PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Rumours/Suggestions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

red bellied
21/01/2009, 12:39 PM
Anyone being up in the Showgrounds lately? Heard pitch has been lengthened.

Red&White Rover
21/01/2009, 2:00 PM
Been up there a bit, and hadn't noticed anything really.

red bellied
21/01/2009, 3:27 PM
Former Luton Town striker Matthew Judge has joined Ebbsfleet United to boost Liam Daish’s attacking options.

http://www.kentnews.co.uk/kent-news/Judge-signs-for-Fleet-newsinkent19972.aspx?news=sport

SligoBrewer
21/01/2009, 3:36 PM
Former Luton Town striker Matthew Judge has joined Ebbsfleet United to boost Liam Daish’s attacking options.

http://www.kentnews.co.uk/kent-news/Judge-signs-for-Fleet-newsinkent19972.aspx?news=sport

Everybody sign up to myfootballclub and keep him on the bench!:cool:;)

Rovers Maniac
21/01/2009, 3:45 PM
Everybody sign up to myfootballclub and keep him on the bench!:cool:;)

Why? :confused: Nice fella Judge is, for whatever reason it did not happen for him last season but there is football in him. I hope it goes well for him and works out, good luck Judgey !

SligoBrewer
21/01/2009, 3:53 PM
Why? :confused: Nice fella Judge is, for whatever reason it did not happen for him last season but there is football in him. I hope it goes well for him and works out, good luck Judgey !

I joke! Look at the wink!

I'll always remember this goal. Quality. And yes, proves he has football in him.

F64rTTOdpGI

Red&White Rover
21/01/2009, 4:17 PM
Best of luck to Matt Judge.

Has great ability, although he only fulfilled here for a short period.

Absolute top fella though, hope it works out for him:)

sligoman
21/01/2009, 4:49 PM
Good to see he has a new club. Sound man!

sligofan4ever
21/01/2009, 6:03 PM
Has Stephen Parkhouse been training with us ?

Boo_Boy
21/01/2009, 6:09 PM
Has Stephen Parkhouse been training with us ?

Said in the champion today that Parkhouse and Morrison were at training last thursday when the players returned.

Parkhouse has signed but it can't be announced till the budget is passed by the FAI (AFAIK), i dunno if Morrison is signed or just training.

thesilverfox
21/01/2009, 6:37 PM
Best of luck to Judgey. Always found him one of the most approachable players to chat to in town if I ever met him. A lovely fella and hopefully it works out better for him at Ebbsfleet than it did with us, because in patches he showed us how good a player her was.

Boo_Boy
21/01/2009, 6:58 PM
Scored 2 and set up another in a reserves friendly today.

A face
22/01/2009, 8:55 AM
Ebbsfleet sign Judge from Sligo

English Conference side Ebbsfleet United have signed striker Matt Judge from League of Ireland outfit Sligo Rovers. Judge had spent three years at the Showgrounds, helping the Bit O’Red to promotion from the First Division before the club consolidated its position in the Premier over the past two years.

Despite catching the eye with several stunning goals in his first season in the top flight, Judge struggled for form and fitness last season and has now returned to England.

Read more at www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/eircomleague/news.asp?n=35597)

Redie
22/01/2009, 9:11 AM
I joke! Look at the wink!

Well it was a pathetic Joke.

Everybody sign up to myfootballclub and keep him on the pitch because when in form to watch him play is worth the admission price alone.

Best of Luck to Him

red metal
22/01/2009, 11:24 AM
Everone is signed for next season except Meredith, Gordon, Arcaba and Curran. Not sure if they've been given a contract since though.

Gary Currran signed for Longford!From what i was told.

gustavo
22/01/2009, 11:30 AM
Gary Currran signed for Longford!From what i was told.
That post from last season , 3 of those havent played for us in over a year

red bellied
22/01/2009, 1:15 PM
Heard Rovers off to Portugal for four day training camp. FAI supposed to be incurring costs because of Rovers involvement in Europe, also a friendly game against Almedia's hometown club.

Rovers1
22/01/2009, 1:16 PM
Heard Rovers off to Portugal for four day training camp. FAI supposed to be incurring costs because of Rovers involvement in Europe, also a friendly game against Almedia's hometown club.

shall we run a bus??

red bellied
22/01/2009, 1:18 PM
shall we run a bus??

Better wait for confirmation first. Bus people will probably want a deposit down.

roversforever
22/01/2009, 1:31 PM
Best of luck judgie!

sligoman
22/01/2009, 4:07 PM
Heard Rovers off to Portugal for four day training camp. FAI supposed to be incurring costs because of Rovers involvement in Europe, also a friendly game against Almedia's hometown club.Post up if you hear anymore about this please.

sligoman
22/01/2009, 5:34 PM
John Russell has signed a 1 year deal with Galway.

SligoBrewer
24/01/2009, 10:12 AM
Dundalk leading chase to sign Cawley.link (http://extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/1166/)

sligoman
24/01/2009, 12:03 PM
We really need to get this budget issue sorted.

sligofan4ever
24/01/2009, 1:58 PM
Hopefully the budget is approved soon, I'd hate too see us lose out on signing Alan Cawley after all the specualtion and negotiations.

SligoBrewer
24/01/2009, 6:03 PM
We really need to get this budget issue sorted.

seconded.

srfc1928
25/01/2009, 10:53 PM
Dundalk leading chase to sign Cawley.link (http://extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/1166/)
If cawley is motivated only by money,
then were better off without him,
Look at steven gerrard for example, (i dont like to use the epl as an eg)
offered more money to go chelsea but wanted to stay with his home town team.
alan shearer, Tony Fagan, Conor O'Grady to name a few home town legends,
no amount of money could ever buy the respect those guys have earned from their own people.
In thirty years time O'Grady can walk down O'Connell St. and every single person will know and respect who he is, will it be the same for cawley?
Hopefully Alan signs for us and goes on to be a Rovers legend himself, he has the potential.

sligofan4ever
25/01/2009, 11:06 PM
no amount of money could ever buy the respect those guys have earned from their own people.
In thirty years time O'Grady can walk down O'Connell St. and every single person will know and respect who he is, will it be the same for cawley?

He got a great reception from our fans on the last game of the season when he went off, but if he rejects us and joins Dundalk (for the money that is) I doubt he'll ever get that kind of respect from our fans next season.

sligored
26/01/2009, 8:32 AM
Hopefully Alan signs for us and goes on to be a Rovers legend himself, he has the potential.

agreed 100%. This would not be the first time that this guy has slapped sligo rovers in the face.

kkontour
26/01/2009, 10:30 AM
But at the same time, this is the guys job. He has to earn a living and like everyone wats to earn as much as he can. Steve G is a bad example, the money is not such a motivator when your already on about £60K per week.
Big difference when you're been offered a few hundered a week.

dong
26/01/2009, 11:14 AM
But at the same time, this is the guys job. He has to earn a living and like everyone wats to earn as much as he can. Steve G is a bad example, the money is not such a motivator when your already on about £60K per week.
Agree one hundred per cent. You'd swear he was KaKa with some of the comments made!
It's a short career for a footballer and he can't be blamed for trying to earn a decent crust while playing.

Red&White Rover
26/01/2009, 4:56 PM

My thoughts exactly.

People need to realise that these guys are trying to make a living...

The Fox
26/01/2009, 6:32 PM
My thoughts exactly.

People need to realise that these guys are trying to make a living...

My understanding is that he has a job aswell - he certainly wasnt on 60k at Bray - is he due to be full time with you?

SligoBrewer
26/01/2009, 6:39 PM
My understanding is that he has a job aswell - he certainly wasnt on 60k at Bray - is he due to be full time with you?

He has a job, yes.

Rovers1
26/01/2009, 6:50 PM

doesnt look like it

The Fox
26/01/2009, 6:54 PM
To be honest he had a great first season with us but was very average last year - i would still like him to stay as he is always a threat in a game but i am not too worried either way

SRFCbrothelutd
26/01/2009, 7:19 PM
Lads Alan Cawley has signed with the club, spoke to gerry carr this afternoon on his way back from Slish Wood. He's been training with the club all wkd. Also revealed Parkhouse & Morrison are signed & have been training with club since day one of preseason. Any more signings are only likely if Seamus coleman goes across the water. There is supposed to movement on that Deal later this week with West Ham & Everton the most likely destinations.

sligofan4ever
26/01/2009, 8:10 PM
Lads Alan Cawley has signed with the club, spoke to gerry carr this afternoon on his way back from Slish Wood. He's been training with the club all wkd. Also revealed Parkhouse & Morrison are signed & have been training with club since day one of preseason. Any more signings are only likely if Seamus coleman goes across the water. There is supposed to movement on that Deal later this week with West Ham & Everton the most likely destinations.

If this is true, wiill this news be confirmed any time soon ?

Rovers1
26/01/2009, 10:54 PM

your askin in the wrong place

celticV3
27/01/2009, 2:14 AM

Keep an eye on the Official site;)

Inside Man
29/01/2009, 5:50 PM
Cawley to sign for Pats. Got fed up with the dillydallying being done at Rovers and felt they didn't really want him. Well thats what i was told. I'm sure money had nothing to do with it.

dong
29/01/2009, 6:06 PM
Cawley to sign for Pats. Got fed up with the dillydallying being done at Rovers and felt they didn't really want him. Well thats what i was told. I'm sure money had nothing to do with it.
Bad news if true. Anyone know much more on this?

Bravo
29/01/2009, 8:24 PM
Heard Cawley was offered 400 a week and expected to travel to Sligo 3 times a week, net it would have been worth just over 200 yo yo. wouldnt cover petrol and pints!

sligofan4ever
30/01/2009, 1:40 PM
We've missed on Alan Cawley. St.Pats signed him.

http://www.stpatsfc.com/news.php?id=2826

BrayUnknowns
30/01/2009, 1:48 PM
We've missed on Alan Cawley. St.Pats signed him.

http://www.stpatsfc.com/news.php?id=2826

Could be a blessing in disguise lads !

Jeebus
13/02/2009, 12:53 PM
"Meanwhile, Portuguese striker Idalio Santo, known as Xano, has joined Irish outfit Sligo Rovers"

http://www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/sport/Pullan-ready-to-face-old.4979161.jp

sligoman
13/02/2009, 1:02 PM
12/02/09 : SQUAD : XANO
Xano has left Boro to join pre-season training with Sligo Rovers. We wish him well with his career away from Priory Lane.

http://www.eastbourneboroughfc.co.uk/Latest%20News/Latest%20News.htm

Profile on their site:

Idalio Santo
Kit Sponsored by
BK Direct Ltd -
Soccer Communications Company -
Player Support & Managerial Services -
UK - Portugal - Worldwide
Position: Striker
Signed: November 2008
Previous Club : Pampilhosa
'Xano' joined the club in pre-season and represented the club at Reserve level until his debut in the 11-1 Sussex Senior Cup victory .v. Crowborough Athletic in 2009. Has also represented Sp. Pombal and Academica in Portugal and Salamanca in Spain. Left Boro Feb 2009 to join Sligo Rovers.

Rovers1
13/02/2009, 1:03 PM
"Meanwhile, Portuguese striker Idalio Santo, known as Xano, has joined Irish outfit Sligo Rovers"

http://www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/sport/Pullan-ready-to-face-old.4979161.jp

didnt know you were a keen reader of the Eastbourne Herald Jeebus?

showgies
13/02/2009, 1:06 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Id%C3%A1lio_Alexandre_Ferreira

Rory H
13/02/2009, 1:06 PM
12/02/09 : SQUAD : XANO
Xano has left Boro to join pre-season training with Sligo Rovers. We wish him well with his career away from Priory Lane.

http://www.eastbourneboroughfc.co.uk/Latest%20News/Latest%20News.htm

Profile on their site:

Idalio Santo
Kit Sponsored by
BK Direct Ltd -
Soccer Communications Company -
Player Support & Managerial Services -
UK - Portugal - Worldwide
Position: Striker
Signed: November 2008
Previous Club : Pampilhosa
'Xano' joined the club in pre-season and represented the club at Reserve level until his debut in the 11-1 Sussex Senior Cup victory .v. Crowborough Athletic in 2009. Has also represented Sp. Pombal and Academica in Portugal and Salamanca in Spain. Left Boro Feb 2009 to join Sligo Rovers.

Go on sligoman