PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Rumours/Suggestions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

Rovers fan
17/07/2009, 5:28 PM
Are you calling brewer a liar?:eek:

No, he's calling him a balx!

Rovers fan
17/07/2009, 6:31 PM
It's says on wikipedia we have a midfielder by the name of Jim Flanagan in our squad... Anyone know anything about the lad?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sligo_Rovers#Current_squad

SligoBrewer
17/07/2009, 7:30 PM
It's says on wikipedia we have a midfielder by the name of Jim Flanagan in our squad... Anyone know anything about the lad?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sligo_Rovers#Current_squad

I hear he's big and commands the centre of the pitch with ease.

SligoBrewer
17/07/2009, 8:27 PM
Scores often.

Rory H
17/07/2009, 9:25 PM
Sligo Rovers have added Jimmy Flanagan to their growing list of transfer window signings.

The right-winger joins until the end of the season having previously played with Hayes and Yeading in England, though he failed to make a first team appearance.

Flanagan has had trials at a number of English clubs but has failed to settle and sees Rovers as an ideal club to rebuild his career.

The right winger could come into contention for the match with Shamrock Rovers in Tolka Park on Saturday.

Meanwhile, it has been confirmed that Shamrock are a complete joke after moving the game to Tolka Park.

The Dublin have club have been up their own arse since they were allowed to play in Tallaght Stadium by South Dublin County Council but this week it has emerged that have no say in it really and the so called return of thousands of their fans is just bull**** and it will die off soon enough if trophies do not follow in the next couple of years.

Saturday's match is a big challenge for Sligo, without any regular central defenders, but they should be fired up. A loss by three goals would see them go bottom of the table. The Bit o' Red are still hoping to bring a large following to Dublin and extracting revenge after two poor showings against Shams this season so far.

Another late edition to the squad could be a huge disgusting mole seen on a tour bus that travelled through Croatia, Montenegro and Albania. These reports have been unconfirmed but one Sligo fan said last week:

"Mole, Mole, Mole, Moley Mole."

Wild Rover

Jeebus
17/07/2009, 11:42 PM
Sligo Rovers have added Jimmy Flanagan to their growing list of transfer window signings.

The right-winger joins until the end of the season having previously played with Hayes and Yeading in England, though he failed to make a first team appearance.

Flanagan has had trials at a number of English clubs but has failed to settle and sees Rovers as an ideal club to rebuild his career.

The right winger could come into contention for the match with Shamrock Rovers in Tolka Park on Saturday.

Meanwhile, it has been confirmed that Shamrock are a complete joke after moving the game to Tolka Park.

The Dublin have club have been up their own arse since they were allowed to play in Tallaght Stadium by South Dublin County Council but this week it has emerged that have no say in it really and the so called return of thousands of their fans is just bull**** and it will die off soon enough if trophies do not follow in the next couple of years.

Saturday's match is a big challenge for Sligo, without any regular central defenders, but they should be fired up. A loss by three goals would see them go bottom of the table. The Bit o' Red are still hoping to bring a large following to Dublin and extracting revenge after two poor showings against Shams this season so far.

Another late edition to the squad could be a huge disgusting mole seen on a tour bus that travelled through Croatia, Montenegro and Albania. These reports have been unconfirmed but one Sligo fan said last week:

"Mole, Mole, Mole, Moley Mole."

Wild Rover

Good to see the Dutch Gold is working! :D:p

Martinho II
18/07/2009, 5:02 PM
ah thats explains the mole in the camp so!:)

red bellied
20/07/2009, 1:42 PM
Heard Ryan is out for the rest of the season.

SRFCbrothelutd
20/07/2009, 1:48 PM
Heard Ryan is out for the rest of the season.
Yes i can confirm this, he has a long standing problem with his hip. Looks like he needs an operation on it. . . Has had the problem for months and he says its then reason he hasnt been playing well lately!!!

MMVIII
20/07/2009, 1:49 PM
Yes i can confirm this, he has a long standing problem with his hip. Looks like he needs an operation on it. . . Has had the problem for months and he says its then reason he hasnt been playing well lately!!!

Can we ever go one f***ing week without someone getting injured?

Talk about frustrating.

Rovers fan
20/07/2009, 2:00 PM
Butler - Out for most of the season
Almeida - Didn't play a full game due to injury
Parkhouse - Hasn't got a run of games due to injury
Ryan - Out for half the season
Doherty - Was injured a fair bit too before being released
Peers - Has missed a good few games due to injury
Raf - Same as above
Morrison - Has also missed a few games due to injury iirc.
Ventre and O'Grady have missed loads of games due to suspension (I agree this isn't like the injuries but still....)
Boco also missed games due to international games

It's no surprise that we're at the wrong end of the table. Other sides have had injury problems too but we have had more than our fair share. With such a small squad it was always going to be tough if we got a few injuries. It's the risk we took, it paid of last year, we came fourth, it hasn't paid of this year. If we had these problems last year God only knows where we would have finished, but it certainly wouldn't have been in fourth place. Added to all this we are still in the league cup, fai cup, setanta cup and were in Europe.

The point I'm getting at is there is no point in criticizing the lads. They may not be world class footballers but, bar one or two (with one of them gone) they give 100%. There's still a long way to go, and with new players in the squad we can stay up and hopefully get to a cup final but we have to stick with the lads.

hoop4life
20/07/2009, 3:36 PM
this has been posted on a different thread but danny fallon is gone to ucd on a scolarship and paul curry is gone to athlone on loan.
i don't think they have been confirmed by the club but are from 2 very reliable sources

sligoman
20/07/2009, 3:41 PM
this has been posted on a different thread but danny fallon is gone to ucd on a scolarship and paul curry is gone to athlone on loan.
i don't think they have been confirmed by the club but are from 2 very reliable sourcesI don't think Curry is a loan deal:confused:

hoop4life
20/07/2009, 4:05 PM
I don't think Curry is a loan deal:confused:

maybe not

Rovers Maniac
20/07/2009, 4:42 PM
Jesus christ can we not catch a break, Ryan out for the season ffs what a joke. We deffo need a central midfielder now.

sligofan4ever
20/07/2009, 4:49 PM
Jesus christ can we not catch a break, Ryan out for the season ffs what a joke. We deffo need a central midfielder now.

What about Boco and O'Grady in CM ? would be much more effective than Ryan and gives much better supply to our strikers.

DmanDmythDledge
20/07/2009, 11:18 PM
What's Danny Fallon like?
(as a footballer as there's a few smart arses on here;))

Rovers Maniac
20/07/2009, 11:29 PM
What about Boco and O'Grady in CM ? would be much more effective than Ryan and gives much better supply to our strikers.

I never think he does any good there, only good game i recall him in in centre midfield is Harps last year in Finn Park. I thought he was lost there at the weekend v Shams as Carrick red said not sure what game Dublin red was watching !

Redkenrover
21/07/2009, 12:44 AM

Heard at the weekend that he had joined Castlebar Celtic? Also heard that Eoin Torpey may be headin that way as well.

Rovers fan
21/07/2009, 1:15 AM

Ah he's a sound enough fella, a bit quiet though.

sligofan4ever
21/07/2009, 6:30 AM
Heard at the weekend that he had joined Castlebar Celtic? Also heard that Eoin Torpey may be headin that way as well.

I'd hate to see Torpey go, we're low on Centre Midfielders as it is.

red bellied
21/07/2009, 12:38 PM
Darren Meenan is still on trial at the Showgrounds. Probably rubbish talk, another striker is suposedly on the cards with Boco to be off loaded.

Rovers1
21/07/2009, 12:59 PM
another striker is suposedly on the cards with Boco to be off loaded.

Heard this too, some of the suits want him gone. Really hope he's kept.

redobit
21/07/2009, 1:21 PM
Darren Meenan is still on trial at the Showgrounds. Probably rubbish talk, another striker is suposedly on the cards with Boco to be off loaded.

Wouldnt be suprised considering they were trying to off load him pre-season.

dong
21/07/2009, 1:28 PM
That's a great idea. Sell possibly our best player to cut a bit of wages. Meantime we get relegated.

CarrickFan
21/07/2009, 1:59 PM
That's a great idea. Sell possibly our best player to cut a bit of wages. Meantime we get relegated.

have to agree....if we are to get out off this we need Boco...simple as that...if we need to slash wages why not Butler as another thread has suggested or some of the dead wood at the club..not our best player.

sligoman
21/07/2009, 2:24 PM
I don't think it's all the MC's doing about getting rid of Boco, he's supposed to want out himself.

kkontour
21/07/2009, 2:44 PM
I don't think it's all the MC's doing about getting rid of Boco, he's supposed to want out himself.

Ive heard he does not know what he wants himself.

rovers100%
21/07/2009, 8:45 PM
when we were in team hotel in albania boco kept askin the treasurer (i think) when was contract negociations starting as his contract up in november. now he was saying it in jest but doubt he wants out the way he was going on. hope not anyways he is one of our best players

Rover'n'out
22/07/2009, 4:18 PM
I just heard from good source we have signed midfielder Michael McGrath from Galway. Should be a welcome addition to a battle weary midfield. Whats the view on him lads?

Rovers Maniac
22/07/2009, 5:09 PM
I just heard from good source we have signed midfielder Michael McGrath from Galway. Should be a welcome addition to a battle weary midfield. Whats the view on him lads?

Good signing if true, this lad has done well for Galway this season.

Rovers1
22/07/2009, 5:23 PM

Was gonna say the opposite. I'd say he'll be a back-up, if its true.

EDIT: Didnt realise he'd made as many appearances

rovers100%
22/07/2009, 5:35 PM
any new players are welcomed we have spent last 2 seasons with tiny squad now we are rebuilding. even if only a sub he is far more experienced than thorpey or kelly. we will wait and see what he brings to us but we live in hope

gufc2000
22/07/2009, 7:51 PM

Haven't been that impressed with him tbh. Alot of the games have passed him by in the middle of the park. Doesn't tackle enough, and has been out-muscled by other midfielders on occassions

Sean Kelly has been far better for us. That said, there's nothing to say Macca won't do a good job for ye.

sligofan4ever
22/07/2009, 7:56 PM
Haven't been that impressed with him tbh. Alot of the games have passed him by in the middle of the park. Doesn't tackle enough, and has been out-muscled by other midfielders on occassions

Sean Kelly has been far better for us. That said, there's nothing to say Macca won't do a good job for ye.

Going by what you said, sounds like what Richie Ryan's been like this season. Have to give every player a chance though, could well prove to be a brilliant singing for us if true as we need centre midfielders badly.

gufc2000
22/07/2009, 8:02 PM
Going by what you said, sounds like what Richie Ryan's been like this season. Have to give every player a chance though, could well prove to be a brilliant singing for us if true as we need centre midfielders badly.
If an offer has been put in, then it probably has been accepted, as we badly need any cash going, and any savings that can be made

sligofan4ever
22/07/2009, 8:05 PM
If an offer has been put in, then it probably has been accepted, as we badly need any cash going, and any savings that can be made

I remember Cookie saying he was looking to sign 1 or 2 Galway players, surprised he didnt look at a centre back instead.

Rovers1
22/07/2009, 8:07 PM

Would Rovers be in a position to make an 'offer' though?

showgies
22/07/2009, 8:31 PM
I remember Cookie saying he was looking to sign 1 or 2 Galway players, surprised he didnt look at a centre back instead.

Maybe he did look at their centre halves and opted for their midfielder instead :D

Gaillimh Al
22/07/2009, 8:37 PM
I'm pretty sure a bag of footballs and some bibs would probably do it, such is our plight.

He has only missed two league games but I feel he has been a passenger for a lot of the games in our three man centre midfield formation. I don't know how he would fare with a 2 v 2 in the middle.
He hasn't scored a goal, got one assist (of sorts) when a pass deflected off a ref into Faherty's path against Drogheda and has never stood out as a Man of the Match contender. Not a fan of putting his foot into the tackle either.
That said, he plays a simple pass fairly well and seems fairly athletic. Can't see him dislodging O'Grady or Ryan to be honest.

sligofan4ever
22/07/2009, 8:44 PM
I'm pretty sure a bag of footballs and some bibs would probably do it, such is our plight.

He has only missed two league games but I feel he has been a passenger for a lot of the games in our three man centre midfield formation. I don't know how he would fare with a 2 v 2 in the middle.
He hasn't scored a goal, got one assist (of sorts) when a pass deflected off a ref into Faherty's path against Drogheda and has never stood out as a Man of the Match contender. Not a fan of putting his foot into the tackle either.
That said, he plays a simple pass fairly well and seems fairly athletic. Can't see him dislodging O'Grady or Ryan to be honest.

Richie Ryan is out for the season so if he signs he will more than likely play every game.

Rovers Maniac
22/07/2009, 8:45 PM
Ryan is meant to be out for the season, would i be getting mixed up with McCann? Is he decent?

sligofan4ever
22/07/2009, 8:52 PM
Ryan is meant to be out for the season, would i be getting mixed up with McCann? Is he decent?

Who's McCann ?

SligoBrewer
22/07/2009, 9:29 PM
Who's McCann ?

Tim McCann, our left back from 4 years ago.

Rovers Maniac
22/07/2009, 9:32 PM
Who's McCann ?

Midfielder that plays for Galway united. At least that what i think his name is, can't be arsed looking it up but i am sure i will be told soon enough if i am wrong :)

Gaillimh Al
22/07/2009, 9:37 PM
Is this soon enough....never had a McCann play for Galway.....EVER.

Would imagine it is McGrath though, unless its Russell.

Rover'n'out
23/07/2009, 11:04 AM
It is definitely Michael McGrath.

Kevin L
23/07/2009, 11:54 AM
We have signed Michael McGrath from Galway Utd today and he will be in contention for the weekend.

We have also signed Martin Nicolas Camano, a young centre-half from Spain.

Rover'n'out
23/07/2009, 12:13 PM
'Martin Nicolas Camano'. Sounds like it could be like another 'Xano' to me. :)

sligofan4ever
23/07/2009, 1:55 PM
We've now got the strength it depth that we needed this season. Its great to see Cook able to sign plenty of players and maybe alls he needed was time to get the team going again ? injuries played a big part in a miserable league season for us but now we cant really complain with all these players.