman
29/02/2008, 6:59 PM
is ciarian greene a local???No Donegal, Letterkenny iirc.

Only1Rovers
29/02/2008, 7:22 PM

End of the season is what I meant.

forza rovers
29/02/2008, 7:39 PM
is ciarian greene a local???any info on him?

feo123
29/02/2008, 7:45 PM
he's from killybeggs.
he's a left winger, also played left back before. he was/is in college in the IT and played for the college team this year on the left side of midfield.
imo has looked promising in the games ive seen him, might feature in the A team, and will be on fringe of first team squad maybe if he signs?