PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Rumours/Suggestions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

avvenalaf
27/01/2008, 3:29 PM
No, but I'm sure we can make up something if you give us a few minutes.

showgies
27/01/2008, 6:52 PM
anyone hear anything about Rovers and Paul Dalglish????

Paul Dalglish !! Now there's a journey man.

The rumour I heard was that the striker Coook is after is actually playing in the African Nations Cup at the moment

Rovers fan
27/01/2008, 7:05 PM

The rumour I heard was that the striker Coook is after is actually playing in the African Nations Cup at the moment

Drogba? Kalou? Eto'o?

deecay
27/01/2008, 7:12 PM
Looking more along the lines of Sulley Muntari,would love to see an African with us

showgies
27/01/2008, 7:51 PM

Sorry, I think I over cooked Cooks name with O's

Shedzer
28/01/2008, 8:46 PM
In the Evening Herald it said that ex Irish U21 International Richie Ryan has been linked with a move to the league of Ireland from Royal Antwerp along with Sean Doherty who moved to Sligo Rovers last week. He might be a possible target but who knows.

SRFCbrothelutd
28/01/2008, 9:05 PM
See Ross McGlynn is training with Rovers, Good to see another local hopefully signing. Would be a good squad player as he can play anywhere acroos the back 4... Good adition imo and wouldnt break the bank...

feo123
28/01/2008, 11:14 PM
See Ross McGlynn is training with Rovers, Good to see another local hopefully signing. Would be a good squad player as he can play anywhere acroos the back 4... Good adition imo and wouldnt break the bank...

who??

deecay
28/01/2008, 11:32 PM
What local team does he play for??

Junior/youth??

Red4Eva
29/01/2008, 7:49 AM
new contracts for peers and foyzer. hopefully that means foyzer came back in reasonable shape. it's brilliant that we have quality like peers and seamie committing for 2 years

gustavo
29/01/2008, 8:39 AM
who??

Played for us around 8 years ago , was a good prospect at the time.

Red4Eva
29/01/2008, 8:59 AM
he was training with us 3 years ago as well and played v ballymote in friendly but danny de vito didn't sign him

biscuit
29/01/2008, 9:29 AM
Yeah he was with us about 8 yrs ago. Played centre half. Played a good few games, went to the states on a schoarship, has played there and went to finland for a while ithink also. Not a bad squad player,big, strong and VERY physical, likes a tackle. Id jus be wary of the fact he hasnt played high standard of footie in a while.

cmak-88
29/01/2008, 1:18 PM
hopefully that means foyzer came back in reasonable shape.

heard foyser is massive now. also heard steve feeney is trainin wit us.

sligoman
29/01/2008, 3:46 PM
heard foyser is massive now. also heard steve feeney is trainin wit us.I've seen Foy a few times since he came back. Looks no bigger than usual.

sligoman
29/01/2008, 4:57 PM
Foy signs for 2008 season, Peers signs til end of 2009 (http://www.sligorovers.com/content/view/463/1/).

SligoBrewer
29/01/2008, 5:23 PM
heard foyser is massive now.

That made me laugh.

Hopefully Foyzer is fit anyways, regardless of size.

A fit, flexible, fast Foy is a fricking great asset to the team

Rovers1
29/01/2008, 5:31 PM
A fit, flexible, fast Foy is a fricking great asset to the tea,

i like a nice Kit Kat for that myself brewer!

clubman
29/01/2008, 6:30 PM
i like a nice Kit Kat for that myself brewer!

:) Nice one :D

Only1Rovers
29/01/2008, 7:16 PM
Heard Foy is to lose 2lbs a week on the diet he's on.....

sligored
30/01/2008, 12:34 AM
great news on peers

Fivesilver
30/01/2008, 9:37 AM
A fit, flexible, fast Foy is a fricking great asset to the team

Casillas, Ronaldo and Kaka would be too, but it's about as likely.

Bravo
30/01/2008, 10:14 AM
I don’t resemble Kate Moss myself but I’m not a full time pro footballer, Keith Foy is, he’s a disgrace no other club would accept this from a Full time player why should we, he should be marched down to weight watchers every Thursday morning & not paid a penny until he looses the weight, it should be in his contract. The reason it annoys me is because of his ability; a fully fit Foy would be one of the leagues top players.

Rovers1
30/01/2008, 3:40 PM

didnt he play for Limerick for a while??

sligoman
30/01/2008, 4:56 PM
I don’t resemble Kate Moss myself but I’m not a full time pro footballerNeither is she afaik:confused: ;)

jamie m
31/01/2008, 11:52 AM
over on eircom league section we are linked with namibia player brian brendell here is link to profile http://www.civicsfc.com/?c=sqaud20

red_away
31/01/2008, 12:11 PM
Couldnt agree more Bravo - i saw him the other day and he looked heavier to me?

sligoman
31/01/2008, 3:12 PM
namibia player brian brendell here is link to profileHe scores Namibia's goal in this game(about 40 seconds in)
RJ5WtY21F8A

Had a couple of chances in the 2nd half here (http://youtube.com/watch?v=NkT2fVKuKWY) too.

roversman
31/01/2008, 6:49 PM
over on eircom league section we are linked with namibia player brian brendell here is link to profile http://www.civicsfc.com/?c=sqaud20

saw him againts ghana and looked ok got good reviews from comentators
full of running but shooting not great

avvenalaf
31/01/2008, 6:59 PM
Is he as hot as Choice ?

south sligo red
31/01/2008, 8:27 PM
He also scored in the final group game, a 1-1 draw with guinea. I know its only rumour but he,d be a great signing if cookie could pull it off.

deecay
31/01/2008, 10:42 PM
Is he as hot as Choice ?
No one will ever be as hot as he

jamie m
01/02/2008, 7:55 AM
is there any word on matt gordon, has he come back for pre-season with a view to earning contract or is he gone form club

red bellied
04/02/2008, 11:14 AM
Liam Burns staying put (http://www.setantasports.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/02/04/eircom-LO-Fenlon-on-trialists/?facets/sport-space/football/great-britain-locale/)

Meanwhile, Fenlon has told Sligo to forget any overtures they are planning to bring defender Liam Burns back to The Showgrounds.

Burns followed Sean Connor to Dalymount Park when Fenlons’s predecessor left Sligo for Bohs, but Rovers boss Paul Cook is desperate to bring the player back to the west.

However, Fenlon’s message for Sligo was simple: “Liam Burns is going nowhere!”

feo123
04/02/2008, 11:39 AM
its a pity but nothing to cry over. am i right that we cant sign any players from UK now unless they are free agents because the window is closed?

Boo_Boy
05/02/2008, 5:10 AM
anyone heard anything else about the Namibian guy?

Only1Rovers
05/02/2008, 11:02 PM
anyone heard anything else about the Namibian guy?

He's Namibian and he has definitely scored one goal for Namibia....

feo123
05/02/2008, 11:17 PM
hopefully we'll find out more on thursday night!!

forza rovers
06/02/2008, 11:50 AM
does anybody know anything about him?

Boo_Boy
06/02/2008, 11:57 AM
does anybody know anything about him?

as Only1Rovers informed us,hes namibian and he has scored at least 1 goal for namibia;)

forza rovers
06/02/2008, 12:09 PM
as Only1Rovers informed us,hes namibian and he has scored at least 1 goal for namibia;)what age is he/and where does he play

Boo_Boy
06/02/2008, 12:34 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Brendell

http://www.civicsfc.com/?c=sqaud20

forza rovers
06/02/2008, 2:50 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Brendell

http://www.civicsfc.com/?c=sqaud20thank you

red bellied
06/02/2008, 6:05 PM
Cook frustrated by transfer obstacles reports the Champion. According to Cook the search continues but there are many obstacles in the way and they are not of his making. A French midfielder-striker based in England is coming this week to have a look around the Showgrounds with a view to signing. The usual talk of Burns is still on the agenda.

90minutes
06/02/2008, 7:58 PM
A French midfielder-striker based in England is coming this week to have a look around the Showgrounds with a view to signing.

any names

DRDoc
06/02/2008, 11:09 PM
Cook to complete 'jigsaw' for new look Rovers PDF Print E-mail
Tuesday, 05 Febr

Having completed a season-long loan deal to take Derry City goalkeeper Pat Jennings to the Showgrounds, Sligo Rovers manager, Paul Cook, is planning to "put the final pieces in the jigsaw" to complete his squad in the coming weeks.Cook is hoping to add at least a centre-back and a midfielder to a new-look panel which sees Jennings join Chris Butler, Anto Murphy and Sean Doherty.

By Michael Moran, courtesy, The Sligo Champion

HAVING completed a season-long loan deal to take Derry City goalkeeper Pat Jennings to the Showgrounds, Sligo Rovers manager, Paul Cook, is planning to "put the final pieces in the jigsaw" to complete his squad in the coming weeks.

Cook is hoping to add at least a centre-back and a midfielder to a new-look panel which sees Jennings join Chris Butler, Anto Murphy and Sean Doherty in the side.

Former Middlesbrough, Burnley and Derry City midfielder, Alan Moore, capped eight times by the Republic of Ireland, is also training with Rovers with a view to earning a contract.

"When I look around the dressing room, I genuinely think we are putting together a decent side. But, it needs finishing off.

"I still feel we need a good central defender and a midfielder, plus perhaps one or two others. If we get the sort of quality players I am chasing I would be confident of a top six finish," Cook predicted.

Derry gave Rovers permission to speak to Jennings last week and the son of Northern Ireland's most capped international, Pat, arrived at the Showgrounds on Monday for pre-season training.

"I'm delighted to have Jennings in. I feel now that I have two goalkeepers (Richard Brush the other) who go a long way towards what I want," said the manager.

Cook revealed that Brush will start the new season, particular given an agreement with Derry that Pat Jennings will not play against them. Rovers play Derry at the Brandywell on April 11th.

"I really don't mind who plays. There will be no 'number one' as such and it is good to have one player putting another under pressure for a starting place. That sort of competition is healthy," Cook declared.

"Richard will start as we face Derry reasonably early. We will see how things develop from there," he added.

Meanwhile, Cook says he has been told that there is finance available to add further new faces to his squad.

"There are what I would call realistic targets out there and I am exploring a few avenues. Hopefully, there will be positive outcome," he added.

Cook is still pursuing ex-Rovers defender, Liam Burns, who left the Showgrounds to join Bohemians.

"He is certainly a player I would welcome back. As I have said on countless occasions in the past he ticks all the right boxes for me and he would be a great boost to the squad," he said.

"If we got Liam Burns and one or two others I have in my sights, I would be happy enough," the manager commented.

Rovers returned for pre-season training on Friday last and Cook is pleased with the shape and condition of the players.

"They are keen and already working hard. We have a system whereby they train for two days and have one day off.

"We have some friendlies coming up in which we will use everyone, but I would urged supporters not to read too much into them," he added.

Rovers travel to Coolaney on Saturday, February 9th, for a game to mark the official opening of Coolaney United's pitch development and play Finn Harps on February 22nd.

Next >
[ Back ]

DRDoc
06/02/2008, 11:11 PM
Am I missing something - is a striker not a priority?

avvenalaf
07/02/2008, 1:12 PM
Vol au Vont. He'll fill the hole between midfield and the strikers. Expected to mushroom into a great player. Certainly gives you a great appetite for the new season.

avvenalaf
07/02/2008, 1:13 PM
What do you want a striker for? He might start scoring goals and annoy the opposition.

redrov2005
07/02/2008, 3:09 PM
Am I missing something - is a striker not a priority?

I agree. A striker is badly needed. If Judge gets injured and Faz's form drops (or vice versa), where are the goals going to come from ?