PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Rumours/Suggestions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52

srfc1928
25/02/2010, 2:30 AM
Vincent Nally = Legend

Its the people behind the scences that are the real heroes of SRFC

sligorover
25/02/2010, 4:12 AM
What I understood at the time he came in was that Nally was there short term to help Rovers out of the tough financial situation we were in at the time. He did this, and did it damn well, and has seemingly left the club with a sustainable financial plan for future years. We are better off than most clubs in the league at the minute and owe a lot of that to Vincent. Much and all as I respect the way he ran the show up there I hope we never see him back, only because it will mean we have fallen on hard times yet again.

Only1Rovers
25/02/2010, 5:58 AM
Noone is pushing Nally out... Sad to see him go but I was his own decision. He's done a great job.

Well Red
25/02/2010, 8:04 AM
Noone is pushing Nally out... Sad to see him go but I was his own decision. He's done a great job.

Who is Noone and who is the new man ?

Terry
25/02/2010, 8:10 AM
Russell is a pre contract agreement according to the Champion, will join in July. I got the text about Almedia..though I got one bout CT also.........................

Good signing. I could be wrong but I dont think that John has played more than a half of a season in the past 4 seasons. Always out with injuries (numerous different problems) with his legs, but in saying that, he was always top class when he did play.

Its being rumoured in Galway that sligo got his signature because sligo were willing to cover all medical bills for him until he was fit to play along with a good signing on fee and wages more than double what GUFC could ever offer him.

sligored
25/02/2010, 8:28 AM
Its being rumoured in Galway that sligo got his signature because sligo were willing to cover all medical bills for him until he was fit to play along with a good signing on fee and wages more than double what GUFC could ever offer him.

Thats what big clubs do to small clubs:p

Terry
25/02/2010, 9:05 AM

waste money ?

gufct
25/02/2010, 10:58 AM

Ya thats what Shels,Derry & Cork did look what happened to them!

sligorover
25/02/2010, 11:00 AM
The squad list currently on the website:

Sligo Rovers squad for 2010 season: Richard Brush, Alan Keane, Iarflaith Davoren, Gavin Peers, Daniel Ventre, Conor O’Grady, Derek Foran, Richard Ryan, Padraig Amond, Chris Turner, John Dillon, Mark Doninger, Matthew Blinkhorn, Steve Feeney, Danny Keohane, Paul Whelan, Eoin Doyle, Jason McCartney, Mauro Almeida, Ciaran Kelly, Gary McCabe, Dean Marshall, Mark McGoldrick, Barry O’Mahoney and Keith Duffy.
Who is this Chris Turner character?

red_away
25/02/2010, 11:05 AM
I hate to tell you......we are sligo rovers, we dont overspend because the FAI are stringent on our budgets......if they rolled the model out to other clubs or any financial control for that matter it would be a good thing!

jc46
25/02/2010, 11:48 AM
I hate to tell you......we are sligo rovers, we dont overspend because the FAI are stringent on our budgets......if they rolled the model out to other clubs or any financial control for that matter it would be a good thing!
Can we please get away from the pessimism!!. We should be applauding Paul Cook and Gerry Carr for having assembled a great squad of players and look forward with optimism.I am convinced that there is a great season ahead starting with a win over the hoops in front of a full house. Rovers have got their house in order, thanks in no small way to Vincent Nally.

dong
25/02/2010, 1:28 PM

Isn't that a surprising rumour?
Player Leaves Club for more Money Shocker...

Oldred
25/02/2010, 9:00 PM
According to Irish Times.com tonight Faz has just signed for Dundalk.

clubman
25/02/2010, 10:15 PM
According to Irish Times.com tonight Faz has just signed for Dundalk.

Wonder what odds Paddy Power is now giving on Dundalk being the next club to go bell-up?

Oldred
25/02/2010, 10:58 PM
Big interview with Faz on the Dundalk FC website now. Seanie tried to sign him but he declined. He would have liked to play for "Rodders" Collins though !!

showgies
26/02/2010, 11:08 AM
FROM EXTRATIME.IE

Raffaele Cretaro insists signing for league champions Bohemians from Sligo Rovers was not a difficult decision, despite interest from several other clubs.

"Without a doubt I have. What really opened my eyes up was the physical aspect of the players and how well they look after themselves," he insisted.

So, the Sligo lads didn't look after themselves then........

jc46
26/02/2010, 11:28 AM
Sorry if it's in wrong thread, wasn't worth starting a new one:

FROM EXTRATIME.IE

Raffaele Cretaro insists signing for league champions Bohemians from Sligo Rovers was not a difficult decision, despite interest from several other clubs.

"I don’t think it was a difficult decision. Bohemians have been the champions the last two years in a row and it was flattering to even be looked at," Cretaro told Extratime.

The ex-Sligo Rovers man had been heavily linked with a move to Shamrock Rovers and admits a deal with The Hoops was very close to coming to fruition.

"It did to be honest with you. I agreed terms with them in July and I was going to sign on the last day of the transfer window but Sligo pulled the plug," he admitted.

However, when asked had he made the right decision in signing for Pat Fenlon’s side, Cretaro was adamant that he had.

"Without a doubt I have. What really opened my eyes up was the physical aspect of the players and how well they look after themselves," he insisted.

The 28-year-old, who was a prolific goal scorer under Paul Cook netted 13 goals last season and he believes that he can bring his goal scoring threat into the Bohs side.

"There are a lot of good players here and its going to be very, very tough to get into the team but I think with the right I attitude I can get into the squad and score goals.

"There is going to be a lot of games this year and you have to realise when you’re at a club like Bohs you aren’t going to be playing every week. That’s going to be a change for me because when I was playing at Sligo I was playing every week whether I liked it or not," he smiled.

Comes across as an arrogant little ***** in the last column. On the bright side, he did almost become a Shams player, and then didn't.
That interview has answered a lot of questions and all the rumours about cretaro since last july has been confirmed. No coincidence that his form dipped and attitude changed, even on cup final day. We are lucky to have and had real genuine honest sligo born guys like conor o'grady, tony fagan, paul magee, martin mcdonnell, gavin dykes etc. Obviously, your home club means little to some players anymore.

CarrickFan
26/02/2010, 12:01 PM
So, the Sligo lads didn't look after themselves then........

That certainly seems to be the implication...couple of little digs at Rovers in that interview..thought he'd have more class.

akearins
26/02/2010, 12:12 PM
Print it off and stick it on the dressing room wall when we play the Gypsies.As I said previously Raf leaving was a **** you lads to our boys, I'm too big for ye and will not win anything with ye.
Could be frosty reception when we meet toward Raf

neutrino
26/02/2010, 12:25 PM
Print it off and stick it on the dressing room wall when we play the Gypsies.As I said previously Raf leaving was a **** you lads to our boys, I'm too big for ye and will not win anything with ye.
Could be frosty reception when we meet toward Raf

what crap !! this was raf's last chance at having a new challenge. all his media interviews are honest answers to whatever questions he's asked. maybe naivety but definitely not arrogance. It's easy to splice and dice an interview and decide what it means or implies based on one's own preconceptions. let's all boo someone who genuinely loved playing for sligo rovers while we revere some import who'll jump ship at half a chance. Rovers will do well without him, as we always do when someone leaves, but there's no need to make him out to be someone to be hated just becuase he left us. every single one of our players would have left if bohs/shams came in for them and they'd be doing media interviews saying how great their new club is.

avvenalaf
26/02/2010, 1:23 PM
Glad to see the players at Bohs look after themselves but Rraf need not be concerned about that when we play them. Gavin and Mauro will look after him.

CarrickFan
26/02/2010, 2:35 PM
Big interview with Faz on the Dundalk FC website now. Seanie tried to sign him but he declined. He would have liked to play for "Rodders" Collins though !!

Thought he came across well...really liked him as a player,personally i would have loved to see him back in the Showgrounds...at least he turned town Seanie!!

Well Red
26/02/2010, 3:05 PM
His comments about being told to play 'whether he liked it or not' to me, says otherwise. Shows disrespect towards Cook and Rovers. Everyone has their own opinion, and that's mine.

You are right there Rovers 1, did Raff forget its a two way street and Rovers helped him have a fine career and he should reflect this on looking back on his time with the BOR

akearins
26/02/2010, 3:15 PM
Ah come on a last chance at having a challenge, if he waited 5 minutes and maybe saw what Cookie was putting together it would have given him a chance to be part of a side that could challenge.Remember what we did when we finally got a half descent squad together in the 2nd half of the season, only shams had a better record than us.
Remember we outplayed Bohs in the league cup semi and twice in the cup. No one said anyrthing about booing anyone and maybe some fans will chant his name but some definitely will not...

Guts&Glory
26/02/2010, 3:51 PM
Glad to see the players at Bohs look after themselves but Rraf need not be concerned about that when we play them. Gavin and Mauro will look after him.

Look after themselves ?? Dont recall Raf missing out on many nights out with the team in McHughs.

Given his comments about wanting to leave in the summer transfer window to Shams and not forgetting his comments less than 24 hours after the Cup Final he can go ^&*% himself.

How soon he forgot what Rovers and Cookie did for him.

jc46
26/02/2010, 4:17 PM
Look after themselves ?? Dont recall Raf missing out on many nights out with the team in McHughs.

Given his comments about wanting to leave in the summer transfer window to Shams and not forgetting his comments less than 24 hours after the Cup Final he can go ^&*% himself.

How soon he forgot what Rovers and Cookie did for him.
Cretaro's comment "i was playing at sligo every week whether i liked it or not" angers me. Tell that to the thousands of unemployed lads at the present time, who would give anything to have a job. Incidentally, was cretaro a volunteer, not getting paid?!!!. As far as i know, in any job, an employee cannot choose which day or week they work.! He owes a debt of gratitude to Paul Cook for making him the player he became. I dont recall him setting Galway alight during his time there.!

bingoballs
26/02/2010, 4:48 PM
every single one of our players would have left if bohs/shams came in for them and they'd be doing media interviews saying how great their new club is. Gavin Peers is obviously the exception so!

Church Hill 1
26/02/2010, 6:33 PM
Jeez, some of ye are very sensitive. A player answers a few questions honestly and is then pilloried for those answers. Some of ye claim Raff was having a few digs at Rovers in his comments! Where? How? He says "the physical aspect of the players" impressed him. No surprise there. Bohs' links with DCU means they are without doubt the best prepared side in the country, as they have the best facilities available to them in terms of training, conditioning, diet, nutrition, etc. Fenlon also doesn't strike me as someone who'd be out on the lash with them, as Cook is known to do from time to time. Two league titles in two years suggests Bohs are a finely tuned machine. And it really p!sses me off to hear the abuse Raff took after the comments he made immediately after the Cup final. Again, he was just answering questions posed by journalists as to his future. It's not like he ruthlessly came out with a statement or press release saying he was done with Rovers and was hoping for a move to Bohs or Shams. Raff has a lot to thank Rovers for, but we, as Rovers fans, have a lot more to thank him for. He provided some great entertainment and great goals over the years and owed the club nothing when they were not prepared to match either his wage demands or his ambition. Bohs have now satisfied both and I will be very surprised if he does not possess at least one winners' medal after his time with them. Plus, he will get to play in the Champions League. Qualifiers maybe, but at least it's the Champions League. Not many Tubbercurry lads can say that! I'll get very little opportunity to watch Rovers this year, but if I saw them against Bohs then I would hope I would not be alone in my initial applause for Raff. Anything less is an insult to a player who DID give his everything for the club, regardless of how poorly some of you think his application was after the July window. And I am guessing that if Raff was asked by a journalist to describe his time at The Showgrounds, what he thinks of the club, and what his hopes for the club are, I am sure he would be full of complimentary words as the club did and does mean a lot to him!

redbuli
26/02/2010, 7:43 PM
well it looks like Cook has got his wish with two players for every position, it looks a strong squad although theres a few unknowns, with Cooks comments about getting a forward with pace im sure he'll convert one of the faster wingers into a second string striker (if needed) as he has done in the past, i definetly see Eoin Doyle playing more up front this season, think people forget he has been playing out of position on the wing

------------------------------Richard Brush
------------------------------Ciaran Kelly

Paul Whelan ----- Gavin Peers - Mauro Almeida-----Iarflaith Davoren
Alan Keane ------ Derek Foran - Steve Feeney------Danny Keohane

Jason McCartney --- Richie Ryan - Conor O'Grady ------- Gary McCabe
John Dillon ---------- Mark Donninger - Danny Ventre ----Dean Marshall

----------------------Padraig Amond Mathew Blinkhorn
----------------------Eoin Doyle

dont know what position Mark McGoldrick, Barry O'Mahoney or Keith Duffy play so havent added them above.. plenty of competition for places and Russell to join mid-season as well, cant wait til the season starts

DonalE
26/02/2010, 8:56 PM
i think he is referring to having to play when carrying an injury. No need for need for the comments though.

Was that the injury that prevented him getting back onside after an attack broke down? Definitely no need for his comments

sligorover
26/02/2010, 9:06 PM
well it looks like Cook has got his wish with two players for every position, it looks a strong squad although theres a few unknowns, with Cooks comments about getting a forward with pace im sure he'll convert one of the faster wingers into a second string striker (if needed) as he has done in the past, i definetly see Eoin Doyle playing more up front this season, think people forget he has been playing out of position on the wing

------------------------------Richard Brush
------------------------------Ciaran Kelly

Paul Whelan ----- Gavin Peers - Mauro Almeida-----Iarflaith Davoren
Alan Keane ------ Derek Foran - Steve Feeney------Danny Keohane

Jason McCartney --- Richie Ryan - Conor O'Grady ------- Gary McCabe
John Dillon ---------- Mark Donninger - Danny Ventre ----Dean Marshall

----------------------Padraig Amond Mathew Blinkhorn
----------------------Eoin Doyle

dont know what position Mark McGoldrick, Barry O'Mahoney or Keith Duffy play so havent added them above.. plenty of competition for places and Russell to join mid-season as well, cant wait til the season starts
Marks centre forward,though he's played on the wing a bit. Barrys a centre mid and I think Duffys a centre back, could be left back though.

Dean Marshall looked lively when he played up front against Bohs, scored a cracker of a goal too, I'd wonder if Cook plans on using him up there this year.

Rasputin
26/02/2010, 11:06 PM
Jesus Christ the bitterness towards Raf.
That interivew is just a carbon copy of every interview of a player going to a new club.
How quick people twist the knife, hes been a stalwart of our club for years and if he came to work saturated in babys blood id still be reluctant to question the lad after his many many years of service and commitment to the club.

Well Red
27/02/2010, 1:22 PM
Jesus Christ the bitterness towards Raf.
That interivew is just a carbon copy of every interview of a player going to a new club.
How quick people twist the knife, hes been a stalwart of our club for years and if he came to work saturated in babys blood id still be reluctant to question the lad after his many many years of service and commitment to the club.

A bit over the top but more than anything else our supporters got a bit upset at his remark about Sligo which at the least was a bit disrespectful to the club who looked after him for a long time. I hope he gets on well with Bohs but is a washout against us whenever we play against him.

Sean South
27/02/2010, 2:12 PM
No need for need for the comments though.

Raf or jc46?

Church Hill 1
27/02/2010, 7:20 PM
Well Moderators......almost 24 hours later and still no sign of my post below? Any chance it will go up?

dahamsta
28/02/2010, 12:30 AM
Well Moderators......almost 24 hours later and still no sign of my post below? Any chance it will go up?

I run Foot.ie in my spare time, if you want better reaction times, click Buy Foot.ie Kit (http://foot.ie/content/130-Shop) or Join Foot.ie Club (http://foot.ie/content/129-Club) above. In the meantime, you might want to think about just how important your opinion actually is. Oh, and paragraphs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paragraph).

redobit
28/02/2010, 11:59 AM
Left Full back for Jason McCartney

Well Red
28/02/2010, 6:56 PM
It will be interesting to see if the sugardaddy of Sporting Fingal still has very deep pockets, according to recent news he may not have.

jc46
01/03/2010, 12:10 PM
Jeez, some of ye are very sensitive. A player answers a few questions honestly and is then pilloried for those answers. Some of ye claim Raff was having a few digs at Rovers in his comments! Where? How? He says "the physical aspect of the players" impressed him. No surprise there. Bohs' links with DCU means they are without doubt the best prepared side in the country, as they have the best facilities available to them in terms of training, conditioning, diet, nutrition, etc. Fenlon also doesn't strike me as someone who'd be out on the lash with them, as Cook is known to do from time to time. Two league titles in two years suggests Bohs are a finely tuned machine. And it really p!sses me off to hear the abuse Raff took after the comments he made immediately after the Cup final. Again, he was just answering questions posed by journalists as to his future. It's not like he ruthlessly came out with a statement or press release saying he was done with Rovers and was hoping for a move to Bohs or Shams. Raff has a lot to thank Rovers for, but we, as Rovers fans, have a lot more to thank him for. He provided some great entertainment and great goals over the years and owed the club nothing when they were not prepared to match either his wage demands or his ambition. Bohs have now satisfied both and I will be very surprised if he does not possess at least one winners' medal after his time with them. Plus, he will get to play in the Champions League. Qualifiers maybe, but at least it's the Champions League. Not many Tubbercurry lads can say that! I'll get very little opportunity to watch Rovers this year, but if I saw them against Bohs then I would hope I would not be alone in my initial applause for Raff. Anything less is an insult to a player who DID give his everything for the club, regardless of how poorly some of you think his application was after the July window. And I am guessing that if Raff was asked by a journalist to describe his time at The Showgrounds, what he thinks of the club, and what his hopes for the club are, I am sure he would be full of complimentary words as the club did and does mean a lot to him!
Wage demands??. Pat Fenlon confirmed in the Mail on Sunday that all players signed for this season by him have accepted LESS than what their previous clubs were paying them!. Where does that leave Cretaro?

Guts&Glory
01/03/2010, 12:20 PM
Supposedly working behind the Bar at Dalymount Park like Rossiter et al.

Are you saying we are supposed to believe that Raf moved to a more expensive place to live than Sligo - that Dublin is - for less Money than he was on at Rovers - come on pull the other one.

It wouldnt be like Bohs to be economical with figures now would it.

Didn't see him mentioned in the report on the Coleraine Vs Bohs game - is he injured ?

sligored
01/03/2010, 12:42 PM
Supposedly working behind the Bar at Dalymount Park like Rossiter et al.

Are you saying we are supposed to believe that Raf moved to a more expensive place to live than Sligo - that Dublin is - for less Money than he was on at Rovers - come on pull the other one.

It wouldnt be like Bohs to be economical with figures now would it.

Didn't see him mentioned in the report on the Coleraine Vs Bohs game - is he injured ?

cup tied - like the derry players and brian cash at st pats

Jeebus
01/03/2010, 2:04 PM
cup tied - like the derry players and brian cash at st pats

Almost certain I read somewhere he was out injured. Dont think he is cup tied, I dont recall him playing for us in SS cup last season

dong
01/03/2010, 2:43 PM
Wage demands??. Pat Fenlon confirmed in the Mail on Sunday that all players signed for this season by him have accepted LESS than what their previous clubs were paying them!. Where does that leave Cretaro?

So you believe everything that Fenlon trots out to the Mail on Sunday?:D
Fenlon will say whatever it takes to make himself look good to be honest. So why wouldn't he say that these players came for the glory of playing with the mighty Bohs and, most importantly, the mighty Nutsy!?

showgies
03/03/2010, 10:16 PM
Iarla was on I 102 104 and said Russell lives with him so id imagine he's signed

In Davoran's interview on extratime.ie he states that Russell has indeed signed.

http://extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/2965/

dong
03/03/2010, 11:50 PM
In Davoran's interview on extratime.ie he states that Russell has indeed signed.

What part of the country is Davoren from?

Mayo Red
04/03/2010, 7:47 AM
What part of the country is Davoren from?

He's a Galway lad as far as I know.

Guts&Glory
04/03/2010, 1:29 PM

Did we win the Lotto during the off season????? Would love to know where the money for all the wages is coming form.

sligored
11/03/2010, 8:37 AM
Jamie Clarke(unatt) supposedly on trial

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Clarke_%28footballer_born_1988%29

Mayo Red
11/03/2010, 9:06 AM
Jamie Clarke(unatt) supposedly on trial

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Clarke_%28footballer_born_1988%29

The Accrington Stanley connection again I see!!

sligored
11/03/2010, 9:31 AM
another centre forward badly needed- no cover there