PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Rumours 201X Season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

outspoken
01/12/2016, 11:00 PM
Don't know much about him, what's he like/positions etc??

He's an absolutely sh1te centre half

joey B
02/12/2016, 2:43 AM
Aaron Barry to Cork???

brendy_éire
02/12/2016, 7:40 AM
Aaron Barry to Cork???

He's been offered a contract at Derry, but so far hasn't accepted it. Sounds like he could be gone.

http://www.derryjournal.com/sport/football/derry-city/aaron-barry-s-derry-city-future-in-doubt-1-7708753

Jofspring
02/12/2016, 8:29 AM

Had great potential with us and a great centre back partnership with Oji. Was always a bit lost without him though. One of these players that everyone wanted but when he signed couldn't really get any real game time. Probably still has potential though. Certainly wouldn't be the first centre back to improve as he got older and matured.

Ezeikial
02/12/2016, 9:57 AM
Certainly wouldn't be the first centre back to improve as he got older and matured.

Most players tend to improve as they get older, especially towards their late 20's - Folan is only 24.

The unkind might say that Folan could hardly get worse from his recent seasons form

Hulsey
02/12/2016, 12:51 PM
Had great potential with us and a great centre back partnership with Oji. Was always a bit lost without him though. One of these players that everyone wanted but when he signed couldn't really get any real game time. Probably still has potential though. Certainly wouldn't be the first centre back to improve as he got older and matured.

If he was to sign he'd presumably be back up to Kenna and Clancy. Two players he could learn a lot from

Charlie Darwin
02/12/2016, 12:53 PM
He's been offered a contract at Derry, but so far hasn't accepted it. Sounds like he could be gone.

http://www.derryjournal.com/sport/football/derry-city/aaron-barry-s-derry-city-future-in-doubt-1-7708753
Wasn't he one of the lads moaning about the exchange rate?

redobit
02/12/2016, 1:58 PM

Holywood. As some fans called him when he played in the Showgrounds. Has the build and the walk of a good CB. But when it gets down to it he's a liability. Expect plenty of long cross field balls even when a midfielder is 10 yards away from him.

brendy_éire
02/12/2016, 2:05 PM
Wasn't he one of the lads moaning about the exchange rate?

Apparently so, aye.

White Horse
03/12/2016, 11:01 AM
The good times must be back. Bray refusing to negotiate with Dundalk and a bidding war over Sean Hoare.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/seagulls-block-dundalk-swoop-for-connolly-35264704.html

http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/sport/7266246/Dundalk-make-a-move-to-sign-Dylan-Connolly-from-Bray-Wanderers.html

total hoofball
03/12/2016, 1:43 PM
Dundalk would want to find a hell of alot more than 20k out of their European money kitty if they want to land a young player who they think is a good enough to be a replacement for Horgan

ToberonaTornado
03/12/2016, 1:56 PM
Dundalk would want to find a hell of alot more than 20k out of their European money kitty if they want to land a young player who they think is a good enough to be a replacement for Horgan
:rolleyes:
OK.
€20,025 bid

bluewhitearmy
03/12/2016, 2:25 PM
We have signed Ian Turner from Cork and Dave O'Connor from Rovers.

bluewhitearmy
03/12/2016, 3:56 PM
Brendan Clarke also signing for us.

Charlie Darwin
03/12/2016, 5:17 PM
The good times must be back. Bray refusing to negotiate with Dundalk and a bidding war over Sean Hoare.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/seagulls-block-dundalk-swoop-for-connolly-35264704.html

http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/sport/7266246/Dundalk-make-a-move-to-sign-Dylan-Connolly-from-Bray-Wanderers.html
Why would they negotiate? They know that they hold all the cards if Dundalk really want him.

Lim till i die
03/12/2016, 5:23 PM
Obviously I haven't a clue about the circumstances of the bray fella but I often wondered:

A lot of youngfellas are retained by their clubs on small money on two years when they start. Is their anything to stop a club that wants them just giving the youngfella a loan to but out his contract rather than going through all the transfer messing??

Charlie Darwin
03/12/2016, 5:40 PM
Obviously I haven't a clue about the circumstances of the bray fella but I often wondered:

A lot of youngfellas are retained by their clubs on small money on two years when they start. Is their anything to stop a club that wants them just giving the youngfella a loan to but out his contract rather than going through all the transfer messing??
They can but a) buying out a contract requires the club to accept a fee, which can be larger than the value of the contract, and b) a transfer fee would still be owed due to the fact he's under 24.

White Horse
03/12/2016, 6:26 PM
Why would they negotiate? They know that they hold all the cards if Dundalk really want him.

They don't have to negotiate. They can insist on the lad seeing out his contract.

gormacha
03/12/2016, 7:05 PM
They don't have to negotiate. They can insist on the lad seeing out his contract.

True, but rarely a good idea. Just leaves you with a seriously pi55ed off player for the year.

SFC16
05/12/2016, 8:55 AM
Is Shane O'Connor any good? What type of player is he?

Very good, run all day for ya, good going forward and very solid defensively too. Was left back his time as Ipswich.

disgruntled
05/12/2016, 9:42 AM

True, but rarely a good idea. Just leaves you with a seriously pi55ed off player for the year.

Pi55ed off or not he's still under contract.
Dundalk will sign him if they really want him but will have to pay for the privilege.
Otherwise any player could break his contract just because their club are afraid they will have a pi55ed off player on their hands & contracts would become meaningless.

Kingdom
05/12/2016, 11:55 AM
Kane's 18. He started with Pats u17s and made the transition to the u19s. He's in the Ireland u19 squad for the last few months. He looks a great prospect. He made his senior debut in the 8-0 FAI Cup win over Pike earlier this year and I know everyone at Pats thinks he has a bright future

I'm pretty sure I saw that youngfella training on his first night with the 19's up in Pearse Park astro very early this year/ very late last year. If it's the same boy, then he was head and shoulders ahead of the rest of the 19's squad from what I saw. Very tidy looking player.

brendy_éire
05/12/2016, 1:59 PM
Cork, presumably, keeping their spending in check then. That, or we're spending a bit more.
http://www.derryjournal.com/sport/football/derry-city-aaron-barry-turns-down-cork-and-commits-future-to-derry-1-7712968

brendy_éire
06/12/2016, 6:53 AM
Some chat linking Shane McEleney with Derry, but he has signed for Ottawa Fury.
Bit random, though not the first LoI player they've signed.

PartySaint
06/12/2016, 8:02 AM
Mikey Drennan close to signing for Bray and also Danny Furlong might be going there but Keegan wants him to follow him to Galway

Longfordian
06/12/2016, 8:30 AM
Furlong has gone to New Zealand. Doesn't sound like he's planning on being back for the LOI season but you never know I suppose.

https://www.odt.co.nz/sport/football/sixth-irish-player-joins-side?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

oldyouth
06/12/2016, 1:01 PM
Mikey Drennan close to signing for Bray and also Danny Furlong might be going there but Keegan wants him to follow him to Galway

Keegan & Furlong do not get on

gufcfan
06/12/2016, 3:12 PM
Keegan & Furlong do not get on
At least we know we can safely ignore PartySaint in future...

sbgawa
06/12/2016, 4:00 PM

Would be delighted to see Mikey Drennan back playing football, that would be a genuine good news story.

Nesta99
07/12/2016, 12:06 AM
If Drennan has the hunger for the game back then things are looking on the up in general for him!!

Charlie Darwin
07/12/2016, 12:09 AM
He's playing for Evergreen already, but yeah would be great to see him back playing senior football. Would hope we'd offer him something first though.

gufc2000
08/12/2016, 5:32 PM
We've re-signed Stephen Folan, thought we'd lose him but glad that Keegan has convinced him to stay.

ToberonaTornado
08/12/2016, 7:36 PM
Whatever about his own salary worries i Honestly hope this egit who thinks grace jobs should be given to his wife just because he plays for the locals will never show his face back here again!!

http://www.derryjournal.com/sport/football/derry-city/danish-defender-breaks-silence-over-decision-not-to-re-sign-for-candy-stripes-1-7723590

brendy_éire
08/12/2016, 7:47 PM
Whatever about his own salary worries i Honestly hope this egit who thinks grace jobs should be given to his wife just because he plays for the locals will never show his face back here again!!

Aye, strange interview. I get his complaints about the money, especially with the sterling rate at present, but sorting his missus with a job is a pretty damn good.
Interesting that Dundalk, Cork and Shamrock Rovers all didn't offer enough either. Makes you wonder what he was actually after.

Charlie Darwin
08/12/2016, 7:57 PM
Aye, strange interview. I get his complaints about the money, especially with the sterling rate at present, but sorting his missus with a job is a pretty damn good.
Interesting that Dundalk, Cork and Shamrock Rovers all didn't offer enough either. Makes you wonder what he was actually after.
He was playing us all against each other to provoke Bayern Munich into making an offer.

White Horse
18/12/2016, 12:30 PM
Dylan Connolly signs a new 2 year contract with Bray. Ireland's wealthiest club flexes their financial muscle.

pineapple stu
18/12/2016, 12:32 PM
You're not upset because Bray turned down Dundalk's offer of two and sixpence, are you?

White Horse
18/12/2016, 12:36 PM
You're not upset because Bray turned down Dundalk's offer of two and sixpence, are you?

Not at all. He's a good player, but I wasn't convinced by his attitude.

bluewhitearmy
18/12/2016, 12:44 PM
I wonder are Bray fans more happy that they are gonan have a very good team for a while or upset that they will almost certainly be gone in a few years.

El-Pietro
18/12/2016, 12:48 PM
I was hoping Dundalk would sign him, I don't think hes all that good. He was very quiet in Cork a few months back after a heavy tackle from Alan Bennett. Hes young though so he has plenty of time to improve and prove me wrong.

White Horse
18/12/2016, 1:06 PM
It could turn out to be an astute financial decision.

If Connolly performs at a high level for Bray and consistently puts in the performances that got Daryl Horgan noticed, they may be able to flog him next year for the 100 grand (or more) they think he is worth.

They just need to make sure that they can pay him his wages and pay them on time.

Yossarian
18/12/2016, 1:40 PM
I wonder how the Bray "project" will work out if they don't manage to get approval to turn the Carlisle Grounds into apartments/offices.
I would have liked to have Connolly at Dundalk, he's played well against us but if it came down to too high a price then I agree with the financial prudence shown by the club.

White Horse
18/12/2016, 1:46 PM
I would have liked to have Connolly at Dundalk, he's played well against us but if it came down to too high a price then I agree with the financial prudence shown by the club.

The club went to 35k from what I heard. Four years ago we were glad to see people dropping coppers in a bucket. Common sense prevailed.

oriel
18/12/2016, 6:42 PM
I would have loved to have seen Connolly join, but I definitely wouldn't pay over the odds, and 35-40 would be max for me. If the club had gone above this, it would only set a precedent for future transfer targets/clubs selling when they know Dundalk have a few bob spare.

gufcfan
18/12/2016, 7:58 PM
when they know Dundalk have a few bob spare.

Do you really though... Oriel needs serious work and the money Dundalk earned won't be long getting gobbled up in capital expenditure along with whatever rewards the players got for their exploits their year, not just in bonuses, but in terms of their contracts for next year.

White Horse
18/12/2016, 8:32 PM
"The club are in a stable condition, I know that - I’ve met people in the club, I wouldn’t be worried. I see people on twitter and all that worrying, don’t be worried. There’s only one team in Wicklow, don’t worry things will be good, I know it.

They’ve got a new board and stuff in and they’ve got good backing, they don’t just make a 5-year plan with no money, there’s money here so for all the players that want to come down to Bray, come on down.”

Dylan Connolly, in an interview with 98fm.
http://www.98fm.com/Dylan-Connolly-On-Dundalk:-It-Was-Nothing-That-Interested-Me

El-Pietro
19/12/2016, 8:51 AM
So... End of April/start of May? When do we hear the first rumblings of late payments to Bray players?

oriel
19/12/2016, 9:43 AM
Do you really though... Oriel needs serious work and the money Dundalk earned won't be long getting gobbled up in capital expenditure along with whatever rewards the players got for their exploits their year, not just in bonuses, but in terms of their contracts for next year.
There will always be a list of items to spend money on for LOI clubs, and you're right, the redevelopment costs to upgrade oriel park will be significant. I think after all expenses and bonus payments, Dlk should still have a few million in cash. For the ground developments, there will also be grants now available to apply for since the club have got the lease under their ownership. It is good though to see the club taking a stance and not paying silly money over what they valued a player.

KR's Post
19/12/2016, 9:49 AM
So... End of April/start of May? When do we hear the first rumblings of late payments to Bray players?

No late payments last year!!!!

El-Pietro
19/12/2016, 10:27 AM
No late payments last year!!!!
I didn't suggest that there were. I'm saying that this sounds very familiar and when the gates don't materialize to support the high wages being paid out I think theres a strong possibility that Bray make late or miss payments this coming season.

We'll have to wait and see but from the outside it doesn't look good.